Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/22 thru 1/26 Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Before yesterday I thought she wouldn't testify again. After yesterday I am 100% convinced she will get back on the stand, despite what will no doubt be vehement advise against it by both Nurmi and Wilmott.

That feeling was reinforced by what BritsKate wrote about what likely motivated JA to write the letter. I think the more DT tells her that her case isn't going well , the more determined she'll be to seize her last public opportunity to explain why Travis had to die, and her last chance to look at the faces of those who love Travis while she does her utmost to destroy his name.

:seeya:

BBM: I totally agree. I originally voted that she would NOT take the stand again after the super duper secret transcript was released.

:) But after reading BritsKate's post, yours and others posts, y'all are 100% correct that she will take the stand again.

This will be JA's last curtain call ... and she's not going to miss that opportunity !

:gaah:

so omg i just went to see what else MDLR has been tweeting out for jodi and i get this...

'You are blocked from following @JodiAnnArias and viewing @JodiAnnArias's Tweets. Learn more'

omg blocked by jodi....quite an achievement :floorlaugh:

Me too! I wonder if it's because I "favorite" reporter's tweets. :giggle:

Can't edit....so have to quote myself. Even at PPL events, he never claimed she was anything but a friend. It reminds of the time she aggressively cornered a lady in the bathroom Travis had been talking with to tell her to stay away from Travis at an event. Another instance of her aggression.

RBBM: Thanks, I did not know the Edit Button was missing until I read your post and looked !

The Thanks Button is still missing !

:ufo:

Marc MGee's various and sundry VERY PUBLIC comments have all been sent to Juan Martinez. He has said some pretty vile things, threatened women ,and said MANY things quite opposite of what Geffner read from his affiidavit

He said in one post he had NEVER seen Travis get physical with ANY woman, for example

http://www.courtchatter.com/2015/01/jodi-arias-more-lies-exposed-from.html?spref=tw

Nurmi opened a Pandora's box using THAT clown as a Affiant. I'm glad he is exposed now.

RBBM: Thanks, I did not know the Edit Button was missing until I read your post and looked !

So it's not just me. I was logging out, logging in, clear my cache/cookies. lol Has this technical issue been reported to WS?

I had horrible nightmares last night. Nothing to do with this directly but of not being able to get away from someone and not being able to call out or scream. My husband woke me up and I was inconsolable and had to sleep snuggled up to him so he would be able to sense sooner if I went into the dream again.

I was truly shocked and horrified yesterday. I follow a lot of missing and murder cases. I started reading true crime when I was 15. Psychology was my major in college. I have read a good deal of information on sociopaths and psychopaths and I can't really explain my reaction yesterday. It was deep in my soul. I will admit that there have been times that I wondered about Jodi, wondered wether she was just a personality disordered girl who could not handle abandonment and who was somehow able to keep exes around, and that allowed her some sort of ability to cope and that the situation with Travis and what he said to her just broke what little bit of sanity she had and well... we all know what happened.

I know I look for reasons, explainable reasons, I suppose to some degree because of my own childhood and experiences but in large part because there is not one single thing we can do for a person who is just evil.

I look at pictures of her as a child and cannot connect the two? It is something I need to come to terms with. Not everyone can be fixed. Not everyone has been hurt. I love children, I always have, even when I was not much more than a child myself I loved babies and anyone younger than myself. I probably should have been a teacher. I love my families kids, my neighbors kids, kids in my children's classes and on their sport teams and I can't even fathom how one of them could someday turn out to be evil like this. Yesterday was a window into something that closed some hidden notion or question- entirely. Forever. For me.

I truly believe the Alexanders have and will rise above this. I believe they learned this same lesson several years ago. I think it was as hard for them being victims in their own childhoods as anyone... I wonder what benefit of the doubt they initially, momentarily gave her, and how quickly it was shut off forever after the letter and more information was received. I wonder how they struggled, in their faith, believing that we are all children of God and how they had to reconcile that with the fact that Jodi is no child of God and pure evil. I see them united, unwavering and together. They have lost so much but you would almost never know it to look at them in moments they are not filled with pain. I hope more than anything that Jodi gets the sentence they feel she deserves and then they move on and heal, to the best of their ability together, stronger than ever. I hope they never cross paths with evil again.

They have suffered enough for several lifetimes. I am comforted that Travis is with his beloved mom mom and his father and mother and this time their connection is different and that together they watch over all of the siblings that were left behind.

For me personally, I hope this trial wraps up soon. I have a lot of wonderful activities coming this spring and I am going to commit to taking a break from all of this.

Frigga,
i had that exact dream several days ago. I awoke my husband and begged him to keep me awake so that I couldn't go back into the dream. I did this knowing he had to work the next day. Of course I felt awful about it. He keeps asking me why I care about this trial? After the Anthony trial, I promised myself never again. You answered your own question though. Jodi is evil. I do believe some people are beyond help. I believe some people are born evil. We will never understand them and we cannot explain them.

About 35 years ago I watched an interview on 20/20 with a serial killer on Texas death row. He would travel the interstates, hitch hiking and asking for help. He was snaggletoothed and had this wicked smile. He said it didn't matter to him who stopped, they were his next victim. There was nothing inside him. Then he smiled, looked at the camera, and said, "There are many more out there just like me. You could be next. " It just terrified me. I realized then that there really is evil in this world.

Just a few years ago, the BTK killer was interviewed on TV. He said he would just peruse the neighborhood and pick out a victim and once he picked them out, he set his plan in order and there was NOTHING anyone was going to do to stop him. He said he had no feelings about it. One lady cried as he locked up her children In another room and she asked if her was going to kill her. He said yes but as long as she was good, he wouldn't hurt her children. He did kill her. He didn't hurt the children. Her son remembered how she cried and begged for her life. Evil does exist. That is why these hired psychologists who lie for defendants like Jodi, and these low life defense attorneys make me sick.

Ok, so why does Jodi write in her letter to the Alexanders that *the "ninjas" stole the money out of her wallet AND the gas receipts? They just didn't take the wallet? Suuuuuuure.

*Paraphrased from BK site, snippets of letter.

I bet that goes back to my asking about the timeline this morning. I hadn't realized Flores was interviewing her in CA jail. So she was piecing together this manifesto based on the snippets she was discerning from him during their interviews. Her mind is just amazing in a twisted sense.

BTW random thought. One example of a copyright violation would be trying to sell a tracing you made of a photograph taken of you by a professional media photographer while you were on trial for murder.

No need to thank me for this post. :floorlaugh:

LOL!! Thank you!

So it's not just me. I was logging out, logging in, clear my cache/cookies. lol Has this technical issue been reported to WS?

Yes, in the Forum Finesse thread, there's this update this morning:

We're aware of the "thanks" button issue. Dave is working on the system, and disabling the "thanks" button temporarily is part of the process.

As always, thanks so much for your patience.

Bessie

Good post Curious. I still say she won't get back on the stand--if this was her last avenue to exact revenge, manipulate the truth, and attempt to destroy TA and those he loves, then hell yeah she would get back up there. But I suspect that she will use the appeals process, writing a book, social media, and any other avenue she can dream up to continue this demented and hateful mission of hers. As to your point about the original jurors, I would love to hear from them now that this letter has come into evidence.

Hi. I just can't make up my mind. I hope she doesn't. I hope this defense teams wraps it up, Juan comes out and brings in every single item that he wasn't allowed to bring in last time. I hope his closing statement is more powerful than last time. (I thought he was too sure that she would get the DP last time. He didn't count on Zervakos) and then I pray this jury deliberates a long time, comes to a unanimous decision and sends her down a long dark hole. If she is in general population, she will kill again, or get her minions to do it for her. She is a serial killer waiting to happen. I have said that so many times. Pure evil. The worst of the worst.

Good post Curious. I still say she won't get back on the stand--if this was her last avenue to exact revenge, manipulate the truth, and attempt to destroy TA and those he loves, then hell yeah she would get back up there. But I suspect that she will use the appeals process, writing a book, social media, and any other avenue she can dream up to continue this demented and hateful mission of hers. As to your point about the original jurors, I would love to hear from them now that this letter has come into evidence.

Hi. I just can't make up my mind. I hope she doesn't. I hope this defense teams wraps it up, Juan comes out and brings in every single item that he wasn't allowed to bring in last time. I hope his closing statement is more powerful than last time. (I thought he was too sure that she would get the DP last time. He didn't count on Zervakos) and then I pray this jury deliberates a long time, comes to a unanimous decision and sends her down a long dark hole. If she is in general population, she will kill again, or get her minions to do it for her. She is a serial killer waiting to happen. I have said that so many times. Pure evil. The worst of the worst.

Missing my buttons!!

So, anyway....I have been thinking about what Jodi will say.

She has NEVER missed an opportunity to TALK....so why would she quit now?

I think the "bad boyfriend defense" has been eviscerated by Juan. And we all know how important her "reputation" is to her. So I think her focus will be on her claims, Travis really DID love her, REALLLLLY. And she him, but she will create in her head some sort of romanticized doomed lovers [ninga style]....tale of woe. Ala, ALV fame.

I just don't think she will give Juan the last word....but who knows. Bet Nurmi and Wilmot have their hands full about now. I say this with a grin.

Missing my buttons!!

So, anyway....I have been thinking about what Jodi will say.

She has NEVER missed an opportunity to TALK....so why would she quit now?

I think the "bad boyfriend defense" has been eviscerated by Juan. And we all know how important her "reputation" is to her. So I think her focus will be on her claims, Travis really DID love her, REALLLLLY. And she him, but she will create in her head some sort of romanticized doomed lovers [ninga style]....tale of woe. Ala, ALV fame.

I just don't think she will give Juan the last word....but who knows. Bet Nurmi and Wilmot have their hands full about now. I say this with a grin.

BBM: I totally agree. I originally voted that she would NOT take the stand again after the super duper secret transcript was released.

:) But after reading BritsKate's post, yours and others posts, y'all are 100% correct that she will take the stand again.

This will be JA's last curtain call ... and she's not going to miss that opportunity !

Agreed. For 18 days at least.

OK, y'all, I got my psychology degree at Walmart, so I know I'm not really qualified to say this, but I think she is insane. I see an above average intelligence coupled with some of the World's Dumbest Criminals behaviors...the dumbest being her failure to lawyer up before she opened her mouth to explain away all of the other dumb moves she made. Then add to the mix that only a depraved mind could write that letter to the family believing that it showed compassion or that anyone else would believe the lies. Her behaviors are so bizarre and abnormal that it seems she really does not know right from wrong.
She isn't insane and she's very far from dumb actually. She's a psychopath. Psychopaths know the difference between right and wrong, they just don't think the rules of right and wrong should apply to them. They're superior beings.

It's because of that feeling of superiority that they may appear to do what some would consider dumb. Lawyering up may have made her look like she had something to hide from investigators. She needed to cozy up to them and learn how much they knew. She believed she could convince them of her innocence. It isn't stupidity, it's supreme egocentricity. There is no one as smart as Jodi.

The letter...her behaviors are indeed abnormal because SHE is abnormal. And yes, depraved without a doubt. The reason her actions and words seem so odd is because she is literally having to fake such emotion. Some will tell you psychopaths don't feel but I disagree. I think they constantly feel varying shades of anger. Every other emotion is felt but at a much more shallow level than 'normal' folks. Let's say someone you love dearly dies - you hurt, you grieve, and you miss them. A psychopath will miss a loved one too - but it will be at a much more superficial level - like missing what that person provided to them. Travis made Jodi look better to others and feel better about herself. There's a lot to miss for her but it will never be the same as what those who were capable of truly loving Travis will feel. A story I can offer up: a couple weeks after my mother passed away, my ex flipped out on me, telling me how selfish and cold I was for not understanding HIS loss. Um, MY mom, dude. But that's a good example - it isn't how they're affected but how it affects them, if that makes sense. He was upset that my grief took the focus off him and what he wanted - which was the sympathy and attention others were bestowing on me. Years before, he also became irate I wouldn't attend a work dinner the same day I got out of the hospital after a C-section. ;) He told me I made him look bad for not going with him and any 'good' woman would. I didn't go so he retaliated by leaving me for a week with a newborn and a toddler. That's what marriage to someone like Jodi looks like.

So because psychopaths don't feel with the depth and breadth of someone non-personality disordered, they're forced to mimic emotions instead. They know what remorse (or love, sympathy, etc.) SHOULD look like but because they can't really feel it, it's difficult to come across as sincere, especially when the psychopath is in the spotlight. The worst thing she could have done, for self-preservation, was write any letter but psychopaths always know better. She believed she could convince those who loved Travis of her innocence, trauma, wishing she could have saved him, etc. No one is as smart as Jodi.

JMO and FWIW

ETA: Thanks MeeBee and Mindmatters. I hadn't caught up yet. :)

Marc MGee's various and sundry VERY PUBLIC comments have all been sent to Juan Martinez. He has said some pretty vile things, threatened women ,and said MANY things quite opposite of what Geffner read from his affiidavit

He said in one post he had NEVER seen Travis get physical with ANY woman, for example

http://www.courtchatter.com/2015/01/jodi-arias-more-lies-exposed-from.html?spref=tw

Nurmi opened a Pandora's box using THAT clown as a Affiant. I'm glad he is exposed now.

Me too. I didn't know anything about him until this penalty phase retrial.

Pretty funny that Nurmi would choose someone who was so active on the despicable, justice-thwarting social media that Nurmi complained so much about. I also am tickled that this whole retrial is being reported mostly via the EeeeeEEEeeevil Twitter.

She isn't insane and she's very far from dumb actually. She's a psychopath. Psychopaths know the difference between right and wrong, they just don't think the rules of right and wrong should apply to them. They're superior beings.

It's because of that feeling of superiority that they may appear to do what some would consider dumb. Lawyering up may have made her look like she had something to hide from investigators. She needed to cozy up to them and learn how much they knew. She believed she could convince them of her innocence. It isn't stupidity, it's supreme egocentricity. There is no one as smart as Jodi.

The letter...her behaviors are indeed abnormal because SHE is abnormal. And yes, depraved without a doubt. The reason her actions and words seem so odd is because she is literally having to fake such emotion. Some will tell you psychopaths don't feel but I disagree. I think they constantly feel varying shades of anger. Every other emotion is felt but at a much more shallow level than 'normal' folks. Let's say someone you love dearly dies - you hurt, you grieve, and you miss them. A psychopath will miss a loved one too - but it will be at a much more superficial level - like missing what that person provided to them. Travis made Jodi look better to others and feel better about herself. There's a lot to miss for her but it will never be the same as what those who were capable of truly loving Travis will feel. A story I can offer up: a couple weeks after my mother passed away, my ex flipped out on me, telling me how selfish and cold I was for not understanding HIS loss. Um, MY mom, dude. But that's a good example - it isn't how they're affected but how it affects them, if that makes sense. He was upset that my grief took the focus off him and what he wanted - which was the sympathy and attention others were bestowing on me. Years before, he also became irate I wouldn't attend a work dinner the same day I got out of the hospital after a C-section. ;) He told me I made him look bad for not going with him and any 'good' woman would. I didn't go so he retaliated by leaving me for a week with a newborn and a toddler. That's what marriage to someone like Jodi looks like.

So because psychopaths don't feel with the depth and breadth of someone non-personality disordered, they're forced to mimic emotions instead. They know what remorse (or love, sympathy, etc.) SHOULD look like but because they can't really feel it, it's difficult to come across as sincere, especially when the psychopath is in the spotlight. The worst thing she could have done, for self-preservation, was write any letter but psychopaths always know better. She believed she could convince those who loved Travis of her innocence, trauma, wishing she could have saved him, etc. No one is as smart as Jodi.

JMO and FWIW

This is exactly the vibe I get from reading about Jodi or seeing her testify. Someone posted an article about a. Nine year old boy diagnosed as a psychopath and it was terrifying. I don't know what his future or those around him holds in store.

Thank you so much Curious for your thoughtful response and excellent explanation of what you have learned about evil! I always admire and appreciate your wisdom~ Frigga

No wonder she can't even pretend to show remorse. I fervently hope she takes the stand again. I'm not sure the jury needs any more reason to give her the DP, but if they do, seeing and hearing her slime Travis after what they heard today should do the trick .

I wanted to go back and read the first few pages of these posts.

Wow. You said a mouthful Hope. Now I am hoping she does get on the stand! And I love what BritsKate wrote. She hates anyone who loves Travis because SHE is the victim. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee