Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/29 thru 2/2 - Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been "lurking" here for a while and only recently started posting. My point is that I don't understand the features very well. I'm actually trying to include the "quote" before this one...

Annnnnnyway, I have noticed many sociopaths/killers have this same look in their eyes. Richard Ramirez, Charles Manson, OJ Simpson, Ted Bundy, etc. They all have this "off" look and as if both of their eyes aren't looking in the same direction. Certainly adds to their eerie evilness.

Yes, it's the demons looking out. I think they can manage up to a point before they lift the veil for us to see what lives inside.

Dennis Rader -- he took great joy in tell how he tortured and killed his victims, in court. - he thinks he's possessed with demons.

[video=youtube;ZXa_YreEFEs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-cl=85063729&v=ZXa_YreEFEs&x-yt-ts=1422545360&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Yea, about all that temple worthiness... was she? Do you need to do the missionary thing before you get the recommend? I was wondering how JA figured she was worthy of getting married in the temple if she had barely gotten baptized and was most certainly not being honest with her bishop about her sexual trysts with TA(or maybe she was... as in nothing happened beyond heavy petting and making up scenarios with their "fruitful imaginations")?

Jodi was as phony of a Mormon as you can get. She was never in it for the religion, only what she could get out of it. Who has sex immediately after they're baptized??? I think Travis tried to be a good Mormon, but Jodi got in the way. She was the worse Mormon of the two.

So has she been crossed yet by Juan? if not, how on earth is it possible that she was allowed to deliver testimony and not be immediately crossed? perhaps there was an appellate issue I am unaware of but shouldn't that have been resolved by now? What's the hold up?

If she fails to be cross examined, she scores a massive victory, even if they "strike" her testimony. Because the jury heard it unchallenged and they won't magically forget

IMO Juan didn't move to strike because it will remove that as an appellate issue. Her testimony wasn't that earth shattering. She testified to some supposed physical abuse by her parents (wooden spoon, hitting door frame) and added in a little drug use...really? At four you remember seeing cocaine?
She regaled them with her Bobby saga. Matt and Bianca. Darryl and the house. That was about it for the secret testimony.

Thanks, AZL. There’s this sneaky, cynical part of me that wonders if this could find its way to the US District Court or even the US Supremes. (Talk about getting ahead of myself!)

The media circus surrounding the first trial was out of control. HLN was 24/7 Arias. TV hosts and expert panelists tore into witnesses; ripped open private lives; and camped within yards of the courthouse. I’m hoping KN doesn’t try to prove a case of witness intimidation due to the court’s decision to allow live coverage during the first trial.

He’s pulled this intimidation/media coverage rabbit out of his hat twice. In the first trial, he called no mitigation witnesses, right? Wash, rinse, repeat for this trial. Except, at this trial, JM called his bluff: Fine, slip in affidavits; I won’t stop you. So, out of the (11?) (14?) “intimidated” witnesses, KN went with two useless affiants. A guy JA worked with years ago and a bizarre liar.

Don’t you find that strange?

I’ve often wondered when a Federal Case might limit unfettered public access to a court room and do it on constitutional grounds. I hope The State v. Jodi Arias isn’t it. Hate to see that kind of Federal dabbling in the our right to an open and public justice system. (Oh, Gawd. Somebody stop me!!!)
No way! There's no way this case will be heard by the U.S. Supreme Court, they'll laugh it back down to the lower courts. Jodi's just NOT that special, no matter what she believes.

I'd pay his wife to annihilate him in the courthouse parking lot when she realizes why they're there. What on earth must she be thinking? Or does she even know about any of this?

:notgood:

I wondered the same. Given he "was" Mormon I think it safe to assume he married a Mormon. I wonder if she is on the same page as far as giving up the religion? If she was smart she would run. Far away. He sounds like a bona fide nutbar.

I always thought that story sounded strange as well.... Costa Rica, like Deanna and her "boyfriend's" name was "Victor"...as in Travis' middle name?? I mean, COME ON!! :facepalm:

Did anyone figure out who the "Victor" is in one of her pictures on myspace? I believe she did mention that the "Costa Rican Victor" had visited the US as well.

There must be some way to verify her trip,,,,,,come on you brilliant sleuthers, get on it!!! Pretty please

It should be very easy to verify. Can't recall seeing any pictures from there either. And you know how much she loves pictures. You'd think someone would have either debunked it or verified it by now. She really didn't make much of an impression on people did she? No one seems to know anything about her. And those that do are keeping their mouths firmly shut.

MOO

In JVM's book she writes that Jodi's parents arranged the foreign exchange at the end of tenth grade. She spent her 17th birthday in Costa Rica and the next year Victor came to the U.S. for a month, two weeks of which he stayed at the Arias home

I wondered the same. Given he "was" Mormon I think it safe to assume he married a Mormon. I wonder if she is on the same page as far as giving up the religion? If she was smart she would run. Far away. He sounds like a bona fide nutbar.

And she may be a true victim of "domestic abuse".

MOO

State vs JA Facebook page is posting this from one of the JA support sites. Guess a few over there do realize what a fiasco this was for her?

View attachment 68447
And does anyone really think he will set foot on US soil ever again to face perjury charges???

In JVM's book she writes that Jodi's parents arranged the foreign exchange at the end of tenth grade. She spent her 17th birthday in Costa Rica and the next year Victor came to the U.S. for a month, two weeks of which he stayed at the Arias home

So it was more like they sent their wild daughter away for the summer to some friends/relatives in Costa Rica and in turn they took in their son the following year for a couple of weeks while he spent another couple of weeks with some other relatives. JA wasn't even living at home on her 18th birthday so are they suggesting that a formal exchange program would have sent a student to their house when his exchange partner was living somewhere else?

So either it never happened and her parent's had to wing some kind of lie to cover for her when JVM came calling for her book, or it wasn't the type of school exchange program we're familiar with and more of a relative exchange for unruly kids. ;)

MOO

It is interesting that she entered 11th grade at the age of 17. If she had stayed in school she would almost be 19 at graduation . Did she stay back somewhere along the road.

They really think it would be better to have this bonehead go up against JM face to face? :laughcry:

Juan will shred him alone on the online threats he made against Juan. :juanettes::juanettes::juanettes:This guy's too chickened :chicken:to even testify via Skype, let alone come to the states.

So it was more like they sent their wild daughter away for the summer to some friends/relatives in Costa Rica and in turn they took in their son the following year for a couple of weeks while he spent another couple of weeks with some other relatives. JA wasn't even living at home on her 18th birthday so are they suggesting that a formal exchange program would have sent a student to their house when his exchange partner was living somewhere else?

So either it never happened and her parent's had to wing some kind of lie to cover for her when JVM came calling for her book, or it wasn't the type of school exchange program we're familiar with and more of a relative exchange for unruly kids. ;)

MOO

I think it happened. The book didn't say exactly a year...she says "before long, Victor came for a month long visit..." It may have been Jodi turns 17 in July and the boy made his trip soon
JVM book says they broke up in October of her junior year
She began dating Bobby again in early spring. Her dad grounded her for skipping school until her 18th birthday which was three months away

Yep....

6. The court bends over backwards for her.

I don't think anyone was offended, CA. I believe this was even discussed during the first trial. Whatever problem JA has with her eyes, it is more noticeable when she seems tired, maybe it is eyestrain. We just don't know, so there is speculation as to what causes it.

You were not offensive in the least.
The thing is, it's not just for Jodi they bend over backwards for, and I freely admit JSS is doing this. They'd do it for any murder defendant facing the Death Penalty. Death is different, so they're giving her every possible chance to save her life. I'm okay with JSS doing it because she's trying to preserve the conviction upon appeal and give the DT far less grounds for appeal. So whoopee that Jodi "won" that, big deal!!!

Does anyone know if this lady is against the death penalty? If not, she sounds pro jodi or is playing devils advocate, hard to tell.

Monica Lindstrom ‏@monicalindstrom 9h9 hours ago
We can sit here and say absolutely, she should die, but it you had to sign that paper, could you? Big responsibility #jodiarias

Jurors might not believe #JodiArias and think she is scum, but will they take on the responsibility of putting someone to death?

The State may not have presented witnesses for many days but had the chance to hammer home its case for months #JodiARias @commonsense258

Concerns me jury only heard 5 days of testimony re crime where last jury heard months...so not sure if "closer" to death #JodiArias

Related Searches: #aaronhernandez, #arpaio
I don't think she will win her freedom, but maybe win as in will stay alive @Sprint_4G @MissLove2Blog #Jodiarias

I don't like it tho its true...here are the ways #JodiArias is winning http://j.mp/18vPklq join our conversation, are the reasons wrong?

MOO
While I do believe Jodi's parents were honest with detectives at the beginning it would not surprise me if along the way the started to lie for her. I wonder if Jodi cannot show proof that she ever left the country, and that is why JW asked Deana if she has her immigration papers, or something along those lines. Wouldn't there be a record of this in federal papers?

And does anyone really think he will set foot on US soil ever again to face perjury charges???

Any idea why that poster is claiming Jodi didn't do it? JA has admitted to the murder more than once, correct?

I get that the Judge has to give the Defendant a wide latitude. I just wish she would reign in the Defense with sidebars etc.

Any idea why that poster is claiming Jodi didn't do it? JA has admitted to the murder more than once, correct?

No idea but those folks are scary. They are out and about! Yes Jodi has admitted murdering Travis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tabathahoward46