Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In addition to Defense's great photo find which she just reposted, there are also photos posted by Foreigner.

All were originally posted on THREAD #5 Pages 24 and 25:

Defense101 original post:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6998887&postcount=591"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #5[/ame]

The Foreigner made a comparison post here:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6999342&postcount=615"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #5[/ame]

The Foreigner has a still from a current video here:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6999419&postcount=620"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #5[/ame]

As you guys are trying to figure out when AS arrived, I wanted to let you know the above post is inaccurate. Planes, whether corporate, charter, or private, can fly VFR and don't have to file flight plans, name a destination, etc. when flying VFR.

This is interesting. I thought ALL planes had to file a flight plan and a manifest showing who was on board.

What is VFR? Also, do you have a link for this info? I'm not doubting, but I would really like to see the regs because it is so different from everything I have been taught about airplanes.

Thanks!

Salem

This is interesting. I thought ALL planes had to file a flight plan and a manifest showing who was on board.

What is VFR? Also, do you have a link for this info? I'm not doubting, but I would really like to see the regs because it is so different from everything I have been taught about airplanes.

Thanks!

Salem

Hi Salem,
Here is a simple explanation of VFR
http://stoenworks.com/vfr flight.html
Also more at Wikipedia

Not sure if everyone saw this, but I found it pertinent. It is a response from Joel Siegfried to a comment on his article of August 20 at examiner.com

Joel Siegfried · San Diego, California
Thank you for your thoughtful and intelligent comments. I agree with both of your points. While we do not fully understand all the factors that might drive someone to such a desperate act of self destruction, I am also troubled by the method chosen and other elements which don't conform to what we know about Ms. Zahau. It is also reasonable to conclude that persons of wealth and position, often exert an influence on public policy and elected officials. This is a very tragic matter for many families, and has also been widely covered by the financial media, because it may affect shareholders in a publicly traded corporation. I know from the personal emails I receive that many people have a stake in how this incident is resolved.

http://www.examiner.com/news-analys...viewing-hanging-death-of-naked-coronado-woman

I didn't take it as offensive at all. Also, I think all of us are hoping and praying that justice will prevail for Rebecca, and I also believe it to be a murder. That being said, just look at where we are today. Nothing, noda. If this were Joe-Blow we would know everything by now, however, this is beyond our wildest speculations - money-wise and empowerment-wise. It breaks my heart that this is how justice is (not) served. MO

Very glad I did not offend. You know, there is always a different approach when someone involved is powerful or has money and influence. Look at the JonBenet case, OJ Simpson, the Lindberg babies murder, and non murder cases are played out differently when there is wealth involved also, Brittney Spears, Paris Hilton, etc.

Wealth, power and influence 'sell'. There is a difference between the 'haves' and 'have nots'. I agree that justice is merited differently for us 'common folk'.

As for us knowing what occurred, or seeing the outcome, I am fearful that there will not be justice. I hope I am wrong, but the only way I see there being a conviction is if AS is guilty. I think if JS or DS are guilty, there will be a cover up. I of course am speculating, but all in all I just wanted to say that I agree with you 100%.

Wow, lot of stuff going on.............

Oh, that's not a rope in the image. It is the end of the leaves on the palm branch. The aerial view is above the balcony and the braces are obscured but the palm branch is not.

WARNING GRAPHIC IMAGE

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb282/skov_album/Tresunderthebalcony.jpg

It is the branch that is between the two blue lines.

Inobu

But I'm still not sure (the picture on the left) what is the black line above and below the blurred spot?

On the strip below the blurred spot, looks like it might be a knot.....

But then again it could be the balcony support.....

We keep going around in circles.....LOL :skip::skip:

how was that popcorn, think I'll have some....LOL

:popcorn::popcorn:

But I'm still not sure (the picture on the left) what is the black line above and below the blurred spot?

On the strip below the blurred spot, looks like it might be a knot.....

But then again it could be the balcony support.....

We keep going around in circles.....LOL :skip::skip:

how was that popcorn, think I'll have some....LOL

:popcorn::popcorn:

The braces are at a 45 degree angle. The article in the image appears to be 90 therefore cannot be the brace. Looking at the third image from the ground one can see the branch is located in the same spot.

If it were the rope we would see two articles from the ariel image yet we see only one in the spot.

I would give it a low probability of it being the rope.

Inobu.

Also you are seeing only 1 of three identical angles braces.

Wow, lot of stuff going on.............

Oh, that's not a rope in the image. It is the end of the leaves on the palm branch. The aerial view is above the balcony and the braces are obscured but the palm branch is not.

WARNING GRAPHIC IMAGE

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb282/skov_album/Tresunderthebalcony.jpg

It is the branch that is between the two blue lines.

Inobu

I don't see the tree branches stretching out where it would be middle ways of the balcony.

It sure looks like a rope of some kind hanging off the bottom of the balcony in the middle to me.

IMO

Based only on my viewing the photo, Rebecca had tied a scarf around her neck. I think she got on the table, tied her scarf to the cording from the balcony, wrapped her ankles/wrists, stepped through her arms so her wrists were behind her and then kicked the table out. Wouldn't be all that difficult for someone her age, physical agility and determination imo.

Actually the rope coming from the balcony would have to be long enough for Rebecca to be able to bend over or sit down on the table after putting it around her neck. There is no other way for her to get her hands behind her back unless she "jumped" in the air, somehow managed to get her feet through her bound arms and then land on the table again while still standing upright. If the rope was long enough for Rebecca to be able to bend over or even sit down on the table to put her feet and legs through her arms there would be no point in binding her feet together as the rope should be long enough for her to simply stand on the ground and save herself.

I think that it is being forgotten that a person will have to bend over or sit down to put their legs and feet through their arms.

MOO

I don't see the tree branches stretching out where it would be middle ways of the balcony.

It sure looks like a rope of some kind hanging off the bottom of the balcony in the middle to me.

IMO

From the ground view you can see the branch is aligned to the center of the balcony blending with the center brace. From the aerial view it will look to be hanging down from the balcony.

The palms at the end of the branch are not fanned out.

ThebalconyinJuly13newsreportcbs8.jpg

5e068098bbf6172d9d7ab9f3538de17b.jpg

Last point on the rope. The orange cord is so thin that it is not seen in the aerial image. Look at the thickness of the "rope" compared to the table leg.

This is what I found, so I can conclude from this we don't know when he arrived ;)

Adam Shacknai, Jonah's brother and the man who found Zahau Wednesday morning, had only arrived in Coronado Tuesday. Indications are he came to town to help the family after Max's fall.

http://www.fox5sandiego.com/news/ks...ronado-mansion-deaths-20110718,0,323715.story

So Daily Beast has Monday, and Fox News has Tuesday. Early on, to my mind, was Monday as well. Does anyone else have legit news source links on this?

Why is it that only one of the braces shows? Are you thinking the balcony was remodeled since photo was taken?

No,

You cannot see the braces from the aerial shot because of the angle. All braces are out of view. Point is see one see all. Because we don't see all three braces in the aerial shot it has to be something else.

Its size/diameter excludes a rope and the only thing left in that area is the palm branch/leave.

Inobu

Thanks!

Salem

Please forgive this brief interlude as I respond to an inquiry by a mod. :smile:

VFR stands for Visual Flight Rules. Pilots can be rated for VFR flight only, or IFR (instrument Flight Rules) too, as well as other ratings (taildragger, aerobatic, etc). Thank you, Carioca, for posting a link! I was offline. My hubby is a private pilot (for 20 years), rated for VFR and IFR flight. We've owned a small single prop plane since 2008 and have flown all over the US in all sorts of conditions, regions, and airspace classifications. We usually fly IFR, but occasionally for short hops, or just flying around, we'll go VFR. You can also fly VFR, but request flight following. http://www.avweb.com/news/avtraining/183268-1.html Not sure what kind of paper trail that creates and we don't fly that way. And, we never have a "manifest" regarding who's on board. Just more info for all you great sleuthers to add to your bag of copious information that may come in handy for this or future cases.

Can FlightAware track VFR flights? What about a VFR flight with a flight plan? (Back to top)

Some VFR aircraft with flight following are available on the position maps but it largely unreliable and arrival/departure/flight plan data is often not available. VFR flight plans are irrelevant and only used by FSS for search and rescue. We suggest ensuring that aircraft are on an IFR flight plan from wheels up to wheels down for proper tracking.

http://flightaware.com/about/faq.rvt#vfr

Now returning you to your regularly scheduled topic. :seeya:

There again it is impossible to know that. Those who are suicidal are very good at covering up their thoughts. They don't want anyone to interfere with what they are going to do.

They are not going to rule either way until the autopsy report is complete and that isn't done until tox results come back to the ME.

Why did my husband's nephew go out to dinner with his fiancée and then on to a movie appearing very happy and upbeat and 45 minutes after leaving her wound up dead from a self inflicted shotgun blast? To this day we don't know WHY.

IMO
BBM I am Sorry for your loss. I think in many cases, after the person makes their decision to take their life, a huge burden is lifted from their shoulders, and they sometimes become almost giddy with relief that their pain is over. There are situations where the friends/family are so confused, because they thought the person that took their life was finally back to their old jolly selves. IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member