Rebecca's cell phone records

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi freespeech - It was stated in the Search Warrants that only Rebecca and XZ were there and also stated by Lawton at the Sept. 2, 2011 Press Conference as per below:

Mike Lawton, Commander, Coronado Police Department
"The two people inside the house at the time the officers arrived were Rebecca Zahau and her 13-year-old sister as indicated before. They were the only persons inside the house."

Seeing as Rebecca's violent and suspicious death, preceded by little Max's tragic fatal fall, was an exceptionally significant event in the media worldwide and in Coronado history, I have always found it "interesting" that Coronado Chief of Police Chief Lou Scanlon was not present at the Press Conference. In Gore's words (of which I believe zip), "… Chief Lewis Scanlon would've been here today but he is on a scheduled trip out of the country…" Rather convenient IMO, thus avoiding any future accusations of perjury, perhaps?

Carioca, please accept my apology. My brain did not process your post correctly as I was off on a tangent as usual. Yes I totally agree with your point. The officers at the scene documented that only Rebecca and her sister were there. That was correct. I apologize again. I am unfairly and overly suspicious of the LE in this case because I don't trust Gore. Period.

Gore has given me the heebie-jeebies ever since I read this article about how he lies and embellishes the truth...'When Gore was asked about the incidents in question, he was combative and claimed to not remember specific dates and questioned this reporter as to why a fact check was even needed. However, numerous discrepancies contained in San Diego news articles made it clear fact checking was necessary. '... http://www.examiner.com/article/num...iff-gore-s-account-regarding-his-fbi-exploits

So apparently I am guilty as well of hysteria and exaggeration. However, you are correct that there was no perjury here. The officers simply and correctly documented their findings.

Carioca, please accept my apology. My brain did not process your post correctly as I was off on a tangent as usual. Yes I totally agree with your point. The officers at the scene documented that only Rebecca and her sister were there. That was correct. I apologize again. I am unfairly and overly suspicious of the LE in this case because I don't trust Gore. Period.

Gore has given me the heebie-jeebies ever since I read this article about how he lies and embellishes the truth...'When Gore was asked about the incidents in question, he was combative and claimed to not remember specific dates and questioned this reporter as to why a fact check was even needed. However, numerous discrepancies contained in San Diego news articles made it clear fact checking was necessary. '... http://www.examiner.com/article/num...iff-gore-s-account-regarding-his-fbi-exploits

So apparently I am guilty as well of hysteria and exaggeration. However, you are correct that there was no perjury here. The officers simply and correctly documented their findings.

IMO, the statement that Rebecca and her sister were the only 2 present in/at the house gives an opening for the guest house and garage apartment......did they ever bother to look there for others who may know something? The entire property is made up of more than just the main house.

IMO, the statement that Rebecca and her sister were the only 2 present in/at the house gives an opening for the guest house and garage apartment......did they ever bother to look there for others who may know something? The entire property is made up of more than just the main house.

Inparadise, welcome back!!! I sure have missed you!!! I agree with what you wrote. Did LE even search the guest house or garage apartment? Also, they never mentioned the tenants in their report either.

But then why would they? For all intensive purposes it was an accident. LE did not know in advance how events would unfold to leave Rebecca dead a day and a half later.

Inparadise, welcome back!!! I sure have missed you!!! I agree with what you wrote. Did LE even search the guest house or garage apartment? Also, they never mentioned the tenants in their report either.

But then why would they? For all intensive purposes it was an accident. LE did not know in advance how events would unfold to leave Rebecca dead a day and a half later.

Thanks, I have missed everyone as well. When Rebecca's body was found, there were media reports about others in the guest house and the garage apartment.......then that suddenly died.

I also wonder if LE was aware that these people left after MS' horrible fall and before RZ was found dead on the property.

I'm sure this is an important detail. I also agree with you as to why were these people, who lived on the property not ever mentioned? Were they there the day MS fell? Were they simply renters or did they work for JS? Was anyone from their household home (in area of the estate where they lived) when poor MS fell?

Because MS fell in the main house, is that a distinction from the rest of the property? Wouldn't anyone, in residence on the property, any of it, be considered there at the time?

Always, MOO

I also wonder if LE was aware that these people left after MS' horrible fall and before RZ was found dead on the property.

I'm sure this is an important detail. I also agree with you as to why were these people, who lived on the property not ever mentioned? Were they there the day MS fell? Were they simply renters or did they work for JS? Was anyone from their household home (in area of the estate where they lived) when poor MS fell?

Because MS fell in the main house, is that a distinction from the rest of the property? Wouldn't anyone, in residence on the property, any of it, be considered there at the time?

Always, MOO

It is my understanding that they worked for JS.........they were gone quite quickly......

Welcome back In Paradise! So happy to have you again posting with lucid and pragmatic thoughts on these insanely investigated cases.

Always, MOO

I would not think the initial CPD investigation of Max's accident would have been delved into too deeply initially because the focus at that time was reviving and stabilizing him. Questions started emerging once Rebecca was found dead. That is when LE would have delved more deeply into the circumstances surrounding Max's accident. It is rather disappointinting that the press dropped their questions about the boarders though.

Thanks, I have missed everyone as well. When Rebecca's body was found, there were media reports about others in the guest house and the garage apartment.......then that suddenly died.

Thanks for reminding me about the tenants. I had forgotten about them.

There seems to be so many dropped balls on this case that it is hard to keep them all in mind when trying to formulate and communicate a thought or idea.

It is my understanding that they worked for JS.........they were gone quite quickly......

So....just to clarify, they were ON THE PROPERTY when MS fell, but gone by the time RZ was found dead on the same property.

I'm sure somewhere we have seen a layout of this estate (Lovely Lash?? Are you there, you are the BEST with these types of things) and that can show how close the "caretaker" area of the estate is to the main house? Surely, on that fateful morning the people in that part of the property must have been aware of all the activity going on when MS fell. That begs the question of why wasn't LE aware of them? Did LE take witness statements from them? Even if they didn't see MS fall (by all reports NO ONE did) then at least them being on the property should have triggered, at the very least a statement. Then, after they left immediately after MS' fall ANOTHER statement to account as to why they did so prior to RZ being found naked bound and gagged on the property.

I don't think, in any course of events, the live in staff of an estate would be asked to leave after a traumatic event occurring there. Of course RZ being found in a very suspicious condition less than 48 hours later... If in fact they were dismissed, there must have been a reason for that.

If we can find that schematic of the property, I'm pretty sure that it will show that all of the estate is in quite close quarters, regardless of it's size. This isn't a sprawling country estate. This is a oceanside home, albeit on a large lot. However, I doubt that LE would be oblivious to staff being there as well as the staff being oblivious to LE's presence.

This is ANOTHER unexplained situation in this case.

Always, MOO

ETA--are conversations with these people anywhere in RZ's phone records? Or did JS handle that while RZ was chauffeuring his ex wive's relatives and carrying their luggage? Do we know when they were told to leave?

I dont think this is a conspiracy or is viewed that way. Imo, it is a straight up revenge murder. Period.

Since Jonah hired Sitrick and Company for crisis management then they spin anyone who questions this into a conspiracy theorist. They do this to shame and embarrass them into silence. It's a tactic they use to throw the public off the scent.

This was a murder and no amount of spin will convince the average public that it wasn't.

Since the C&D letter was leaked some media venues may have voluntarily backed away. There are many murders and not all have the media interest to sell. Jonah is a millionarie but he's not famous. Most people never heard of him or Medicis.

A story involving a very famous person would be hard to supress beccause there would be alot of public interest and the story would sell. This particular situation is not a conspiracy at all but a murder with a very incompetent police investigation. Gore has already proved himself to be highly incompetent in previous cases so this is not new for him. I also question the success of Sitrick and Company. Jonah looks really bad in all this and for all the PR spin nothing they have done has improved his image much, imo.

I don't think a conspiracy either, I was just replying to Curious Georgia's post that asked that.

Hi freespeech - It was stated in the Search Warrants that only Rebecca and XZ were there and also stated by Lawton at the Sept. 2, 2011 Press Conference as per below:

Mike Lawton, Commander, Coronado Police Department
"The two people inside the house at the time the officers arrived were Rebecca Zahau and her 13-year-old sister as indicated before. They were the only persons inside the house."

Seeing as Rebecca's violent and suspicious death, preceded by little Max's tragic fatal fall, was an exceptionally significant event in the media worldwide and in Coronado history, I have always found it "interesting" that Coronado Chief of Police Chief Lou Scanlon was not present at the Press Conference. In Gore's words (of which I believe zip), "… Chief Lewis Scanlon would've been here today but he is on a scheduled trip out of the country…" Rather convenient IMO, thus avoiding any future accusations of perjury, perhaps?

Hi Carioca,
Again, I don't have a link, but way back on the first day I read a report about Max's death, there was a comment on Patch about a friend of GS's who said GS was gone before the EMT arrived. I think he said they were watching from the roof of another home nearby.

Welcome back! And as I posted above, a friend nearby said GS was gone before the EMT arrived. I wonder if there were other friends inside also before the accident, whether they saw anything or not, I wouldn't think it would be unusual to have friends over at that time of the morning.

Welcome back! And as I posted above, a friend nearby said GS was gone before the EMT arrived. I wonder if there were other friends inside also before the accident, whether they saw anything or not, I wouldn't think it would be unusual to have friends over at that time of the morning.

There were always lots of GS's friends from PV (hanging out at Spreckels) who were also summering in Coronado.. IMO, the wording that GS was gone before the EMTs arrived could likely mean that she was there when Max fell, but got the heck out of there before the first responders arrived.

Hi Carioca,
Again, I don't have a link, but way back on the first day I read a report about Max's death, there was a comment on Patch about a friend of GS's who said GS was gone before the EMT arrived. I think he said they were watching from the roof of another home nearby.

I saw those boys up there the day that Rebecca's body lay in the sun for 13+ hours......their behavior was absolutely disguistingand disrespectful: they were up there having a party, taking pictures of Rebecca, laughing, high-fiving each other, drinking beer, waving at people on the street, inviting others to come up and enjoy the view.

I saw those boys up there the day that Rebecca's body lay in the sun for 13+ hours......their behavior was absolutely disguistingand disrespectful: they were up there having a party, taking pictures of Rebecca, laughing, high-fiving each other, drinking beer, waving at people on the street, inviting others to come up and enjoy the view.
Amazing. I can't get my head around this, Inparadise, but thank you for the report. How in the round blue world did you manage not to throttle them all (if you did)? You must be a saint or something!
Such stunningly inappropriate behavior, so casually displayed! Psychopathic, I'd think, if it were just one 'boy', but I don't know what to call several of them together -a chaos? A doom? Maybe, like crows, a murder?

Why weren't they shocked? Why weren't they frightened? Why weren't they rendered somber and thoughtful by the reality of their own mortality, and saddened by the loss of a fellow human being, like the rest of us were?

I'm answering myself, which is probably prudent.
But damn.

Inparadise, would you know if the Nile's family lived in the guest house or the garage apartment. I had thought, and I don't know why, that they lived over the garage. However, early press releases stated that there were tenants in the guest house. I remember reading somewhere that the guest house tenants were asked to leave after Max's accident.

I wonder if Bremner has a handle on this aspect of the case. If the older kids were present when Max had his accident like Bremner allegeded to the press then they had multiple optional hiding places to shoot out to after the accident and with Jonah.

They could have gone to the guest or garage apartment, whichever was vacant, or even to the apartment with tenants. They could have also shot over to Howard's, Dina's or friend's homes or even to Jonah's boat.

The aspect of who was actually present for the accident is not totally clear but how it has been handled and documented gives the impression that Rebecca and Xena were the only ones present for the accident. In reality, however, apparently they were the only ones that the documenting police officer saw at the time of his arrival. The officer never documented whether he searched the premises to discover whether anyone else was around the vicinity.

I believe there was a call on Rebeca's cell phone from Carolyn Niles for the dates of Tuesday, 7/12 and Wednesday, 7/13 so apparently there was some contact and possibly Carolyn was aware of Max's accident and may have called to see how he was. This angle is still shady. I wish we had a statement from the Niles family. I wonder if LE interviewed them.

Amazing. I can't get my head around this, Inparadise, but thank you for the report. How in the round blue world did you manage not to throttle them all (if you did)? You must be a saint or something!
Such stunningly inappropriate behavior, so casually displayed! Psychopathic, I'd think, if it were just one 'boy', but I don't know what to call several of them together -a chaos? A doom? Maybe, like crows, a murder?

Why weren't they shocked? Why weren't they frightened? Why weren't they rendered somber and thoughtful by the reality of their own mortality, and saddened by the loss of a fellow human being, like the rest of us were?

I'm answering myself, which is probably prudent.
But damn.

Well, these kids are from PV, and many of them behave badly: underage drinking on a regular basis, mixing prescription drugs (that are not theirs) with alcohol.....they have a sense of entitlement, and IMO and experience, their parents are a large part of the problem by not only enabling it, but by encouraging such behavior. Yes, I did want to "throttle" those boys.

Inparadise, would you know if the Nile's family lived in the guest house or the garage apartment. I had thought, and I don't know why, that they lived over the garage. However, early press releases stated that there were tenants in the guest house. I remember reading somewhere that the guest house tenants were asked to leave after Max's accident.

I wonder if Bremner has a handle on this aspect of the case. If the older kids were present when Max had his accident like Bremner allegeded to the press then they had multiple optional hiding places to shoot out to after the accident and with Jonah.

They could have gone to the guest or garage apartment, whichever was vacant, or even to the apartment with tenants. They could have also shot over to Howard's, Dina's or friend's homes or even to Jonah's boat.

The aspect of who was actually present for the accident is not totally clear but how it has been handled and documented gives the impression that Rebecca and Xena were the only ones present for the accident. In reality, however, apparently they were the only ones that the documenting police officer saw at the time of his arrival. The officer never documented whether he searched the premises to discover whether anyone else was around the vicinity.

I believe there was a call on Rebeca's cell phone from Carolyn Niles for the dates of Tuesday, 7/12 and Wednesday, 7/13 so apparently there was some contact and possibly Carolyn was aware of Max's accident and may have called to see how he was. This angle is still shady. I wish we had a statement from the Niles family. I wonder if LE interviewed them.

They lived in the garage apartment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member