Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/29 thru 2/2 - Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea why that poster is claiming Jodi didn't do it? JA has admitted to the murder more than once, correct?
Either he's nuts, or he wants to be the big hero, he thinks he will save her.

State vs JA Facebook page is posting this from one of the JA support sites. Guess a few over there do realize what a fiasco this was for her?

View attachment 68447

Oh, as sure as there is an Easter bunny, he and Mrs. McLiar will get right on that. I just know the phones are lighting up for the defense to arrange a flight ASAP. Hey JAII nuts, here's a dollar.... now go buy a clue. She has been found guilty of a heinous murder, she ADMITTED to doing it, but hey, we can't help it if none of the jurors bought into self defense.

Any idea why that poster is claiming Jodi didn't do it? JA has admitted to the murder more than once, correct?

Before I banned myself from reading their garbage, it was their theory that she was really taking the blame for someone else out of fear of her family being hurt, especially her dad. WHACKOS!!!!

The tin-foil hat crowd who worships St. Jodi of Arias is mostly convinced that she's innocent.

She's being framed or forced to take the fall by some faceless and nameless LDS cabal.

They hold to her two ninjas story as established fact.

St. Jodi is so brave and selfless that she's protecting her family, considering their interests ahead of her own by risking life in prison and even lethal injection.

It brings a tear to my eye even now as my unworthy fingers peck out these sacred 'truths' at my de-edified keyboard.

article-2325743-19D26BE8000005DC-620_306x423.jpg

fake-tears.png

croc-tears.jpg

Before I banned myself from reading their garbage, it was their theory that she was really taking the blame for someone else out of fear of her family being hurt, especially her dad. WHACKOS!!!!

Just whom might that be that she's taking the blame for? Deanna??? Deanna doesn't have a violent bone in her body and I highly doubt she'd fly to Yreka to hurt Mr. Arias.

I sure hope we can get a full week in next week. Well 4 full days that is. This case needs to wrap. Kudos to the Alexanders who have hung in there all these years.

It was in one of her earlier videos, but it was just a comparison of Nurmi's style in the guilt phase to this phase. She said he's more confident & not as slow this time around, that he's learnt how to project himself in court from Juan.

The one observation I had about Nurmi in the first trial was that his cadence with Jodi was so very slow (almost deliberately like he was lobbing softballs to her) as if to pace her through the Q & A when she was on the witness stand. And his tone was so soothing as if to coddle this poor frightened young woman. But he seemed to be able to put it in gear when he was questioning Juan's witnesses, though with little effect. It seemed like a game to me. Just like Juan had a game. He'd come out of his corner and hit these defense witnesses right between the eyes with some of their untruths or challenge their credibility to put them in their place. Once Juan established who was boss he always settled down. Unless the witness started playing games with him. Then he'd go back into attack mode, and then eventually settle down again once he established who was in charge.

But Nurmi this time doesn't have to play nursemaid to Jodi so I'm sure in that sense he does have a different vibe in court. He's still pond scum though, imo. Nothing can change that.

So has she been crossed yet by Juan? if not, how on earth is it possible that she was allowed to deliver testimony and not be immediately crossed? perhaps there was an appellate issue I am unaware of but shouldn't that have been resolved by now? What's the hold up?

If she fails to be cross examined, she scores a massive victory, even if they "strike" her testimony. Because the jury heard it unchallenged and they won't magically forget

She refused to testify any further because of the 'reasons given in chambers'. Juan did not request the testimony be stricken and had no problem with the court letting it stand as is. He does get to rebut using previous trial videos. The DT may also use videos to counter his rebuttal. AND JA still gets to stand up and promise to sell her hair (lol) again at the end of all this. I assume that Juan has a plan. :)

I wondered the same. Given he "was" Mormon I think it safe to assume he married a Mormon. I wonder if she is on the same page as far as giving up the religion? If she was smart she would run. Far away. He sounds like a bona fide nutbar.

One thing's for certain: He is guilty of lying, perusing child *advertiser censored*, or both.

Do let us hope they've no children.

She refused to testify any further because of the 'reasons given in chambers'. Juan did not request the testimony be stricken and had no problem with the court letting it stand as is. He does get to rebut using previous trial videos. The DT may also use videos to counter his rebuttal. AND JA still gets to stand up and promise to sell her hair (lol) again at the end of all this. I assume that Juan has a plan. :)

BBM

Hey, she's got killer hair.

One thing's for certain: He is guilty of lying, perusing child *advertiser censored*, or both.

Do let us hope they've no children.

For sure. To go to such lengths after so much time has passed it beyond concerning as to what "issues" this guy truly has.

And the state snuck in that maybe she rewrote her journals.

Oh wait - that was Jen. Never mind.

Lol what's funny about that is juan never did make that insinuation and probably never planned to. Willmott probably read it on Twitter somewhere and thought she was getting the jump on Juan and planted the idea in their minds. Good job.

Hey, at least I can agree with them about something. I think Mr McGee should come on over and take the stand too. I'd probably fly to AZ just to get a front row seat!

And I might pay for his flight if he is handcuffed the moment he steps off the plane. Then appear in court with the stripes and cuffs on. Hell yeah... do what is right to save this poor murderess's life Mr. Magoo... err, McGee.

BBM

She's protecting her DAD? The DAD who, according to JA did drugs and beat her and choked her 'till she slid down the door? That Dad? All righty then!:facepalm:

I sure hope we can get a full week in next week. Well 4 full days that is. This case needs to wrap. Kudos to the Alexanders who have hung in there all these years.

This delay is due to the SuperBowl. JSS can't be blamed for it.

I will say I had definitely heard that before. I sort of think Chris Hughes may have been the source.

ETA: Also, when BK posted the voice mails someone (Hope?) said there was a VM to Travis from someone saying how sorry he was to hear the news (?) but everything would be OK. That could be connected.

OK.....this one took me awhile to research so I could connect the dots.

Yes, about me posting about the VM's. Your thought the "sorry" VM might be connected to the loss of his TR set me off digging.

The VM was left by an unidentified caller in the afternoon of May 15. Sounds like a guy (lots of "dudes" inserted), and he is calling Travis back. Reasonable assumption is that Travis left him a message telling him what had happened.

T's friend is clearly very upset for him. Tells T he's on his way to work but that he can talk for a little bit. Says he's sorry no fewer than 5 times, including: "I am so sorry, I can't even imagine how you feel." And tells T several times that everything will work out.

So what was wrong? My guess is the news related to Mimi. She had accepted his invitation to Cancun in early May (1 or 2), and told him she was interested in him but just wasn't sure how much. TA wrote in his journal that he was thrilled she'd accepted.

But, on May 15, the date of the VM, Mimi told him she'd thought it over and would only go to Cancun if he understood that she just wanted to be friends. A relationship wasn't going to happen.

I think that was the news leading to the VM of the same day. A few days later, on May 18th, was when Travis blogged his Golddigger piece, saying that the kind of women he'd be interested in marrying wouldn't be interested in him. Mimi.

VM not about TR. But a May chronology of triggers is sure falling in place.:)

Sadly, we can only speculate.

My under-informed guess centers on extortion.

The recorded phone call is the foundation.

To paraphrase the late Marion Berry, "da b&#*h set [him] up."

Truth Detector, as a native Washingtonian, that made me laugh – HARD! RIP, Marion Barry...

greatest performance. How she manipulated Travis to let her in and stay. I have tried to imagine what she said. I've wondered if the gun even figured in at some point. Was she completely apologetic? Did she say she was in agony over what she'd put him through and didn't deserve to live? That she had to see him and beg forgiveness in person and, maybe, pay him back the money she owed him. That she would make it right and never darken his door again? That he was a wonderful, good person and she was worthless.

I've always felt Travis was completely clueless that someone who appeared like Jodi could be really, truly evil. That's why he was such a good mark. He was sincere, kind, hardworking, respected and beloved by his many friends, all of whom seemed to be similar in many respects. He seemed so earnest and industrious, sincerely dedicated to being a good person, a good Mormon. He surrounded himself primarily with other practicing Mormons, thus, they all had shared values.

When Jodi came into his life, his world, I don't think he even had the capacity to understand how evil she was. He may have had a tough childhood but since then he carefully built a life he could be proud of and had a strong community of like minded people. In some ways, I think Jodi wanted to BE Travis. Be someone who people loved and admired and wanted to be around. To have a job he was good at and a public speaker people listened to, a budding author, all of these things she had no ability to be. So she mimicked, as sociopaths can do, being like Travis. Maybe she couldn't BE Travis but she could be with Travis and everyone would see her as the same as Travis.

But of course, she couldn't really be like Travis. Acting only goes so far. He found out what she was. But I think he still didn't really believe it. He couldn't really accept that this woman had always actually been acting when she "acted" normal. So, when she showed up at his door with her story, whatever that story was, and I'm sure it was carefully crafted to tug on his heartstrings, he pushed aside his negative feelings about her and opened the door. I think she knew that too, that he would fall for the remorse act. He knew everyone had failings as he did and believed that everyone deserves a chance at redemption. He wouldn't let someone he had cared about, who had been a part of his life, sink into that kind of despair.

Anywho, what do I know? That's just my way of trying to make some sense of the senseless. Why did he let her in? She had done so much to him by then-she had shown him who he was. Why didn't he believe it? It's hard for me because I am much less trusting of people and I'm not nearly as nice as he was. When I get a strong feeling that someone or something is "bad" I don't second guess it or push my feelings aside to be "nice". If only Travis could have been as rude as I would be and slammed the door in her face and called the police if she refused to leave.

I must have forgotten this little tidbit but I just watched an old interview with Deanna on Dr. Drew. The baking cookies thing happened AFTER the slashing tires incident. Poor Deanna. I'll never understand how Travis allowed a woman who slashed all four tires (and more than once) to corner him in the shower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela