Remains found confirmed as Jacob Wetterling/Suspect led LE to Remains #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where were Heinrich's parents the night this loser took Jacob? Did he take Jacob back to his house-whereever he was staying which I believe was with his mother-or did he drive Jacob somewhere to do his dirty deeds? Still looks like LE and everyone totally dropped the ball here. They had enough evidence to charge DH in the JS assault. Too many coincidences involved with clothes, shoes, car, police scanner. I wonder if the scanner DH had still had the duck tape on it? That is why we have jury trials. Charge him, collect the evidence and let a jury decide if he is guilty. Just dont drop charges and let this scum bag off. What a total failure of justice here.

If they found the clothes along with the remains, it seems likely that he was killed shortly after the abduction. Just speculation. Also interesting that they didn't find anything in Heinrich's place that tied him to Jacob.

Wow I'm quite annoyed with my self for only just finding out today. I didn't think he would ever be found.

All I can think about is what it must have been like to uncover him and see the 80s style clothing. Though after seeing Caylee's evidence I don't expect it would be in good shape.

I'm so sorry to the family. I'm sure they are very lost right now.

"In 1994, the federal government enacted the Jacob Wetterling Crimes Against Children Act, which required states to create registries to track sex offenders and those who commit crimes against children....

His parents are grandparents now and founders of the Jacob Wetterling Resource Center, dedicated to helping other missing and hurting children

On the center’s website Saturday morning was the following message:

We are in deep grief. We didn’t want Jacob’s story to end this way. In this moment of pain and shock, we go back to the beginning. The Wetterlings had a choice to walk into bitterness and anger or to walk into a light of what could be, a light of hope. Their choice changed the world.”

http://www.startribune.com/wetterling-suspect-leads-officials-to-unidentified-remains/392238471/#1

:anguish:

Once again you give us a beautiful message Inthedetails.

Your posts are always insightful but more importantly filled with compassion and kindness. Thank you for this during this very sad time.

There is a book by WS sleuther ELOC soul known as Robert
Dudley on Amazon that has all of this info. The money does not go to him. He is the one who found,the notes about,Heinrich. Notes that were thought to be lost.

Thanks for the information. I just looked at the book on Amazon....it is selling for $126. I am going to see if my local library carries it.

Can anyone post a google map of where his remains were found?

They haven't provided an exact address, but by elimination it appears to be in this area. This is also the same area I found a few months ago as a likely area of the Jared attack. FWIW.

most_Probable_Area_Of_Remains_008.jpg

Someone must have known that he did this. It will be interesting to see if anyone else in implicated.
I hope that, as part of the plea deal, he revealed exactly what happened that night. I think that may help facilitate closure for the parents. The idea of not knowing what happened to your child is horrific.
I cant believe that this dumb *advertiser censored* was able to pull this off by himself. He used the same m.o. on all his other attacks and doesn't strike me as one who could improvise once his plans went awry.

Good question. Who knew? I seem to recall that he lived with his mother at the time of the abduction itself, then a few weeks later moved to his father's house. FWIW.

Well there are no other missing boys in his age group in Central MN, or MN that I know of in this time period.

Closest ones I know of is in Des Moines, a long ways away for someone who appears to have never left Central MN

Has been talked about here before, in the Wetterling threads, but Joshua Guimond (age 20) went missing from Collegeville, MN in 2002. He has never been found. Obviously he's much older than Jacob and DH's other known victims. But it's right in the same area. Can't help but wonder.

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/cold-case-spotlight/cold-case-spotlight-josh-guimond-n229246

I'm seriously very, very broken up about the outcome of this case. Jacob Wetterling's story is the reason I became so interested in missing persons cases, when I started my website earlier this week, days before the news broke, his case was the very first thing I wrote about. I had even watched his segment on The Hunt that before the news broke. Jacob's mother, Patty Wetterling is an astounding individual, a real inspiration. Were it not for her, her son's story would've been forgotten shortly after 1989 and her advocacy for missing children has been monumental in spreading awareness. The Wetterling family deserved a better outcome after fighting this hard for so long, but were it not for her constant attempts to keep Jacob's face in the public eye throughout my entire lifetime, answers would have certainly never come. Heart goes out to them. More will certainly come out, and his killer or killers will most definitely finally pay for what they had done. The Wetterlings now have some peace.

Good question. Who knew? I seem to recall that he lived with his mother at the time of the abduction itself, then a few weeks later moved to his father's house. FWIW.

I'm interested to learn about the owners of that farm back in 1989. Why did he choose that place? No evidence was found prior to the DNA for Cold Spring that linked him to JW? He was sloppy and brazen in the other attacks (if he did all of them) yet pulled this off without a trace? No way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gives me hope that maybe someday the Johnny Gosch case will solved.

I hope it was over quick for Jacob.

I was watching something about John Gosch a while back. An expert said that "within a few hours, these kids are killed and buried in a farm somewhere". I guess she knew what she was talking about.

Thanks for the information. I just looked at the book on Amazon....it is selling for $126. I am going to see if my local library carries it.

I took the book off the market about six weeks ago, because I felt the book had served its stated purpose, which was to help solve the crime. Unfortunately, resellers who may have had a few copies are scalping it for high prices. I can assure you, it's not me doing this.

There are several library systems in MN that have the book.

I'm interested to learn about the owners of that farm back in 1989. Why did he choose that place? No evidence was found prior to the DNA for Cold Spring that linked him to JW? He was sloppy and brazen in the other attacks (if he did all of them) yet pulled this off without a trace? No way.

I have learned that Heinrich often hunk out by a pond near there, probably the same property. Murderers often bury victims in familiar places.

Given how limited his means were I would guess, and its just a guess, that this was just a property he could get to without being noticed by the owner or anyone else. He seemed to be very familiar with that county. He had no means to provide a property for this, nor, I doubt, the social connections to the people that would have a property like that. I think the landowners are victims as well. I know I would traumatized if someone did that on my property.

If they found the clothes along with the remains, it seems likely that he was killed shortly after the abduction. Just speculation. Also interesting that they didn't find anything in Heinrich's place that tied him to Jacob.
Well, as far as I know, while they did say nothing linked to jacob in the binders in his house last fall, they still haven't disclosed what was found on the video tapes they had obtained.

They haven't provided an exact address, but by elimination it appears to be in this area. This is also the same area I found a few months ago as a likely area of the Jared attack. FWIW.

View attachment 100732

This pic looks to be near Richmond, Jacob was found several miles from where Jared's abduction took place.

Given how limited his means were I would guess, and its just a guess, that this was just a property he could get to without being noticed by the owner or anyone else. He seemed to be very familiar with that county. He had no means to provide a property for this, nor, I doubt, the social connections to the people that would have a property like that. I think the landowners are victims as well. I know I would traumatized if someone did that on my property.

Yeah you're probably right about the landowners. The lack of any meaningful evidence on this rat just baffles me.IIRC, the articles all say that this dumb *advertiser censored* led them to the remains but don't say that he did it. I guess we will find out this week. I feel sick speaking about someone's child as "remains". What a horrible world.

I have learned that Heinrich often hunk out by a pond near there, probably the same property. Murderers often bury victims in familiar places.

I read your book a while back. It was very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member