Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/22 thru 1/26 Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you like me to light one for you, and if so is there a message you would like to leave?

Me too, it took me a while to figure out... Actually I clicked on a candle that was not lighted and then followed the instructions.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one missing a thanks button. :) Anyway, I wanted to add that Jodi's journals ARE copyrighted. There is an automatic copyright that takes effect as soon as the expression of your thoughts is placed in written form. JA and TA's emails and texts are copyrighted, for that matter. The point of a formal copyright is that you get to sue for damages instead of just suing to force someone to stop copying your words.

But if copyrighted material is being copied (and yes, displaying it on jury monitors counts) because it is evidence in a murder trial rather than, e.g., so people can get a copy for free instead of paying the author, it is not illegal and perfectly fine and no one makes this ridiculous argument in court.

BBM - Until yesterday anyway.

OK, y'all, I got my psychology degree at Walmart, so I know I'm not really qualified to say this, but I think she is insane. I see an above average intelligence coupled with some of the World's Dumbest Criminals behaviors...the dumbest being her failure to lawyer up before she opened her mouth to explain away all of the other dumb moves she made. Then add to the mix that only a depraved mind could write that letter to the family believing that it showed compassion or that anyone else would believe the lies. Her behaviors are so bizarre and abnormal that it seems she really does not know right from wrong.

The whole copyright argument is stupid. The copyright protection is so that someone doesn't copy it and sell it for $100 to someone instead of the $250 it costs from the company who wrote it. (I'm using made-up numbers.) Copyright doesn't mean no one can SEE something. Libraries would be pretty bare if that was the case.

Heck for that matter, Jodi could have copyrighted her journal and maybe even her letter, and then the defense would argue at trial that none of it could be used - other than maybe what she chose in her defense. Think that would have flown?

http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/
Yes, and in the entertainment industry to keep others from profiting from the content without obtaining consent or paying royalties, etc.

Missing my thanks button as well!

The letter and other testimony elicited by Juan yesterday opened up a true can of worms for the defense. The jury now can ponder these facts.

1. There is a strong possibility that Jodi and Travis were never "official," a term Jodi uses as though it's a promise ring.

2. Jodi inflicted terrible pain on the victim's family through letters and her defense case in the retrial. This will put in perspective the highly emotional VIS made by Samantha and Steven.

3. Jodi lied on the PTSD test. When it comes time for Geffner's test administration, they will see she changed up her story a couple of times.

I know there's more, but the defense team must now be in major cover-up mode.

On another issue, Nurmi's been given time to submit his motion for dismissal of the DP or the whole case again. It will NOT be honored by JSS. She's already ruled not to sanction Juan for accidentally spilling MM's name in court. It's all more defensorial piffle.

OK, y'all, I got my psychology degree at Walmart, so I know I'm not really qualified to say this, but I think she is insane. I see an above average intelligence coupled with some of the World's Dumbest Criminals behaviors...the dumbest being her failure to lawyer up before she opened her mouth to explain away all of the other dumb moves she made. Then add to the mix that only a depraved mind could write that letter to the family believing that it showed compassion or that anyone else would believe the lies. Her behaviors are so bizarre and abnormal that it seems she really does not know right from wrong.

The thing is she does know right from wrong. She is keenly aware of it. She knows there's a right way to behave and a wrong way to behave. She talks about it all the time. It was expected of me. It seemed like the right thing to do. What's the right way to behave? She knows if she follows her sociopathic instincts that would be the wrong way. So she observes other people and sometimes outright asks what she should be doing, what would make her seem normal. She's like an alien on our planet observing the human race. She gets it wrong. A lot. She often thinks things will seem normal and rational and will draw suspicion away from her. She says what she thinks people want to hear. It's not because she's insane. She just doesn't feel things in a normal way.

The female detective in Siskiyou County (Yreka) gave Jodi paper after she asked for some, and she started writing the letter to the family while she was sitting in that room by herself. When the detective came to take her to a cell, she asked if she could take that paper with her. Sending that letter took some nerve, knowing that she was the one who took Travis's life. Last night I watched the 15-minute memorial video with the music and pictures of Travis. Then I watched Stephen's and Samantha's victim impact statements from the 2013 trial. I honestly think the only way they will ever feel that justice is done is if Jodi is given the death penalty.

I believe that the Alexanders need to hear the words "sentenced to death" out loud. This need is not based on revenge or whatever, but I see it more as a validation of the life that was taken, that Travis' life was worth something. I don't think they can move forward until they hear those words. Plus, it's the worst punishment that can be given. They need for JA to hear those words too, to feel that dropping of the stomach & feeling of dread. My reaction when I read the twitter version of the letter was chilling, so I can't even imagine what the jurors felt. I truly believe it's game over.

Good Morning friends. My thank you button is gone as well.

Hi Marva LOL. Well I actually got mine from a University :blushing: and I can say with absolute certainty that JA is not insane--BritsKate is spot on that JA has psychopathy. Psychopathy, to the normal person, is so bizarre it defies understanding but at the end of the day she has demonstrated repeatedly that she does know right from wrong; what you are seeing is any, or all, of the following.

lack of remorse or empathy
shallow emotions
manipulativeness
lying
egocentricity
glibness
low frustration tolerance
episodic relationships
parasitic lifestyle
persistent violation of social norms

I have mixed feelings about the mother. I totally agree with your comments. But I also empathize with her a little. I think she may be there to show Jodi that there is one person on this earth that loves her deeply and unconditionally and wants to show that love while she watches her daughter's life come to an end. A mother is not able to stop loving her children, even though she may be horrified at their behaviors.

However....and this is a big however....the mother's behavior in court IS inappropriate...the necklace needs to go...the Facebook begfest was nauseating....her possible involvement in witness tampering was unethical....etc. etc. She may have been able to influence the jury favorably by adopting appropriate behaviors. The losers on the defense team either didn't coach her well or she refused to follow advice.

Or instead of showing support maybe it's a path to writing her own book. Remember how Cindy sat taking in every single detail? Guess that was a bust and will be for Sandy also.

As a mother I hate to say that abt another. For as much as I love my girls, I don't think j could just smile, chit chat in court and even lie for them if they either killed my own grandchild or brutally murdered another person-- both while backing the bus over our own families. That's not my definition of unconditional love I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Missing my thanks button as well!

The letter and other testimony elicited by Juan yesterday opened up a true can of worms for the defense. The jury now can ponder these facts.

1. There is a strong possibility that Jodi and Travis were never "official," a term Jodi uses as though it's a promise ring.

2. Jodi inflicted terrible pain on the victim's family through letters and her defense case in the retrial. This will put in perspective the highly emotional VIS made by Samantha and Steven.

3. Jodi lied on the PTSD test. When it comes time for Geffner's test administration, they will see she changed up her story a couple of times.

I know there's more, but the defense team must now be in major cover-up mode.

On another issue, Nurmi's been given time to submit his motion for dismissal of the DP or the whole case again. It will NOT be honored by JSS. She's already ruled not to sanction Juan for accidentally spilling MM's name in court. It's all more defensorial piffle.

I am so glad that Juan brought up Point #1. I remember some discussions about that on here within the past 6 weeks or so and I think this is a distinct possibility.

Also, I truly believe this letter will be her death knell. And how fitting that it is her own words that would do her in. Not big bad Juan and his alleged "prosecutorial misconduct", not MDLR and the rest of her supporters thinking everyone lives in a state of denial about kiddie *advertiser censored* (I really think that is what MDLR was referring to in her twitter). No one to blame but her evil, twisted self.

I have mixed feelings about the mother. I totally agree with your comments. But I also empathize with her a little. I think she may be there to show Jodi that there is one person on this earth that loves her deeply and unconditionally and wants to show that love while she watches her daughter's life come to an end. A mother is not able to stop loving her children, even though she may be horrified at their behaviors.

However....and this is a big however....the mother's behavior in court IS inappropriate...the necklace needs to go...the Facebook begfest was nauseating....her possible involvement in witness tampering was unethical....etc. etc. She may have been able to influence the jury favorably by adopting appropriate behaviors. The losers on the defense team either didn't coach her well or she refused to follow advice.

Or instead of showing support maybe it's a path to writing her own book. Remember how Cindy sat taking in every single detail? Guess that was a bust and will be for Sandy also.

As a mother I hate to say that abt another. For as much as I love my girls, I don't think I could just smile/laugh/chit chat in court and even lie for them if they either killed my own grandchild or brutally murdered another person-- both while backing the bus over our own families. That's not my definition of unconditional love I guess.

After watching/hearing ALV, Samuels, Dr. M-F, and Geffner I'm thinking your Psych PhD on WalMart Rollback is more credible than their credentials on K-Mart's Blue Light Special.

Hey everyone, Good morning :-( I wonder do you all feel as I do about that letter. I thought nothing could be worse than the murderer accusing Travis of being a pedophile, but that letter was horrible. I couldn’t sleep last night. Just thinking of Travis’ family having that letter all this time and having to sit through this trial year after year listening to all the garbage nurmi threw out there, all the lies being told while all this time Travis’ family knew they had this letter, and not only this letter but the letter to their Grandma. Everyone involved with this murderer is nothing but, I can’t even think of a word to use for them, disgusting/horrible/evil! I believe in karma, I know bad things are coming their way, for all of them. I pray this jury does right by Travis and Travis’ family. I pray this jury gives Travis’ family what they want and gives this evil murderer the DP. My heart is so heavy for Travis’ family. Their strength and dignity is so amazing. I wish I could just give them all a hug! Thank God for Juan Martinez! God bless Travis and Travis’ family.

""After watching/hearing ALV, Samuels, Dr. M-F, and Geffner I'm thinking your Psych PhD on WalMart Rollback is more credible than their credentials on K-Mart's Blue Light Special.""

For Sure!!!:goodpost:

Agree Mindmatters. And to add to the "beauty"of a psychopath they believe we believe what they believe LOL IMO

The thing is she does know right from wrong. She is keenly aware of it. She knows there's a right way to behave and a wrong way to behave. She talks about it all the time. It was expected of me. It seemed like the right thing to do. What's the right way to behave? She knows if she follows her sociopathic instincts that would be the wrong way. So she observes other people and sometimes outright asks what she should be doing, what would make her seem normal. She's like an alien on our planet observing the human race. She gets it wrong. A lot. She often thinks things will seem normal and rational and will draw suspicion away from her. She says what she thinks people want to hear. It's not because she's insane. She just doesn't feel things in a normal way.

Well, dang, I demand a refund!

Hi Marva LOL. Well I actually got mine from a University :blushing: and I can say with absolute certainty that JA is not insane--BritsKate is spot on that JA has psychopathy. Psychopathy, to the normal person, is so bizarre it defies understanding but at the end of the day she has demonstrated repeatedly that she does know right from wrong; what you are seeing is any, or all, of the following.

shallow emotions
manipulativeness
lying
egocentricity
glibness
episodic relationships
parasitic lifestyle

I clicked the thanks button in spirit. Yeah, I know y'all are right, but how could she? How could she? How could she? I just don't understand it.

As a mother I hate to say that abt another. For as much as I love my girls, I don't think j could just smile, chit chat in court and even lie for them if they either killed my own grandchild or brutally murdered another person-- both while backing the bus over our own families. That's not my definition of unconditional love I guess.

Ugh, I didn't think about her writing a book. Vulture.

I think I would be sitting in that courtroom daily if that were my child on trial, feeling deep pain for them and hating what they did simultaneously. Minus the necklace and the inappropriate behavior...and showing respect and deference to the victim's family.

shallow emotions
manipulativeness
lying
egocentricity
glibness
episodic relationships
parasitic lifestyle
Agree.

She's acutely aware of right and wrong -- as she applies them to other people; common, ordinary folk, the unwashed masses if you will.

She herself, of course, could never be bound by such a quaint notion. So passé don't you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinzstel