Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/22 thru 1/26 Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't comment much but I feel I just need to tonight. After reading the tweets about the letter JA wrote to Travis' family I am utterly shocked. I have read about her numerous diagnosis and have come to the conclusion after today that she has none of the disorders that the psychologist have diagnosed her with. I think she is pure evil and there is no psychological assessment or diagnosis for that.

What happened in that courtroom today was good triumphing over evil. I am not a overly religious person nor do I push my beliefs on other people but what I think we are witnessing in this defendant is a pure evil being. I have never seen the likes of her and I hope to never see it again. I have never been able to put my finger on why this trial has consumed me so. I have asked myself a hundred times Why do you keep subjecting yourself to this trial that has upset you so many days, weeks, months and years. I have watched the trial on youtube too many times to count. ( I prefer David Lohr, no sidebars) I have tried with all I have in me to see just ONE redeemable quality in this woman and I have not been able to find one.

I don't think I have ever heard of a defendant so viciously attack not only their victim, but also their victims family and friends. I can not believe such a deviant exists and it is hard to wrap my mind around that.

After today, there is no doubt in my mind that she WILL get the death penalty. I don't give a rats behind if she gets on the stand or not. Her fate was sealed today and next week it will be hammered home even more.

Agree.
Putting this out there as I have never seen it posted here. www.xojanedoe.com
This woman has written some very good articles about CMJA and what she is.

Did anyone else not sleep very well last night, thinking about that letter and what it revealed about the killer?

I feel very sorry for the jurors. The shock and horror of reading about the letter secondhand was bad enough. They saw the letter up on a big screen, heard the words read out loud, sat in the same room with the thing who wrote it, could see the reaction (which had to be anguish) of Travis' family as it was read.

And heard about the viciousness of the murder, in her own words, the first time the murder itself has been mentioned since October 30, 2014.

I bet they think about that letter all weekend, even though they try to put the trial aside.

Plus I believe they would change the testing questions because people do relate what is on the test. This is an old test. It is also possible the copyright was to keep doctors from copying the test to administer it to another patient without paying for it. I think it is a financial issue for the developers of the test. jmo

The whole copyright argument is stupid. The copyright protection is so that someone doesn't copy it and sell it for $100 to someone instead of the $250 it costs from the company who wrote it. (I'm using made-up numbers.) Copyright doesn't mean no one can SEE something. Libraries would be pretty bare if that was the case.

Heck for that matter, Jodi could have copyrighted her journal and maybe even her letter, and then the defense would argue at trial that none of it could be used - other than maybe what she chose in her defense. Think that would have flown?

http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/

Did anyone else not sleep very well last night, thinking about that letter and what it revealed about the killer?

I feel very sorry for the jurors. The shock and horror of reading about the letter secondhand was bad enough. They saw the letter up on a big screen, heard the words read out loud, sat in the same room with the thing who wrote it, could see the reaction (which had to be anguish) of Travis' family as it was read.

And heard about the viciousness of the murder, in her own words, the first time the murder itself has been mentioned since October 30, 2014.

I bet they think about that letter all weekend, even though they try to put the trial aside.

The last two hours Wed might have been a wake-up call to the jury that something wasn't right here, but yesterday afternoon was like a jackhammer. The first 2/3 of the day seemed to move rather slowly, then that last hour or so was pure dynamite. I think the jurors had to be shocked.

The whole copyright argument is stupid. The copyright protection is so that someone doesn't copy it and sell it for $100 to someone instead of the $250 it costs from the company who wrote it. (I'm using made-up numbers.) Copyright doesn't mean no one can SEE something. Libraries would be pretty bare if that was the case.

Heck for that matter, Jodi could have copyrighted her journal and maybe even her letter, and then the defense would argue at trial that none of it could be used - other than maybe what she chose in her defense. Think that would have flown?

I definitely think the defense told him to say that about the copyright so that Willmott's claim that Demarte was breaking the law seemed like a legitimate issue (even though Juan threw it in her face that Samuels gave him this tests because there is nothing wrong with it) and so, of course, the jury couldn't see the test. Juan seemed really chapped that Geffner was trying to tell him what to do. And if Willmott pulls that copyright stuff again with Demarte I will laugh. It's so stupid. But it seems like Juan got what he wanted so it's just another thing...

So what we know of the letter to the family is by tweet only? Or does someone on the net have it? I don't know if I could physically read it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going back to what she said in the letter about a ninja going through her purse and taking not only cash but her GAS RECEIPTS.

She wrote the letter while she sat in jail. She'd already been caught. The theft of gas receipts inserted smack into the reliving and telling of how much Travis suffered in his last minutes of life.

Gas receipts? For the Arizona portion of the trip? To explain why there were none? Thus to conceal premeditation?

When she describes these fictional stories of abuse she always describes Travis saying "*advertiser censored**ing sick of you b****" or *advertiser censored**ing kill you *****". It's never I'M sick of you or I'LL kill you. It's very bizarre and awkward. I wonder why?

Anyway, great clip of her stupid lies.

Going back to what she said in the letter about a ninja going through her purse and taking not only cash but her GAS RECEIPTS.

She wrote the letter while she sat in jail. She'd already been caught. The theft of gas receipts inserted smack into the reliving and telling of how much Travis suffered in his last minutes of life.

Gas receipts? For the Arizona portion of the trip? To explain why there were none? Thus to conceal premeditation?

I saw that tweeted last night too.

Martinez read: "My left foot was later throbbing and bruised and she caused two of my toenails to bleed...I was stopped by the male perpetrator. He yelled that's not what they're here for. .. They should do me too. He said no. They grabbed my purse and started to go through it...took cash from my wallet and the gas receipts,..the registration had the address of my parents' house. He stuffed things back in my purse and said I know who you are and I know where you live. I know exactly how to find you.

If I read correctly, she was still in jail in CA at the time she wrote this. How much had she talked to Flores at that point? I recall that they had some phone conversations. I suspect they were before she was arrested and she didn't talk to him again until she was extradited to AZ. Is that correct? She must have been working hard to try to figure out what evidence he had at that point.

Given she wrote that much in jail, I can believe she spent a lot of time prior to her arrest rewriting her journals once she felt she could be a suspect.

What I know about psychiatry/psychology wouldn't fill a Post-it note, but will DeMarte describe that all of this blows away the tripe about PTSD? Don't those types of people AVOID the things that will cause them stress? She absolutely relished reliving them time and time again - going to the funeral, her obsession with the pictures with Flores, writing this letter, etc. Maybe the argument would be that all those were AFTER she 'snapped' and anything after that is different.

Question for DeMarte, as JM reads portions of the letter detailing the murder: Is writing about the murder in such detail consistent with someone supposedly suffering from PTSD?

If I read correctly, she was still in jail in CA at the time she wrote this. How much had she talked to Flores at that point? I recall that they had some phone conversations. I suspect they were before she was arrested and she didn't talk to him again until she was extradited to AZ. Is that correct? She must have been working hard to try to figure out what evidence he had at that point.

Given she wrote that much in jail, I can believe she spent a lot of time prior to her arrest rewriting her journals once she felt she could be a suspect.

What I know about psychiatry/psychology wouldn't fill a Post-it note, but will DeMarte describe that all of this blows away the tripe about PTSD? Don't those types of people AVOID the things that will cause them stress? She absolutely relished reliving them time and time again - going to the funeral, her obsession with the pictures with Flores, writing this letter, etc. Maybe the argument would be that all those were AFTER she 'snapped' and anything after that is different.

Just saw what you wrote about PSTD. :). Yep. As for interrogations. Flores flew to CA to do them. I'll look up dates, and reread the ninja story she told him back then.

I am a little confused. I recall a condolence letter sent to Travis' grandmother. Were there two separate additional letters sent to the family? Was the information about the date they became "official" in the same letter that described the ninjas attacking? TIA

She sent a single letter to the family. Both the "relationship" info and a detailed description of the "ninja " attack were in the letter.

Is this the same letter she sent along with the 18 Iris's? I only ask because this was sent on July 28th, and she was already in jail. I thought I read about the about the Iris's in her journal??? (because TA loved that name) :frown:
I'm confused. How could she have written about the Iris's in her journal, BEFORE she was arrested? Was that injected in her journal after she killed him> :confused:

Sorry If this makes no sense, I sprang 3 of my fingers on my right hand and am tying with my left. I am not ambidextrous (or a murderer) like JA ~

The DT had no issues with JA's slideshow of plagiarlized art tracings weirdly enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinzstel