Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/22 thru 1/26 Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I'm surprised, because it's JA, but the amount of meaningless rambling and details in that letter make my head spin. She can't just tell a story can she? It has to have lots of flourishes and fancy words and take the long way around to get to the point she's trying to make.

I'm glad for it because people can see just who she really is!

No, every successful question in every cross-examination impeaches the witness. The only point in ever asking a question first outside the jury's presence is if you are concerned that the answer might cause a mistrial.

Have you any idea, AZL, what about the contents of the answer to JM's question might have caused a mistrial?

She didn't live long enough :(

I am relieved his sweet grandma left this earth before this evil circus of a trial began. It's bad enough that the sibs need to endure this krap.

No, every successful question in every cross-examination impeaches the witness. The only point in ever asking a question first outside the jury's presence is if you are concerned that the answer might cause a mistrial.

AZL Could you tell from the tweets if Juan will get to ask his question in front of the jury on Monday? Or did the judge refuse to allow?

Thank you kindly for your valuable help in understanding all things legal. :)

Thanks, I wonder if anyone has submitted this as evidence?

https://nzfvc.org.nz/?q=node/1644

"Learning Objectives

Participants will:

Be able differentiate between abuse, high conflict, alienation, estrangement, and rejection
Be able to identify two common mistakes made by custody evaluators in the context of intimate partner violence and child abuse
Better understand the dynamics of domestic violence and child abuse as they occur in child custody cases
Be able to list three procedures that should be followed in investigating child abuse or intimate partner violence in child custody cases"

It shows that Dr.G just happened to be in MM's area last April. In fact, this free seminar that he put on(wonder who paid for him to participate, perhaps AZ residents?) had been submitted according to that article, March 5, 2014. Anyone know how that lines up with MM coming forward with all his "evidence" for JA?

Not that it really matters as far as his evidence goes:
http://www.courtchatter.com/2015/01/jodi-arias-breaking-down-mitigation.html?showComment=1422049015015#c1341802967987989403

but I think it does go towards showing how this doctor likely got his information in such a way that the PT was not privy to.

BBM - Yea yea, replying to my own post... anyway, this is what I found, not sure how that corresponds with what the PT has as evidence.

This is what Debbie Maran had found:
http://jodiariastrialtruth.blogspot.ca/

"If the claim were true, MMc would have held the information about the child *advertiser censored* prior to Arias ever going to trial. He was vocal on social media during and after the trial, but never said one word until early 2014."

"And now he wants the public to believe he kept it to himself until March 2014 when he finally decided to share it with the defense? Nothing stopped MMc from sharing his "proof" on social media. In fact, around March-April 2014 he did.
"

I had forgotten how transparently she had tried to co-opt Ryan Burns.

She slaughters TA, then drives immediately to Utah to grind Ryan Burns for an alibi.

Then, in 2009, thinking Ryan the continual and convenient patsy, she tries to win him over as a Defense witness yet again with this letter she sends from jail:

https://www.scribd.com/embeds/140465751/content?start_page=1&view_mode=scroll

She knew she was injured by the knife and that more of her blood may have been found so voila, bloody feet. Bare feet. When the dragging pic showed otherwise. But the ninja, who was wearing shoes, stood over him in the hallway. Hmm...could be the Ninja in that pic. She formed an explanation for everything she could think of that might have pointed to her guilt. She thought she had it all covered too and stuck to that story for a long time. Until she was finally convinced of another approach, using the rest of the info in the letter.

MOO

BBM

Someone's feet were bare, alright.

Naked and vulnerable Travis had bare and wet feet.

They were sliding about in water and his own blood as she butchered him.

Have you any idea, AZL, what about the contents of the answer to JM's question might have caused a mistrial?

AZL Could you tell from the tweets if Juan will get to ask his question in front of the jury on Monday? Or did the judge refuse to allow?

Thank you kindly for your valuable help in understanding all things legal. :)

What was the question? I can't remember.

In the letter, she mentions snooping into Travis' text messages, which of course isn't exactly news to us. Then in court recently, defense introduced sexual texts between Travis and Chaitanya Lay, and some other women (?), which were strangely over the top - really laying it all out there, sexually.

Anyway, the two things together made me think that Travis and Chaitanya, et al, were faking it in a really OTT way as a joke on Arias, to give her way more than she bargained when she snooped into his messages.

Speaking of Jodi and Deanna...

Didn't Jodi show up at Travis' house once when he was out of town, and Deanna was already there because Travis had asked her to check on the place for him?

If so, it all makes sense to me now why Travis would ask Deanna, and not Jodi, to check in on his house and dog when he was out of town. Why you ask? Because as Juan so astutely pointed out in court yesterday... Travis never really considered Jodi to be his girlfriend! I tell ya, this re-do of a mini trial is really painting the full picture of the nature of their relationship.

And as someone else here mentioned the other day, Travis and Jodi probably never even talked to each other on Valentines Day in 2007, even though I think she claimed they were already a couple by then.

Wow, everything considered... the picture of her wearing that Travis' t-shirt that she had made is super duper delusional crazy now. Like "Play Misty For Me" crazy.

DeAnna said that she drove about an half an hour to Travis's home to find Jodi on Travis's laptop and baking cookies. Jodi said that DeAnna went up to Travis's bedroom and locked the door, then she came down and went into his office and locked it. IIRC one of Travis's room mates was outside on the telephone. Don't know if he was telling Travis about anything or if he was just talking to friends.

and IIRC Travis drove over to her house and threw a melted Toberlone chocolate bar at her. But in another place (on the stand first trial?) Jodi says that she wasn't expecting anything. Why, if you were an official couple would you think that? By Jodi's word they only been official for twelve days by then.

I was glad to see her telling Abe that she wasn't in a relationship and wasn't married in that same month., and the state got it in.

What was the question? I can't remember.

No idea what it was, but it was about the test:

"Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 48s49 seconds ago
This Q will be presented to jury on Monday. #jodiarias

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 1m1 minute ago
For some reason Juan is required to ask Geff Qs twice, once w/o jury, second time w/jury. #jodiarias

Carolyn Sung ‏@CarolynSungCNN 2m2 minutes ago
Once again the FTR and camera is turned off. #jodiarias

With jury excused, Martinez puts back up the validity scale questions to review with Geffner. #jodiarias

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 2m2 minutes ago
Cameras shut off, jurors asked to leave. We're still here bc Juan wants to question Geff about test. #jodiarias
"

BBM - Yea yea, replying to my own post... anyway, this is what I found, not sure how that corresponds with what the PT has as evidence.

This is what Debbie Maran had found:
http://jodiariastrialtruth.blogspot.ca/

"If the claim were true, MMc would have held the information about the child *advertiser censored* prior to Arias ever going to trial. He was vocal on social media during and after the trial, but never said one word until early 2014."

"And now he wants the public to believe he kept it to himself until March 2014 when he finally decided to share it with the defense? Nothing stopped MMc from sharing his "proof" on social media. In fact, around March-April 2014 he did.
"

Wasn't Travis or DeAnna living with the bishop a that time? I don't see Travis doing or screaming what MMc said he did there. It seems like a communal area of the house, why would Travis risk shoving her down and screaming cuss words at her.

What I did like was Juan asking Gef is MMc looked at child *advertiser censored*, and that he had looked it it long enough to name details of the images. That took out MMc, and I'm wondering if the second one will be handled in the same manner ie; using Gef to discredit them?

Also Juan asking about the test score that had Jodi's "corrections" on them reminds me of "you F up "message in the magazine. I still chuckle at Nurmi and Wilmont looking over those magazine trying to figured out what Juan was talking about - seeing the code and they immediately wanted an approach. They'd seen the magazines before but didn't realized their significance. It was like the gas can receipts. It blindsided them.

DeAnna said that she drove about an half an hour to Travis's home to find Jodi on Travis's laptop and baking cookies. Jodi said that DeAnna went up to Travis's bedroom and locked the door, then she came down and went into his office and locked it. IIRC one of Travis's room mates was outside on the telephone. Don't know if he was telling Travis about anything or if he was just talking to friends.

and IIRC Travis drove over to her house and threw a melted Toberlone chocolate bar at her. But in another place (on the stand first trial?) Jodi says that she wasn't expecting anything. Why, if you were an official couple would you think that? By Jodi's word they only been official for twelve days by then.

I was glad to see her telling Abe that she wasn't in a relationship and wasn't married in that same month., and the state got it in.
Oh, that's right. Thanks for "gently" correcting me on the details. I don't remember Travis throwing a glob of melted Toblerone at her though. "That's mildly amusing" ;) Did he do that for her inviting herself over to play house that day, or was that what he gave her for Valentines Day? I think I may be confused on which V.D. this was though -- 2007 or 2008? Because I think 2007 is when they may or may not have been official (depending on who you talk to -- well too late to talk to Travis :(), she still lived in Palm Desert. That's a long way to drive just to throw a glob of melted chocolate at someone (though totally worth the gas money). On V.D. in 2008 they weren't a couple, even by her admission, and that's when she lived within driving distance and wouldn't have been expecting anything. Ok, even I'm confused now. Is V.D. in 2007 when Travis supposedly mailed her the care package in Palm Desert?

Also... did Jodi really send Abe that email saying they could only be non-hugging friends because out of the goodness of her heart she (paraphrasing here) didn't want to misrepresent her relationship with him to Travis? I think that email somehow accidentally on purpose got forwarded to Travis, but I don't remember Abe's name in Send To line -- just "Forward" in the message line. I think Juan was saying that the email was nothing than more Jodi trickery. Eh... maybe she did send it to Abe, and as an afterthought she forwarded it to Travis later on. Was that 2008, too, or 2007? I'm getting mixed up now.

Anyways... thanks for the Deanna/Jodi confrontation update. :) I still think it says a lot that he asked Deanna to check in on his place rather than Jodi who only lived minutes away. Ha! Take that! :D

Wasn't Travis or DeAnna living with the bishop a that time? I don't see Travis doing or screaming what MMc said he did there. It seems like a communal area of the house, why would Travis risk shoving her down and screaming cuss words at her.

What I did like was Juan asking Gef is MMc looked at child *advertiser censored*, and that he had looked it it long enough to name details of the images. That took out MMc, and I'm wondering if the second one will be handled in the same manner ie; using Gef to discredit them?

Also Juan asking about the test score that had Jodi's "corrections" on them reminds me of "you F up "message in the magazine. I still chuckle at Nurmi and Wilmont looking over those magazine trying to figured out what Juan was talking about - seeing the code and they immediately wanted an approach. They'd seen the magazines before but didn't realized their significance. It was like the gas can receipts. It blindsided them.

BBM - I don't believe so, DR wasn't even in the country at the time, she was on her mission in Costa Rica(June 2000-Nov 2001) and I believe TA was still living with his grandma until after he and DR got back together(they broke up the summer of 2001 by letter while she was away and didn't get back together until sometime in 2002) and then both moved to Mesa within a few months of each other sometime after that. The story that MM told was that his fiance was staying at the Bishop's when she would come to visit, so there is a very tight timeline on when any of this could have occurred... iow's, it didn't.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Travis_Alexander
"After his father's death in July 1997,[8] Alexander and his seven siblings were taken in by their paternal grandmother,"

No idea what it was, but it was about the test:

"Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 48s49 seconds ago
This Q will be presented to jury on Monday. #jodiarias

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 1m1 minute ago
For some reason Juan is required to ask Geff Qs twice, once w/o jury, second time w/jury. #jodiarias

Once again the FTR and camera is turned off. #jodiarias

With jury excused, Martinez puts back up the validity scale questions to review with Geffner. #jodiarias

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 2m2 minutes ago
Cameras shut off, jurors asked to leave. We're still here bc Juan wants to question Geff about test. #jodiarias
"

The tweeters always seem to miss the important details lol. Anyway, if the question is to be asked in front of the jury on Monday, obviously the answer is no longer expected to cause a mistrial.

Oh, that's right. Thanks for "gently" correcting me on the details. I don't remember Travis throwing a glob of melted Toblerone at her though. Did he do that for her inviting herself over to play house that day, or was that what he gave her for Valentines Day? I think I may be confused on which V.D. this was though -- 2007 or 2008? Because in 2007, when they may or may not have been official (depending on who you talk to -- well too late to talk to Travis :(), she still lived in Palm Desert. That's a long way to drive just to throw a glob of melted chocolate at someone (though worth the gas money). On V.D. in 2008 they weren't a couple, even by her admission, and that's when she lived within driving distance and wouldn't have been expecting anything. Ok, even I'm confused now. Is V.D. in 2007 when Travis supposedly mailed her the care package in Palm Desert?

Also... did Jodi really send Abe that email saying they could only be non-hugging friends because she didn't want to misrepresent her relationship with him to Travis? I think that email "somehow" got forwarded to Travis, but I don't remember Abe's name in the address bar. I think Juan was saying that the email was nothing than more Jodi trickery. Hmm.. maybe she did send it to Abe, and as an afterthought she forwarded it to Travis later on. Was that 2008, too, or 2007? I'm getting mixed up now.

Anyways... thanks for the Deanna/Jodi confrontation update. :) I still think it says a lot that he asked Deanna to check in on his place rather than Jodi who only lived minutes away. Ha! Take that! :D

Abe said on Dr Drew show he never received that email from ja.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to the State vs JA Facebook page "there is a possibility that trial will run late into the evening on Monday 1/26/2015. Attorneys, court staff and jurors are preparing to stay until 8pm if needed and/or necessary. We will know more on Monday." Why the sudden urgency?

Okay, I see someone else posted this info upthread. :)

Maybe JSS finally clued in that we need the jury to make their decision so that JA gets sentenced before the Omnibus hearing on Feb.6th. Does anyone know what the results for the Status conference regarding it were from yesterday afternoon(Jan.23)?

http://www.courtchatter.com/2014/11/jodi-arias-motion-for-joinder-and.html

Among the other details that strike me as beyond sick-o in that letter, can you imagine displaying the inherited knickknacks of your murdered love one only to find out that some had been given to TA by the murderer? Or maybe not? All of them? Which ones? And which ones came from those nasty trips, that JA keeps mentioning as proof of their "official" relationship.....NOT?

You're forgetting who is claiming to have purchased these knickknacks(not that I really noticed any in any of the pics, TA appeared to be pretty minimalist). This is the person who claims that TA borrowed money from her(the same day that she asked him if he'd deposited money into her account and thanked him for it, saying she'd pay him back soon) during a time, iirc, when she was sleeping on the floor at her rented room until her friend lent her a futon, would sneak into TA's house to eat his frozen dinners, cereal, etc and make herself cookies, had detailed everything TA gave her for Christmas(making out like they were such "beloved" gifts from her soon to be husband ... nope, no ring, no lingerie, no new phone, not bath salts, perfume, etc., mostly just some religious material and a bookmark, hmm) and never once mentioned what she had got him, ever, other than iirc a frappuccino(likely a free membership one, or a two for one) and some leftover chinese food, oh and of course her sexual favours.:/

In response to Dmacky's post - hmmmm 18 irises/18 page letter. Prolly nothing but coincidence but maybe not. Thoughts?

Perhaps that was her warning that she was planning to stay on the stand for 18 days of testimony.

You can bet it meant something to her, maybe how many months she had been "with" TA, at least in her own mind? Who knows for sure except her, though we can speculate on a lot of things like how long between when she got baptized and then would have been booted from the LDS(if she was)... maybe that's how many sex "acts" she performed for him, or how many men had "abused" her up until then or even how many years she'd waited and planned how to kill. I think most of us are on board that she probably did fit somewhere with those children in the psychopath study, so a fascination with death from the age of 10 is certainly a possibility.:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem