*~* Questions for our locals *~*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is it possible to sail out and into the Pacific from this area?

My answer per google is yes, but I would like a confirm from anyone that knows those/that water way in the area.

Yes, right down the Columbia River.

Is it possible to sail out and into the Pacific from this area?

My answer per google is yes, but I would like a confirm from anyone that knows those/that water way in the area.

It's open for commercial shipping, but it's not a common pleasure boat trip. In all my years, I've never heard of someone taking a personal craft all the way.

When they use the term 'houseboat' in the SI context, you'll see that they're better known as 'floating homes'. They're not necessarily mobile.

Sorry if this has already been asked, but anyplace on Sauvie that would attract lots and lots of bees? I see there's a lavendar farm there - anything else like that?

The bee sting allergy info, being released at this late a date, has me curious if there's any significance there...

TIA!

I've wondered what the significance is too. The whole of SI is farms; almost anyone could keep bees.
Beekeeping is also a currently popular urban thing. First the chickens, now bees & goats.

We tend mason bees at our house. They're lovely. :)

When they use the term 'houseboat' in the SI context, you'll see that they're better known as 'floating homes'. They're not necessarily mobile.

I leave near a coast, quite familiar with the terminology of everything.
Since the dog hit the "sock" and the pings came from the island the question popped up on if it was possible to leave via a channel into the pacific.

Conflicting reviews so far. I can't google more besides boating clubs in SI.
Nothing out, nothing in.. so I am assuming not.

My hope that Kyron could of left on a boat and traveled elsewhere has shrunk.

It's open for commercial shipping, but it's not a common pleasure boat trip. In all my years, I've never heard of someone taking a personal craft all the way.

I've wondered what the significance is too. The whole of SI is farms; almost anyone could keep bees.
Beekeeping is also a currently popular urban thing. First the chickens, now bees & goats.

We tend mason bees at our house. They're lovely. :)

When my parents were first married they bought a 32' Chris Craft. They stored it on Jantzen Beach and then took it all the way down the river every year to go Salmon fishing. So it is done. ;}

DID i JUST hear on NG that there was a HIT by K9 on the island?

I saw a video but don't know where--the man had 2 cadaver dogs, and one of them hit on a sock in the water. it looked like a white sock. He said he will go back with different dogs tomorrow. If they also hit on the same place he will call police. I can't remember his name, but apparently he is known for having success with his dogs. He is not connected to LE. Wpould you like me to see if I can find the video?
Here is a link to an article "Search Expert using Dogs to Look for Kyron":
http://www.kptv.com/news/24100574/detail.html
link to video is at end of the article.

Hope this works and doesn't blow the margins. If so I will give it a few min and delete it. A great photo of the houseboats on SI:

http://travelphotos-ra.photoshelter...7y7o4.Pa1AkNkUA7z4aGA--&I_ID=I0000V7bp0vk1AYk

MY theory:
Thank you Scandi, well it is possible that some out of town guests could have been staying on the island. But to what end? Why would TH want to "get rid of Kyron?". Was Kaine setting to divorce Terry, and Terry snapped? Has Terry started drinking again, and Kaine was worried for the safety of the children? I have read a theory about another man that Terry was seeing, but am not sure what thread it could have been on? Just wonder why the cell phone pings went off of Sauvie island...

I saw a video but don't know where--the man had 2 cadaver dogs, and one of them hit on a sock in the water. it looked like a white sock. He said he will go back with different dogs tomorrow. If they also hit on the same place he will call police. I can't remember his name, but apparently he is known for having success with his dogs. He is not connected to LE. Wpould you like me to see if I can find the video?
Here is a link to an article "Search Expert using Dogs to Look for Kyron":
http://www.kptv.com/news/24100574/detail.html
link to video is at end of the article.

He did search yesterday and today, his dogs hit on the same spot yesterday as today. The sock was NOT Kyrons from what he said, it was an adult sock.

One thought has crossed my mind....by publicly eliminating the WW and the Oregonian. is there a possibility they did it on purpose for the reason of: if they arent using that newspaper, maybe TH will? Possibly giving her an 'unbiased' or 'rejected by the family bias'-if she thinks they are 'hurt' by not being able to report the' newest' media on Kyron, maybe that will be the media she chooses to speak to if she decides to speak out?

Just dropping in to identify myself as local. I want to mention that many people here are "understanding" about how quiet law enforcement has been..but many people are vocal about noticing how emotionless the biological father is. No one has seen him shed one tear.So, it is fairly funny everyone's attention is on step mom when bio Dad has the same problem with dead affect. EVERYONE is talking about this.

Thanks affinity. I think he looks like he is trying to make himself smaller to get attention off him by letting DY show all the emotion. I guess he could be numb. But we appreciate hearing what the locals have to say.

MY theory:
Thank you Scandi, well it is possible that some out of town guests could have been staying on the island. But to what end? Why would TH want to "get rid of Kyron?". Was Kaine setting to divorce Terry, and Terry snapped? Has Terry started drinking again, and Kaine was worried for the safety of the children? I have read a theory about another man that Terry was seeing, but am not sure what thread it could have been on? Just wonder why the cell phone pings went off of Sauvie island...

You could be right on, that she endangered the children or one of them so they were not safe. Drinking could cause that bad judgement. But she had almost everything in life you would think. It is easy to judge someone, but looking at her life I think she really had it all. xox

Thanks affinity. I think he looks like he is trying to make himself smaller to get attention off him by letting DY show all the emotion. I guess he could be numb. But we appreciate hearing what the locals have to say.

He is sure getting a raking out in cyberland. I am amazed.

You could be right on, that she endangered the children or one of them so they were not safe. Drinking could cause that bad judgement. But she had almost everything in life you would think. It is easy to judge someone, but looking at her life I think she really had it all. xox

To play devil's advocate here. She appeared to have it all until maybe 6 months or so ago. Since then she hasn't had her oldest son with her.

I think her change in appearance over this same time period may speak to things not being what they once had been. Maybe drinking again? Anything is possible, as this case has clearly shown.

Hello, locals. I asked this before early on and might have been replied to but if it was, I missed it.

IS there a traffic cam which shows cars coming/ going onto and off of Sauvie Island? I live in a very metropolitan area (Baltimore/ DC) and we have traffic cams mounted EVERYWHERE. It can show us not only the flow of traffic but it also useful in showing us the weather conditions on the highways in the wintertime. Not sure if these cams are used widely across the US, I just know we have them here. Also not sure if they are part of DOT (department of transportation) or if they are put there by individual TV stations.

I am asking because if there was a traffic cam, I wonder if they got any shots of Terri coming or going off the island. This has been bugging me, all I really need to know if yes or no if there were cams there or not. Finding out if Terris car or truck was caught on cam by one would be an impossible task, I realize, because LE just isn't "talking".

Hello, locals. I asked this before early on and might have been replied to but if it was, I missed it.

IS there a traffic cam which shows cars coming/ going onto and off of Sauvie Island? I live in a very metropolitan area (Baltimore/ DC) and we have traffic cams mounted EVERYWHERE. It can show us not only the flow of traffic but it also useful in showing us the weather conditions on the highways in the wintertime. Not sure if these cams are used widely across the US, I just know we have them here. Also not sure if they are part of DOT (department of transportation) or if they are put there by individual TV stations.

I am asking because if there was a traffic cam, I wonder if they got any shots of Terri coming or going off the island. This has been bugging me, all I really need to know if yes or no if there were cams there or not. Finding out if Terris car or truck was caught on cam by one would be an impossible task, I realize, because LE just isn't "talking".

I thought I remember someone talking about this in another thread but not sure. I believe there might be one camera on the bridge but I can't find it listed anywhere. They don't have a lot of traffic on Sauvie except during Pumpkin Patch season where you get stuck on that bridge for a very long time. I'm sure LE has checked if there is one.

I thought I remember someone talking about this in another thread but not sure. I believe there might be one camera on the bridge but I can't find it listed anywhere. They don't have a lot of traffic on Sauvie except during Pumpkin Patch season where you get stuck on that bridge for a very long time. I'm sure LE has checked if there is one.

Lots of traffic cams in our neck of the woods too, but as I found out recently, much to my surprise, they are "real-time" only, and don't record or store any actual video/data. A friend had a fender-bender in an intersection, and when she asked the city for video from the camera that was "watching" the entire scene and "saw" the incident, they told her the following: These particular cams are apparently used as part of a self-monitoring traffic-light system (telling the lights when to change, for instance) and sometimes also by LE (to figure out where precisely an accident is on the freeway, at which exit and on which side and how far away, for instance). But all of this in real time - no stored data for later review. Anyhow, who knows -- perhaps this is one reason why LE had to issue a broad request for any recorded video? JMO.

Is this Science Fair something that occurs every year at the same time? Is this open to the public throughout the day?

There are no operating traffic cams on Sauvie Island bridge or on the island.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave
Back