Raven is innocent!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Rooster said:
He didn't post his Christmas video for YOU all to see. He posted it as a Christmas card too his and Janet's family. I'm sure when his family see's it they see Raven being himself. Fun, outgoing, playfully conversing with his wife...

He has already pleaded GUILTY to the charges of embezzelment...

I think he is innocent of commiting murder.
Hi Rooster,

Appreciate you joining us and posting your opinions. It seems like you know Raven and think very highly of him. Which I respect. Why or what is it about Raven that leads you to feel that he is not capable of committing murder?

Thanks,
Moxie

PrayersForMaura said:
I would've thought he could pawn his motorcycle and VX to pay for rent, as well as cancel internet access and other luxuries that one doens't need when one is hurting for money.
Didn't he have the VX and motorcycle up for sale? I thought someone found some on line activity about that. I'm sure he was using the internet to help his serch for a job. Janet had just gotten a job too. Maybe she needed it for her work?

Moxie said:
Hi Rooster,

Appreciate you joining us and posting your opinions. It seems like you know Raven and think very highly of him. Which I respect. Why or what is it about Raven that leads you to feel that he is not capable of committing murder?

Thanks,
Moxie
He loved Janet very much! He would NOT murder the mother of his child. Or anyone else. You all think you know him but you don't!

jager said:
Again, have any of you that are critizing raven and the families involved about their actions after the murder ever been in a situation like this before? Even if you have I would say you are in no position to judge. Every situation and person is different. I can name a few cases where the a husband, wife, mother, father, etc has come out after the crime has happened and asked for the killers/criminals to be brought to justice. Didn't Scott peterson do this? I know Michele Smith? did, the women who said her kids were kidnapped by a black man (when she actually killed them). There are a lot of cases where this has happened and it turned out that the person speaking out was the one the commited the crime. Frankly if raven went to the media and started blabbing about how innocent he is and doing what some of you are saying I would suspect him more or atleast think he is very incompassionate. Why would you do that? That is the police's job, if they need information from the public or are wanting to dismiss a suspect they the should do it. They should not ask people that have just lost a loved one to do this.

Put yourself in raven's shoes. Now imagine that he is innocent (which he is ATM, remember it is america). If I was raven I would say f__k whatever the public thinks. Most of the public assume what they want anyway. Only .0000001% of the public are involved with this case or have information about it. I would just make sure the police have all the information they need and say screw the rest of you. Its Raven's, the families' involved, and the polices' business and that is it. You don't think that the families involved and raven want justice? Come on now. All they need to do is help the police with whatever information they request. And don't forget they have lost a loved one in a horrible way, which most of us cannot even phatom. Some of you cry and feel bad about this, but it is a billion times worse for the families. Yet you are speculating on stuff that you would do in their situation.

Note this wasn't aimed at everyone on this site just a few.Some of you guys provide a great service to the crime fighting world, I would imagine. Some of the others amaze me, I'm done with this site until anymore information is released.
Thank you Jager. Well said.

Rooster said:
He loved Janet very much! He would NOT murder the mother of his child. Or anyone else. You all think you know him but you don't!
Hi Rooster,

If Raven truly loved Janet very much, why are there so many reports from people who knew both Janet and Raven about Raven having several affairs and being unfaithful to her, to the point where they had separated and he even commented online that he was going through a divorce??

Moxie

Rooster said:

:waitasec: So then did Raven tell you that his laptop was stolen?
Did he indicate if anything else was taken?

Moxie said:
Hi Rooster,

If Raven truly loved Janet very much, why are there so many reports from people who knew both Janet and Raven about Raven having several affairs and being unfaithful to her, to the point where they had separated and he even commented online that he was going through a divorce??

Moxie
They were seperated but, apparently they loved each other enough to stay together. They never actually got a divorce.

I'm not sure but, I think the affairs were durring the seperation.

Rooster said:
They were seperated but, apparently they loved each other enough to stay together. They never actually got a divorce.

I'm not sure but, I think the affairs were durring the seperation.
Hi Rooster,

My understanding, after going through a month's worth of postings and information, was that Raven had affairs throughout the marriage, Janet found out, and that led to the separation. So please, please, help all of us understand how Raven truly loved Janet if he was so chronically unfaithful to her, and his adultery has been documented by people who knew both he and Janet.

Moxie

Rooster said:
it's hard to really know him when no one who does know him will tell us anything substantial. additionally, all we have to go on are his musings on the net.

I'd love to know the real Raven and it's even better if he is innocent. Perhaps he is a great guy.

I'm most interested though in finding justice for Janet, regardless of whether or not I knew her. I feel the same for other victims of crime across the country and around the world.

I'm here to learn more about Janet and her life and I pray for her family and friends and son who will never know his mom.

That's what I most care about.

Rooster said:

The best single thing we have are his words and his known actions.
We also have what has been reported about his known criminal activity.
Again, I repeat, Raven is Raven's worst enemy.

We have a statement from the landlord about what dire straits the couple was in financially.
We have a statement reported in the news from Janet's sister. We have a search warrant affadavit and a search inventory list.
We know that he has misrepresented many aspects of his life because of the need to be best, first, and the center of attention.

It is relevant that he was able to ship so much merchandise to different individuals, because his FB shows that the buyers were mostly different people. Raven is not, in my opinion, organized enough to have worked at a job during the week ( while stealing from them at the same time) and be the one who was processing the eBay sales.

I don't know if you sell on eBay but I can tell you that it is VERY easy to become overwhelmed with the orders even when the seller is a very organized person with oodles of time to devote to the boxing and shipping of items. It takes about an hour to wrap, box, address and print a shipping label for 9-10 packages. It would take longer if the items were shipped from the USPS because one has to drive there, stand in line, have items weighed, etc...
Multiply that one hour by the number of sales we KNOW he has from the eBay stats and it's obvious that he was not the only one involved in the embezzlement activity. A person who knowingly participates in fraud and theft is just as guilty as the one who took it from the warehouse.

I have questions about who helped him do the selling and shipping of the soccer gear, because if that person was loyal and organized enough to get the orders out and satisfy almost every single customer, then that person is a person of interest to me in Janet's death.

Once a person commits multiple felonious crimes for someone they care about or are profitting from persoally, they have breached a moral line of sorts. It is not a huge leap , in my opinion, to say that this same person might be the person who murdered Janet for their own purposes or who helped with some aspect of the crimescene out of devotion to Raven.

I know, as I live and breathe, that this man did not handle the eBay transactions alone. In fact, he probably only supplied the merchandise for photos, or used the same photo over and again, with the same copy. It is entirely possible to list in bulk with several programs eBay has and others outside eBay.
It takes a huge amount of organization and time to process the amount of orders which were sold on eBay.

Where is Raven's accomplice in the embezzlement fraud ( the sale of stolen merchandise on eBay) and why are they not being charged? Is Raven protecting someone? I think he is and I would like to know who and WHY.
I think the answer to this is a huge missing piece of the puzzle.
Everything dovetails into something else. Every piece fits, just like the jigsaw puzzles Raven said Janet enjoyed playing.

Thinkoflaura said:
The best single thing we have are his words and his known actions.
We also have what has been reported about his known criminal activity.
Again, I repeat, Raven is Raven's worst enemy.

We have a statement from the landlord about what dire straits the couple was in financially.
We have a statement reported in the news from Janet's sister. We have a search warrant affadavit and a search inventory list.
We know that he has misrepresented many aspects of his life because of the need to be best, first, and the center of attention.

It is relevant that he was able to ship so much merchandise to different individuals, because his FB shows that the buyers were mostly different people. Raven is not, in my opinion, organized enough to have worked at a job during the week ( while stealing from them at the same time) and be the one who was processing the eBay sales.

I don't know if you sell on eBay but I can tell you that it is VERY easy to become overwhelmed with the orders even when the seller is a very organized person with oodles of time to devote to the boxing and shipping of items. It takes about an hour to wrap, box, address and print a shipping label for 9-10 packages. It would take longer if the items were shipped from the USPS because one has to drive there, stand in line, have items weighed, etc...
Multiply that one hour by the number of sales we KNOW he has from the eBay stats and it's obvious that he was not the only one involved in the embezzlement activity. A person who knowingly participates in fraud and theft is just as guilty as the one who took it from the warehouse.

I have questions about who helped him do the selling and shipping of the soccer gear, because if that person was loyal and organized enough to get the orders out and satisfy almost every single customer, then that person is a person of interest to me in Janet's death.

Once a person commits multiple felonious crimes for someone they care about or are profitting from persoally, they have breached a moral line of sorts. It is not a huge leap , in my opinion, to say that this same person might be the person who murdered Janet for their own purposes or who helped with some aspect of the crimescene out of devotion to Raven.

I know, as I live and breathe, that this man did not handle the eBay transactions alone. In fact, he probably only supplied the merchandise for photos, or used the same photo over and again, with the same copy. It is entirely possible to list in bulk with several programs eBay has and others outside eBay.
It takes a huge amount of organization and time to process the amount of orders which were sold on eBay.

Where is Raven's accomplice in the embezzlement fraud ( the sale of stolen merchandise on eBay) and why are they not being charged? Is Raven protecting someone? I think he is and I would like to know who and WHY.
I think the answer to this is a huge missing piece of the puzzle.
Everything dovetails into something else. Every piece fits, just like the jigsaw puzzles Raven said Janet enjoyed playing.
I've read all this stuff over and over again for the last month and a half.
He stole from his employer. That dosn't make him a murderer.

Rooster said:

We know and SP lying and having affairs didn't make him a murderer either.

He loved Janet very much!
Did he?

From a page on the old version of ravenstree.com titled "The Couple."

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Janet and I met on August 17, 1998. It was in the Main Hall of Southern Virginia College where I (Raven) made the move that would change my life forever.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]What I saw was a beautiful girl who was obviously not happy to be at this school. As she walked stubbornly in front of her family, I introduced myself to her little brother, welcoming him to the school. After a few laughs her parents said that "she" (pointing to Janet) is the new student. We talked for a little bit, the rest of my friends introduced her to the team, and only two days later we were watching the sun go down together, for the first time...

[/font]
Well, yeah -- that sounds like love.

From the current version of the website, the page titled "My Life":

Janet and I met in unique circumstances. Our journey can be fast forwarded to North Carolina. Here we are pleased to welcome the birth of our first child:

That page was updated shortly before noon on April 25th, 2005. The day before Janet's murder.

My Life sounds like "Janet who?"

If a man truly loves his wife, why does she almost completely disappear from his online representations of himself over the course of 4 years? Where is Janet's Place on the new ravenstree.com?

Being selfish is not a crime. Being self-absorbed and vain are not crimes. If they were, I'd be in prison myself. But sometimes when viewed within a larger context these qualities in certain people start to indicate something much more sinister beneath the surface. Some narcissists are just narcissists. Others are psychopaths.

Raven has neither been accused by law enforcement nor have they said he is not a person of interest. They did make it a point to say the crime was not random.

That means someone made it a point to eliminate Janet from Raven and Kaiden's life.

That's what matters. If a representative from the Durham PD says in a press release or an interview that Raven is not a person of interest in his wife's murder, then I will reconsider what I think happened to her.

But they haven't done that yet.

And I will be very surprised if they ever do.

Mr. A.

Go Mr. A I completely agree with you! You Rock!:innocent:

Rooster said:
Yeah, I just realized it has been almost a month and a half already since Janet was murdered.
Wow, how time flies.

I do agree that stealing doesn't make him a murderer ... but being a nice person doesn't make a killer innocent either.
I was watching a movie earlier today where a law enforcement official said that the first thing he learned about investigations was that looks can be deceiving and so can someone who seems to be "being nice".

IMHO, once a person crosses the line from truth to lies, from being honest to being a habitual thief, something inside their soul erodes.

I am well acquainted with the LDS and other Christian principle that says those actions which are not of God are of Satan. We either act in goodness or we are controlled by evil forces. Our soul does not live in either hibernation or in a vacuum. Raven was supposed to be a Spirit-filled, chosen LDS temple sealed member of the Priesthood, as I understand it. I also know that the Doctrine and Covenant states that a member of the LDS church, especially a member of the Priesthood, will be held to a higher standard than a non-LDS person. I am not stating it as it is published, because my textbooks do not quote, they summarize. I also do not have a D and C with me.

I don't think a God-filled person would or could steal over and over, and lie and lie for months on end. There was a battle for his soul, and Satan won out.

Once Satan enters a person's soul, I was taught that there is a disintegration of that person's moral fiber, and that the door is opened for more evil ways.
Maybe you didn't learn the same lessons I did, or maybe you are unwilling to see how chronic crime shuts our Heavenly Father out and lets Satan in.

I happen to think that a person who is not walking with God, but is following a totally opposite path is putting himself or herself in jeopardy for more sinful things to be done.
"Thou shalt not kill" is as much a part of the 10 Commandments as " Thou shalt not steal" and " Thou shalt not commit adultery".

Rooster said:
Good point....but what does make someone a murderer of a non random murder? Financial problems? Marriage problems? Afraid of someone testifing against you? Afraid of someone making you look bad? Help me out guys.....

Perhaps there was someone else in Janets life during the seperation? Does "not a random act" HAVE to mean the husband is the one?

Timex said:
Perhaps there was someone else in Janets life during the seperation? Does "not a random act" HAVE to mean the husband is the one?
Oh no, that's what I was trying to come up with.....reasons.....for husband, boyfriend, girlfriend, family member, anybody!

In your opinion (anybody), what makes someone a murderer of a non random murder?

Timex said:

Well, Timex, she was pregnant in January. I think that puts everything in a different perspective, regardless of anything else we know about Janet.

Also, I know no one is perfect, but it appears that no one has had a bad word to say about her. She seems to have been just what we have read about her, a loving wife, mother, daughter, sister and a hard-working woman who had deep roots in her spiritual family as well.

She's the kind of person I would have liked to be around, and I wouldn't say that if I had the feeling that the person was cheating or doing something else clandestine and sleazy. ( since no suspect has been named, I would assume that we are talking about clandestine activities with a person she became close to).

I think she reconciled with Raven because she was unexpectedly pregnant with his baby.. otherwise she would have divorced him. I received a message saying that too.. but I had already decided that she would do whatever she thought was in the best interest of her unborn child. I think she truly and deeply loved Raven and wanted to make a little family with him. Perhaps it was her fatal flaw.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm
Back