Remains found in Big Spring #2 - Strong Speculation this may be Hailey

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not saying she wouldn't leave the house in sweats. But her brother said that MB had a boyfriend. So Hailey would have expected to hang out with boys that night, imo. I think she would have wanted to look good. I see pictures of her looking cute, with nice outfits and make up on. It was Christmas break, and I think she would have had money and a hoodie and some jeans, imo.

Yes, but her father also described her as something of a tomboy, so not dressing up to impress boys, especially if it was for a casual get together, would not be unexpected or out of character.

How long would it take them to verify that the body is Hailey? UGH I hate asking this....!

Depends on what the state of the body is, but in a worst case scenario as long as it takes to do a DNA test.

They could probably get the results within a week. They might not tell us right away though, particularly if it turns out to be Jane/John Doe instead of HD. They would tell the parents however, and the news would get out from friends and family pretty soon after that I would think.

was reading the WS
Astrology FORUM..... tonight and came across a link from early on forgot so much happened in the first few weeks worth a refresher even though its msm ...

Documents Point To Mother, Boyfriend In Hailey Dunn's Disappearance
By Merlin Mann, KTXS News
POSTED: 9:54 pm CST January 11, 2011

UPDATED: 2:17 pm CST January 12, 2011

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26459455/detail.html

another link i found there ......http://bigcountryhomepage.com/images/Multi_Media/bigcountryhomepage/nxd_media/dox/pdf/2011_01/HaileyDunnAffidavits.PDF

got the link from here ..................http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124508&page=4

Yes ive seen the leather masks. Watched him and his cousin's videos. Even researched the bands that play the SICK music in the videos. Its disturbing to say the least.
I too have followed the case..since it was a local headline only here in The Big Country (nickname for this part of TX)...
I dont see anyone discussing the all important statement from JB, the hairdresser who is certain she saw HD w/ a 6 year old boy on the 27th at a time
Of day SAs phone was pinging in big spring. This one Eyewitness account is not talked about much. Why?? Its a big deal.
Again, my gut too says SA is the culprit..but the evidene is scant at best. And technically weak even in a curcumstancial case.
Anyways, the speculation could go on forever while we wait painfully for results! I wish we could learn aomething soon so justice can begin to be served!

Do you have a link to where the hairdresser specifically said a 6 yr old boy please?

Yes ive seen the leather masks. Watched him and his cousin's videos. Even researched the bands that play the SICK music in the videos. Its disturbing to say the least.
I too have followed the case..since it was a local headline only here in The Big Country (nickname for this part of TX)...
I dont see anyone discussing the all important statement from JB, the hairdresser who is certain she saw HD w/ a 6 year old boy on the 27th at a time
Of day SAs phone was pinging in big spring. This one Eyewitness account is not talked about much. Why?? Its a big deal.

Again, my gut too says SA is the culprit..but the evidene is scant at best. And technically weak even in a curcumstancial case.
Anyways, the speculation could go on forever while we wait painfully for results! I wish we could learn aomething soon so justice can begin to be served!

The hairdresser sighting was dismissed by police, who couldn't fit it into the known timeline. I'm sure the witness was well-meaning, but there's just no real proof that they saw Hailey on that particular day.

The circumstantial evidence is actually pretty strong for SA. What are the chances that some stranger would abduct Hailey then place her body so close to SA's mother's house? Must be astronomical odds on that one!

***MOO***

Any mother would want to stay in the home their child disappeared in case the child came back and there no way in Hades any innocent mother who wasn't involved would never change their number

***MOO***

In fairness she had no choice. LE took Billies phone that she had at the time of Haileys disappearance and never gave her it back.

I'm so fed up with the lawyers who make excuses for Billie. She is not the little helpless female she tries to portray. As for Shawn, I remember the media reports about him sitting on his mother's porch mocking the searchers near that bridge. Almost daring them to not get too close, and deliberately making them feel uncomfortable with him being so close. That portrayed him as cold and calculating . Oh, now we see it - he really was keeping an eye on things. Gives me the creeps. I believe that when an official ID comes out, it will be accompanied by prepared arrest warrants.
IMHO
BBM

I think if I was ever tempted to write a book, it would be about going through WebSleuths and collecting these stumbling, bumbling statements made by these lawyers in their efforts to appear as wordsmiths on a national stage:

Affidavits KTXS obtained said Adkins was in the Big Spring area the morning Hailey went missing.

"I don't believe it implicates him in anyway," said Eyssen, "While it's awful any human remains would be discovered so closely to anyone's residence. It does not implicate my client in any manner."

http://www.ktxs.com/big_country_news/30742450/detail.html

No, no, no Mr. Lawyer! There's NO ONE who would possibly think that when of ALL the places this child's body could be found:

on the planet Earth,

in the North American continent,

in the United States,

in the state of Texas,

in Howard County,

in the thriving metropolis of Big Springs,

the location being THIS close to where your client was watching searchers from the porch, implicates him in any manner whatsoever

Shawn.png

Gotta get that book deal going......:floorlaugh:

There were at least 3 sightings of her, all by people who apparently knew her, and IIRC two of those sightings were tied to people/places with known dates and times. So, if they said they saw her either they did or they are lieing, there isn't much wiggle room for mistakes. Under those circumstances (where the witness knows the person they saw) they probably would not get the details of what the person was doing, but they should get the fact of seeing them right. A stranger, making a mistake like that I could buy (they do that all the time), but not someone who knows HD.

As for the boy going shopping, he didn't go shopping all day. It also requires that you believe the person who said that he went shopping, and there is no guarentee that they are being accurate (after all, they apparently got confused about a few other things as well). Further, the hairdresser saw HD and the boy around noon IIRC, while the shopping trip you are talking about happened around 3PM, approximately the time SA claims he last saw HD when she left the house. So, there is a time gap of about 3 hours, the boy could easily have done both things.

My friends brother went missing after a night at the pub. Many many people claimed to see him who knew him giving his family hope that he was alive. He was later found drowned in the river meters from where he was last seen. Alleged Sightings dont really mean anything I am afraid.

Do you have a link to where the hairdresser specifically said a 6 yr old boy please?

She said she saw Hailey walk past her beauty salon on 19th Street in Colorado City countless times. However, on December 27th, she claims she saw Hailey walking with a six or seven-year-old boy she didn't recognize.

"That's why I was looking at her so strong when she was going down the alley, trying to figure out if I knew that kid. But I didn't know him," she said.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=332696

There are good arguments on both views and IMO the cell records will be the downfall. I think there are many we haven't been told about. Like who all the calls were made to by SA's phone.

LE did say they the couldn't confirm the sightings. Anyone could have sent the text, and just because a cell pings someplace dones put that person with it, (SA in BG) but agree it's unlikely a teen would only communicate with only one text when they have been alone all day with a cell phone. The earring, I don't have a great recall on, but wasn't it that HD ask Naomi to put them away for her...that would have been X-Mas night or the next morning. She left around noon on Sunday right? The only discrepancy that I can see is Naomi saying she was there on the Monday ....on blog radio and CD corrected her. Many believe this could just be innocent mistake with the hectic activities of the Christmas season, taking care of an infant....and yes, maybe the use of drugs, all valid excuses, imo. Gma Jones was there around the time HD was said to have left to take Naomi grocery shopping. My unanswered question ...and I wish someone would have ask any of them in an interview..... If Naomi and Clint didn't have a cell....how did they call and ask CJ to come over and take her shopping?

SA is still #1 POI by LE and I agree....if only based on the fact he left/quit work that day and lied about it. JMO

I think it will take as long as the weather can transport her to offically be id'd and also when they decide to tell us. It could mean, BD doesn't need to know if she was involved & she's definetly a POI or a suspect to Hailey's death & SA surely doesn't need to know if he's the main "POI". So we wait, maybe the day they release the official ID we'll see arrests, my hopes at least. Clint and others may already know. jmo

Agree, but I don't think they would tell CD. Just two of the many reasons why: 1. his temper and instability 2. PT and her uncontrollable yammering.

JMO

In fairness she had no choice. LE took Billies phone that she had at the time of Haileys disappearance and never gave her it back.

Was her phone number associated with a particular phone and not transferable to be used with another device?

Are there surveillance cameras where the hairdresser saw Hailey with the boy?

Are there surveillance cameras where the hairdresser saw Hailey with the boy?

It was a business from her house...behind HD's house....so feel safe in saying no.

Also, just wanted to clarify, that the porch SA was staring down the searchers on was his grandmother's in Dunn; down from the bridge that was once the place of HD's memorial. Almost 50 miles north of where these remains were found.

The problem with that theory is that there were a number of witnesses who claimed to have seen HD that day, there is an alleged text message she sent to a friend, and then there is the earring affair. And IIRC, NG was saying on her show way back that CD's girlfriend had originally said that HD did visit that day (but then changed the story a few days later). So, there is a fair bit of evidence that HD was alive and well in CC that day when SA was in Big Spring. All of those things would have to be definitively refuted to make a case for something possibly happening the previous night through to early afternoon that day if SA was involved.

Whatever happened to HD appears to have taken place late in the afternoon going on into the night of the day she apparently dissappeared.

True. But:

1) eyewitness accounts are not very reliable. We discussed those sightings ad nauseum early on and I provided links to studies about why they're often discounted and deemed unreliable. Plus, I believe they had their days wrong. I guess it's just a matter of he said/she said.

2) I don't believe the text came from Hailey, but from someone faking it. I believe that is some of the evidence that LE is holding close to the vest: where that phone pinged from when the text was sent. I'll be very surprised if it pinged near CCity. I think it will be near SA's mom's house, or between there and CCity. (I may have missed it - did LE release that data yet?)

3) the earring: no one knows for sure what Hailey was wearing, and she did go to her dad's often. The story from the GF is that Hailey took the earrings out at her house on a previous visit/stay.

No one but Hailey and the perp(s) know what happened for sure. But the above are some reasons why I believe it happened the night before. MOO

(I wish I had the time/energy these days to devote to this case again, but I just don't b/c of working, etc. But the above info is buried somewhere and picked apart left/right in the old threads. Some see it that way, and others see it the way you do. I guess LE hopefully holds the evidence that really will solve it all.)

Was her phone number associated with a particular phone and not transferable to be used with another device?

In all honesty i dont know about that. I do know there were reports that the phone messaging service on the phone was full..so IF Hailey had been alive she couldnt have called and left a message..and apparently the phone wasnt left on either so..bit of a screw up IMO.

Agree, but I don't think they would tell CD. Just two of the many reasons why: 1. his temper and instability 2. PT and her uncontrollable yammering.

JMO

IF Clint and Naomi arent together shes no longer an issue luckily. I think one thing people should consider though. TGI said yesterday that some things have been leaked in the local area..people are assuming that for eg Billie doesnt know the results of the remains but..that may not be the case.

True but I think she has been in one spot all along...I believe I read that Le believes the body had been there from 6-18 months...I think she was put there the very day she was killed and only was able to be found due to weather events, etc...I think the examinations will be able to determine if she has been moved...if she has not...no defense help there. MO

These are my thoughts also.

IMO, I believe it's possible that SA went to the location twice- dropping Hailey off quickly, then returning to bury her. Possibly even walking from his Mom's to prevent anyone from seeing a vehicle that could be associated with him. Which would explain why such a close location was chosen. Moo

That's her. Thanks Cazzie!
Someone suggested there might be a pic of Hailey with braces. I'm just curious if Hailey has dental records. I think we would have heard by now though.

eta: actually, I'm thinking now, if she ever had braces, she probably would have still had them when she went missing and I would assume that the MP flyer for her would have mentioned that. O well. Thanks a bunch anyway Cazzie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28