Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
snips

It's kind of like a stalemate in chess. But not exactly, because there are really two different games going on and a win means something different for one side than the other. The judge wins if she doesn't give Jodi grounds for appeal or mistrial. Jodi wins if she avoids the death penalty. Maybe "cat and mouse" is a better analogy than chess. (It's certainly a lot more fun to imagine. Actual cat vs. actual mouse is not the least bit fun... but it is when it's JM vs. Jodi and her minions.)

Sorry about the root canal, I hope you feel better soon. And yes, how the Alexander family can possibly stand being in such close quarters with the monster who tried to mess up Travis' life big time, violently slaughtered him when he threatened to expose her, and who has now spent years torturing them with her horrrendous (whorendous?) lies? Hopefully Jodi gets wheeled in in one of these:

View attachment 68105

And everyone but her gets a yummy Strawberry Frappuccino:

View attachment 68106

And of course:
View attachment 68107

By the way, can anyone fill me in on who he was going to expose her to? His friends and family already hated her. Whatever info Travis was going to reveal would have been just another drop in the bucket. Was she worried about being frozen out of the LDS/PPL community? That would have happened sooner or later regardless of whatever Travis might expose or not expose.

Anyway, she doen't have to worry about being frozen out of anything ever again, except maybe the mean girl cliques at Perryville. She will never be one of the cool kids, even if she is allowed to mingle with the GP. Once she finally leaves Perryville, once she's either died of natural causes, suicide, homicide, or lethal injection, she'll be going to a place even hotter than the Arizona desert.

BBM

Probably the MENSA Society and Nobel Laureates.

I've wondered about that and if there was potentially some element of extortion.

First, there's a way to sell or give someone a vehicle and it involves signing over the title (with a lien in this case, I'm sure).

Did he actually sign it over to her?

If not, it's not 'hers' -- with or without the lien.

But a good bet is that even when it was 'his' it was really just the bank's.

If he did sign it over, was it in response to her threat to circulate the phone sex recording among those he respected; e.g., the Hughes et al if he didn't?

I think whatever deal TA and JA had regarding the car, TA transferred it to her so she would take it and drive out of town into the sunset. In other words, he was facilitating her departure from Mesa.

If I remember right.
I think she was growing weed on the roof if I am not mistaken before she moved out of moms . The other plants that died in the car were house plants I think that she killed by keeping them in the car which probably got too hot. Shows she was irresponsible. That one was the travis timeframe.

I could be wrong but that is what I think the plants references were. 2 different things.

Yeah, my poor attempt at humor.

You would think!

I haven't read all the comments, but read the letter. I am remembering her comments to Flores on wanting to write the family, and her concern if they knew she was in custody.

So glad Travis' family decided to give the letter to Juan. Defense should be shamed at how many ****** things they had done in this case. I can see being paid to defend someone, that is the judicial system we have....but the defense has been underhanded and devious imo. Hope this case haunts their dreams!!

As for Jodi, I think the reason for the letter was reliving the murder, like a trophy. She just changed the characters slightly. And of course to paint herself a victim and hurt the family and Travis' past love interests.

BBM - I had never really knew anything about Othello before the few summaries I just read online other than it was some twisted plot born of jealousy and revenge. I agree with you and that she also went to the play to relive the murder. I can see her applauding herself for having played so many characters' roles from Othello to have accomplished it too.

God only knows what she ranted about while she stabbed him. And she kicked him again and again. As Juan said in his closing, it is only death that relieved Travis' pain.

Arias' Machiavellian nature, arrogance and duplicitousness all combine to create a woman of unimaginable evilness. She must be put to death.

The element of the murder which weighs most heavily on me is that he almost certainly had no idea.

The distance from their repeated sexual intimacies to her thrusting the knife into his heart and the frenzied stabbing in his back was painfully short.

I will always imagine him asking/begging her for help. In his shock there was probably no way to process that she was the one literally carving his life away in the mirror before him.

I had to read that line in the letter twice cuz I couldn't believe how redonkuless it sounded

I have always wondered how it was that nobody could hear TA screaming that afternoon, esp if this all went down around 5:30 on a Wednesday afternoon (neighbors getting home from work, people walking dogs after work, "two young blond girls running west on Queensboro on the north side"?). Or why the dog wasn't barking like crazy in response to TA's cries.

I can only guess that TA couldn't make much sound because he had been shot first or because the stab to his chest had weakened his lung capacity or because the shock from either wound left him unable to make any sound at all.

No matter the reason, I cannot begin to fathom the sheer terror and pain this poor man suffered in his last minutes. I only hope ALL 12 jurors vote to do the right thing. DP.

IT - I notice quite a few of my fellow Canadians on the board this afternoon. Wish we were together under happier circumstances....I'll make you all a round of Caesars when it's time to celebrate the verdict. :)

Awesome! given I'm a Canuck :toastred:

I had to read that line in the letter twice cuz I couldn't believe how redonkuless it sounded

I have always wondered how it was that nobody could hear TA screaming that afternoon, esp if this all went down around 5:30 on a Wednesday afternoon (neighbors getting home from work, people walking dogs after work, "two young blond girls running west on Queensboro on the north side"?). Or why the dog wasn't barking like crazy in response to TA's cries.

I can only guess that TA couldn't make much sound because he had been shot first or because the stab to his chest had weakened his lung capacity or because the shock from either wound left him unable to make any sound at all.

No matter the reason, I cannot begin to fathom the sheer terror and pain this poor man suffered in his last minutes. I only hope ALL 12 jurors vote to do the right thing. DP.

IT - I notice quite a few of my fellow Canadians on the board this afternoon. Wish we were together under happier circumstances....I'll make you all a round of Caesars when it's time to celebrate the verdict. :)

That's not the national drink, PenElaine. ;)

MeanDog in any case is being ACCUSED of what amounts to fraud. She has ALLEGEDLY committed this fraud.

And I agree, Daisy, that the "expose " was creepy. If I were MeanDog I'd have put an end to it when that person demanded to see private papers and documents. As described it sounded more like a shakedown or blackmail than an alleged journalist investigating a story.

And BTW, I've read MeanDog once, following a link posted here. Don't care about her personally, but I dislike thugs masquerading as saviors.

You mean like occupyhln.org? That certainly appears to be a cashcow for someone.

She even had her pic taken with one of the cast

View attachment 68101

If she wasn't such an emotion wreck and suffering from PTSD from a near-death event only weeks earlier, you'd swear this meek wallflower had self-esteem and is exhibiting assertive behavior to seek out the cast for photo ops. That's something someone with a high sense of entitlement would do. Not poor lil Jodi.

What would Travis do if he were in that situation? He would be smiling. He would be, like... "hey", ya know? But Jodi knew her pic would be all over the Internet so why not? There's no reason for her to be sad, so smile and say cheese.

[/B]

That's not the national drink, PenElaine. ;)

Haha, well for me these days it's strictly coffee(espresso beans on fine grind made as regular drip, yumm!), though in the past I have indulged in a bit of CC&7 and even some Molson's .... nope not a Mormon.

BBM - I had never really knew anything about Othello before the few summaries I just read online other than it was some twisted plot born of jealousy and revenge. I agree with you and that she also went to the play to relive the murder. I can see her applauding herself for having played so many characters' roles from Othello to have accomplished it too.

“O, beware, my lord, of jealousy;
It is the green-ey'd monster, which doth mock
The meat it feeds on.”
― William Shakespeare, Othello

MeanDog in any case is being ACCUSED of what amounts to fraud. She has ALLEGEDLY committed this fraud.

And I agree, Daisy, that the "expose " was creepy. If I were MeanDog I'd have put an end to it when that person demanded to see private papers and documents. As described it sounded more like a shakedown or blackmail than an alleged journalist investigating a story.

And BTW, I've read MeanDog once, following a link posted here. Don't care about her personally, but I dislike thugs masquerading as saviors.

She asks for donations to support her blogging hobby, not for whatever health issues she may or may not be having. Her readers are guests on her blog, they're not customers. She's not selling anything. She may not have been 100% honest about what was going on in her personal life, but who cares—I read her for the funny JA trial snark, not to read about the author's pets or the author's health.

BBM: According to her blog, she did just that. And it made it into the examiner.com article as being suspicious. Grr.

I guess this is all OT. Sounds too much like Jodiland on our side of the aisle for me.

I've resisted reading the letter because it will only make me angry and I don't want to let HRH JA have any power over me. (I hope that makes sense.) Besides, I've gathered more than enough from reading all your comments here. The usual JA "chaotic" mix of cunning, self-satisfaction, and idiocy (the quiet shouting, for example).

Her picture, especially the glam-shot one from Thursday, should be placed beside the dictionary entry for "vicious."

Looking at more of Bill Arias' interview with Flores, it seems you have it exactly right:

:snip:

However, in trying to explain away the naked pics on Travis' camera, she does also mention a storage unit which she apparently shared with him in Mesa, where her old camera cards might have been, one of which could have been taken by Travis and put in his camera. All of which requires a very large pinch of salt.

BBM ~ How can anyone (not you, personally) believe that since JA was not a brunette while in Mesa. She really thought she could get away with this.

I am not so sure that anyone will feel sorry for her this time. She has not been on the stand for 18 long days, as in first trial. And she looks a lot more like a killer now, imo. And if the jury gets that she lied about the child *advertiser censored* accusations, and lied about the abuse incidents, they will not feel sorry, they will be livid, imo.

BBM - Haha, yea with all these female defendants lately using long mousy hair in often childish hairstyles, librarian glasses, woe be me looks and tears but only when the jury is in the room, same tired stories of I was abused as a child etc to excuse their adult murderous actions, has got to be getting way old for anyone that is called to sit on a jury.

BBM ~ How can anyone (not you, personally) believe that since JA was not a brunette while in Mesa. She really thought she could get away with this.

Umm, weren't her brunette selfies found on her camera, the one she claimed to have already packed in the car? As for a storage unit, the only storage I recall was the space TA had let her use in his garage.

I have never seen anything that would suggest she actually took a lie detector test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tillygirl