Related Issues and Food for Thought

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The trial was originally scheduled to start on September 28, 2015. Then when they had the closed door session back in February, that trial date was "vacated" and a new date set for January 11, 2016. The reason given was partly to allow for a longer time for the pretrial motions, which were scheduled for April 30th, May 1st and September 28th.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2015/02/25/bosma-trial-delayed-to-early-2016.html

But when they didn't finish the pretrials on May 1st, "in the two days provided", another hearing date was set for May 26th.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/tim-bosma-case-back-in-court-at-end-of-may-1.3057742

Does that mean the pretrials are now finished and the September 28th date is now open? Could the closed door hearing have been about delaying the trial to allow the others to proceed first? Is that why the Judge told the lawyers to "go and talk" on the break?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?272812-Tim-Bosma-Dellen-Millard-amp-Mark-Smich-chgd-w-Murder-Christina-Noudga-Accessory-3&p=11515919#post11515919

It's confusing, but I think they said that they hadn't finished the pre-trial motions and that they would still continue in September? But that was for the Bosma case, from what I can tell, not the other two. They wouldn't have the same judges, so I doubt that the date could be used for one of the other cases it wasn't scheduled for, but I'm not a lawyer, I don't know how that works.

http://www.cp24.com/news/toronto-po...about-project-pharaoh-investigation-1.2407828

At a news conference Thursday, members of Toronto police’s gun and gang task force said 50 search warrants were executed inside and outside the GTA early Thursday morning as part of the investigation, which targeted members of a mid-level gang called the ‘Monstarz.’
According to police, the gang is linked to drug and firearms trafficking in addition to violent crimes in the city.

The areas connected are the same as with the bosma/LB case thats for sure. It looks like a right intricate and interesting group of people too:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...d-during-project-pharaoh-gang-raids-1.3101898

After reading that, I think anything is possible in that area. JMO

:what:

The areas connected are the same as with the bosma/LB case thats for sure. It looks like a right intricate and interesting group of people too:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...d-during-project-pharaoh-gang-raids-1.3101898

Huh?? So are you trying to plant a seed of doubt DM is not responsible for LB and TB's murders, trying to indicate their murders were gang affiliated?

JMHO but your seed of doubt will not sprout. This gang nor any other gang had anything to do with LB and TB's murders. The only gang connection to this case is MWJ who DM purchased a gun(s) from and MS the wannabe gangster. IMO that theory is about as believable as saying TB was a gang member. :lol:

When DM finally gets his days in court, it will be proven the motive behind the three murders connected and carried out by DM occurred because of greed/money and people who stood in his way of getting what he wanted and that he is a psychopath who loves only himself. To murder his own father and then say, “He was probably the person I loved most in the world, even more than myself,” says so much about who DM is.

All MOO.

Behind Toronto's gangs. HTH.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/static/national/toronto-murders/index.html?id=8

[video=youtube;yYe1LW-3W1s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYe1LW-3W1s[/video]

Wow, and already on paid suspension for 3 years. That's unreal.

Love the name - Monstarz. Kind of like Say10. ;)

They've been busy. Project Phoenix was only two days earlier.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2015/06/03/19-arrested-in-gta-raids-targeting-ndrangheta-crime-families.html

It's confusing, but I think they said that they hadn't finished the pre-trial motions and that they would still continue in September? But that was for the Bosma case, from what I can tell, not the other two. They wouldn't have the same judges, so I doubt that the date could be used for one of the other cases it wasn't scheduled for, but I'm not a lawyer, I don't know how that works.

I'm not sure. They originally did have 3 dates, counting the September one. But then said that, since they didn't get finished in the two days, that they set a 3rd date for May 26th. When the May 26th hearing was held, we heard nothing other than that SC spent the long day in court and couldn't report anything. You would think she could at least have reported whether the pretrials were now done or would still continue in September. If May 26th wasn't to finish the pretrial, then why did that extra date need to be set? Why not just finish in September as planned originally?

I realize that these hearings are for the Bosma case and the others will be in Toronto with a different judge. But they would still need to clear the date in Hamilton so that DM and MS could attend the preliminary hearing in Toronto. They can't book them the same dates in two different jurisdictions. So what I was getting at was, if they want the other trials to proceed first, they would delay this one (which they did until January) to let the others go through.

The confusion seems to be with the September 28th date and whether the pretrials were to take 3 days or 4 days. September was originally the date the actual trial was to start. That was then postponed until January and the September 28th date was listed as the third and final date for the pretrials. But then a third date for the pretrials already happened on May 26th. At that time, it was said that hearing was because they didn't finish in the "two days provided". Unless they still didn't finish in the three days, what else would the September date now be for? Maybe they only meant the "two days" that were provided together and they now expect the pretrials to last for four days. :confused:

JMO

Huh?? So are you trying to plant a seed of doubt DM is not responsible for LB and TB's murders, trying to indicate their murders were gang affiliated?

JMHO but your seed of doubt will not sprout. This gang nor any other gang had anything to do with LB and TB's murders. The only gang connection to this case is MWJ who DM purchased a gun(s) from and MS the wannabe gangster. IMO that theory is about as believable as saying TB was a gang member. :lol:

When DM finally gets his days in court, it will be proven the motive behind the three murders connected and carried out by DM occurred because of greed/money and people who stood in his way of getting what he wanted and that he is a psychopath who loves only himself. To murder his own father and then say, “He was probably the person I loved most in the world, even more than myself,” says so much about who DM is.

All MOO.

I am no more planting a seed of doubt than others do when they claim to know that DM is a psychopathic murderer without any real evidence to support that claim. MOO

With respect, you do not know whether or not a gang had anything to do with the alleged murder of LB or the TB event. I am happy to accept that your opinion is your opinion. By writing 'LOL' and mocking someone elses opinion or post it comes across as offensive. FWIW.

I do understand that some here are fully convinced way before the trial that DM is the only guilty party ... the thing is that many also don't agree that it is the only viable option. While I dont agree with certain opinions, I don't mock or ridicule them. May I politely ask that others do the same....TIA

Wow, and already on paid suspension for 3 years. That's unreal.

Love the name - Monstarz. Kind of like Say10. ;)

They've been busy. Project Phoenix was only two days earlier.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2015/06/03/19-arrested-in-gta-raids-targeting-ndrangheta-crime-families.html

I noticed the 3 years paid vacation too, and thought, gee, if anyone else had been accused of a crime they might lose their job and face trial and a criminal record, but I guess if you're LE and you are accused of a crime, it's easier than working for a living, literally. Just my opinion only.

Neither suspect in this case has been identified as belonging to a gang (street, biker or organized) so I do not believe this case has anything to do with Project Pharoah. In most gang related murders, the victim's are known to the gang members and no effort is made to conceal the murder.

MOO

Neither suspect in this case has been identified as belonging to a gang (street, biker or organized) so I do not believe this case has anything to do with Project Pharoah. In most gang related murders, the victim's are known to the gang members and no effort is made to conceal the murder.

MOO

Until the trial, a lot of things may not be identified/revealed. So I do not believe we should be ruling out anything that may be a possibility. We have no idea who may have known whom. Brushing aside anything that does not evolve from newspaper articles stifles any debate or discussion, leaving only posts that suggest DM is a three time murderer. I don't see how proper sleuthing can be done when every suggestion, except the ones pointing directly to DM, are viewed with contempt. This thread is called food for thought, which in my opinion leaves the door open for new and controversial suggestions. Gang related murders are often covered up and the perpetrators try to avoid detection. IMO

Until the trial, a lot of things may not be identified/revealed. So I do not believe we should be ruling out anything that may be a possibility. We have no idea who may have known whom. Brushing aside anything that does not evolve from newspaper articles stifles any debate or discussion, leaving only posts that suggest DM is a three time murderer. I don't see how proper sleuthing can be done when every suggestion, except the ones pointing directly to DM, are viewed with contempt. This thread is called food for thought, which in my opinion leaves the door open for new and controversial suggestions. Gang related murders are often covered up and the perpetrators try to avoid detection. IMO

I guess it's a good thing then that LE don't investigate cases in that manner and just stick to the facts and evidence at hand. Wild speculation, without any evidence or facts, about other possibilities on the part of LE could lead to an innocent person(s) being charged IMO.

FWIW, DM lived most of his life very close to the Rexdale area and MS did not. Neither lived in Hamilton. But at this time, without any indication that LE believe any gang activity was involved in any of the murders, I still do not believe that either of them were a member of a street gang based on the initial queries for info by members of the media to people who knew them and by court records.

MOO

I won't argue that its a bad thing to explore everything. This latest bust is serious business. I am curious how you might see this bust potentially fitting the TB and/or LB/WM murder scenario?

I won't argue that its a bad thing to explore everything. This latest bust is serious business. I am curious how you might see this bust potentially fitting the TB and/or LB/WM murder scenario?

BBM - I agree Hoping, but within reason. There is nothing about LB, WM and TB's cases to indicate gang affiliation other than what I mentioned above in another post. Doesn't mean others cannot go in that direction, but IMHO it's a waste of time. Unless someone wants to suggest DM suffered from multiple personality disorder and he, himself and him were a gang on their own... well I guess that could be a consideration. But then we're talking about mental disorder and IIRC that thread was locked. :gathering: [modsnip]

I don't have the time now to check out, gather data how many possible gangs there are within the Hamilton/Niagara, GTA (other then the outdated YT video I linked above). Not to dismiss how many gang related bust of this nature happen each year in those areas. So to suggest after over two years, after the three murders (all connected to DM), LE are just now getting around to busting this one suggestively linked to victims link to DM, seems over the top IMO.

[modsnip] ALL MOO.

I for myself would be pleased, IF DM isn't a psychopath and murderer, no triple/no double/no single murderer. Don't ask me, why. When the TB murder happened, I couldn't believe someone like DM would senseless do this to another human. You know, I'm German and have zero connection to Canada and the people there (only interest in some cases). I don't know DM/MS/CN/MWJ/TB. IF DM isn't innocent, he has to get a lifelong sentence, IMO. Certainly MS also, IF he was an accomplice or even the murderer.

Why I posted the news article about the police raid: I could imagine, MS (and MWJ) is the character to be a member of a small gang (sorry to MS and MWJ), not a violently gang but a gang circling around drugs and weapons - yes, maybe. MS seems to be a nice guy, when I look at some pics. But IMO, he knows less to begin with his life as an adult than eg DM. I also think he's a bit unruly, just to be unruly. All my not objective opinion.

I guess it's a good thing then that LE don't investigate cases in that manner and just stick to the facts and evidence at hand. Wild speculation, without any evidence or facts, about other possibilities on the part of LE could lead to an innocent person(s) being charged IMO.

FWIW, DM lived most of his life very close to the Rexdale area and MS did not. Neither lived in Hamilton. But at this time, without any indication that LE believe any gang activity was involved in any of the murders, I still do not believe that either of them were a member of a street gang based on the initial queries for info by members of the media to people who knew them and by court records.

MOO

Just to be clear, we are not working with LE. We are writing on a forum and the title includes Food for thought. We are not privy to any information other than what has been told by LE back in 2013, and subsequent updates by the media, which is not always a reliable source IMO. All posts here are speculative, they have to be as no disclosure has been supplied to us and as yet the defense position is unknown. Innocent people have been charge and convicted by speculative police information. <modsnip> JMO

I am also not suggesting that DM was involved in any gang activity.

That does not IMO rule out a connect to gangs in this case.HTH. All MOO

FWIW, MS didn't always live in Oakville. And he seems to have a pretty close connection to MWJ, who in turn seems to be somewhat involved in drugs and weapons.

JMO

I agree that the latest bust(s) are a serious business and may involve quite a large area and a lot of people. The focus of these gangs is money, control and power and as we can see, a police officer is in the mix.. ( may be more, such people don't usually act alone IMO, JMO ) It has been mentioned in the press and online that such infiltrations often involve positions of authority, but I wont go further down that line of thought, for a few reasons.

Gangs often involve other countries and a valuable commodity is usually at the core. I believe the drug/and other trafficking connections are at the core of this case, with a goal to acquire beneficial assets. I think such gangs will seek out people, businesses etc that can be useful to them. An airport is highly useful IMO. Also how the witnesses were on cue is highly interesting to me.... but thats just my opinion.

I believe the Millards were/are a genuine family who have been caught up in something that is out of their depth. They have been used on many levels IMO. <modsnip> All MOO .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeofLife