Rape allegations mount against Bill Cosby #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so old, I remember when Whoopi Goldberg was relevant.

That's an awfully quick about-face. I'm thinking that her stock dropped into the negative after her latest comments, so she decided to have this miraculous change of heart.

My opinion, though. It is also my opinion that she's a few fries short of a Happy Meal.

I think she had to choose between the quick about-face and following the Donald Trump map. Her words were going to come back in bite her in a manner similiar to DT.

^^I've been reading the comment sections of various articles about Cosby. There are many comments that start off with: I'm not defending Mr. Cosby, BUT.....

BUT this, but that, but anyway! It was the same thing with Lance Armstrong. It's hard for some folks to let go.

Recently, the "I'm not defending Mr. Cosby, BUT" apologists are saying: Bill administered Quaaludes only as an aphrodisiac to very willing groupie women.. who were drug addicts anyhow.. and that's just the way it was back in the day.

So there!

Seriously, if she's just now figuring out that he can't be prosecuted because of statute of limitations, she clearly has not been paying attention.

Seriously, if she's just now figuring out that he can't be prosecuted because of statute of limitations, she clearly has not been paying attention.

lol.. I don't believe her ploy for a second. I think Whoopie is full of show biz gimmickry, hence her funky name. She always takes the side less traveled because it keeps her in the news, at least the tabloid news. At this point, she's just a trumped up quasi celeb.

Yeah, I call BS on that. Whoopi is not a stupid woman, and almost every article about Bill and the rapes has included the fact about the statute of limitations and the inability to prosecute. I think she is lying about that. Trying to save face I guess.

Let's not forget, The View is not doing well at all and it's been mainly on Whoopi's shoulders to keep the network happy and restore the flailing show to its former *cough* glory. I'm sure this is posturing for the advertisers/audience and nothing more. Ms. Goldberg is not a stupid woman and for her to try and claim she didn't realize the statute of limitations had run out is simply ludicrous and insulting.

IMO

"A Message to Our Visitors about This Exhibition
"Allegations that publicly surfaced when we opened this exhibition in November 2014, now combined with recent revelations about Bill Cosby's behavior, cast a negative light on what should be a joyful exploration of African and African American art in this gallery.
"The National Museum of African Art in no way condones Mr. Cosby's behavior. We continue to present Conversations: African and African American Artworks in Dialogue because it is fundamentally about the artworks and the artists who created them, not Mr. Cosby.

I guess that's why there are quotes from Cosby on the walls. Because it's not about him at all.

ap_465399283599_slide-7a12e47755fc01d7071ed700a302c865a7a61b03-s800-c85.jpg

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...-at-exhibition-featuring-bill-cosby-owned-art

I love fabric art from medieval tapestries to abstract crochet sculptures. What brilliant combinations of colour and form! Goethe said “Music is liquid architecture; Architecture is frozen music.” For me, the dynamic quilt on the left is architectonic. Plus, it really captures "cool" so well.

Yeah, I call BS on that. Whoopi is not a stupid woman, and almost every article about Bill and the rapes has included the fact about the statute of limitations and the inability to prosecute. I think she is lying about that. Trying to save face I guess.

She's 59. If this is the first time that she has heard of the statute of limitations - oh well.

Anyway, even if her experience is so limited, wouldn't you think that the producers give the ladies of the View some kind of briefing before the show so that everybody who doesn't read the news has at least some kind of clue about the event that they're shortly going to have strong opinions about? (I know, not always evident...)

Amy Dardashtian
Television Correspondent and Attorney
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/amy-dardashtian/jail-for-cosby-the-federa_b_7788882.html
Jail for Cosby? The Case for Serial Rape

...why isn't the Department of Justice bringing a federal criminal case against Cosby for serial rape? He is being accused of raping dozens of women in several states. There is no statute of limitations on sex abuse cases in federal court, so every one of these women could have their claims heard in one suit. Furthermore, the allegations fall under the definition of sex abuse for federal purposes. The statute in title 18 of the U.S. Code, section 109A reads, in part, that whoever "causes another person to engage in a sexual act by threatening or placing that other person in fear ....or engages in a sexual act with another person if that other person is ...physically incapable of declining participation in, or communicating unwillingness to engage in, that sexual act; or attempts to do so, shall be fined under this title and imprisoned for any term of years or for life." The minimum sentence is typically twenty years to life for federal sex abuse crimes

Ms. Goldberg is not a stupid woman

rsbm

At one time, years ago, she seemed quite sharp, but one can't help but wonder what sort of severe brain damage she has suffered by being a co-host on 'The View' for so many years. Watching 10 minutes of that abomination is bad enough, but to participate in it regularly cannot help but make one progressively stupider.

Ugh. From your link:
"I find out from you (Abrams) that that's not possible. So I can't say anymore 'innocent until proven guilty'… because there's no way to prove it."

Why does anyone consider either an acquittal or conviction as absolute proof of anything, anyway? Innocent people get convicted and guilty people walk every single day so if someone is using that as their sole barometer for 'truth-seeking', there's a massive problem.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member