Rebecca's cell phone records

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall some reports that the Niles were the housekeepers who stayed over the garage but that there was also a tenant family in the guest house that were asked to leave after Max's accident. I have some of the links but not at hand.

Who tended Jonah's AZ home? Imho.

Yeah, I don't k now if there are second tenants or not. Why would any tenants be asked to leave after Max's accident though (if true)? :waitasec:

Your question - IDK
If you have any links, that would be great!

Or maybe the voicemail was simply accessed and no message was retrieved and erased. Someone showing that her voicemail had been accessed may have been an attempt to alibi Jonah's purported trigger voicemail message since no one can prove that it ever happened. Possible the killer wanted to make Jonah look responsible for the staged suicide. Or maybe Jonah was providing an alibi by saying he sent it at around the time Dina was reportedly at the mansion. That way he could say see I sent it even though it's not there you can see she accessed her voicemail.

Accessing the voicemail means nothing. Jonah may never have even sent the alleged trigger message and someone else could have accessed the voicemail as the story was being staged and developed.

Accessing the voicemail may mean anything. But the fact that it got deleted is significant because if Rebecca did not erase it, and the voicemail according to Jonah was sent at 12:50am Wed, then the murderer(s) erased it.

Nina admitted in her phone interview to CBS8 that she held and used Rebecca's cellphone. She claimed Rebecca gave her Rebecca's cellphone to use (even though clearly Nina had her own cellphone) in order for Nina to to use mapquest to navigate them from the airport to the hospital.

I'd like to know where Rebecca's sis XZ was at this point? Was she in the car with Rebecca and Nina? Also, most people have GPS in their cars. If XZ was in the car, why didn't Rebecca ask her own sister to navigate? Why would Rebecca need Nina to navigate?

When did they leave? Did they move out or come back at some point.

It looks like there were ...

Monday calls (4:37 x 2 and 7:53 pm) and about 11 texts between 6:10 and 7:20

Tuesday, only three texts (1:24-1:36)

Wednesday, one text at 1:32 pm

( note: I just quickly scanned the bill so I could be off a bit)

What are these times for? TIA

When did they leave? Did they move out or come back at some point.

It looks like there were ...

Monday calls (4:37 x 2 and 7:53 pm) and about 11 texts between 6:10 and 7:20

Tuesday, only three texts (1:24-1:36)

Wednesday, one text at 1:32 pm

( note: I just quickly scanned the bill so I could be off a bit)

Here are some guesses:

Monday they were asked to move out so some discussion about that and a lot of questions about Max and how he was doing.

Tuesday texts to find out how Max was.

Wednesday text to express condolences for Rebecca's death.

BBM - this is Caroline (Wong) Niles per, www.cbs8.com/story/15538406/family-releases-200-pages-of-zahau-phone-records

She and her Chef husband (kids?) were the ones staying in the apartment above the garage (some say they were staying in the guest house, IDK).

It's a little odd that CN sent Rebecca a text on Wed at 1:32 pm?

Do we know when these people left Spreckles?

Thanks for the link. I just re-read that story and what I find most suspicious is that per Dina's own admissions, she desperately wanted answers from Rebecca about what happened to Max, and that she begged and pleaded with Nina on Tuesday to seek answers from Rebecca, so much so that Nina then finally texted Rebecca that one time at 9:41pm or 10:41pm Tues according to Rebecca's phone records. And Nina then claimed it was she who walked over to Rebecca's around 10pm Tues to physically confront Rebecca at the Spreckels mansion, but she could not find Rebecca at the mansion. But lo and behold, right after Nina's text and walk over to the mansion, Rebecca never made any more phone calls or texts to anyone and Rebecca is then found dead at the mansion the next morning! And LE did not find this connected or suspicious enough to pursue further investigation and obtain a polygraph of Nina or the other major players -- Dina, Adam, and Jonah?

Nevertheless, nowhere according to Rebecca's phone records for any day did Dina herself ever telephone or text Rebecca to ask her any questions. Why did Dina never make contact by phone with Rebecca, if she really wanted answers from Rebecca regarding Max's injury?

Thanks for the link. I just re-read that story and what I find most suspicious is that per Dina's own admissions, she desperately wanted answers from Rebecca about what happened to Max, and that she begged and pleaded with Nina on Tuesday to seek answers from Rebecca, so much so that Nina then finally texted Rebecca that one time at 9:41pm or 10:41pm Tues according to Rebecca's phone records. And Nina then claimed it was she who walked over to Rebecca's around 10pm Tues to physically confront Rebecca at the Spreckels mansion, but she could not find Rebecca at the mansion. But lo and behold, right after Nina's text and walk over to the mansion, Rebecca never made any more phone calls or texts to anyone and Rebecca is then found dead at the mansion the next morning! And LE did not find this connected or suspicious enough to pursue further investigation and obtain a polygraph of Nina or the other major players -- Dina, Adam, and Jonah?

Nevertheless, nowhere according to Rebecca's phone records for any day did Dina herself ever telephone or text Rebecca to ask her any questions. Why did Dina never make contact by phone with Rebecca, if she really wanted answers from Rebecca regarding Max's injury?

One of the neighbors saw them packing up........I don't remember if it was late Monday afternoon or early Tuesday morning. But they were certainly gone by Tuesday afternoon.

One of the neighbors saw them packing up........I don't remember if it was late Monday afternoon or early Tuesday morning. But they were certainly gone by Tuesday afternoon.

Inparadise, I think your reply is in response to someone else's post, but I appreciate the info on the Niles.

That really is odd though. Why would the Niles have to leave the guesthouse immediately after Max's injury? Were they asked to leave by Jonah?

Inparadise, I think your reply is in response to someone else's post, but I appreciate the info on the Niles.

That really is odd though. Why would the Niles have to leave the guesthouse immediately after Max's injury? Were they asked to leave by Jonah?

That would be my guess......people with 3 young children don't just pick up and go for no reason.........IMO.

Times that Caroline Niles communicated with Rebecca (or someone using CN's phone).

Did LE interview her?

If she was, there have been no statements made to the media indicating such.

If she was, there have been no statements made to the media indicating such.

If there were any people staying in guest house or caretaker cottage, then it might not be accurate to say that RZ and her sister were the only two people on the property with Max when Max had his accident. Yet, we heard nothing about anybody else interviewed about Max's accident. I wish we could find out if it's actually true or not that other people were on the property.
And if there were people staying on the property and asked to leave, I am also very intrigued as to why.

Here are some guesses:

Monday they were asked to move out so some discussion about that and a lot of questions about Max and how he was doing.

Tuesday texts to find out how Max was.

Wednesday text to express condolences for Rebecca's death.

I wouldn't call a dead woman's phone to leave condolences? Besides, it was a text.

I wouldn't call a dead woman's phone to leave condolences? Besides, it was a text.

I agree. IIRC, it was very late in the day before Rebecca's name was released as the deceased, and since the Niles's are not family, they would not have known at that point, unless someone from the Shacknai/Romano side told them.

If there were any people staying in guest house or caretaker cottage, then it might not be accurate to say that RZ and her sister were the only two people on the property with Max when Max had his accident. Yet, we heard nothing about anybody else interviewed about Max's accident. I wish we could find out if it's actually true or not that other people were on the property.
And if there were people staying on the property and asked to leave, I am also very intrigued as to why.

For the same reason(s) that the dog was sent to the kennel........IMO.

@Inparadise: What missing parts can you share about these these puzzles? TIA

Accessing the voicemail may mean anything. But the fact that it got deleted is significant because if Rebecca did not erase it, and the voicemail according to Jonah was sent at 12:50am Wed, then the murderer(s) erased it.

Nina admitted in her phone interview to CBS8 that she held and used Rebecca's cellphone. She claimed Rebecca gave her Rebecca's cellphone to use (even though clearly Nina had her own cellphone) in order for Nina to to use mapquest to navigate them from the airport to the hospital.

I'd like to know where Rebecca's sis XZ was at this point? Was she in the car with Rebecca and Nina? Also, most people have GPS in their cars. If XZ was in the car, why didn't Rebecca ask her own sister to navigate? Why would Rebecca need Nina to navigate?
I have always thought the murderer(s) erased the message. jmo

I don't recall hearing that Nina admitted to using Rebecca's cellular phone. That is very interesting news...

This has always been suspect to me. Speaks volumes. You have made excellent points.

Trying to catch-up on thread...others were staying at Spreckles mansion during the time of Max's fall? Did I read that correctly?

Yes, the Niles family. Maybe others, no one seems to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor