Not open for further replies.
Oceanblueeyes,

How was the :cake: vacation/getaway?

Glad you are back !!

We are still :deadhorse: :pullhair:

score

I'm :eek:fftobed:

score

1.) AS said when he called 911 that she was hanging. if police can prove there was no hanging then there is a contradiction, and this is a big one.

2.) its pretty obvious the blue thingy on the neck is some type of cloth probably a shawl as mentioned. in any case this blue cloth thingy is another possible murder weapon.

3.) other possibilities include that RS was dropped over the balcony or dragged across the floor/dragged across the grass away from the murder area/room.

4.) there is such a thing as an interior versus exterior balcony. does this house have both ? although since she was outside, the assumption is she was hanging from the exterior balcony.

5.) one of the biggest reasons against suicide theory - maxie had not died yet.

6.) one of the biggest reasons for the weird/suspicious crime scene - only 2 days to plan the crime resulting in messy planning.

Patch

Regarding your #5, that Max hadn't died yet. I believe by the time Ms Nalepa allegedly committed suicide, the family already knew Max most likely had no brain activity and they were only waiting for confirmation, perhaps, and to donate his organs, letting the recipients and their medical teams time to be put in place.

Just a thought. After all, it was stated from Day 1, that Max had no pulse when the first responders arrived.

JMHO
fran

Patch

Regarding your #5, that Max hadn't died yet. I believe by the time Ms Nalepa allegedly committed suicide, the family already knew Max most likely had no brain activity and they were only waiting for confirmation, perhaps, and to donate his organs, letting the recipients and their medical teams time to be put in place.

Just a thought. After all, it was stated from Day 1, that Max had no pulse when the first responders arrived.

JMHO
fran
I agree, it was known imo from monday that there was a good chance that MS wasn't going to survive, so that fact would then lead to either the suicide or the murder theory.

And you know this case must be the 'Talk of the Town' the last several weeks at parties and coffee houses, lounges, gyms, the beach etc etc. meanwhile not a single local reporter has enough cojones to dig into any of it, or at lewast air some of the scuttle butt. It's kind of a major default of reportorial instincts to shut this thing down like its been done. A virtual gag order from the local rags I guess. You know that if Dom Dunne was around he'd be ripping the bodices off this one right about now. Lily white would-be blue blooded Coronado would be so ripe for his picking. Especially the way the way the local media has laid down so tamely - with no curiosity whatsovere in the the double death almost right beside the doorstep of the Hotel Del Corona do.

This is a case made for Domenic Dunne. He would already have a suite at the Hotel Del Coronado and know all the back stories of the socialites in the area. People would be falling all over themselves to invite Domenic to their cocktail, pool and lawn parties.

Domenic, who would know most of these people already, would charm them and absorb every tidbit of info they would be all to willing to share. He would then retire to his suite and write about the accident of little Max and the gruesome murder of Rebecca. He would spin webs about all the characters and their glamourous lives. He would solve the mystery, write his book, sell millions, and FINALLY, WE WOULD HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS TO THIS MYSTERY.

We miss you Domenic, R.I.P.

This is a case made for Domenic Dunne. He would already have a suite at the Hotel Del Coronado and know all the back stories of the socialites in the area. People would be falling all over themselves to invite Domenic to their cocktail, pool and lawn parties.

Domenic, who would know most of these people already, would charm them and absorb every tidbit of info they would be all to willing to share. He would then retire to his suite and write about the accident of little Max and the gruesome murder of Rebecca. He would spin webs about all the characters and their glamourous lives. He would solve the mystery, write his book, sell millions, and FINALLY, WE WOULD HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS TO THIS MYSTERY.

We miss you Domenic, R.I.P.

He would have enjoyed exposing it too, not just a little......his innate sense of victim's justice and the pursuit of it might have kept LE AND the media on their toes too. The SD press lay-down thus far is really a shame on their repute.

I will disagree for 2 reasons:

1.) we look back at maxie's eventual death because we have hindsight, but if i were in rebecca's shoes, "real" depression(that sinking feeling) shouldn't sink in until maxie is declared "officially dead" by the doctors, unless she was one of those people who gets depressed rather quickly....

2.) Even if my assumption in # 1 is untenable, is 2 days really enough time for one to go into deep depression whose only solution is suicide ? I can understand if Rebecca was unstable or had a gloomy personality to begin with, or does she ?

I agree, it was known imo from monday that there was a good chance that MS wasn't going to survive, so that fact would then lead to either the suicide or the murder theory.

I agree as well that Maxie's condition was known from day 1. Even more so with the parents he had, the head of a pharmaceutical and a psychologist -- these people had true knowledge of what this truly meant for their child.

Nope. Everybody is not "sweetness & light..." Sometimes when somebody lives under somebody else's shadow... a very successful, accomplished sibling... and they are a "ne'er do well..." they may live with a deep-seated resentment and envy. Exascerbate that with the popular sibling being wildly wealthy whilst you live in a ghetto hovel; the sibling not saving and accepting the poorer sibling into his lucky fold (apparently).

And then, the sibling agrees to do something he never would otherwise do. He did a sloppy job too... oh, sorry brother (heh!).

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/docket/FamilyCourtCases/

Well, I know firsthand the powerful effect of greed and how that can interfere between siblings, even parent/child relationships. I've seen successful siblings not take care of the "ne'ever do well..." at least not in the way the latter would want -- lavish home, cars, etc. I have seen deep resentment and what it can do to people. Nonetheless...this does not a criminal make necessarily imo...resentment does not have to equate with criminal behavior. I guess we'll have to wait and see...

I agree with this being appearing to be a sloppy job, and hopefully we will soon find out just how sloppy it was. I hope plenty of DNA evidence is obtained.

If she committed suicide, I can only imagine her desperation at feeling responsible for Maxie's death. I, personally, do not feel she committed suicide.

To all of you who have followed this case from the beginning --

Did JS do any of the following?
-return to the mansion when they discovered the body?
-ever return to the mansion?
-make a public appeal to find the person who committed the crime?
-make any public statement before the one issued recently that did not even mention RN by name?

Yes, I agree, Dunne would have blown this case wide open.

-make any public statement before the one issued recently that did not even mention RN by name?

I have not read that he returned at any point in time. I always found this to be a peculiar thing. If your significant other was found, having died in a "bizzare and violent fashion," I think most people would run back to the house. I think most people would verbally honor the passing of their love - proclaim how much they are missed and what they meant to them. To me complete silence could mean continued resentment, anger ...or stone cold indifference.

To answer your questions and in order:
-Not that we are aware.
-Not that we are aware.
-No.
-I believe that JS’ presence and acceptance by RN’s family at her service was a very powerful, non-verbal, public statement. Others may disagree with this opinion.

This is an eerie calm after a major storm (a very, very suspicious death). It’s as though everyone close to RN is in the know. As though they have been briefed about what is going to happen and they are satisfied with the action that will be taken.

Except for RN’s sister’s statements/opinions back near the time of her memorial service that RN did not commit suicide, there have been no statements of outrage, no demands for justice, just quiet waiting. Everyone seems to be just quietly waiting.

Does anyone think that the delay in information coming from LE is because they are in disagreement as to what conclusion to reach? I know someone posted a similar thought. Is it possible that the ME says the manner of death cannot be determined based on available evidence? If so, that would leave LE in a quandary. I can see how there might be inconclusive findings (provided they are sure that the actual hanging caused her death). When I went back and reread those early sheriff dept press releases, they made multiple mention of "suspicious circumstances".

Does anyone think that the delay in information coming from LE is because they are in disagreement as to what conclusion to reach? I know someone posted a similar thought. Is it possible that the ME says the manner of death cannot be determined based on available evidence? If so, that would leave LE in a quandary. I can see how there might be inconclusive findings (provided they are sure that the actual hanging caused her death). When I went back and reread those early sheriff dept press releases, they made multiple mention of "suspicious circumstances".

I think that's quite possible. Maybe LE just can't figure that one out. For one, we know that the scene was disturbed when the body was allegedly cut down by AS. Also the first responders might have tried "life saving" measures even though I think she was long dead before found. So this scene was disturbed from the start, and we know that is not good for forensic investigation at all.

To answer your questions and in order:
-Not that we are aware.
-Not that we are aware.
-No.
-I believe that JS’ presence and acceptance by RN’s family at her service was a very powerful, non-verbal, public statement. Others may disagree with this opinion.

This is an eerie calm after a major storm (a very, very suspicious death). It’s as though everyone close to RN is in the know. As though they have been briefed about what is going to happen and they are satisfied with the action that will be taken.

Except for RN’s sister’s statements/opinions back near the time of her memorial service that RN did not commit suicide, there have been no statements of outrage, no demands for justice, just quite waiting. Everyone seems to be just quietly waiting.

RBBM

I'm not so sure about how 'accepted' he was, I know he attended and wasn't thrown out...what were their choices? As I recall, there was no picture of Rebecca with JS in that memorial tribute, was there? JS, at this point, is not considered a POI, according to what we've officially been told...as I see it, the family had little choice...what if he IS an innocent victim of this all? How could they throw him out? Personally, I give his attendance little weight.

How suspicious would we all be if he HADN'T attended? I recall much discussion over that possibility, here...and how it may sway us...

I will disagree for 2 reasons:

1.) we look back at maxie's eventual death because we have hindsight, but if i were in rebecca's shoes, "real" depression(that sinking feeling) shouldn't sink in until maxie is declared "officially dead" by the doctors, unless she was one of those people who gets depressed rather quickly....

2.) Even if my assumption in # 1 is untenable, is 2 days really enough time for one to go into deep depression whose only solution is suicide ? I can understand if Rebecca was unstable or had a gloomy personality to begin with, or does she ?

That's what I wonder...from that phone call with her sister and a life all seem to say was fulfilled and joyful, from what I've read, to wrapped in cords, naked and hung, all within 48 hours of Maxies accident (brain death?)...? I am not a doctor but I've had shocking accidents happen and I've had clinical depression; I'm just not so sure the SHOCK of the situation would have even worn off yet, for sadness and depression to sink in deeply enough to take a step as drastic and unchangeable as this...

RBBM

I'm not so sure about how 'accepted' he was, I know he attended and wasn't thrown out...what were their choices? As I recall, there was no picture of Rebecca with JS in that memorial tribute, was there? JS, at this point, is not considered a POI, according to what we've officially been told...as I see it, the family had little choice...what if he IS an innocent victim of this all? How could they throw him out? Personally, I give his attendance little weight.

How suspicious would we all be if he HADN'T attended? I recall much discussion over that possibility, here...and how it may sway us...
It would have been waaayyy more suspicious if he hadn't attended, and I'm not sure how accepted he necessarily was either. The adding to of the message on the memorial site to include JS DS and MS seemed like it was either an after thought or the PR machine working in JS's favor imo

I think the family may very well mean every word in their condolences to the Shacknais in the passing of their son...to me, it doesn't mean they might not have their own suspicion regarding Rebeccas death...her sister has said she feels it was not sucide, so, obviously, I take it to mean she thinks SOMEONE did it. Now, who might SHE suspect...that is something I'd love to be privy to...

The appearance of JS at RN's funeral would be expected. It would be strangely obvious if he did not show up.

But I remember when Laci Peterson first went missing, her parents stood behind their son-in-law Scott Peterson, not knowing at the time that he had put her and their unborn son Connor at the bottom of the San Francisco Bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro