Related Issues and Food for Thought

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the people that deny the reality of the situation, and all the evidence against DM to date, will naturally face the biggest surprise as reality crashes down on them and DM is convicted of all three murders.

Yes I also think those that deny any reality and proven fact as it comes to light will maybe deny that it is so, if they already feel they have the answers. I guess we shall have to wait and see.

Yes I also think those that deny any reality and proven fact as it comes to light will maybe deny that it is so, if they already feel they have the answers. I guess we shall have to wait and see.

Well remember: LE had probable cause to arrest DM, LE had probable cause to charge DM, and then LE found that they had strong enough evidence to request a Direct Indictment.

That means they are not short on evidence.

Well remember: LE had probable cause to arrest DM, LE had probable cause to charge DM, and then LE found that they had strong enough evidence to request a Direct Indictment.

That means they are not short on evidence.

That remains to be seen IMO. It depends on how weak or relevant that evidence may be. Or what may be able to counter it. JMO

That's interesting. I wonder how it can be cheaper to take milk, process it until it is a powder and then again to transform it back into a liquid, than it is just to use the milk as it is in the first place. Surely the dehydration process takes machinery and heat and electricity and time and space and people, and that stuff isn't free. Neither is the water that will be used to reconstitute it. How can that be cheaper than just taking the same original product and serving it as is? This doesn't sound right to me, personally, I imagine that someone is getting their back scratched in this deal, and that may put a lot of smaller family farms out of business.

That's interesting. I wonder how it can be cheaper to take milk, process it until it is a powder and then again to transform it back into a liquid, than it is just to use the milk as it is in the first place. Surely the dehydration process takes machinery and heat and electricity and time and space and people, and that stuff isn't free. Neither is the water that will be used to reconstitute it. How can that be cheaper than just taking the same original product and serving it as is? This doesn't sound right to me, personally, I imagine that someone is getting their back scratched in this deal, and that may put a lot of smaller family farms out of business.

BBM

It sure as heck isn't! I had to buy some powdered milk for a recipe a short time ago and was shocked at the price!

In addition, milk powder is used in areas where weight reduction and nonperishable food value is placed, for example, in recreational outdoor sector or in disaster areas.

Advantages are the storage facility for extended periods (in paper bags around six months), therefore it is to rest from emergency reserves suitable that low storage costs (little space, no tanks and no refrigeration required), the resulting good transportation of the milk powder, as well as the opportunity in a much shorter time by using kettles of hot milk drinks (eg. as hot Chocolate) to prepare.

Google translation of http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milchpulver

Here's some "food" for thought: After DM is incarcerated for his crimes, he will never taste fresh milk again. All federal prisons are switching to powdered milk

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...o-powdered-milk-which-should-save-3-1m-a-year

Yum!

Anything to save taxpayers money when it comes to housing criminals meets my approval. :thumb:

Random thought, I've often wondered what some food inmates must crave while incarcerated: A big, fat, juicy steak, prime rib, a rack of barbecued ribs, lobster, fast foods, junk food, pizza, momma's home cooked meals? Just the fact they have to wait for their bland meals to be delivered to them, not able to go to the kitchen and eat whenever they are hungry.

When they're not craving foods, wonder what other things they crave or dream about being able to do again? I'm sure their lists are endless. I would imagine many try to avoid these thoughts and occupy their minds with more realistic thought to do with their current living situation. MOO.

Now he spends his days in his own mind, he says. He volunteered to work in the prison kitchen, “but they won’t let me.” He doesn’t elaborate.
His days in solitary are spent reading and practising yoga.
“I spend time outside the cell in my head,” he says. “I re-enact movies in my head. It was Jurassic Park last night.”
And he devises business ideas.
At the moment, he’s onto an idea about which he’s gained some valuable real-life experience in jail: living in small quarters.
“I’ve been thinking about a project on submarine living spaces. I spend my time thinking, reading, doing things that are useful.”

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...didnt_kill_tim_bosma_exclusive_interview.html

And on a completely different topic here's BASE jumper DP who just died speaking on what it means to be an adrenaline junkie and the culture of BASE jumpers:

I have seen how it is unhealthy to need things too much. I rarely drink. I don’t smoke pot, even though it is very common in our culture. I used to, but as I have aged, I don’t, because I don’t want to need a drug and I have refined my eating to no sugars, no gluten, and taken good care of my health, and then to bring this onto the extreme arts that I do, I have seen many of my friends die because they needed it. They couldn’t live without it. And I think even though my reputation might be I need it, and I do it all the time, but if you know me, you know I am the conservative one. I do all these extreme things, but I am also the one to know to go for a dog walk if my intuition is telling me that today is not the right day. Or where other guys will jump, I’ll say it is too windy, or I am walking back down, or I’ll wait it out. I lot of people they do get into this need it: every day, twice a day, five times a day — stick the needle in, pretty much — and I try and not try to get that way myself, though I do fail.

But I am 42 now. I try to be more balanced.

The news is littered with stories of the deaths of these types of guys (and girls). I've been fascinated reading up on the mindset of these people.

It makes me think back to the beginning when the first pics of DM that came out were of him racing and skydiving. (BASE jumper DP managed to marry a woman in the same profession. DM went skydiving with CN) and the Sun helpfully warned that TB's murder could have been a thrill kill:

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/16/tim-bosmas-murder-may-have-been-thrill-kill-source

Adrenaline junkies. Just as the BASE jumpers block out thoughts of death, DM must have been able to block out the fear of arrest. Then reality struck like a rock cliff:

“He’s not somebody who’s been in jail, or used to jail. He’s very very concerned and distraught,” Paradkar said of Millard.

...and that was before the powdered milk thing. Oh well, as Marie Antoinette said, let them drink soymilk.

The second thing I found interesting is that a lot of the people in this culture are into using pot (which immediately makes me think of MS smoking j's on his momma's porch). On a milder scale I'm reminded of Olympic gold medal winner RR who lost and re-won his medal after the decision that “Marijuana is not a performance-enhancing drug and in fact does the contrary” which is ironic now that RR is on the circuit now saying that it is a performance enhancing drug.

http://whitelines.com/features/interviews/ross-rebagliati-words.html

Seems to me Noudga was also an adrenaline junkie, skydiving and such. JMO A perfect match for DM IMO.

I wonder how much coke was floating between all of DM's condos and other properties?

Well the studies have been done and the government has come to the conclusion it will save them millions. There is good reason why some households use it...the cost savings. Wonder if WM bought powder milk? Maybe DM has acquired a taste for it? The change may not bother DM. The prisons would buy it in huge quantities which would be a savings. Doing away with regular deliveries of fresh milk would also be a savings. Milk is required for many recipes, therefore using the powdered milk would also allow the prisons to again save money.

Speaking of water, someone needs to come up with a solid solution in which prisoners cannot deliberately rig their toilets causing flooding. Think of the waste of water in those situations. Maybe showers could be cut back to two per week instead of the norm three to four a week. Maybe having the prisoners wear their prison garb for two or three days would also save on water usage and costs for detergents, water and hydro. Allow the prisoners shampoo and soap only once a week, seriously how dirty can they actually get sitting in their cells. Maybe DM is already being frugal in prison... greasy hair. I would definitely take away cable TV, better yet TVs themselves, lights out an hour earlier. I think I'll sign up for the prison board that comes up with cost efficiency as I can come up with numerous ways to cut costs :D MOO.

Well there was another interesting article in the Post about administrative segregation - they've had one guy in solitary for 17 years

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...r-that-length-of-time-is-very-hard-to-justify

This article mentions the plight of PB, who was housed in the cell beside the cop that flung poo:

Exactly what the 25-year police veteran did behind bars remains a mystery, but it was enough to disturb and depress his maximum-security prison neighbours, including Bernardo, two justice system sources said.

I honestly don't think people have it easy when they go to prison. The government used to run prison farms where prisoners could work, and the farms probably supplied a lot of the milk for the prison system. They have since discontinued that program. http://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/canada-to-shut-down-all-prison-farms/

This is all part of Harper's tough on crime approach I guess, no? No more "hug-a-****" (Conservative MP RA's words for it in the milk article.)

Powdered milk isnt cheaper.

If jails are using powdered milk I am guessing its so that it has a longer shelf life. Inmates rarely get fresh milk anyway, coffee and tea are not made with fresh milk. Eggs are powdered.

Personally I find it quite nauseating to think that human beings are treated so poorly before they have a chance to prove their innocence. I couldn't advocate for poor treatment of my fellow man it would disgust me. You have to wonder who proposes such unhealthy environments, it speaks to the type of negative inclination of those individuals. I expect it is the board of whatever that has no first hand knowledge of anything connected to jail life or health for that matter. Just my opinion.

Many inmates are proven innocent and many more are sitting in jails because of some breach ie. talking to a friend...

I personally think we should be remembering that. I don't think it is healthy to gloat over the misfortune of others whatever the reason. Over time people adapt to environments so I expect they are able to detach from the world outside of jail and focus on the here and now. It is probably the only way to survive in jails in my opinion.

Well there was another interesting article in the Post about administrative segregation - they've had one guy in solitary for 17 years

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...r-that-length-of-time-is-very-hard-to-justify

This article mentions the plight of PB, who was housed in the cell beside the cop that flung poo:

I honestly don't think people have it easy when they go to prison. The government used to run prison farms where prisoners could work, and the farms probably supplied a lot of the milk for the prison system. They have since discontinued that program. http://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/canada-to-shut-down-all-prison-farms/

This is all part of Harper's tough on crime approach I guess, no? No more "hug-a-****" (Conservative MP RA's words for it in the milk article.)

Suspecting that prisoner who has spent 17 years in segregation is PB IMHO he deserves nothing better. I have no sympathy for anyone who deliberately murders others. PB has been incarcerated since early 1993, and was sentenced September 1995. I am guessing the first few years of his sentence he may have been allowed certain privileges, but something changed all that, now he's been in segregation for the past 17 years? I have to feel for the victims who have lost their loved ones due to these evil monsters. Look what has been taken from them and the he!! they have to live with on a daily basis after losing their loved ones.

I agree Snooper, I don't think some have it easy in prison either but hey, it's not like criminals don't know what they were headed for if caught for breaking the laws. IMO I think some have it too easy in prison also and part of the reason why they become repeat offenders. All MOO.

Powdered milk isnt cheaper.

If jails are using powdered milk I am guessing its so that it has a longer shelf life. Inmates rarely get fresh milk anyway, coffee and tea are not made with fresh milk. Eggs are powdered.

Personally I find it quite nauseating to think that human beings are treated so poorly before they have a chance to prove their innocence. I couldn't advocate for poor treatment of my fellow man it would disgust me. You have to wonder who proposes such unhealthy environments, it speaks to the type of negative inclination of those individuals. I expect it is the board of whatever that has no first hand knowledge of anything connected to jail life or health for that matter. Just my opinion.
Certainly it can be cheaper. Guess it all depends how one utilizes it. MOO.

How is giving powdered milk to inmates considered poor treatment? Those awaiting trial housed in jails are likely better off in many ways then those already convicted. It's the federal prisons that are switching to powdered milk. MOO.

How to Use Powdered Milk to Save Money
http://www.home-ec101.com/how-to-use-powdered-milk-to-save-money/

To quickly outline the benefits of powdered milk:

*Lasts FOREVER (compared to liquid milk) – the 1 kg bag I got is good until Nov 2009.
*Easier to get home (lighter in powdered form)
*Easier to stockpile (you don’t have to run to the store when you realize you’re out of milk, you just mix up some more)
*Cheaper (it’s about $0.90 / L) – might be possible to buy it for even less if you bought in bulk
*You can control the “creaminess” (mix it to taste like skim or 2%, just by adding more or less water)
*Great in an emergency (if you can’t buy milk for a few days because of a natural disaster, just mix your own)
*Easier to cook with
*As nutritious as regular milk (according to some sites I’ve checked on)

http://www.moneysmartsblog.com/the-great-powdered-milk-experiment/

And on a completely different topic here's BASE jumper DP who just died speaking on what it means to be an adrenaline junkie and the culture of BASE jumpers:

The news is littered with stories of the deaths of these types of guys (and girls). I've been fascinated reading up on the mindset of these people.

It makes me think back to the beginning when the first pics of DM that came out were of him racing and skydiving. (BASE jumper DP managed to marry a woman in the same profession. DM went skydiving with CN) and the Sun helpfully warned that TB's murder could have been a thrill kill:

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/16/tim-bosmas-murder-may-have-been-thrill-kill-source

Adrenaline junkies. Just as the BASE jumpers block out thoughts of death, DM must have been able to block out the fear of arrest. Then reality struck like a rock cliff:

Oscar Pistorius is ‘crying himself to sleep at night in prison’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-crying-sleep-night-prison.html#ixzz3aY6mKshG

...and that was before the powdered milk thing. Oh well, as Marie Antoinette said, let them drink soymilk.

The second thing I found interesting is that a lot of the people in this culture are into using pot (which immediately makes me think of MS smoking j's on his momma's porch). On a milder scale I'm reminded of Olympic gold medal winner RR who lost and re-won his medal after the decision that “Marijuana is not a performance-enhancing drug and in fact does the contrary” which is ironic now that RR is on the circuit now saying that it is a performance enhancing drug.

http://whitelines.com/features/interviews/ross-rebagliati-words.html

bbm black/red:

I'm immediately thinking of O. Pistorius (and his killing of Reeva), when I'm reading "Adrenaline junkie" ............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Badge 1187