Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/22 thru 1/26 Break

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She also makes sure to mention that they looked at her car registration. I've seen a photo of her driver's license and if I remember correctly, the address was a P.O. Box in Big Sur. That's why she had to throw in that tidbit about her car registration. So many details and over explaining. Such a liar.

You nailed it.

drivers-license-jodi-arias-jpg.jpg

Good point on the crowded bathroom and the all-important knee position, which is her absolute fave. I'd like to know what happened to the ninja's bloody footprints....

When she writes about the ninja kicking her in the knees several times,I remember the bruising up and down Travis's legs and that is what she did to him. How insane and petty is it telling about two toenails bleeding on her left foot, when Travis was slaughtered Or how lucky she was that the gun never went off pointed at her, and that she was given a reprieve from death if she never told anyone. How many crappy movie has she watch to get her scripts from?

Yet Deanna was the psychopath who would melt down at the prospect of Travis dating another girl??? In what possible world??? Not from what I've seen of Deanna. Jodi was projecting herself onto Deanna.

I believe JA was setting Deanna up as the possible female Ninja? She tried to cover every base in that letter, while simultaneously trying to take down everyone who loved Travis and did not care for her one bit. And when the ninja story fell apart, she used the rest of the letter as the narrative for her defense.

Despicable. Just unbelievably evil and deserving of the worst punishment AZ has to offer.

MOO

The updated version:

L1tfj8C.png

Ideas for an author for this lovely title? Jab U. Now? U Bettcha?

I thought it sounded familiar too. But I think it is just very much like the Ninja Story she tried to sell to Flores.

It sounds familiar because it's almost word for word what she's said herself on the stand, twice.

MOO

I know there is the Travis doing the chicken dance and Jodi running around taking his picture. Then there is a picture of Travis holding her up in his arms, and she is in the same clothes, and I didn't know if this was the same night, except Travis is in different ones. But she never talks about dating like people do as in movies and things.

Travis did take her on some nice trips, but Jodi wanted a label, a title of being his girlfriend. DeAnna and Lisa held that title, Jodi knew she never would. The over the top crap about DeAnna pisses me off. The wanting to "warn" Lisa about two timing Travis so she could save herself ( as in the you'll be a *advertiser censored* letter warning letter?) is beyond belief. She is no Einstein. She just evil.

I felt every blow in reading that letter, and I thought of Travis turning his back so it wouldn't hurt as much when his mother beat him.AZL, what is the question that has to be asked twice - once in front of the jury once without? I have this thing in the back of my mind of why, but I could be wrong. Is it to impeach the person on the witness stand? and is this will be the question that JSS made the jury leave for?

That was the first thing I thought of when the autopsy report talked of the stab/slashes to Travis back. He tried to lessen the hurt by taking the knife blows on his back (as he learned in childhood) as he crawled away from JA. :sigh:

When she writes about the ninja kicking her in the knees several times,I remember the bruising up and down Travis's legs and that is what she did to him. How insane and petty is it telling about two toenails bleeding on her left foot, when Travis was slaughtered Or how lucky she was that the gun never went off pointed at her, and that she was given a reprieve from death if she never told anyone. How many crappy movie has she watch to get her scripts from?

I'll bet she fired once and the gun didn't go off and this detail in the letter also reflects that reality.

Did they ever even go on a date? Like to the movies? A romantic dinner with another couple? Coffee and a walk in the park? Some of the activities he thought to do with Lisa or Deanna (I don't know what Mormons do for "dates", apologies)?

I think most Mormon couples go on group dates do they not? Chaperones and all that? So I'm going to say, no, they were never a dating couple known to either of their families or close friends. I believe only the Hughes knew of them as a possible "couple" when they first met.. Love to hear their take on what they thought was going on. We know from the email that JA lied to them about the "relationship" don't we?

MOO

"Sometimes things happen that seem like they're not part of the plan". And that kind of sums it up. Ready on her toes, wing it, the defense is lousy being puppet mastered by her. She reminds me of fly paper. Anything touches it, your stuck. Maybe I should liken it to a black widows web.

I'll bet she fired once at TA and the gun didn't go off and this detail in the letter also reflects the reality.

This must be some kind of transcript, no? Too many misspellings and grammatical errors for Einstein?

But...she gives a hint of why she's so smart when she says her "four head". :giggle:

Speaking of Jodi and Deanna...

Didn't Jodi show up at Travis' house once when he was out of town, and Deanna was already there because Travis had asked her to check on the place for him?

If so, it all makes sense to me now why Travis would ask Deanna, and not Jodi, to check in on his house and dog when he was out of town. Why you ask? Because as Juan so astutely pointed out in court yesterday... Travis never really considered Jodi to be his girlfriend! I tell ya, this re-do of a mini trial is really painting the full picture of the nature of their relationship.

And as someone else here mentioned the other day, Travis and Jodi probably never even talked to each other on Valentines Day in 2007, even though I think she claimed they were already a couple by then.

Wow, everything considered... the picture of her wearing that Travis' t-shirt that she had made is super duper delusional crazy now. Like "Play Misty For Me" crazy.

I don't actually think the letter came (first) from the family.

She was in custody when she wrote and sent it.

And nothing should be sent out of that jail without passing by corrections officers.

All of her phone conversations are recorded as well.

I tend to agree. I think that letter has always been in evidence. The DT are using it word for word for her defense but I also think they were somehow able to exclude the prosecution from using it in the guilt phase. Too prejudicial? Anyway, I think because the rules are different in the penalty phase and because it speaks to some of the things their "expert" has been "opining" about, JM was able to get it into evidence in this phase. Might be another reason why the family refused to release it during the guilt phase. JM knew he might get it in somehow in the penalty phase?

Actually, I think the only part he was able to get in was the reference to the ninjas. Because of the lie on the PTSD diagnosis which was based on Ninjas attacking her?

MOO

I think most Mormon couples go on group dates do they not? Chaperones and all that? So I'm going to say, no, they were never a dating couple known to either of their families or close friends. I believe only the Hughes knew of them as a possible "couple" when they first met.. Love to hear their take on what they thought was going on. We know from the email that JA lied to them about the "relationship" don't we?

I can't think of a single piece of evidence that they went on any kind of a date, group or "double", chaperoned or unchaperoned, even in JA's journals. On the other hand, it was clear that TA was taking Lisa on "date dates", as well as Deanna, and others, so "dating" was very much in his menu of possibilities.

You know what was interesting is I realized something and went back to the thread to check and I was right: Kiefer did not tweet about the letter during court yesterday. Everyone else did. But he went silent for long stretches where the letter is being used and then picks back up when it's done. Unless the person tweeting for him just missed it he pretended it didn't even happen. But you know, I'm sure he's not biased or anything...

I dont think this will change anything for him.

I KNOW! I went looking for his tweets to see what he said and he was silent. LOL Whatsa matta Kiefer? Cat got your tongue?

She knew she was injured by the knife and that more of her blood may have been found so voila, bloody feet. Bare feet. When the dragging pic showed otherwise. But the ninja, who was wearing shoes, stood over him in the hallway. Hmm...could be the Ninja in that pic. She formed an explanation for everything she could think of that might have pointed to her guilt. She thought she had it all covered too and stuck to that story for a long time. Until she was finally convinced of another approach, using the rest of the info in the letter.

MOO

I know there is the Travis doing the chicken dance and Jodi running around taking his picture. Then there is a picture of Travis holding her up in his arms, and she is in the same clothes, and I didn't know if this was the same night, except Travis is in different ones. But she never talks about dating like people do as in movies and things.

Travis did take her on some nice trips, but Jodi wanted a label, a title of being his girlfriend. DeAnna and Lisa held that title, Jodi knew she never would. The over the top crap about DeAnna pisses me off. The wanting to "warn" Lisa about two timing Travis so she could save herself ( as in the you'll be a *advertiser censored* letter warning letter?) is beyond belief. She is no Einstein. She just evil.

I felt every blow in reading that letter, and I thought of Travis turning his back so it wouldn't hurt as much when his mother beat him.

AZL, what is the question that has to be asked twice - once in front of the jury once without? I have this thing in the back of my mind of why, but I could be wrong. Is it to impeach the person on the witness stand? and is this will be the question that JSS made the jury leave for?

BBM You have me curious about this too. Was this "discovery" on the fly because JM had not seen the new iteration of the PTSD test?

JA maybe went to some meetings with TA, but there don't seem to have been many of those either. The Huntington Beach one that I can think of seems to have been meetings+booty call, not anything you'd call romantic or "dating".

I felt every blow in reading that letter, and I thought of Travis turning his back so it wouldn't hurt as much when his mother beat him.

AZL, what is the question that has to be asked twice - once in front of the jury once without? I have this thing in the back of my mind of why, but I could be wrong. Is it to impeach the person on the witness stand? and is this will be the question that JSS made the jury leave for?

No, every successful question in every cross-examination impeaches the witness. The only point in ever asking a question first outside the jury's presence is if you are concerned that the answer might cause a mistrial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clm79