Remains found in Big Spring

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They would not have blown there. That is where someone put them.

I think it's logical as they were in a bag....but your prolly right.

Not sure if this has been posted. I'll continue to pray that our dear Hailey has been found and that somehow justice can be served.

Article updated 2:06 AM today.

http://www.myfoxlubbock.com/news/lo...prings-haley-dunn/Szr_4XvKL0S5PsQjC_U7Vg.cspx

Investigators determined the remains are human but cannot determine identity or gender due to extensive deterioration. The scene has been secured and an FBI evidence recovery team from Dallas will process it and recover the remains Wednesday. Detective Sergeant Tony Everett reported it appears the body has been in this location for a long period of time.

Glad to see the FBI involved - I wouldn't want to see this flooked up ;)

MOO

Mel

Oh my...I just saw this thread about the remains being found. I don't want it to be Hailey. I'm still hoping she's alive. :cry:

I agree NT as I have wanted to think she was being hidden by some of those relatives in OK. I so wanted her to be alive and well.

They would'nt let us think this "could" be Hailey.imo if it was'nt we would know by now. There's just no way another "missing" person would end up in shawns triangulation. (Yes I know anything is possible..)Imo. Though I am right back 2 Dec. 2010 w/ my anger I am slightly smiling that this is where he took her. We have a body. We have it in his pathway so to speak. We have garbage bags. there will b evidence.I figured poor Hailey to b so far down a well we'd never know.

Hi sorry I've not followed the case in awhile due to being ill. Who is tfro? or what was her or his user name on here? Was she related too Hailey?

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159941"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

OMG... I just found out! There is another person missing from Big Spring... don't remember his name. I don't know what to believe anymore, as far as, anything concerning this case is concerned. JMO... so sad.

omg.... just read the news... I am completely shocked but not at all surprised to see that, if this is indeed Hailey, that she was found near SA's mother's house... I always thought she would be found out in those fields somewhere....

And SA's reaction: "no comment"

nice.

I've seen or heard this before in the reports/video and thought it was just a media "blurp", but here it is again saying BD and SA are NOT together.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/hailey-dunn-missing-remains-texas-teen-cheerleader-found/story?id=15967361

Offhand, I don't recall when BD was on the Websleuths talk radio show. IIRC, it was AFTER Jan 5th. She said she and SA were still together. IMO

I don't think Billie has anything to do with Hailey's disappearance (and now possible murder :( ) . If these remains are Hailey's, I hope she finds a safe place to stay whilst this case is resolved. If he threatened her in the past, who knows what he's capable of.

I've seen or heard this before in the reports/video and thought it was just a media "blurp", but here it is again saying BD and SA are NOT together.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/hailey-dunn-missing-remains-texas-teen-cheerleader-found/story?id=15967361

The article is inaccurate. I am positive they are still together.
Interestingly, it also says this:

"During the second stage of the exam, Adkins revealed that Hailey might be in Scurry County, Texas. Investigators deemed him to be telling the truth,"

The body is in Howard County, not Scurry. Maybe he wasn't sure which county it is where he left her.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127434"]Cell phone pings & drive times - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
captdj post #6
"Notice in the affidavits at 9:56AM he is pinged off the northwest transmitter of Tower 730...meaning his mom's home is north and west of the tower..but to me it looks more west and just a little north...maybe theres not a west or east transmitter..."

was this post spot on or what?

I just read about the news of a body being found. Like everyone else here, I wanted Hailey to be found alive.

If this turns out to be Hailey, then I am so sad and angry that she lay so close out there to SA's mothers house and was not found through the searches.

I am so glad the FBI evidence recovery team from Dallas will be on this. If it is not Hailey, it is still someone's loved one.

How long has SA and BD been apart? I just find it strange that remains have been located now that they are rumored to be split.

MOO

Adkins also told investigators that he was fired from his job the day Hailey disappeared. Adkins worked for a company that does oil well casing and logging. His boss, however, told investigators that he wasn't fired, but abruptly left work minutes after showing up, according to the affidavit.

Adkins told investigators that he drove straight to his mother's home in Big Spring, Texas. Cell phone records show Adkins making calls from Dunn's home between 6:35 a.m. until 6:56 a.m., the court papers state.

Dunn left for work as a receptionist at a hospital at 6:20 a.m.

"According to all reports, Hailey Dunn would have been alone in the residence during this time period," the affidavit said.

Adkins eventually went to the home of his mother and used her computer. That computer has been taken as evidence, the affidavit said.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/hailey-dun...erleader-found/story?id=15967361#.T2nGuJh9GXw

very good refresher article (video talks about the three hour gap in his timeline as well)

on GMA the bottom scroller is saying the body is Haley.

:what: 8:23 am GMA scrolling

"Body of missing Texas teenager Hailey Dunn has been found -boyfriend of mother is a suspect."

RIP sweet girl!

ETA*** no other media reporting this yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper