Rebecca Zahau Wrongful Death/ADAM SHACKNAI FOUND RESPONSIBLE #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
cache.php
Nice of them to let the family do the work for them.

I hope that the Zahau family shares their information with them but at the same time preserves and protects anything they have because, as we know, the SDSO and their ME cannot be trusted to provide even the most basic of investigative and ethical professionalism to this case, and others.

ALWAYS MOO

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I seriously doubt that happens.This case is far from over, imo. I was on a wrongful death jury. After three weeks of trial and a week deliberation the final vote was split. My home phone was ringing when I walked in the door later that afternoon. It was the defendant's attorney's office. I was asked a million questions about what went on in the jury deliberations and went in to his office next day to sign an affidavit.

The judge later declared a mistrial for juror misconduct

What case was that?

Can you clarify what you are implying?

Since the OP has not responded to these questions about her post, I’ll give my opinion about what she is implying, with apologies if it turns out I’m wrong.

It’s been quite clear that the OP is a dedicated Shacknai supporter, which is certainly her right, even though I strongly disagree with her posts and general tone. So what I believe she is implying in relating her experience, is that the defense attorney will contact the jurors, seeking information about their deliberations. If one juror is willing to sign an affidavit that there was misconduct, as the OP was, the judge may declare a mistrial for juror misconduct.

The implication in this carefully worded post is that she believes it is likely there was juror misconduct, and obviously hopes there was so a mistrial will be declared.

This is so far beyond the pale that I hope I’m wrong. But I think a light needed to be shone on this attitude of assuming wrong-doing on the part of 12 good people.

MOO, JMO, etc.

Nice of them to let the family do the work for them.

I hope that the Zahau family shares their information with them but at the same time preserves and protects anything they have because, as we know, the SDSO and their ME cannot be trusted to provide even the most basic of investigative and ethical professionalism to this case, and others.

ALWAYS MOO

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

If the Zahau’s do meet with SDSD they should video every meeting. Preserving and protecting everything they have is of utmost importance.

Since the OP has not responded to these questions about her post, I’ll give my opinion about what she is implying, with apologies if it turns out I’m wrong.

It’s been quite clear that the OP is a dedicated Shacknai supporter, which is certainly her right, even though I strongly disagree with her posts and general tone. So what I believe she is implying in relating her experience, is that the defense attorney will contact the jurors, seeking information about their deliberations. If one juror is willing to sign an affidavit that there was misconduct, as the OP was, the judge may declare a mistrial for juror misconduct.

The implication in this carefully worded post is that she believes it is likely there was juror misconduct, and obviously hopes there was so a mistrial will be declared.

This is so far beyond the pale that I hope I’m wrong. But I think a light needed to be shone on this attitude of assuming wrong-doing on the part of 12 good people.

MOO, JMO, etc.

I am in complete agreement with your assumptions. There were overtones of foreshadowing in that post, IMO.

In a press conference today, Mr. Greer said he believes the law in TN states that no more than 25% of a person’s salary can be garnished.
What about his assets? He recently purchased a home.

I agree with your interpretation Lilibet and I think it's nonsense. No one can predict that juror misconduct occurred. Perhaps it was suggesting that anyone can be bought.

This rubs me the wrong way.

Wow. Can't believe Sheriff Gore stands by the flawed suicide ruling despite the WDS and the public sentiment that Rebecca did NOT suicide. His irrational stubbornness defies logic.

What's his skin in this case?

To AZlawyer and other lawyers on WS, is there any way to get LE to reopen the criminal investigation?

What do we need to do?

What about his assets? He recently purchased a home.

I think a lien would be placed on the home, but not completely sure of Tennessee law.

ETA: it looks like once the judgement is filed in his county, the lien is placed and then homestead exemption statutes come into play to determine if the house must be sold. It also seems that he can file a motion in regard to a monthly payment plan, which would prevent the seizure of the house if granted.

Info on homestead exemption in TN:
https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/tennessee-bankruptcy-homestead-exemption.html

According to Anne Bremmer the dairy entries written by Rebecca were from eight months prior to her death.
These entries were used to support the theory that RZ committed suicide.

I find that a stretch and feel that Rebecca has strong family support and coping strategies.

Hallelujah! Justice for the Zahau family! It is beyond my comprehension what this family, and particularly the Mother, has gone through all these years.

Finally, we see that Jonah’s money didn’t buy the normal average citizen. Is this not more proof to us who have known from day one that JS was running the show with his big bucks?!

Thank you jury for listening closely and separating facts from fiction!

What if Adam does not pay the money? We know it would have to come from his brother and Jonah is the last person on earth who is going to fork up a penny.

I assume it is the same as Fred Goldman in the OJ Simpson case. Goldman has never received the money either. IIRC, the Goldman lawyer has frozen or placed a lien on any monies OJ may come in to,

While the Zahau family wasn’t after the money, they wanted Rebecca’s name cleared. Money would be gratefully appreciated for all the suffering and bills that have accumulated, IMO.

Again, the truth has at last come out! All the leaders of the various departments that were involved in this case need to be fired immediately! How can the people ever trust them again?

What if Adam does not pay the money? We know it would have to come from his brother and Jonah is the last person on earth who is going to fork up a penny.

I assume it is the same as Fred Goldman in the OJ Simpson case. Goldman has never received the money either. IIRC, the Goldman lawyer has frozen or placed a lien on any monies OJ may come in to,

While the Zahau family wasn’t after the money, they wanted Rebecca’s name cleared. Money would be gratefully appreciated for all the suffering and bills that have accumulated, IMO.

Again, the truth has at last come out! All the leaders of the various departments that were involved in this case need to be fired immediately! How can the people ever trust them again?

He may pay to keep him quiet and to make it go away.

Here is the interview with Caitlin Rother. She does give us a lot of information.

https://soundcloud.com/tricia-arrington-griffith/caitlin-rother-verdict-day-april-4-2018

Wow, good interview with a lot of information we didn't hear via the news media.

I'm a little surprised that Caitlin and others were surprised at the verdict. I was slightly surprised in a joyful way, but really did feel that Greer had made a very good case and the facts supported the verdict. It's a credit to the jurors that they were able to balance that information and make a fair decision.

I'm also rather surprised Caitlin believed enough of the "retroactive" analysis by the defense psych expert to think that Rebecca was in the frame of mind to commit suicide. Perhaps I interpreted her comments wrong, but it sounded as though she thinks Rebecca did commit suicide, or at least formed that opinion after hearing the psych expert. Frankly, I put very little credence in his testimony because

• he was paid by the defense to offer testimony on behalf of their client

• his methods didn't seem very evidence-based. Reading two notes on a deceased person's phone isn't exactly a professional assessment. He didn't have much in the way of quality data or research to support his claims that his methods were sound.

I'll reserve comment on Jonah saying the situation with Rebecca prior to Max's accident was "uncomfortable" for him. Draw your own conclusions. How I wish that family had just let her go on to live her life instead of killing her. I don't know how she tolerated them as long as she did.

Yes, and for me, I really want to see this penalty imposed upon AS. I want him to start paying for what most of us (imo) believe he did. I want his reputation to be clearly known for this jury verdict. I don't want him to just get on with his life. I want him to be uncomfortable with a dismal future. I want justice.

Guess I missed it, but here's a quote from the article from Mary:

"We can’t get her back but at least we can let everyone know she didn’t commit suicide and didn’t deserve to be treated the way she was by the Sheriff," Mary Zahau said fighting tears outside a San Diego courthouse.

"For seven years we had to fight to make it known she didn’t commit suicide even though we knew she didn’t ... It has been a struggle."

Well, well. What an interesting juxtapose in reporting here after the verdict....not found ‘hanging’...

( from news link in Betty Ps post)

“Zahau’s body was found on the ground at the Spreckels Mansion in Coronado on July 13, 2011, by investigators. Her hands and feet were bound and a rope around her neck was the same rope discovered hanging from a balcony above, according to investigators.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After all this time, she FINALLY, wasn't found "hanging". Thanks for sharing this.

I'm just getting a chance to check in with you all. I couldn't hold back my tears today. Continued prayers for the Zahau family. You're a good man, Mr. Greer.

I'll reserve comment on Jonah saying the situation with Rebecca prior to Max's accident was "uncomfortable" for him. Draw your own conclusions. How I wish that family had just let her go on to live her life instead of killing her. I don't know how she tolerated them as long as she did.

Ditto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member