Rebecca Zahau Wrongful Death/ADAM SHACKNAI FOUND RESPONSIBLE #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Questions for Tricia for Mr Greer

1) FIRST! Thank YOU Tricia, for the forum and all the great interviews and insights you gave us!

2) Will the family be following up on Dave Myers public offer to reopen the investigation if he becomes Sheriff on June 5th?

3) Tell us how you feel we can we best express our gratitude and recognition of the exemplary job you have done on this case, and for Rebecca and her family?

4) What was the response after the verdict from the defense attorneys you, if any, and do you know if there be a press release from their side? ( as Mr Greer was very gracious in his press statement about their representation of AS)

5) Tell him WE LOVE HIM!

❤️Thankyou .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Question for Mr. Greer:

Did any of the jury members share anything about their thought process?

attachment.php

If that's a promise, then he has my entire family's vote.

I sent an email to SDSO media relations asking if they will be making a statement. I am hopeful that something good can come from this case so we shall see what they have to say.

I was just about to post this query. Awaiting responses/reactions from them as well as DS and NR.

Well, well. What an interesting juxtapose in reporting here after the verdict....not found ‘hanging’...

( from news link in Betty Ps post)

“Zahau’s body was found on the ground at the Spreckels Mansion in Coronado on July 13, 2011, by investigators. Her hands and feet were bound and a rope around her neck was the same rope discovered hanging from a balcony above, according to investigators.”

Mary's statement had me almost in tears. I can't imagine how arduous and heartbreaking the past seven years have been for her family, fighting for justice for Rebecca, fighting the smears to her reputation and to hold people responsible for the violent acts ultimately committed against her.

The huge missteps in the initial investigation have been publicly exposed now. I dearly hope that Myers remains true to his word if he wins the next election and reopens this case.

Rebecca's untimely death deserves to be re-investigated to the fullest extent possible. IMO they owe her that much. Especially after her remains were treated with such disrespect.

Congratulations to Keith Greer and the Zahau family for having the fortitude and determination to fight hard and long on Rebecca's behalf and finally succeeding in that quest. JMO, but today was a very good day for justice in America.

My view is that when the burden of proof was only "a preponderance of the evidence” and you still lost three jurors -- how much more likely that when the burden of proof is "beyond a reasonable doubt" that there might even be a worse split?

Don't get me wrong. I am all for a trial. But it may not ever happen.

I don't think it's likely. The investigation was so badly botched that it would be very hard to get to beyond a reasonable doubt. UNLESS everything is still available for testing. Then there might be a chance.

Any chance you think we will hear from the jurors?

I hope if we do they remain TOTALLY anonymous!

But the plaintiff did not have access to the evidence that the investigators have. Gloves, underwear, tissues...for starters. The defense even had photos of clothes that Greer had not seen. Then there's the first responders who would have noticed her state of rigor and CPR possible to a corpse, a reconstruction of the bed moving with a 100lb weight jumping off the balcony, the ME to put on the stand, the defence lawyer who just decided to take a stroll over there that morning without being asked. Plus a proper investigation into Adam Shacknai and interrogatories he wouldn't answer (employers and psychiatrists), his real training in knots, plus the evidence of what he said to the polygrapher which could not be introduced in the civil trial. Remember Adam saying "I hope to God she wasn't tied up",

Those are just from the top of my head.

Do we know if this evidence was preserved? Would it be able to be retested if they did reopen it?

I'd already been following Dave Myers for a while, so I tweeted him and he replied instantly. Yaay!

View attachment 132439

Come on SD, vote this guy into office!

Mr.Greer mentioned his paralegal by name during an interview on KFMB/760 AM today. Please ask him to thank ROBERT WILSON for all of his hard work, from his fans at Websleuths!

How in the world did the defense file for a nonsuit? If that is not out of touch, considering the outcome and the damages awarded, I am surprised. Unless that is standard courtroom scare tactics.

MsFacetious, they still had the knives and the door, so I'm hopeful they have all the evidence.

How in the world did the defense file for a nonsuit? If that is not out of touch, considering the outcome and the damages awarded, I am surprised. Unless that is standard courtroom scare tactics.

Imo, it stemmed from their generalized outrage at the gall of commoners to bring a suit against their betters, IYKWIM.

Just watched the video of the verdict being read. No reaction from AS, and none from his attorneys, either. They didn't even look in his direction, nor he in theirs. Weird vibe all the way around.

I felt like AS’s neck was getting more and more red, and jaw clenching tighter and tighter. His lack of expression, paired with those two things, were kind of scary to me, in a way. No emotion really, exactly what I would expect of someone who killed another.

Did you guys catch the end of the news 10 video?

A lady speaking on behalf of the Shacknai family said the jury had not been discharged so Dan Webb would not yet be speaking to the press.....

Mr Greer said earlier there were punitive damage legalities to deal with apparently....the tape cut before she had finished.

It’s the vid on the second link....

I don't think it's likely. The investigation was so badly botched that it would be very hard to get to beyond a reasonable doubt. UNLESS everything is still available for testing. Then there might be a chance.

I hope if we do they remain TOTALLY anonymous!

Do we know if this evidence was preserved? Would it be able to be retested if they did reopen it?

Come on SD, vote this guy into office!

I am pretty sure that San Diego is ready for a change, I am.

If I understand correctly, Imp is saying the Defense's filing of the non-suit was with an air of superiority and implied that their client, related to a wealthy and prominent member of society, shouldn't be subjected to having to answer the claims of the Plaintiff, who they considered to be beneath them in economic stature.

Seven years....seven years is a mighty long time, and I am beyond elated that it was worth it. Kudos to Mr. Greer, to Rebecca's tireless family, to those on her legal team, and those here who fought tirelessly to represent her side and the miscarriage of justice against overwhelming odds. I had to step away for a long time from it because I just couldn't do it anymore, and I had no stake in the fight, so I can't imagine how wearying it was on those who did. Hopefully today makes it all worth it! Truth prevailed. Thank you thank you to the jury for applying logic and common sense to reach a rightful conclusion. I hope the Zahau's have at least some measure of peace tonight and in the days to come - rest well, lay down the gauntlet for a minute - they deserve it.

If I understand correctly, Imp is saying the Defense's filing of the non-suit was with an air of superiority and implied that their client, related to a wealthy and prominent member of society, shouldn't be subjected to having to answer the claims of the Plaintiff, who they considered to be beneath them in economic stature.
Thank you, I'm so sorry to have made you type all that out for me. I assumed idkwym was 'I do know what you mean', but I realise now it could also be read as 'I don't know what you mean'. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo