Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. Yes, I know the OP stated it was his/her theory--but every theory must have some facts embedded in it, and the two statements that I bolded were presented as fact, it seemed to me.

Next thing you know those things will be repeated as fact and become fact in people's minds, just like the "fact" that the loud music was heard around 1:00 a.m.

I have asked on these threads, no one in particular, where the 1:00 a.m. time came from and no one seems to know, and I can't find a source, but it is now repeated as fact in everyone's speculations.

This kind of thing makes it so confusing to separate fact from rumor, especially in light of the dearth of official information.

I find it very frustrating.

:twocents:

It is frustrating...starting a case with 1 thread can cause much problems with accessing info...no links thread, no theory thread, no threads on individual players....etc.....and keeping it straight??

I have no idea when that music was playing, and I've seen no link SAYING its 1 am...gotta go through many videos, I think...older videos, before the PR team was hired, might give us more info. I share in your frustration...even worse, I gotta give up this laptop, now. :(

Speculation, yes, scorekeeper, but that came from his Mother...it was in the accusations that flew back and forth...and special needs? Unless I've missed something, as far as I've seen, THAT'S more speculative than anything; I've seen no indication of that. I volunteer and donate to the Cancer Society...but I don't have cancer, and, no one in my family currently does (knock on wood, God willing, and all that).

No one should get ANGRY about a child wetting a bed...as if that helps anything, and if true...imo, he's a nut.

From what I have read Jonah has been donating to these type of charities way before Maxie was even born.

I haven't seen anything that makes me believe Maxie was anything but a bright vibrant little boy.

IMO

http://www.10news.com/news/28534601/detail.html

- Police officers responding to a report of a possible death
shortly before 7 a.m. Wednesday found a woman in "distress"
at the 27-room manor, according to the San Diego County Sheriff's Department...and called in paramedics to administer aid
The police were responding to a death! Why would they call in medics?
* I don't know sounds lke she may have had a pulse. Why would they have brought the cervical collar if she was dead? :banghead:

Remember her trainer said she was a fighter!

Just an FYI, it is standard for police and medics to both be dispatched in cases like this one. Generally speaking, if there was obvious signs of death (decomposition, rigor) then medics could be cancelled by LE prior to arrival. Police officers in California generally receive basic first aid and don't have the
authority or training to pronounce someone deceased, again unless it is real obvious. Even in cases, such as hangings, where it is somewhat obvious, medics have the equipment to determine that the individual is deceased. Given what LITTLE facts we have (GRRRR) CPD officers could have been covering their butts, by calling medics. But on the flip side why would they want more people in the crime scene than necessary??:banghead::banghead:

I have been listening to radioreference archives for july 13..the call was dispatched by heartland fire (I guess this covers this area) and dispatch sent recue 36 and medic 36 to 1043 ocean.this was atapprox 6:45am. A 30 year old female hanging. that is all that was said. Am still listening ..police archives ..cant retreive. Radioreference is the best about working with police dept...wont impede an investigation. I am sure radioreference took these off line when police would not release 911 call.

Each county is different about who calls death. Police arrived at this scene first..then fire. Had rebecca still been warm she would have been transported.

I'm so sorry. I was just putting the facts that we know together. No intention to implicate anyone. Lord knows there is a lot more info to come at some point. Sleuthing only. I said (not word by word) a pretend injury....act, that backfired, no different than asking a teenager to take your young child to the park while you rest for 30 min and a car hitting them along the way. I didn't mean to imply there was any knowledge of anything sinister.- thinking motive means and opportunity.
I said it was a crazy theory... mods can remove it if unappropriate.:innocent:
I wasn't trying to be mean.

I haven't seen that on here ... but many of us started to wonder if she was hanging by her neck. So, maybe she was not hanging by her neck, not a noose but she was hogtied as one of the mods first brought up. UGH

I am just catching up here.

BBM: She may have been hanging by her feet. There seems to be a very dark 'pooling' around her neck. Just JMO, though, but it was the first impression I had gotten and had also posted about maybe having been hogtied due to the bend in her legs. There could have been someone on the balcony controling how Rebecca fell.

I am leaning more toward DS and an attempt to frame JS. She seems to have the ability to feel rage toward Rebecca as much as jealousy, IMO.

MOO & all

We need news!

Thank you. Yes, I know the OP stated it was his/her theory--but every theory must have some facts embedded in it, and the two statements that I bolded were presented as fact, it seemed to me.

Next thing you know those things will be repeated as fact and become fact in people's minds, just like the "fact" that the loud music was heard around 1:00 a.m.

I have asked on these threads, no one in particular, where the 1:00 a.m. time came from and no one seems to know, and I can't find a source, but it is now repeated as fact in everyone's speculations.

This kind of thing makes it so confusing to separate fact from rumor, especially in light of the dearth of official information.

I understand your post 100%. As for the music, iirc, it was very early after Rebecca's death some media printed that a neighbour had heard loud music, but it has never been confirmed to be true, or that it came from this house. I remember during the press conf. a reporter asked about the rumour that their was a party, and the police said they have not heard from any credible witnesses, that there was a party at that house that night. IMO...I think at this time, it's all rumour. Sorry I don't have a link...lol.

I have been listening to radioreference archives for july 13..the call was dispatched by heartland fire (I guess this covers this area) and dispatch sent recue 36 and medic 36 to 1043 ocean.this was atapprox 6:45am. A 30 year old female hanging. that is all that was said. Am still listening ..police archives ..cant retreive. Radioreference is the best about working with police dept...wont impede an investigation. I am sure radioreference took these off line when police would not release 911 call.

Each county is different about who calls death. Police arrived at this scene first..then fire. Had rebecca still been warm she would have been transported.
:fence:

Absolutely!!

Where is the original story about bedwetting, does anyone have a link?

Thank-you, I'm wondering too.

Dina also submitted a two-page letter, describing Jonah as temperamental. She said the incident began over a disagreement with their child’s soiled bedding and that Jonah cursed at her in front of their child.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4381708...o_ca/t/details-shed-shacknais-second-divorce/

might not have been "bedwetting" per se soiled?... maybe he was sick?

Izzy..I completely agree. I love websleuths because we keep it closer to the truth while still speculating..we sleuth. And I agree it can get to me too. So we dont know if the OP has personal experience with this family or just has gathered really bad data. When someone posts something on another website..or if they comment to a story. ..I do not take them as factual and I do get offended if they repeat the carp here.

Just the facts Watson..ok and a LITTLE speculation. To say that RN was known for being this or that is attacking the victim..and for me a NO NO.

Lets keep Websleuth the beautiful place that the mods and fearless leaders with RayGuns have created here. I personally love it. And I agree with Ya IZZY. :twocents::twocents:

Speculation, yes, scorekeeper, but that came from his Mother...it was in the accusations that flew back and forth...and special needs? Unless I've missed something, as far as I've seen, THAT'S more speculative than anything; I've seen no indication of that. I volunteer and donate to the Cancer Society...but I don't have cancer, and, no one in my family currently does (knock on wood, God willing, and all that).

No one should get ANGRY about a child wetting a bed...as if that helps anything, and if true...imo, he's a nut.

Unfortunately my mom got very angry about bed wetting. My mom's sister was single, we're talking 1963ish, my parents would take care of my cousin in the summer, and she was a bed-wetter, she was six, I was 3. My mom was angry about getting my cousin up in the night, I remember being woken up. During the day, my mom would reward me with M&Ms (I was never a bed wetter, I guess I went through potty training well), but if my C wet the bed, no m&Ms for her. My mom would pit me against my cousin...a 3 y.o. was to pick out so many M&Ms to a 6 y.o., and yes I picked out the ugly brown M&Ms, being a 3 y.o. and liking bright colors. My mom, my aunt, and my cousin are still holding it over my head, 45+ years later, (my cousin has been dx'd paranoid/schizophrenic).

So, in my case, I have no patience with arguments over bed wetting. NONE!

Dina also submitted a two-page letter, describing Jonah as temperamental. She said the incident began over a disagreement with their child’s soiled bedding and that Jonah cursed at her in front of their child.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4381708...o_ca/t/details-shed-shacknais-second-divorce/

might not have been "bedwetting" per se soiled?... maybe he was sick?

It sure seemed to be tit for tat with these two.

I think they both tried to cover their butts when they got into it ......always blaming the other one and proclaiming they were the victim.

He “physically intimidated” her, she wrote, by “coming very close to (her), ‘nose to nose,’” and continuing to insult and threaten" her with name-calling in a “menacing tone.” She added that her attempts to keep an arm’s distance from Jonah during the incident resulted in her hand moving from his chest to his throat.

BBM
I don't believe the bolded part. I think in anger she grabbed him by the throat and neither one was really fearful of the other one.

IMO

That same night, a neighbor reportedly heard loud music coming from the mansion. Sergeant Frank wouldn’t comment on the report, adding only that “sometimes it comes down to perception.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...d-rebecca-nalepa-son-max-die-within-days.html

But today a source close to Mr Shacknai told Radar: 'There was absolutely no party whatsoever, period.
'A neighbour might have heard loud music, but that was the extent of it. No party.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Zahau-distraught-day-died.html#ixzz1TRveilOn

Not sure where the time (1 am) came from but do remember discussing it.

I have listened to all police archived dispatch tapes for the evening of july 12 and early morning of july 13. There are no dispatch police calls about loud music or a party in the 1000 block of Ocean. So it is just a rumor..that either a neighbor stated or someone decided to makeup in the media.

I am not saying there was not loud music..but none was reported to the police and dispatched.

The more I read the more I am actually thinking she wasn't "hanging" by her neck. I think that was the assumption because they wouldn't say "suicide or murder"...so the assumption was she was hanging by her neck...

I went back to a lot of the old links on these pages, and saw some raw footage from the interview with Tim Curran that I found on Youtube...plus a few other TV news shows... nobody said she was found "hanging by her neck"... just "hanging"...

No doubt there was rope tied to her feet...they said they were "bound" but I believe they were clear that they were not tied together.... and her hands were tied behind her back....

I think the 911 tape might state she was hanging by her feet... and I bet we find out that AS pulled the table over to cut her down....because someone hung her feet first from the balcony..naked...with her hands bound behind her....

Someone was trying to make a point here....an angry point. To kill her and then display her naked body. Sounds personal to me.......

I can see having a fight starting with the bed wetting. When my kids went through that stage, it could get pretty tiring to have a kid wake in the middle of the night and need sheets changed. Maybe DS said something like "why don't you take a turn doing this? Why do I always have to do it?" and JS reacted angrily. Granted fighting and swearing at each other in front of the kid, who then might feel like it was his fault, is completely inappropriate.

More children are abused and some even murdered over bed wetting than any other reason. It's a very sad fact.

She was hanging by her neck.
"Jonah Shacknai's brother, Adam, told investigators he found Nalepa hanging from her neck from a balcony, her arms and feet tied. He then cut her down in hopes she was still alive."
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...probing-womans-death-at-coronado-mansion.html

I read that in a number of articles...but I was was wondering if anyone has a link to the whole news conference that Tim Curran made to the press. All I can find is bits and pieces...

I have found some news reports that say "hanging" and then some say the brother said she was hanging by the neck....

Also some reports say feet were bound together...some say they were bound but not together....

Anyone notice this odd coincidence?
http://poway.patch.com/articles/memorial-held-for-sdpd-detectives-daughter-and-new-spreckles-drama

The longtime SDPD chief of child abuse cases and her own daughter were found murdered a few days ago -- in circumstances eerily similar to the Shacknai case. She might have been involved in the determination of Max's cause of death, depending on when the Coronado police turned the case over to the San Diego PD.

BBM - Please explain "odd coincidence"?

TIA

I read that in a number of articles...but I was was wondering if anyone has a link to the whole news conference that Tim Curran made to the press. All I can find is bits and pieces...

I have found some news reports that say "hanging" and then some say the brother said she was hanging by the neck....

Also some reports say feet were bound together...some say they were bound but not together....

Is this the news conference you're thinking about sargenet?

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15075598/...oCatNo=default&clipId=6051226&redirected=true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member