Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/22 thru 1/26 Break

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG ... I missed yesterday's Bombshell : that letter JA sent the Alexander Family after she killed Travis !

I read yesterday's Tweets, but, has the entire letter been made public, or just portions of the letter that was read in court? TIA!

:grouphug: I am happy that the Alexander's gave Juan permission to use that letter. I think that it will have a huge impact on the jury's decision in giving JA what she truly deserves: the Death Penalty !

It's now posted in full on the Sidebar Thread.

What a crazy coincidence, on 20/20 tonight there was a passing reference to the Shakespeare festival in Oregon CMJA mentions in the letter. Crazy, since today's the first I heard of the festival.

Who wants to vote again? The results were close to 50/50 around the end of last week.

http://goo.gl/fVGjC0

OEdo55i.png

IMHO, she will want one last chance to be on the world stage, flashing her beauty, brains and charm ('twas so very hard to type that part with a straight face). No doubt this will be the ultimate challenge for her lawyers - I mean, what's a DT to do when there's nothing left to say? After yesterday, most lies have been exposed, most defenses have been demolished and the truth of her evilness has been utterly revealed. Even if she/they pulled out all the stops and tried for a last ditch attempt at showing massive remorse, the antics of the past few months should leave no doubt in the jurors' minds that this entire penalty phase must certainly have been a cruel joke, that surely they were "punked".

Oh, I fume every time I think of that letter. I applaud the Alexander siblings for their bravery for allowing this mind-blowing, fate-sealing evidence to finally be exposed. And more than ever, I pray that this spends the rest of her useless life on death row, and that her lying lawyers and posse of defense "experts" some day receive their karma.

Sorry for the rant. I'm just SO heartbroken for TA's family more than ever.

@jeffgoldesq: #JodiArias trial may run late into the evening on Monday 1/26/2015. Attorneys, court staff and jurors are preparing to stay until 8pm.

Last time she did this it was to bring the trial to an end. Maybe an indicator Jodi will not get back on stand?

Maybe an indicator that she might? Maybe JA is up next since she wasn't able to finish her secret testimony. We all know how long that takes.
Well I'm certainly no lawyer, and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but what good would it do Jodi to (re)take the stand at this point? Juan, in only a day and a half, has dismantled her entire two-year case of abuse/pr0n, and put forth the theory in front of the jury that she and Travis may not have even been in a mutually exclusive boyfriend/girlfriend relationship. And that letter to the Alexander family didn't win her any Brownie points either. And Juan's not done yet. If she (re)takes the stand, there's nothing she can say to anything Juan disproved. Unless she just wants to deny, lie and argue with Juan (not a good idea at this point, imo. He will rip her a fourth hole). The way I see it, Jodi's only prayer at life now is to plead and beg the jurors to spare her own worthless and pathetic life with a heartfelt, meaningful, tearful allocution that doesn't include holding up a "Survivor" t-shirt for them to see or any empty promises of recycling, teaching Spanish, donating hair or book club tea parties. And actually saying "sorry" might help, too, but I pray it doesn't. I pray nothing works for her this time. The first jury screwed up, but after court yesterday I now think this jury is going to grant her her wish of the death penalty, even without her having to beg for it. So, no, I don't think Jodi is up next. :D

I think CMJA will take the stand again. I don't think she can help herself. She really believes in her twisted little mind she can explain everything away...she's smarter than everyone else afterall. She will not do herself any favors taking the stand again, especially since she will be cross examined and we've seen how aggressive she gets with JM, but she's too full of herself to resist.

Note that the ninjas were all in black until she realized there was a photo of blue pants and a bleeding murder victim that survived the wash, rinse, and spin cycles.

Then and only then did she recall through her bogus PTSD fog that "the male" was wearing blue jeans.

She even messes up in the middle of that lie by saying something like they were both dressed all in black, except one wore blue jeans [in which case they weren't both dressed all in black]. It seems she started to say one thing and couldn't resist adding in an embellishing detail. If you recall, JM called her a "florid" liar in the Guilty Phase closing argument.

There are a lot of words that are phonetically correct, but orthographically incorrect. Since the letter was typed and the original was handwritten by JA, I'm guessing one person was dictating JA's text and another person was keyboarding. The errors are typical of dictation errors: you'll notice similar ones in the court reporting. In the spirit of getting it out on the internet, they were probably in a hurry and didn't proof.

Or text-to-speech software. Beth Karas posted the handwritten letter on karasoncrime.com earlier tonight.

In all my long life I've always thought there was at least a smidgen of good in every person, no matter their failings, but after reading that letter JA has made me gravely doubt that, she is a horror of a human being. Not just dating or sending that to his family on his birthday but mentioning it, as if a present to them. She gave no details about any injuries he suffered but went on and on about her own (and countless other details that were just bizarre, like the young blonde girls outside). I do hope the jury gets to read the entire thing, it likely will seal her fate.

I truly think her fate was sealed yesterday.

Or text-to-speech software. Beth Karas posted the handwritten letter on karasoncrime.com earlier tonight.
There's a link to it on the sidebar thread too. It's from the 13th juror page.

ETA: On sidebar thread it's post #728

Goodnight everyone. One last thought. I wonder how Michael Keifer feels right now? Surely he has read the letter. Is he still going to stand up for CMJA and her defense team?

Is anyone else as enraged as I am right now after reading her letter? I can't even see straight right now!

Wow, at last count the "yes she will" take the stand count is at 96, and the "no she won't" take the stand count is 67.

Maybe a more accurate pie chart survey would be "Should She" or "Shouldn't She"?

What a crazy coincidence, on 20/20 tonight there was a passing reference to the Shakespeare festival in Oregon CMJA mentions in the letter. Crazy, since today's the first I heard of the festival.

The Shakespeare Festival is quite well known (by people who go to Shakespeare Festivals), but can you imagine JA sitting through a Shakespeare play? Talk about "florid" BS! Hahahaha! I'm sure she thought this one up because TA was dead and she knew she wouldn't have to actually go. She also probably considers herself a Shakespeare tragic heroine. Right...... next to her, Lady Macbeth looks like a sweetheart.

Goodnight everyone. One last thought. I wonder how Michael Keifer feels right now? Surely he has read the letter. Is he still going to stand up for CMJA and her defense team?

You know what was interesting is I realized something and went back to the thread to check and I was right: Kiefer did not tweet about the letter during court yesterday. Everyone else did. But he went silent for long stretches where the letter is being used and then picks back up when it's done. Unless the person tweeting for him just missed it he pretended it didn't even happen. But you know, I'm sure he's not biased or anything...

I dont think this will change anything for him.

What she wrote (bolded) is technically true.

She, however, is not serving days in jail/prison for a heinous crime she didn't commit.

She, however, is serving days in jail/prison for a heinous crime that she alone committed.
Yeah, I caught that. It's a double negative, which means a positive. It fits with her superior attitude that "No jury will ever convict me, mark my words".

Just imagine how ticked off Jodi was when Deanna showed up to the house at Travis' request to check on Napoleon, and caught Jodi making cookies, etc. Oh yeah, Deanna was not suppose to know about Jodi, the secret. (JMO)

Yet Deanna was the psychopath who would melt down at the prospect of Travis dating another girl??? In what possible world??? Not from what I've seen of Deanna. Jodi was projecting herself onto Deanna.

And let's not forget that she stopped to grab her purse, just like any of us would do if we were running from killers. Not.

"... He pulled the trigger. And nothing happened with the gun. And so I just grabbed my purse, which was on the floor at that point, and I ran down the stairs and out of there..."

Classic weird embellishment: "... which was on the floor at that point ..."

As Juan would say, "Did I ask you where it was?"

The thing that is so stupid is that the man had her on her knees and told her to stay and he left the room. She told Det. Flores that he had left the room for several minutes. This is after she ran into the closet from the bathroom and the man caught her at the door into Travis's bedroom because the ninja are in the hall. She sees the man at the end of the bathroom hall standing when the carpet and tile meet another time. The same place she slit Travis's throat. She has no clue in how stupid and impossible her story is. Travis may of had a large bathroom, but you put three or four people in there and it gets very crowded to make all the moves Jodi claims.

When I read the letter all see is - I me and mine. It was all about her and very little of Travis. Jodi realized that she was and would always be the other woman as she said, and she anger grew. In her journal she ask the question why not me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clm79