Rebecca's cell phone records

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it very odd that SDSO did not bring up the fact that RZ was under suspicion and was questioned by LE in the death of MS at the time of her death.

Yes, ITA because when someone is suspected of murder, even in death, it's always told. The recent shootings in CO, Diane Schuler, Columbine...the list goes on. LE always states that SOMEONE is responsible for ALL THE DEATH INVOLVED. But strangely, LE had nothing to say other than this was a accident followed by a suicide. How many times (sadly) have we seen when this makes sense? Does it in this case?

I can't edit my post but I meant to say "the recent shootings in NJ" not in CO. My apologies all.

The numbers supporting the Zahaus seem very small to me if you look at the Facebook pages of Rebecca Zahau adn compare them to Maxie's House.

RSBM.

Hi CG. What about those who support the reopening of BOTH investigations, like myself? I don't think anyone who is supportive of the Zahau family would discount what happened to Maxie, or the pain his family must be feeling, so comparing the numbers of apparent 'hits' or 'likes' of two or more web sites means very little to me (Max vs Rebecca? :( Not cool, IMO). As others have said, this is not a popularity contest...it's about two families who deserve to be heard and have the right to full disclosure after weighing ALL of the evidence (some if which is now unfortunately gone forever). I do not now nor have I ever thought of myself as being in one camp vs the other. I support justice for both families. I can't speak for anyone else, but I suspect some others might feel the same.

The following is not directed at any individual, here or elsewhere: I'm absolutely astounded by the apparent fear/anger/disquiet/whatever that surfaces when the discussion turns to a reinvestigation for Rebecca. I don't understand the lack of empathy for the Zahaus...and the fact that they've been accused of wanting 'special' treatment.

To get back on topic...please correct me if I'm mistaken, but the lack of evidence of the voicemail from Jonah to Rebecca that night isn't only because it was erased, but because, IIRC, there was no record of that call on Rebecca or Jonah's cell phone records (aside from her accessing her VM).

MOO

I find it very odd that SDSO did not bring up the fact that RZ was under suspicion and was questioned by LE in the death of MS at the time of her death.

Agree. If Rebecca was truly being investigated for harming Max by LE, they certainly would have stated that at the Press Conference and also used that as an antecedent to why Rebecca had died. The fact that LE never said anything to that effect means that after their investigation, LE believed Rebecca was innocent in Max's death.

Hello Gang, just popping in to read up...I see the fat lady hasn't sang on this one, yet. :) I also see other things...but I'll keep those to myself. ;) Waiting with bated breathe...p *HUGS*

Am interested in what "other things" you see?

Am interested in what "other things" you see?

Nice to meet you, Borne. :) I don't recall you from the early days on this forum.

I see all kinds of things...I have an amazing mind, lol...;)

But most importantly, I see this case is far from dead.

And THAT makes me see stars ;)

I hope Rebecca's family finds peace...and answers...as I do for Maxie's family.

But I remember when I 1st came HERE, to this forum...it was for Rebecca. :heartbeat: I still have my questions...the same ones posted threads back.

Peace and love to all...gotta run...*hugs*

RSBM.

Hi CG. What about those who support the reopening of BOTH investigations, like myself? I don't think anyone who is supportive of the Zahau family would discount what happened to Maxie, or the pain his family must be feeling, so comparing the numbers of apparent 'hits' or 'likes' of two or more web sites means very little to me (Max vs Rebecca? :( Not cool, IMO). As others have said, this is not a popularity contest...it's about two families who deserve to be heard and have the right to full disclosure after weighing ALL of the evidence (some if which is now unfortunately gone forever). I do not now nor have I ever thought of myself as being in one camp vs the other. I support justice for both families. I can't speak for anyone else, but I suspect some others might feel the same.

The following is not directed at any individual, here or elsewhere: I'm absolutely astounded by the apparent fear/anger/disquiet/whatever that surfaces when the discussion turns to a reinvestigation for Rebecca. I don't understand the lack of empathy for the Zahaus...and the fact that they've been accused of wanting 'special' treatment.

To get back on topic...please correct me if I'm mistaken, but the lack of evidence of the voicemail from Jonah to Rebecca that night isn't only because it was erased, but because, IIRC, there was no record of that call on Rebecca or Jonah's cell phone records (aside from her accessing her VM).

MOO

I know it is not a popularity contest, but many here keep stating that "the majority of people", etc. think RZ was murdered. Not so, I say. And that is why I gave that comparison. I think most people accept the ruling of the SDSO, that she killed herself.

To reopen an investigation when there is absolutely NO physical evidence to support that it was anything OTHER than a suicide because the Zahaus are in denial, is a big waste of taxpayer money, IMO. It has been turned down once by the California Attorney General, and it will be again, IMO. We should be hearing that news soon.

There was a record of the call, but the message had been erased.

I know it is not a popularity contest, but many here keep stating that "the majority of people", etc. think RZ was murdered. Not so, I say. And that is why I gave that comparison. I think most people accept the ruling of the SDSO, that she killed herself.

To reopen an investigation when there is absolutely NO physical evidence to support that it was anything OTHER than a suicide because the Zahaus are in denial, is a big waste of taxpayer money, IMO. It has been turned down once by the California Attorney General, and it will be again, IMO. We should be hearing that news soon.

IMO
But, I don't understand how that comparison backs up your point in anyway? It's like comparing apples to sea bass, they're not even in the same food group.

Here's the bottom line. Max is dead, RZ is dead. Both victims have families that are suffering. Some people question Max's death, some question RZ's and some question both. DS is the only person slinging mud. RZ's family is asking for answers but they aren't out trashing a dead woman on national television. On shows that are barely a step above Jerry Springer I might add. I have compassion for DS but I do not have any respect for the way that she has handled this.

Hi CG! There is a record of the voicemail retrieval at 12:50am on RZ's phone records. However a record of the incoming call from JS at 12:30am did not show on her phone records. Maybe the outgoing call does show on JS's phone records, but they have not been released to the public. Do you have a link to Jonah's phone records? TIA

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15485069/records-reveal-final-cell-phone-calls-to-rebecca-zahau

IMO
But, I don't understand how that comparison backs up your point in anyway? It's like comparing apples to sea bass, they're not even in the same food group.

Here's the bottom line. Max is dead, RZ is dead. Both victims have families that are suffering. Some people question Max's death, some question RZ's and some question both. DS is the only person slinging mud. RZ's family is asking for answers but they aren't out trashing a dead woman on national television. On shows that are barely a step above Jerry Springer I might add. I have compassion for DS but I do not have any respect for the way that she has handled this.

I disagree. The Zahaus began slinging mud even before the official findings were announced. I don't know how many times they have accused "someone" in the Shacknai and Romano families of murder on national tv and in the press.

How many times have the Zahaus and Bremner said nasty things in RadarOnline, Dr. Phil, Dr. Drew, Nancy Grace, Jane Velez Mitchell, etc, etc, ETC.??? IMO

I disagree. The Zahaus began slinging mud even before the official findings were announced. I don't know how many times they have accused "someone" in the Shacknai and Romano families of murder on national tv and in the press.

How many times have the Zahaus and Bremner said nasty things in RadarOnline, Dr. Phil, Dr. Drew, Nancy Grace, Jane Velez Mitchell, etc, etc, ETC.??? IMO

This is very true.

Do you have specific comments with links which show what you mean? Tia.

Has the AG even acknowledged that the Z family have made an official request?

I'm sure they have. That would seem to be a standard procedure. They probably have a form letter.

AB posted on Facebook.... that her and the family will be on Dr. Phil September 11th... stating the AG is reviewing the information her and her team brought forward.... wether the AG will launch a new investigation we can only hope... but the fact that they are actually reviewing the information and did not dismiss it out of hand like the SDSO and the DA did... is very hopefull...

This seems timed for when Rudoy mentioned on the web radio... that they are hoping for an announcement from the AG in the next few weeks....

Link please.

This is very true.

Link please

Do you have specific comments with links which show what you mean? Tia.

Don't be waiting with bated breath, I know I won't be ;-)

Oh mittymick, how little confidence you have in me! ; )

The SDSO had not even release their findings when the Zahaus first spoke out:

BBM

September 1, 2011

Nalepa said he no longer trusts the investigators.
“We were pretty positive they were looking at the possibility of a homicide,” the nursing student said. “It doesn't look like they ever did.”

There are friends who knew Zahau “for years and years that [investigators] didn't call and ask anything,” according to Nalepa.
“It seems like someone just wants this to be sealed and done with,” he said.
There are friends who knew Zahau “for years and years that [investigators] didn't call and ask anything,” according to Nalepa.

Bremner, who listened in on the meeting via a conference call, said detectives discussed the likelihood of a suicide finding with Mary Zahau-Loehner and her husband at the meeting.

What is clear, the attorney added, is that Zahau, along with her relatives are very religious. She said Zahau believed people who commit suicide “go to hell” and would never have considered the act an option.

http://coronado.patch.com/articles/family-rejects-mansion-suicide-finding#c

Sept, 2, 2011

Yet that appears to be the case, according to investigators. An attorney for Rebecca Zahau's family confirmed Thursday that investigators had informed them the day before that they were going to declare Zahau's death a suicide.

The family, which has maintained for weeks that Zahau, 32, would not have killed herself, made a formal request for further investigation through the Seattle attorney, Anne Bremner, whom they hired days ago. 

They learned of Friday's news conference, said Zahau's ex-husband Neil Nalepa, through a reporter, not investigators, and felt blindsided.

“I know it took everybody by surprise,” Nalepa said. “They did not feel this was going to happen like that.”

The announcement of the conclusion to the investigation, nearly eight weeks in length, came on the eve of a holiday weekend amid criticism from Zahau’s loved ones, who contend it is not possible that she killed herself.

http://coronado.patch.com/articles/case-closde-zahau-death-ruled-a-suicide

Sept. 2, 2011

Rebecca Zahau was found nude and hanging from an outside balcony at her boyfriend’s mansion on July 18, and while the Medical Examiner’s Office is ruling her death a suicide her family says she was murdered and they believe they know who did it.
“Becky did not kill herself, someone killed her,” Snowem Horwath, Rebecca’s sister, exclusively claimed to RadarOnline.com. “Time will reveal who killed Becky. I think I know who killed my sister. We are not stupid, she never had any enemies.”
Horwath would not reveal who she believes killed her sister, but she disputed the evidence the police told her family they used to determine Rebecca killed herself.
“They do not have enough evidence to say it is a suicide, it is such a big lie,” Horwath alleged, noting that the family felt that there were many “holes” in their theories.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...ca-zahau-was-murdered-not-suicide-says-sister

Sept. 2, 2011

The family of Rebecca Zahau, the woman found hanging at billionaire Jonah Shacknai’s home in July, doesn’t want the police to close the case on her death RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned.
“Rebecca had no history of suicidal tendencies, no psychological problems and no history of depression,” high profile lawyer Anne Bremner, who is representing her family, exclusively told RadarOnline.com. “The family wants justice. The police have a duty to fully investigate the case and we don’t want them to close the investigation today. The family does not believe it was a suicide.”
Bremner said the family was distraught that Rebecca’s death is being ruled a suicide. “All this family wants is justice,” Bremner said. “If Jonah Shacknai is in the same camp he shouldn’t be fighting us.”
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...ecca-zahau-family-do-not-want-case-closed-not

Bremner has said she plans to formally request the Sheriff's Department reopen Zahau's death investigation.
She added: "This investigation shouldn't have had an ending Friday. It should have had a beginning."
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...th-not-suicide-lawyer-anne-bremner-calls-case

Sept. 6, 2011

Mary Zahau, Rebecca's sister tells RadarOnline.com: "Jonah told my husband, on the day that Becky died, that she had killed herself. Jonah tried to reach me, but got my husband on the phone first to give us the horrible news that Becky had died.
"When my husband had told me what happened, that Becky had supposedly killed herself, well, I knew there was no way that was true. Becky never had a history of depression, or suicidal tendencies."
San Diego Sheriff's Department announced on Friday that around 12:50 a.m., Rebecca received a voicemail message from someone close to the situation, informing her that Max's condition had worsened. Mary reveals: "The police told us that Jonah was the one that left a message for Becky around 1 a.m., and that he informed her that Max had taken a turn for the worse, and likely wouldn't survive."
According to Mary, Rebecca wanted to visit Max in the hospital, but Jonah told her not to visit. "Becky told me that she wanted to go to the hospital to be with Max, but Jonah told her not to come," Mary says. "Jonah told her not to visit, because he wanted to avoid a confrontation between Becky and Dina (Jonah's ex-wife)."
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...rlfriend-rebecca-zahau-suicide-day-body-found

Sept. 7, 2011

Rebecca's sister, Mary Zahau tells RadarOnline.com: "There is no way my sister EVER would have killed herself. We have set up a website, and are seeking donations from the public so that we can hire our own private investigators to look into Rebecca's death.
“We need help from the public, who have been supportive of our family through this tragedy."
The Zahou family has hired Seattle based attorney, Anne Bremner.
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...ons-investigate-death-disagree-suicide-ruling

Sept. 8, 2011

“The police still have Rebecca’s computer and cell phone,” Snowem Horwath, Rebecca’s sister, exclusively told RadarOnline.com. “We want Rebecca’s things back so that nothing can happen to them.”
“We don’t understand what the police are doing with her things,” Snowem said. “We are worried about what will happen to her stuff if we don’t get it back soon.”
Lt. Larry Nesbit of the San Diego Sheriff’s Department exclusively told RadarOnline.com that in order for the family to retrieve Rebecca’s belongings they would have to make a formal request to a judge. “Her property was seized by a search warrant so the family would have to get the judge to order the things returned to the family,” he explained.

As RadarOnline.com exclusively reported, Rebecca’s sister Snowem doesn’t believe her sister committed suicide and insists that she met with a much darker death.
“I believe my sister was murdered, and I think I know who did it,”
she exclusively told RadarOnline.com.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...ings-not-returned-police-family-after-suicide

Sept 8, 2011

Rebecca Zahau didn't get along with her boyfriend, Jonah Shacknai's ex-wife, Dina Shacknai, according to Rebecca's sister, Mary Zahau, RadarOnline.com is exclusively reporting.
"Becky was extremely close with Max. They loved each other very, very much. Dina was jealous of that relationship between her son, and Becky,” Mary Zahau tells RadarOnline.com exclusively. “Max would spend so much time with Becky and then go home and tell Dina how much he loved Becky. If there was a school function or Max had a soccer game, Dina would sometimes demand that Rebecca not attend.
Dina Shacknai demanded a meeting with Rebecca when she began dating Jonah. "Dina wanted to know who was going to be around her son. Becky agreed to meet her. It wasn't the greatest meeting but Becky got through it. Dina and Becky never got into any verbal or physical fights but there was definite tension," Mary says.

Cops said one of the reasons Rebecca might have killed herself was because she had been depressed in recent months. "If my sister was indeed so depressed, why did Jonah let her take care of Max? Rebecca spent so much time with Max, she would drive him from school to soccer practice all the time. It just doesn't make sense," Mary states.
The Zahau family wants cops to re-open Rebecca's case, "my sister didn't kill herself, Becky never would have done that," Mary Zahau says.
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...get-jonah-shacknai-s-ex-wife-dina-says-sister

Sept 19, 2011

Mary Zahou says she’s “very disappointed” with the San Diego Sheriff's Department handling of her sister’s death which was ruled a suicide, something that the family refuses to accept.

The San Diego Sheriff's Department is avoiding us and our attorney, Anne Bremner," Mary tells RadarOnline.com.
"I don't even want them right now other than to give the items to experts to forensically download all the computers and the phone to analyze the data."

Sept 20, 2011

Shacknai's surprising letter to the attorney general came after Rebecca's family publicly questioned the ruling of suicide.
"It doesn't add up from day one," her sister, Mary Zahau told Good Morning America. "It seemed like from the beginning that a lot of things were ignored."
When asked if she thought her sister was murdered, Mary replied, "Yes."
"She would not hurt anybody, even herself."

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...rebecca-zahau-suicide-reopened-max-death-case

Nov 7, 2011

Her family rejects the finding of suicide and wants a new investigation to determine if someone killed Zahau. Bremner acknowledged to the Daily Beast that if a new probe isn't launched the family could pursue a wrongful death lawsuit.

http://coronado.patch.com/articles/zahau-interest-spiking-again-as-dr-phil-show-nears

Nov. 15, 2011

After Wecht shared his conclusions, Bremner and Zahau's sister, Mary Zahau Loehner, repeated that they would seek a new investigation, but not by the Sheriff's department.
“I would prefer that they not touch my sister's case any more at all,” Zahau Loehner said.

http://coronado.patch.com/articles/pathologist-tells-dr-phil-he-doubts-that-zahau-killed-herself

CG - You stated many times the Zahau's have accused "someone" in the Shacknai and Romano families of murder on national tv and in the press. Where in the sources you just provided do any of the Zahau family members accuse a Shacknai or Romano of murder? I don't see it. The Zahau's believe Rebecca was murdered, but I have never seen or heard them single out a particular person.

Oh mittymick, how little confidence you have in me! ; )
~~snipped for length~~

The SDSO had not even release their findings when the Zahaus first spoke out:

BBM

September 1, 2011

Nalepa said he no longer trusts the investigators.
“We were pretty positive they were looking at the possibility of a homicide,” the nursing student said. “It doesn't look like they ever did.”

Nov 7, 2011

Her family rejects the finding of suicide and wants a new investigation to determine if someone killed Zahau. Bremner acknowledged to the Daily Beast that if a new probe isn't launched the family could pursue a wrongful death lawsuit.

http://coronado.patch.com/articles/zahau-interest-spiking-again-as-dr-phil-show-nears

Nov. 15, 2011

Hope you don't mind that I snipped your post. Thanks for all those links that really put it all into perspective.

I think it is kinda difficult to get a court to even consider a wrongful death lawsuit if the death certificate says suicide. Alternative is to hope for another investigation.

JMO

Hope you don't mind that I snipped your post. Thanks for all those links that really put it all into perspective.

I think it is kinda difficult to get a court to even consider a wrongful death lawsuit if the death certificate says suicide. Alternative is to hope for another investigation.

JMO

With the suicide ruling they could go after JS with wrongful death....according to LE he left the trigger message....in fact JS admits very readily to this....so if you use that logic whatever he said on the voicemail.... if indeed there was one.... according to LE pushed her over the psychological edge to kill herself....a woman with no prior mental health issues... so it must have been incredibly nasty....

again.. IF there really was a message...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
april89