Remains found in Big Spring #2 - Strong Speculation this may be Hailey

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SA's movements were widely reported on the net. If someone else was responsible for her death, it would be a simple matter to move the body there to direct suspicion at him and away from them.

True but I think she has been in one spot all along...I believe I read that Le believes the body had been there from 6-18 months...I think she was put there the very day she was killed and only was able to be found due to weather events, etc...I think the examinations will be able to determine if she has been moved...if she has not...no defense help there. MO

I have no idea what to think about the judges report. Almost appears he is being coy or something.

Overall, "coy" is a good description. I don't want to say anything about even a regional semi-celebrity, but he has a Wikipedia entry.

As far as Billie Dunn and Adkins' relationship, many people are questioning the mother of a missing child, being with the only named suspect in the case.

Friends tell KLBK News the two are living together and Tuesday Adkins told us he and Billie Dunn share a cell phone.

But Young says Billie Dunn does not live with Adkins, he said it's hard for her to break the emotional bonds.

http://everythinglubbock.com/fulltext?nxd_id=102232

Thursday, about 10 volunteers spent hours tearing down and rebuilding "Hailey's Hope," a repository of stuffed animals, signs and notes from well-wishers left in Hailey's honor.

Originally assembled on a bridge near the community of Dunn, just outside Colorado City, the shrine had been moved to a parcel of city-owned property across from Hailey Dunn's home on Chestnut Street after it was defaced.

Recently, volunteers who maintained the memorial were told the city would be starting work on a water project at the site, and the area needed to be cleared.

Billie Dunn reportedly gave her blessing to move the items across the street to the house Thursday, which she and ex-husband Clint Dunn still own.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2012/mar/22/big-spring-judge-describes-skull-at-scene-city/

SA's movements were widely reported on the net. If someone else was responsible for her death, it would be a simple matter to move the body there to direct suspicion at him and away from them.
That thought crossed my mind for a second or two right after we heard about the discovery of the remains. Here are two reasons why I disount the theory:

1. A murder victim's body can hold a wealth of evidence. It was said clothing was found with the body, and clothing can be another good source of evidence. Because of that, it's a rare killer who wants a victim's body to be found ("statement" killers notwithstanding). Far better to dispose of the body where it won't be associated with any known parties, making it difficult to identify in the event it is discovered.
  2. The forensic anthropologists will determine how long the body was at the discovery site and at what post mortem period it was placed there. If the body was moved from a prior location, it's possible the remains will hold clues leading to identification of the initial site and ultimately the killer.
Therefore, IMVHO, if this was a plan to frame SA, it was a foolish one.

Yeah. They prolly did, that's what happens when you don't leave a number for LE and they don't know how to reach you. :banghead:

:floorlaugh:...OMGOODNESS ..thats funny I dont care who you are....:woohoo:

I'm sorry I know nothing here is funny ...but my DH is still wondering if i'm ok ...
............................Pease forgive me ?......

:please:

/

I guess Im just too into empirical, factual, hard evidence...but there sure is alot of "gut feelings" On this thread ready to give SA and BD sentencing!
I mean obviously it doesnt look good for SA. BUT as someone else also pointed out..anyone could come up with a plan to move the body to this spot to point suspicion more to SA. His whereabouts from 12-27 to the time he moved to austin are household knowledge here in this part of the state!
I understand having a gut feeling, i really do..but i dont think we know enough to curse these ppl just yet do we?? We'd feel pretty awful if evidence proves it isnt eiter of them.
Now...that being said..again, it aint lookin to hot for SA.

I was on Hailey's FB and tried to bring 2 great photos that I never saw before of Hailey and her baby sister, dad and Niomi.
I tried to bring them here to share, but still do not know how, I have tried.
Hailey was quite developed for 13.
The sundress showed off her fantastic figure to be.
All other photos she hid her figure in sloppy sweats etc.
Hailey was going to be a knock out, so beautiful!

incredible that you have a daughter missing and you not only move but you don't give le contact information imo it looks quite suspicious :moo:

I am not buying LE's excuse on this one.

Even the media knew the phone number and address. If LE truly did not know it was a very easy phone call to media, MK, CM etc.

ETA In fact that is exactly what the media did was phone her number.

Quote:
As far as Billie Dunn and Adkins' relationship, many people are questioning the mother of a missing child, being with the only named suspect in the case.

Friends tell KLBK News the two are living together and Tuesday Adkins told us he and Billie Dunn share a cell phone.

But Young says Billie Dunn does not live with Adkins, he said it's hard for her to break the emotional bonds.
http://everythinglubbock.com/fulltext?nxd_id=102232
=====================

Ok, how do you 'share' a cell phone when you don't live together. That seems kind of inconvenient and inefficient.

I guess Im just too into empirical, factual, hard evidence...but there sure is alot of "gut feelings" On this thread ready to give SA and BD sentencing!
I mean obviously it doesnt look good for SA. BUT as someone else also pointed out..anyone could come up with a plan to move the body to this spot to point suspicion more to SA. His whereabouts from 12-27 to the time he moved to austin are household knowledge here in this part of the state!
I understand having a gut feeling, i really do..but i dont think we know enough to curse these ppl just yet do we?? We'd feel pretty awful if evidence proves it isnt eiter of them.

I feel sure about SA...I can't deny it. But don't worry, I don't live in TX and could not be a juror. Anyway I take this case far too personally, in a way, having been with it from the first day we heard about Hailey, reading and re-reading her FB posts from when she was still there to post, seeing what a nice girl she was, how she loved her new half-sibling, etc...I've thought about her so much this past year. With what we've heard about SA and the situation in the home, etc...I just can't get past it. And the location, if Hailey has been found, is just too much for me. I seriously doubt anyone moved the body-it would have been very dangerous, hard enough to do that one time, IMO. The remarks he made about Hailey, all kinds of things come into it, for a decent circumstantial case, I believe, and possibly some physical evidence will be found to tie it all together even more neatly. JMO

I am not buying LE's excuse on this one.

Even the media knew the phone number and address. If LE truly did not know it was a very easy phone call to media, MK, CM etc.

ETA In fact that is exactly what the media did was phone her number.

Oh the LE can find anyone but I think the statement meant, imo, that BD didn't contact them about her new address or phone number. I feel pretty sure they knew where she was. Some say it was a dramatic response by LE, I just think it was just a fact they stated. If you don't let LE know where you are, what are you hiding? Why not notify the LE where you live if you are missing a child? I don't understand not letting LE know personally you have moved. jmo

On ABC's 20/20 there is the story of Gene Cooley and I believe that we as individual posters need to be very careful as this man won a lawsuit over it.

"Words on a web page -- permanent, searchable and bearing the authority of the (digitally) printed word -- are different from hearsay that can be forgotten or laughed off. They can ruin someone's life."

"In January 2010 Ballew was tried on defamation charges. She admitted to going online to criticize Cooley as payback for what she said was his inappropriate behavior toward her when they worked together 10 years earlier at a Blairsville department store, and to protect Harper's daughter from being around Gene after her murder."

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/to...nymous-online-poster/story?id=15963310&page=2

I think that I have spent more time on Hailey's case since Day One than I have on probably all of the other cases I've followed combined.

I want justice for Hailey.

That thought crossed my mind for a second or two right after we heard about the discovery of the remains. Here are two reasons why I disount the theory:

1. A murder victim's body can hold a wealth of evidence. It was said clothing was found with the body, and clothing can be another good source of evidence. Because of that, it's a rare killer who wants a victim's body to be found ("statement" killers notwithstanding). Far better to dispose of the body where it won't be associated with any known parties, making it difficult to identify in the event it is discovered.
  2. The forensic anthropologists will determine how long the body was at the discovery site and at what post mortem period it was placed there. If the body was moved from a prior location, it's possible the remains will hold clues leading to identification of the initial site and ultimately the killer.
Therefore, IMVHO, if this was a plan to frame SA, it was a foolish one.

Not necessarily. If the killer was a stranger that would be so, but if they were not (ie known to the victim) then finding trace evidence of them associated with the body would not be unusual or unexpected.

As you say, killers generally dispose of bodies in ways to mimimize association with them (the exception frequently being close family members, who sometimes might want to keep the body somewhere close to where they live or work, basicly to be close to them).

That is why I think it unlikely that, if the body is HD, SA would dispose of it there if he were the one responsible. That would require him to behave in a way unlike most other killers. He neither lived nor worked there, but placing the body at that location could only focus attention on him since that is where he said he was on that day.

The area the body was found it seems to me to be a place where discovery was likely sooner or later, so it seems very peculiar that a local such as him would have chosen that spot. That might well be the reason for putting it there, it would eventually be found, but not so soon that there would be too much evidence left. But the question is, who would do that? They would need to have some knowledge of Big Spring itself, it is not like they could just drive up and bury it there without the risk of immediate discovery if they didnt know the area. I would guess someone who had grown up in the general Big Spring/CC/Snyder area. Probably half the people in town, so that doesnt help us really.

Actually, with all the searchers running around that area at the time, someone reburying the body might not attract that much attention since a casual observer might assume that it was just another searcher looking through the dirt. At that point they would not have been expecting someone to be doing a burial. The search efforts themselves would have been an effective cover IMO.

If the body does turn out to be HD, I think that any clothing, jewelry or other items burried alongside will be telling. Are there shoes for example, and if not, where are they?

I don't think that they would be able to tell exactly how long it had been there, outside of plus/minus a few months. If there had been a reburial they should be able to tell that though (I would think). The work history of that particular piece of ground would establish some hard limits timewise. It sounds like the body is heavily damaged and in pieces, if todays reports are anything to go by. That might indicate dismemberment, or it may indicate tool damage from being moved or buried.

By the way, I'm still catching up on the new posts, but it says she was found about a mile from his mother's house. IIRC, that is where Shawn went the next day when he was supposed to be work.

I think he disposed of her the night before, showed up at work/left, then went back to CCity to make sure everything was gone from the home, then on to his mom's to cover any loose ends and monitor if anyone got close, etc.

I'm still not convinced that he didn't take something from work that he needed.

Oh the LE can find anyone but I think the statement meant, imo, that BD didn't contact them about her new address or phone number. I feel pretty sure they knew where she was. Some say it was a dramatic response by LE, I just think it was just a fact they stated. If you don't let LE know where you are, what are you hiding? Why not notify the LE where you live if you are missing a child? I don't understand not letting LE know personally you have moved. jmo

LE doesn't know where their POIs are in an active case? Ya right.

Yea. .yea.. stranger that just so happened to not only dispose of.. but actually bury that victim 1mile from Mommy of Shaun's house.. naa.. don't think so..

jMo...:please:...But I sure hope so ...or he better roll on her !!!!! :please:

the wheels on the bus go round and round I think they will blame the other SA will say BD killed Hailey and BD will say SA killed her and she knew nothing about it
***MOO***

somebody will be wearing orange, real soon, if not both of them
:jail:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads