Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one is siding with anyone..
that is not true, and you know it, Jill Scott knows it. Bill Cosby knows it, he tweeted a thank you for Jill Scott for siding with him.
Just waiting on facts.
If she had been waiting for facts she would never have been so vocal about supporting him when she just didn't know. The only reason to do so is that she defaulted in believing Cosby and accusing the women with no facts, no evidence.
We have them and now we agree. There is no harm in waiting for facts and evidence.
Yes there is when waiting for facts means that the rape victim is a liar until proven otherwise. The attitude hurts everybody who has been or will be raped.

If people are truly waiting for facts they can't side with the alleged perp without proof that the alleged 40-50 victims are lying, they can just say, "i don't know what happened but what a nasty affair either way".

Jill Scott's tweets are out there and she clearly defended the rapist without a single bit of worry that she should perhaps wait for the facts before branding the victims as liars and minimizing and belittling their experience.

When it's word against word there's just no way a public personality can take to tweeting in defense of an allegedxrapist without siding against the victims.

I am not going to be bullied into agreeing.

I need proof. He admits to behavior that is consistent with what the current accusers are saying.

So for me that is the turn.

that is not true, and you know it, Jill Scott knows it. Bill Cosby knows it, he tweeted a thank you for Jill Scott for siding with him. Just waiting on facts.If she had been waiting for facts she would never have been so vocal about supporting him when she just didn't know. The only reason to do so is that she defaulted in believing Cosby and accusing the women with no facts, no evidence.
Yes there is when waiting for facts means that the rape victim is a liar until proven otherwise. The attitude hurts everybody who has been or will be raped.

If people are truly waiting for facts they can't side with the alleged perp without proof that the alleged 40-50 victims are lying, they can just say, "i don't know what happened but what a nasty affair either way".

Jill Scott's tweets are out there and she clearly defended the rapist without a single bit of worry that she should perhaps wait for the facts before branding the victims as liars and minimizing and belittling their experience.

When it's word against word there's just no way a public personality can take to tweeting in defense of an allegedxrapist without siding against the victims.

I am never ever going to just assume some is guilty on accusations. I don't care where they come from or who is making them. I need more than that. I won't apologize for giving someone the benefit of the doubt especially when it comes to something as serious as rape.

I don't care if people like it or not.

I did not side against the victims. I did not side with anyone. I wanted to wait until there was something that proved it.

I have it. moving on.

Whoopi Goldberg and Raven Simone remain supportive of Cosby (or at least are withholding judgement):

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...r-supports-bill-cosby-wrong-article-1.2283750
Well Whoopi is right, he still hasn't been proven guilty in a court of law so he is still technically innocent until proven guilty. However, since he has more or less confessed under oath, either he is really a rapist or he perjured himself.

Forget 40 or 50 women who cannot tell you enough stories to be believed... how sad is it when a person can *confess* they did an evil thing and people would rather hold on to his reputation than believe him.... And Raven-Symone makes no sense. So he gave her her first job.... What has that got to do with his criminal secret life or lack of one? Nothing, that's what.

I am never ever going to just assume some is guilty on accusations. I don't care where they come from or who is making them. I need more than that. I won't apologize for giving someone the benefit of the doubt especially when it comes to something as serious as rape.

I did not side against the victims. I did not side with anyone. I wanted to wait until there was something that proved it.

I have it. moving on.

I was talking about Jill Scott, not you. But you can ask any rape victim if they think that not giving them the benefit of the doubt and believing they made it up as a conspiracy to destroy the perp's reputation based on lies and their rapist is a good guy unless he's stupid enough to confess is not siding against them. Because Cosby sure seemed to think that people who made those statements sided with him.

For the love of all that is normal. Why can't you just let people figure this out for themselves and deal with it in their own way?

Raven and Whoopi know BC and have for years. They are having a hard time believing their friend is capable of such horrid behavior. They will get there in their own time. I watched today and Raven did not say she thought he was innocent. She just said it was hard for her because he gave her her first job.

"“I don’t like to talk about it much because he’s the reason I’m on this panel in the first place, he gave me my first job,” she said. “You need the proof and then I’ll be able to give my judgment here or there. Now that there are more facts, more people can come up.”
That is what she said. She is seeing it.. Accepting it in her own time.

I don't understand why everyone has to feel the same way or they get jumped on.
People will get there.

I imagine the multitude of women who actually consented to sex with him, may have a difficult time believing that for some women he felt compelled to drug and rape, for his perverted pleasure. JMO

IMO we've gotten to the point where no amount of money will any longer save Cosby from his crimes.

Agree.

I am just glad the 40+ women have some solid proof now. There were still a lot of people in the world who doubted them because they could not accept that BC could do such a thing.

It makes me wonder if BC was one of the first people to invent specifically using a "date rape" drug. I suppose alcohol was used in its place for many years prior.

With BC and his very selective use of Qualludes back then, it sure rings a lot like the more modern Date Rape drug GHB or Rupies or Rohypnol.

Qualludes were a very powerful sedative back in the 70's. They were manufactured by Rorer and were also called Rorer 714's because they had 714 marked on one side.

Dont quote me on this but I think the manufacturer actually quit making them because they were deemed too powerful.

Its interesting to me that BC chose this drug because he had to know it basically would totally knock out the person. Similar to the modern date rape drugs of today where people claim to wake up and not remember anything.

Very scary and evil he was in doing that to women. And multiple women.

It makes me wonder where BC got his prescription for the pills and if whoever was getting him the pills knew what he was using them for.

Im disgusted and disappointed like the rest of us in BC. I am not surprised by this latest news because I have believed the women for some time now. I had seen a few of them in some interviews a long time ago and they seemed very sincere and it was at that time I started to believe they were telling the truth.

The pain as they told their stories came across all too real.

Pretty sure Whoopi will deal with it in her own way regardless of what I think. She even said she doesn't care what anyone thinks. However, since she's chosen to make public statements she must be expecting to cope with social media comments.

Jmo anyone who talks about such a sensitive issue as rape on tv should be extra mindful of the possibility that it could be true and certain comments could hurt the victims. And also realize the danger that certain attitudes will make it harder for future victims of further rapes to come forward.

I am not going to be bullied into agreeing.

That seems like a rather harsh accusation against fellow members here. How do you reckon you're being bullied?

I don't see any evidence of bullying here, nor can I imagine what form it would take -- unless you believe that people responding to or disagreeing with your posts counts as bullying, which I do not.

I have it. moving on.

BBM. Just making sure. Seems a bit ironic but...

This ain't about me. It is about BC.

ETA:

I hope that they can get this to charges and we can see where this all leads. I feel like this in criminal court will give the best outcome for all. Everyone should get their day in court here.

And he cannot pay off the court.

Did BC maintain the same residence from 1970s to 1990s? Just wondering..do any of you WSleuthers know? Thx.

Did BC maintain the same residence from 1970s to 1990s? Just wondering..do any of you WSleuthers know? Thx.

He has multiple residences from what I remember. In LA, Philly, NY .. I think.. I don't know where he is now.

I don't think people need to apologize for believing in their friend. I think that they feel bad enough. Who can fault someone for standing by someone they love and had no clue was capable of such ugliness.

I think you will see people leave his camp quickly but I don't think people should be quick to judge people who knew him personally and never ever saw this side of him.
They should not be targets.

IMO they should apologize to the women they called liars or insane or said were in it for the attention and fame. Maybe don't apologize to being a good friend but apologize to the victims. Especially because right now rape victims go through hell after they've accused someone. Everyone (Bill's supporters included) made a huge deal about the girl in Virginia when she made false accusations and people need to be reminded that is more often the exception. Bill's friends coming forward and apologizing and saying the opposite of what they said (most accusations are founded) might just maybe help people not so harshly judge women when they do report rape.

Forty eight women. Forty eight women! That was a slap in the face to every woman walking around. Forty eight is NO coincidence! I sincerely hope, that if this happens again, women won't be afraid to come forward. I bet there are more than a dozen women holding back, because they seen the backlash for the one's that did come forward. SMH.

(BBM)

Apparently, well more than another dozen. According to P.J. Madsen, the former Playboy bunny, who was interviewed last night on Anderson Cooper 360, she said she knows (not thinks) that about 50 other women have not yet come forward. Here's the link to the video interview:

http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2015/07/07/cosby-rape-accuser-patti-masten-sot-ac.cnn?sr=twac0707cosbyaccuser

We're talking close to 100 women, if not more!

Did anyone notice that BC NEVER says he gave the drugs to unwilling women?

Can BC's Defence Team twist this to rip the alleged victims, and victims, on their sexual proclivities, drug use, past lies?

How can the women prove that they were unwilling?

He has multiple residences from what I remember. In LA, Philly, NY .. I think.. I don't know where he is now.

Thanks. Yes, multiple residences I know, I am just entertained with adding another parameter to extended shelf-testing. We have "freeze/thaw", perhaps we can add "long distance travel" and "pressured cabins ascend/descend" parameters. Twenty years is one hell of a shelf life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmyann4141