Rebecca's cell phone records

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a good summarhe findingy of this case anywhere?
Welcome to Websleuths, HedyRed!
Here's a link to Wikipedia's version (which is actually not bad):

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Rebecca_Zahau"]Death of Rebecca Zahau - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Also, Maxfield Shacknai, son of uber-wealthy Jonah and his ex wife Dina Romano, was critically injured two days prior to Rebecca's death; he died July 16, 2011. Rebecca and her younger, visiting, sister, were home when Maxie was injured; his father had gone to the gym.

Many people feel that the two are connected. Rebecca's family doesn't believe she committed suicide, and have asked that the case be reopened in light of unconsidered evidence. Maxie's mother disagrees with the official finding that Maxie's death was an accident, and police have recently refused to reopen his case.

So....just to clarify, they were ON THE PROPERTY when MS fell, but gone by the time RZ was found dead on the same property.

I'm sure somewhere we have seen a layout of this estate (Lovely Lash?? Are you there, you are the BEST with these types of things) and that can show how close the "caretaker" area of the estate is to the main house? Surely, on that fateful morning the people in that part of the property must have been aware of all the activity going on when MS fell. That begs the question of why wasn't LE aware of them? Did LE take witness statements from them? Even if they didn't see MS fall (by all reports NO ONE did) then at least them being on the property should have triggered, at the very least a statement. Then, after they left immediately after MS' fall ANOTHER statement to account as to why they did so prior to RZ being found naked bound and gagged on the property.

I don't think, in any course of events, the live in staff of an estate would be asked to leave after a traumatic event occurring there. Of course RZ being found in a very suspicious condition less than 48 hours later... If in fact they were dismissed, there must have been a reason for that.

If we can find that schematic of the property, I'm pretty sure that it will show that all of the estate is in quite close quarters, regardless of it's size. This isn't a sprawling country estate. This is a oceanside home, albeit on a large lot. However, I doubt that LE would be oblivious to staff being there as well as the staff being oblivious to LE's presence.

This is ANOTHER unexplained situation in this case.

Always, MOO

ETA--are conversations with these people anywhere in RZ's phone records? Or did JS handle that while RZ was chauffeuring his ex wive's relatives and carrying their luggage? Do we know when they were told to leave?

Does this help?

http://www.sandiegoreader.com/photos/2011/sep/13/16909/

There were always lots of GS's friends from PV (hanging out at Spreckels) who were also summering in Coronado.. IMO, the wording that GS was gone before the EMTs arrived could likely mean that she was there when Max fell, but got the heck out of there before the first responders arrived.

That was the impression I also got from his comment.

I saw those boys up there the day that Rebecca's body lay in the sun for 13+ hours......their behavior was absolutely disguistingand disrespectful: they were up there having a party, taking pictures of Rebecca, laughing, high-fiving each other, drinking beer, waving at people on the street, inviting others to come up and enjoy the view.

That is disgusting. I could understand them watching other events - like EMT arriving, cops walking around and like that. But not laughing and taking pictures of poor Rebecca. :(

That is disgusting. I could understand them watching other events - like EMT arriving, cops walking around and like that. But not laughing and taking pictures of poor Rebecca. :(

No, those boys were still up there in the middle of the afternoon. It was absolutely disguisting. I would like to know why their parents allowed them to be up there, given the circumstances. I wonder how the parents feel about their teenagers behavior that day. I think that it speaks volumes about their lack of respect for women in general.

No, those boys were still up there in the middle of the afternoon. It was absolutely disguisting. I would like to know why their parents allowed them to be up there, given the circumstances. I wonder how the parents feel about their teenagers behavior that day. I think that it speaks volumes about their lack of respect for women in general.

Possibly, they did not view Rebecca as a human being. However, since she was it makes you wonder how hideously disassociated these youngsters are. They apparently lack compassion and a human connection. It's scary but it sounds like they may have future careers as monsters and psychopaths.

Possibly, they did not view Rebecca as a human being. However, since she was it makes you wonder how hideously disassociated these youngsters are. They apparently lack compassion and a human connection. It's scary but it sounds like they may have future careers as monsters and psychopaths.

IMO, they saw it as "entertainment".

The inappropriate callous reactions of the teens lead me to question whether racism was at play. Is there a lot of anti-Asian racism among the teens residing in the Shacknai neighborhood?

If yes, this may be why Sheriff Gore felt he could get away with a shoddy investigation and expedient closure of the case with the absurd ruling of suicide. He didn't believe there'd be such a huge fall out and a loud public outcry about poor Rebecca's murder.

The inappropriate callous reactions of the teens lead me to question whether racism was at play. Is there a lot of anti-Asian racism among the teens residing in the Shacknai neighborhood?

If yes, this may be why Sheriff Gore felt he could get away with a shoddy investigation and expedient closure of the case with the absurd ruling of suicide. He didn't believe there'd be such a huge fall out and a loud public outcry about poor Rebecca's murder.

PV is filled with a lot of materialistic people, and they tend to look down on others who are not part of their "clan".........it's more than anti-Asian, although there are plenty of Asian-Americans living in PV.........

PV is filled with a lot of materialistic people, and they tend to look down on others who are not part of their "clan".........it's more than anti-Asian, although there are plenty of Asian-Americans living in PV.........

Anti-class warfare? Weren't the Romano twins poor growing up? Weren't they adopted?

Anti-class warfare? Weren't the Romano twins poor growing up? Weren't they adopted?

Yes, the twins were adopted. I do believe that their adopted parents lived a comfortable life style, but certainly nothing like Dina's lifestyle with Jonah.

Yes, the twins were adopted. I do believe that their adopted parents lived a comfortable life style, but certainly nothing like Dina's lifestyle with Jonah.

This case is replete with tragic irony.

Wasn't Jonah's family middle class also? I never got the impression that his parents were wealthy. However, they did send both their sons to college.

Didn't Adam also live in Arizona and work for Medicis maybe 10-15 years ago. It seems he didn't always work on a tugboat out in Tennessee.

Wasn't Jonah's family middle class also? I never got the impression that his parents were wealthy. However, they did send both their sons to college.

Didn't Adam also live in Arizona and work for Medicis maybe 10-15 years ago. It seems he didn't always work on a tugboat out in Tennessee.

Yes, the parents were middle class, lived in Suffern, NY near West Point. Jonah's mother, who died in May of 1999 after a long illness. Selma was a teacher and therapist. His father is remarried to a much younger woman. Jonah graduated from Colgate and Georgetown University Law School (night program), and Adam from George Washington University in DC. Adam was a loner, and what I know about him is that he always worked on tug boats in memphis.........I could be wrong, but there are no public records of him ever working for Medicis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay