Raven is innocent!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Timex said:
No, im not saying I think a "lover" killed her. I honestly dont know who killed her. Raven makes a good POI, but at this point there isnt enough evidence to even warrant an arrest, let alone conviction. When I think about cases like this, I work the opposite way. I try to prove the suspect didnt commit the crime. by doing so, If I cant prove he didnt do it, then chances are good, he did. In otherwords, if I eliminate ALL other possibilites, then I am left with only one possibility. I dont like having "tunnel vision", as it leaves me open to interpreting things in only one light.

I see your point. You are being fair and objective. I've tried to think of a situation in which a stranger would have motivation to commit this murder with a baby in the house left unharmed. Maybe cases like the Blagg case, the Hacking case and the Peterson case have somehow given me the subconscious message that when no motive is evident, look to the residents of the home. Actually, profilers tell us this too, and apparently Raven's actions post crime back up the profilers' statements that the one who killed does not want to be the one who "finds the body" or when possible, who calls 911 to report the crime.

Our poll bears out the fact that the majority of people who have cast a vote think Raven killed her.
I have applied the principles of Occam's Razor as well. I still come back to Raven.

sorry, never been to Ravens site, so Im a bit confused.

Just me personally, but I am very slow to analyze and form conclusions. I like to ponder every single avenue available for a long time. I've finished my analysis and written my report.

I think Raven killed Janet.

It's just my :twocents: ... and if I'm wrong, I'm wrong and I'll publicly apologize to the board.

Sounds right on to me!

Thinkoflaura said:
IMHO, once a person crosses the line from truth to lies, from being honest to being a habitual thief, something inside their soul erodes.

I am well acquainted with the LDS and other Christian principle that says those actions which are not of God are of Satan. We either act in goodness or we are controlled by evil forces. Our soul does not live in either hibernation or in a vacuum. Raven was supposed to be a Spirit-filled, chosen LDS temple sealed member of the Priesthood, as I understand it. I also know that the Doctrine and Covenant states that a member of the LDS church, especially a member of the Priesthood, will be held to a higher standard than a non-LDS person. I am not stating it as it is published, because my textbooks do not quote, they summarize. I also do not have a D and C with me.

I don't think a God-filled person would or could steal over and over, and lie and lie for months on end. There was a battle for his soul, and Satan won out.

Once Satan enters a person's soul, I was taught that there is a disintegration of that person's moral fiber, and that the door is opened for more evil ways.
Maybe you didn't learn the same lessons I did, or maybe you are unwilling to see how chronic crime shuts our Heavenly Father out and lets Satan in.

I happen to think that a person who is not walking with God, but is following a totally opposite path is putting himself or herself in jeopardy for more sinful things to be done.
"Thou shalt not kill" is as much a part of the 10 Commandments as " Thou shalt not steal" and " Thou shalt not commit adultery".

NCBanker said:
Sounds right on to me!

Sounds right to me too!

That's why the "it was only $9K" comment bothered me so badly ... I don't care if it was 9 pennies. Once you open yourself up to sin and justify it, it won't be long before you are on the slippery slope to you know where!

Well even more than that, the fact that he was committing adultery opens him up to all kinds of new temptations from the dark side.

golfmom said:
Sounds right to me too!

That's why the "it was only $9K" comment bothered me so badly ... I don't care if it was 9 pennies. Once you open yourself up to sin and justify it, it won't be long before you are on the slippery slope to you know where!

NCBanker said:
Well even more than that, the fact that he was committing adultery opens him up to all kinds of new temptations from the dark side.
This is just my opinion, but comparing the pictures of Raven whe he was first married (and those resemble the Raven that I knew), and looking at the pictures of him recently--like the one with him and Kaiden on his lap, somthing has changed in him. Now call me crazy, but I think that his countenance has changed. Same thing happened with Mark Hacking and Scott Peterson. Once decent looking, clean cut men, but their more recent pictures look as if there is just more darkness in them. Like once they start comtemplating a crime like this their looks change. This is just my ramblings--ignore them if you'd like.

BTW, NCBanker--did you see Star Wars this weekend? :D Just wondering with your talk of the dark side.

Jenifred said:
This is just my opinion, but comparing the pictures of Raven whe he was first married (and those resemble the Raven that I knew), and looking at the pictures of him recently--like the one with him and Kaiden on his lap, somthing has changed in him. Now call me crazy, but I think that his countenance has changed. Same thing happened with Mark Hacking and Scott Peterson. Once decent looking, clean cut men, but their more recent pictures look as if there is just more darkness in them. Like once they start comtemplating a crime like this their looks change. This is just my ramblings--ignore them if you'd like.

That's the sense I have as well. It's like he even started mocking the baby in the photos. Did you notice that? Look really carefully at both faces, especially the " We want our mommy" photo and the one where he is holding Kaiden outside on the front porch and the commentary is about a hike, then a soccer game. If the baby had a wide eyed, open mouthed expression, then Raven mimicked it. If Kaiden was crying, Raven had his face all mushed up into a baby cry face.
I didn't see kindness and fatherly love in those photos, I saw a cruel playacting.. but I don't know why.

NCBanker said:

That's what I was taught and what I believe to be true in my heart as well, NC Banker. Thank you for your understanding of what I was trying to say. :)

Janet loved being at svu. She was on a great soccer team, surrounded with many friends and teammates and people of her faith. She loved being at the University. She was happy. I know because I knew her...I also attended SVU. She had a hard time yes because Raven was gone, but any woman would have a hard time being in the first few years of married life with their husband gone all the time. I don't want to believe that Raven would commit this crime and either would Janets other friends...but...it seems with all people have gathered that he probably did. It is sad...all I want is for the truth to be found out and for Janet to be finally given justice and for her not to be ever forgotten.

tiffany said:
She had a hard time yes because Raven was gone, but any woman would have a hard time being in the first few years of married life with their husband gone all the time.
How long were they apart for? Were they apart the whole time after she enrolled in school again?

The photo of Raven and Kaiden at the desk on ravenstree.com, posted on 4/25/04 (I think), show him sitting in front of a desktop computer. You can see the keyboard separate from the monitor.

Thinkoflaura said:
That's the sense I have as well. It's like he even started mocking the baby in the photos. Did you notice that? Look really carefully at both faces, especially the " We want our mommy" photo and the one where he is holding Kaiden outside on the front porch and the commentary is about a hike, then a soccer game. If the baby had a wide eyed, open mouthed expression, then Raven mimicked it. If Kaiden was crying, Raven had his face all mushed up into a baby cry face.
I didn't see kindness and fatherly love in those photos, I saw a cruel playacting.. but I don't know why.
To me, Raven looks immature in the photos where he seems to be imitating the baby. I'm embarrassed for him and want to run out of the room so I don't have to see them.:eek:

No - it just seemed like a dramatic thing to say.:crazy:

Jenifred said:

BTW, NCBanker--did you see Star Wars this weekend? :D Just wondering with your talk of the dark side.

Hummingbird said:
The photo of Raven and Kaiden at the desk on ravenstree.com, posted on 4/25/04 (I think), show him sitting in front of a desktop computer. You can see the keyboard separate from the monitor.
I thought I remembered seeing a desktop but wasn't sure. Thanks, Hummingbird. :)

And welcome, welcome, welcome!!! I'm always happy to "see a new face". :)

Jenifred said:

Okay.....CRAZY!

JerseyGirl said:
I'm starting to think that we all are ... look what time it is, and we're here posting!!! :)

This is my time ... LOL
Everyone's sleeping, I have my coffee and here I am!

JG, I've been thinking about the donation to Janet's memory in UT, do you think it had to be listed that way because ...

1. If it was in Kaiden's name Raven would be accountable to spend the money for Kaiden's benefit?

2. If it's in Janet's name, Raven the surviving spouse has discretion to spend it however he wishes?

golfmom said:
JG, I've been thinking about the donation to Janet's memory in UT, do you think it had to be listed that way because ...

1. If it was in Kaiden's name Raven would be accountable to spend the money for Kaiden's benefit?

2. If it's in Janet's name, Raven the surviving spouse has discretion to spend it however he wishes?
I'm actually very concerned about that fund. I've only personally experienced one trust fund situation that was in a child's name. The parents were divorced when the mother died. The father got custody of the child, along with quite a large insurance pay-out that was put into trust for the child. Even with the substantial amount that was in the trust fund, the father had to go to court to ask to use enough of the money to buy a house for him & his child to live in. He had been living in a small condo alone, and wanted a place for his little one to play, and begin to rebuild her life. It was quite a task but was eventually successful.

So your statement seems to me to be correct, (unless that varies from place to place). I would think that the money would be much harder to spend, (if not impossible), if it were in Kaiden's name.

Again, does anyone know who put together the funeral or this trust fund in Utah?

JerseyGirl said:
I'm actually very concerned about that fund. I've only personally experienced one trust fund situation that was in a child's name. The parents were divorced when the mother died. The father got custody of the child, along with quite a large insurance pay-out that was put into trust for the child. Even with the substantial amount that was in the trust fund, the father had to go to court to ask to use enough of the money to buy a house for him & his child to live in. He had been living in a small condo alone, and wanted a place for his little one to play, and begin to rebuild her life. It was quite a task but was eventually successful.

So your statement seems to me to be correct, (unless that varies from place to place). I would think that the money would be much harder to spend, (if not impossible), if it were in Kaiden's name.

Again, does anyone know who put together the funeral or this trust fund in Utah?

Again I have no direct or indirect knowledge and I am just speculating since I've never had any experience with a trust fund. But it seems that Janet's family took care of her funeral. They don't appear to be asking for ANY money, but are asking those who are interested in donating in Janet's memory to a scholarship established in her name.

The Utah Trust Fund, logically seems to have been established through Raven's step-father. What the plans are for that money is a mystery. I honestly don't think it's appropriate for there to be a fund under these circumstances unless both parents died or were substantially disabled.

JMHO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmileyKazza
Back