Rape allegations mount against Bill Cosby #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, it is still the rapists' words against the victims' in these cases.
They can't prove that he lied about what the pills were. It's only because of the totality of accusations and his own confession as to the method used that many now deem these women credible. But across the country - every day- individual victims are vilified as gold diggers, as "nuts and *advertiser censored*" and discouraged from even pressing charges.
This case is symptomatic of how its practically impossible to prosecute acquaintance rape. Far too often their allegations are dismissed because people prefer to dismiss the victims voice.

However these women all said they were drugged before being assaulted before this came out where he admitted to that very behavior. It makes it easier for them to make their case.
I think that we will see some movement soon.

Why is it so threatening that someone does not agree with what the main theme of this thread is. I still think he is innocent and being falsely accused. I am not going to change my opinion until I see proof of the allegations in the media.
Clearer now?

Clearer now?

Yes. It is. I am not happy I was wrong. I follow the evidence. I don't like to jump to conclusions. I did that before and got burned.. As you well know.. ;)

Bill Cosby for me was someone who was part of my childhood and my young adulthood. I didn't want to believe this. I still don't. But now there is proof. I have no problem saying I was wrong. I have been wrong before and will be wrong again.
But I need something that shows me the truth.
I don't regret sticking to what I believe but I will openly admit when I am wrong.

So embarrassing was legalese for completely incriminating.
Sad really how many people will only consider the word of a man as credible and not that of fortysomething women. Phylicia Rashad and some other people need to make a statement I think. Anyone who still supports him I'd suspect they knew all along and just didn't care because he made them a lot of money.

So embarrassing was legalese for completely incriminating.
Sad really how many people will only consider the word of a man as credible and not that of fortysomething women. Phylicia Rashad and some other people need to make a statement I think. Anyone who still supports him I'd suspect they knew all along and just didn't care because he made them a lot of money.

Jill Scott publicly defended Cosby, and now she no longer supports him.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...-*advertiser censored*-bust-article-1.2283728

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...-*advertiser censored*-bust-article-1.2283728

I don't think people need to apologize for believing in their friend. I think that they feel bad enough. Who can fault someone for standing by someone they love and had no clue was capable of such ugliness.

I think you will see people leave his camp quickly but I don't think people should be quick to judge people who knew him personally and never ever saw this side of him.
They should not be targets.

Yes, but -- significantly, it took a man's sworn word -- Cosby's -- to convince her; the 40+ women evidently were just not enough.

The thing is, Bill Cosby was wildly popular in the entertainment business. He didn't NEED to drug women to get women to comply.

He got off by tricking women and then incapacitating them before violating them. He liked them to look drunk (actresses said he asked them to look drunk and disheveled) and when they were passed out, he ****ed them. And, from many stories, he liked standing over them when they came too.

He wasn't into consensual sex with women who were awake. "Consensual" is the key word.

Jmo but once there are 15 women saying someone I love drugged and raped them that ought to act as a clue that maybe I don't know all the ugly things he is capable of and maybe I should wait for PROOF that they're all liars before hanging my hat on the possibility. There is trusting and supporting a personal friend and then there is victim shaming and totally dismissing their worth.

Jill scott: sadly his own sworn testimony offers PROOF of terrible deeds which is ALL ive ever required to believe the accusations.

But she required NO evidence at all to believe the accusations against 40 + women for being lying conspirators who make up crimes and slander

Jill scott: sadly his own sworn testimony offers PROOF of terrible deeds which is ALL ive ever required to believe the accusations.

But she required NO evidence at all to believe the accusations against 40 + women for being lying conspirators who make up crimes and slander

It is not the same thing. She just wanted proof as did I. There is nothing wrong with that.

I have been offended that despite the accusations, he continued to do shows and people continued to buy tickets, he even joked about it. Maybe now, even if they can't press charges, he will slink off into a hole, and we won't have to see or hear about him anymore.

At minimum, I now feel, like the Jerry Sandusky victims, these women should reap a financial reward for what they endured, and nobody believing them. Difference is, it'll come out of BC's bank acct and not a college acct.
All MOO

never mind. Realized it was the onion... although I am waiting to see what happens with temple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ronin13