Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/22 thru 1/26 Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i appreciate that bznbear. by the time i got off work and on the thread everyone was way ahead of me. when the thread closed i was on about page 35. i did finish all the way to the end, but couldnt comment on any of the very good comments posted. i imagine there was still alot of users on it, but... just couldnt post anymore. i dont know how admin could do that and still close the thread, but i sure was itchin at the bit a few times there :)

thanks admin, ive really only been posting on here for a week or so, this is absolutely a top forum, and the posters are the best as far as im concerned!

The threads are always so fast when Juan is crossing. :D

I do believe in the DP, when there is irrefutable proof as in this case. However, after the CA trial and no DP during JA's original trial, I have my doubts. I hope that I'm wrong. I believe she will kill again.

I don't know if it is a lust for the limelight, or if she is that del u dedicated and arrogant that she feels she and she alone can pull this off.

She seems furious with her little syncophants (psychophants?) that none of them have managed to come up with believable lies in order to get her freedom back.

Really, I wonder just how many meds they have her on that she's not jumping out of her seat screaming at witnesses (both pro and defense)

I am on the fence as to whether she will testify. What she wore in court yesterday was an odd choice. Makes me think she is flirting with a juror. However, I do think her number is up, and being who she is, she will have to get up there and act out.
This would be her grand finale. We shall see.

That's one thing that bugged me too. How she felt compelled to tell his siblings in the letter that the reason she had no gas receipts for Arizona is because the ninjas took them. Ya, and left you with all the California and Utah ones. She's not as smart as she thinks she is.

Well, the ninjas weren't there to hurt her, just Travis. So they wanted to make sure there was no evidence of her being in Arizona so she couldn't be wrongfully accused of their crime.

No, wait, sorry. Hold on.

The ninjas wanted to make sure that, if they let her go, she still couldn't be a witness. So they took the gas receipts so that if she said she was there and saw the ninjas, the police would said, "oh YEAH? Well if you were there, WHERE ARE YOUR AZ GAS RECEIPTS HUH?" and they would never believe her.

See?

And let's not forget that she stopped to grab her purse, just like any of us would do if we were running from killers. Not.

"... He pulled the trigger. And nothing happened with the gun. And so I just grabbed my purse, which was on the floor at that point, and I ran down the stairs and out of there..."

Classic weird embellishment: "... which was on the floor at that point ..."

As Juan would say, "Did I ask you where it was?"

Yes, you nailed it.

It should be:

"I pulled the trigger, it didn't go off. I grabbed the knife from my purse that was on the ground".

Curious... I remember, with a twinge of pain, the exact moment my son learned there were bad people in the world. He was four years old, playing in the back yard with some neighborhood kids; some were years older than him. One of those kids introduced a make believe game of a killer bad guy coming after all the other kids, with a gun. I was on our backporch and heard what that kid said. I saw the look on my son's face- he was confused. He'd never seen even pretend violence of any kind.

It may sound really stupid and overly sentimental, but it felt then and still does to me that he lost a piece of his innocence that day. It may sound even more stupid to you, but I feel like what I heard yesterday took something similar from me. I'm not young, not naïve, not unaware , even, that there are genuinely "evil" people in the world. I spent over a decade of my life working with Holocaust survivors, researching exactly when and how their families were murdered by the Nazis. I travelled all over Eastern Europe for that work, going to numerous concentration camps. I had nightmares regularly about what I saw and read and spoke about with those survivors.

But yesterday.....yesterday burned into my mind and heart what pure hatred looks and sounds like. A hatred so intense that murdering the person she blames for it doesn't suffice. ....I still can't really find the words to explain how deeply disturbing it is to know that people like her exist. It would be easier to understand if she was indifferent to what harm and pain she causes.

As to the stand. No, she's not going to testify that she hated Travis. She's going to express that hatred in the lies she tells while painting herself as his victim. And she'll be looking in the gallery to see the pain on the faces of those who loved Travis.

BBM... This doesn't sound stupid at all, and I thank you for saying it. I couldn't figure out how to put that exact feeling into words, and everytime I tried to type it out I felt silly. My husband came home from work and asked me what on earth what wrong with me, and all I could say was that I felt like something in me died.

Of course the Ninja's took the "gas receipts" ~ The ones from Arizona, doncha know....always thinking ahead!

The same gas receipts that were used to fill up the gas cans? *insert sarcasm*

Well, the ninjas weren't there to hurt her, just Travis. So they wanted to make sure there was no evidence of her being in Arizona so she couldn't be wrongfully accused of their crime.

No, wait, sorry. Hold on.

The ninjas wanted to make sure that, if they let her go, she still couldn't be a witness. So they took the gas receipts so that if she said she was there and saw the ninjas, the police would said, "oh YEAH? Well if you were there, WHERE ARE YOUR AZ GAS RECEIPTS HUH?" and they would never believe her.

See?

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Of all days for her to go for the sleeveless, tight seductress look- yesterday was the epitome of the wrong day. I am so glad. That flirty look was disgusting, and whichever juror she was flashing it to, probably needed an abnormally hot, cleansing shower to rid himself of it. Anyone think its the cowboy? Isn't he older?

Who wants to vote again? The results were close to 50/50 around the end of last week.

http://goo.gl/fVGjC0

OEdo55i.png

I just got back home, I needed my KLove fix, I went for a ride, I don't know why I can only get that station in my car. Now I'm ready to read all the posts :) Thinking positive thoughts only. God bless Travis God bless Travis' family.

Of all days for her to go for the sleeveless, tight seductress look- yesterday was the epitome of the wrong day. I am so glad. That flirty look was disgusting, and whichever juror she was flashing it to, probably needed an abnormally hot, cleansing shower to rid himself of it. Anyone think its the cowboy? Isn't he older?

BBM ~ I know "wrangler" juror has been talked about, but, at this point its pure speculation that he would be the one JA would be possibly flirting with.

Curious... I remember, with a twinge of pain, the exact moment my son learned there were bad people in the world. He was four years old, playing in the back yard with some neighborhood kids; some were years older than him. One of those kids introduced a make believe game of a killer bad guy coming after all the other kids, with a gun. I was on our backporch and heard what that kid said. I saw the look on my son's face- he was confused. He'd never seen even pretend violence of any kind.

It may sound really stupid and overly sentimental, but it felt then and still does to me that he lost a piece of his innocence that day. It may sound even more stupid to you, but I feel like what I heard yesterday took something similar from me.

I'm not young, not naïve, not unaware , even, that there are genuinely "evil" people in the world. I spent over a decade of my life working with Holocaust survivors, researching exactly when and how their families were murdered by the Nazis. I travelled all over Eastern Europe for that work, going to numerous concentration camps. I had nightmares regularly about what I saw and read and spoke about with those survivors.

But yesterday.....yesterday burned into my mind and heart what pure hatred looks and sounds like. A hatred so intense that murdering the person she blames for it doesn't suffice. ....I still can't really find the words to explain how deeply disturbing it is to know that people like her exist. It would be easier to understand if she was indifferent to what harm and pain she causes.

As to the stand. No, she's not going to testify that she hated Travis. She's going to express that hatred in the lies she tells while painting herself as his victim. And she'll be looking in the gallery to see the pain on the faces of those who loved Travis.

Hope, I have learned from being on WS that none of us realize what others here have gone through, or what experiences we have had. I am so sorry about your little boy hearing about evil at such a young age and not even understanding or knowing how to react. As a Mother, you can't get that day back. He couldn't unhear what was said. I am sorry. I have four children. I had eleven grandchildren but have lost two. You don't sound stupid at all. You had to face that with him at such a young age. I mean, four is just a baby!

I really think reading the words on WS that JM read to the jury from that letter caused a heart stab in all of us. Just when we think we know evil, we realize yet again how little we understand. I was crushed that she was allowed to get away with writing that letter. And now I can see your point of how she wants to get on that stand and display more of how much she hates Travis because she is the victim and she must make us all see it. When she hears the words "We set the sentence at death" or some words similar, I want to see her reaction. I understand if she gets LWOP, she will win. Because her life now is all about destroying Travis any way she can. What I will NEVER understand is her attorneys helping her to destroy him. There is no way they can ever say they were standing up for the Constitutional rights of everyone to have a fair trial. No more than Hitlers minions can say they were obeying orders.

That brings me to the next part of your post. I am not Jewish. I am a Christian. But I want to thank you for your service to the Jewish race. I believe there was pure evil inside Hitlers heart also. That spirit of evil overtook the soldiers, politicians, helpers, whoever they were that hated the Jews so badly that it seemed killing them was okay. As a very young girl I heard the horrors of the prison camps and I cried, wondering how can one person do that to another person? And for what? Yes, there is pure evil in this earth. I can remember being laughed at because people said I took matters too seriously. I see evil. I do NOT understand it.

Flirting with anyone on that jury is the wrong move. Any other Jury member witnessing that would know she is a manipulator for sure and they would know just what she uses to manipulate men. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. For 18 days at least.

:seeya: Yes, at a minimum 18 days :gaah:

I think she will want to "outdo" the time she spent on the stand for the trial, so I think she will go for 19 days, 20 days, maybe more :gaah:

:seeya: And looks like WS is back in service ... I now see the Thanks Button and the Edit Button !

I got from Geffner's brief mention yesterday of the PTSD test he gave JA that she's still claiming TA attacked her in the bathroom. It wasn't simply that his "abuse" built to a crescendo and caused her to momentarily "snap". There was mention of abuse + domestic violence as the triggering events - the dv I took to mean TA's supposed life-threatening violence toward JA that day that forced her to fight for her life. But Willmott didn't ask Geffner if or how JA described the murder to him, did she? Who's left to do that then, if not JA?

Teresa, I did it by clicking on this link http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=TVA , then I selected "donate" in the upper right hand corner, then selected "light a candle". The group name is TVA. Hope that helps.

It took me a while to figure out what to do. I clicked a candle that was not lit, then clicked through the nice little guided meditation screens. At the end, your candle is lit. The site says they stay lit for 48 hours, so come back and light another one later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseHase