Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Separately, the Coronado Police Department is investigating the death of 6-year-old Max Shacknai, the son of the owner. The boy fell down the stairs at the mansion on July 11 and was rushed to Rady Children's Hospital in San Diego, where he died July 17.

The Coronado police have tentatively labeled the boy's death accidental. Investigators have said they have found no connection between the two deaths.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...probing-womans-death-at-coronado-mansion.html

LE began looking more closely at MS AFTER RN was found.

I believe if RN had not been killed (my thoughts) LE would have not investigated MS's "accident" any further because they had initially said it was a tragic accident.

http://coronado.patch.com/articles/autopsy-to-be-conducted-on-jonah-shacknais-son

July 18/2011.

Autopsy to Be Conducted on Jonah Shacknai's Son

--snipped---

Police say that is routine, though they also will take a closer look at the death of the 6-year-old boy.

Coronado police are handling the investigation into the boy's fall, while they called in a San Diego County Sheriff's Department homicide unit to examine Zahau's death.

Scanlon and sheriffs detectives have maintained Monday's and Wednesday's incidents are not connected.

( Police spokeswoman Lea ) Corbin said that the police continue to approach the boy's July 11 fall as an accident, but are taking another look because of Zahau's death.

I'm betting the "accident" theory was based totally on the statement made to police by Zahau.

It was deemed a tragic accident initially.

On Monday, Max fell down the stairs at the historic Spreckels mansion in Coronado in what police called a tragic accident. He was not breathing and did not have a pulse when paramedics found him

Source: Family Mourns Boy Injured in Fall at Mansion | NBC San Diego

Thank you!

..my comments in blue.

..please explain what you mean by 'said and done'----when this case is over? if so------why would it matter THEN what you see in the images NOW?
In regards to what AS said regarding finding RN hanging and cut her down that is what AS told responding officers. If you go further into the press conference video during the reporters questions to Captain Curran about the 911 call this is what he says. "That there was a woman on the property and that she appeared to be dead".

I see some debate on Max's investigation and when it started, and whether Rebecca was under threat of that...these links say no:
On Sunday afternoon, Coronado police said they had no information about the boy's death, and the San Diego Sheriff's Department said it had no plans to investigate Max's death because so far, it had only been asked to investigate Zahau's death."

Coronado police spokeswoman, Leah Corbin, said there appeared to be no connection between the boy's fall and Zahau's death. "It just seems to be a tragic accident," she said.
Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/business/a...ld-dies-from-injuries-0717.html#ixzz1TjNRFCz1

Separately, the Coronado Police Department is investigating the death of 6-year-old Max Shacknai, the son of the owner. The boy fell down the stairs at the mansion on July 11 and was rushed to Rady Children's Hospital in San Diego, where he died July 17.

The Coronado police have tentatively labeled the boy's death accidental. Investigators have said they have found no connection between the two deaths.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...probing-womans-death-at-coronado-mansion.html

LE began looking more closely at MS AFTER RN was found.

I believe if RN had not been killed (my thoughts) LE would have not investigated MS's "accident" any further because they had initially said it was a tragic accident.

If RN was the only other person present when Max's injury occurred, it will be impossible to determine for certain if his death was an accident or not, imo. But it not being an accident is the only reason I can see for RN committing suicide.

A fall down carpeted steps that results in death is a mighty suspicious "accident."

Initially cops hadn't done an investigation and the child was still alive so what else would you expect them to say publicly?

If they had any reason for suspicion, the statement might have been..

a 6 year old was found at bottom of stairs not breathing. LE is investing the suspicious circumstances surrounding his condition.....speculation

In all fairness, look at how we respond when it's regurgitation of what's already been reported on. :) (me too in this response!! It's aggravating...but if they don't have anything new to report what are they supposed to write about?) I rather appreciate they can't get unnamed sources in the department leaking information.

I'd rather let the forums and blogs speculate, let the press report. I'm not saying connections don't help of course they do - but I can only think of one suicide that I'm pretty sure was murder, and the political connections of the white house helped cover it up. Ok, maybe two if we consider Marilyn Monroe.

Skakel comes to mind for me rather than JFK...;) Justice served, imo...albeit cold. ;)

If RN was the only other person present when Max's injury occurred, it will be impossible to determine for certain if his death was an accident or not, imo. But it not being an accident is the only reason I can see for RN committing suicide.

A fall down carpeted steps that results in death is a mighty suspicious "accident."
If being the key word, except RN was not the only person present at the time of the accident.

If they had any reason for suspicion, the statement might have been..

a 6 year old was found at bottom of stairs not breathing. LE is investing the suspicious circumstances surrounding his condition.....speculation

a healthy 6 year-old not breathing is suspicious. Doesn't matter where he was found, imo.

If being the key word, except RN was not the only person present at the time of the accident.

I wasn't aware there were witnesses. Is there a link I could read up more about it? Thanks.

..my comments in blue.

..please explain what you mean by 'said and done'----when this case is over? if so------why would it matter THEN what you see in the images NOW?

waiting for an answer to this question with bated breath...might even skip the banana cream pie to stay in here to keeping checking for an answer, lol...;)

But RN wasn't the only one home. There was a 13 year female there also.

http://coronado.patch.com/articles/autopsy-to-be-conducted-on-jonah-shacknais-son

July 18/2011.

Autopsy to Be Conducted on Jonah Shacknai's Son

--snipped---

Police say that is routine, though they also will take a closer look at the death of the 6-year-old boy.

Coronado police are handling the investigation into the boy's fall, while they called in a San Diego County Sheriff's Department homicide unit to examine Zahau's death.

Scanlon and sheriffs detectives have maintained Monday's and Wednesday's incidents are not connected.

( Police spokeswoman Lea ) Corbin said that the police continue to approach the boy's July 11 fall as an accident, but are taking another look because of Zahau's death.

Exactly. Police weren't at all suspicious when Max died. The only reason they are investigating his death further is because of suspicious death of RN.

a healthy 6 year-old not breathing is suspicious. Doesn't matter where he was found, imo.

I wasn't aware there were witnesses. Is there a link I could read up more about it? Thanks.

MyBelle,

This is Thread #4. A lot of information has been posted since Thread #1.

You may want to check out the fox or cbs sites for san diego. Also,

http://coronado.patch.com/ has stories.

Welcome to WS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads