Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/29 thru 2/2 - Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Beth's latest video she said it's her understanding that Jodi could have been forced to do her allocution Tuesday before the State's rebuttal began instead of at the end of this sentencing phase

She also said she cannot reassure anyone that this phase will be readily/easily viewable after Jodi is sent off to Perryville. That it is being recorded....but who is going to put all the hours, days , months worth of this online to view? She says she'd like to but doesn't think anyone would let her copy all that for her site

No, allocution always happens at the end.

If it's being recorded by the court video system, you can give the clerk a list of dates and $20 per date for everything recorded in that case on that date. Which would still be hugely expensive for BK, of course.

If it's being recorded by the court video system, you can give the clerk a list of dates and $20 per date for everything recorded in that case on that date. Which would still be hugely expensive for BK, of course.

I re-reiterate that if folks are relying on FTR (Maricopa County Superior Court's video recording system aka For The Record) to provide a comprehensive A/V record of the proceedings, I think they've got another think coming.

For the record, once again...

Sadness about the allocution. For a moment I thought JSS had made the decision to delay it so JA would have to tell her pack of lies after JM was finished annihilating every single shred of every last of them.

As for expense. Really not that much, right? How many days of actual testimony so far? 30 odd? So $600. Sounds doable.

Putting this question out there for the more tech-minded sleuthers among us -

If JA were to have committed her heinous crime in 2015, and done the subsequent/coincident destroying of her personal computer, would LE have been able to access the goods because of the cloud? And by goods, I mean proof of her deviance with the emails, hacking etc....

TIA

The Ramsey's were never cleared by ones who actually investigated that crime.

Actually they were and received a letter stating that from the Boulder DA's office in 2008. This is for another thread and way off track for this thread.

When the time comes, can we join ya. I've got a good idea of how to do it stealth :biggrin:

flies_on_the_wall_sepia_bugs_square_wallclock-rd7f7bf5c3e324009bb0752f847d1dc63_fup1y_8byvr_512.jpg

I'll be occupying the 6pm position.

That April 2008 message to JA, purportedly from TA, about being in a nightclub at the time and being reminded that JA was one of the prettiest women in the world ... certainly seems bogus.

Boy, doesn't it now? Good grief...

My question is; Did Travis slip once or twice with JA BACK IN 2007 and are the rest of the sex tales a product of Ja's FRUITFUL IMAGINATION?
That's a very good question. I certainly don't believe anything happened sexually that first night at the Hughes' house or the following week at Starbucks after he gave her the Book Of Mormon.

The other thing I've been wondering about lately is her little story about a cultural exchange trip to Costa Rica the summer going into her junior year in high school. Why would someone fabricate a story like if it weren't true? To make their life seem more interesting? So others would view her as worldly? The name of the guy whose host family she says she stayed with, Victor Arias, always sounded too convenient to me, but who am I to say? But then when I heard Deanna did her Mormon mission trip in Costa Rica, I began to think Jodi was adapting someone else's experience as her own. And also... aren't student exchange trips reserved for high school seniors only? She was too busy snooping through Bobby's emails at the library when she would have been a senior in high school, right?

Well, if she didn't visit when she was in high school, hopefully she can find a picture book of Costa Rica in the prison library to look at. Cancun, too!

In Beth's latest video she said it's her understanding that Jodi could have been forced to do her allocution Tuesday before the State's rebuttal began instead of at the end of this sentencing phase

She also said she cannot reassure anyone that this phase will be readily/easily viewable after Jodi is sent off to Perryville. That it is being recorded....but who is going to put all the hours, days , months worth of this online to view? She says she'd like to but doesn't think anyone would let her copy all that for her site

I hope we can at least view key parts of this phase after all is said and done. Maybe the parts where JM takes each of the lying DT witnesses down?

I don't care to view KN and/or JW in action. But I sure would like to see JM. Of course, if all that is available is audio, that's not as attractive, IMO. I want to see as The Man do his thing in addition to hear it.

The question was about moving to a new location and would their temple recommend status follow?

Yes, they follow us no matter where we move. Also, no one I've ever known would try to "cheat" to get to go to Temple. Temple is one of the most sacred places for us. Only a handful from my ward can visit the Temple. You have to work very hard, be very dedicated and follow all the "rules" set forth. Temple recommends aren't given out easily. It takes the utmost dedication to receive and keep yours.

I was born crossed eyes~~latter developed into lazy eye. It does worsen when tired. I have done surgery several times along with patches and eye drops. Pain at time---kids loved to tease :( bated Clarence the crossed eye lion on "born free"

I hope no one took my post as offensive, as it was not asked if she was cross-eyed or *advertiser censored*-eyed as an insult to anyone... not even to CMJA. I had not seen (or may not have noticed) it before. I may appear to be a little offensive in my posting at times, but never about anything health related. :peace:

I don't think it will fly though. This trial was no more covered or famous then the Casey Anthony trial or the OJ trial, even Scott Peterson's maybe. We know how those worked out- 2 of them were more than likely guilty as sin but got off- Jodi Ann has had a more than fair trial even with media coverage. I think it was a big mistake though for JSS to shut down the cameras the second time around- it sort of gives the appearance it may not have been a good idea the first time around. MOO.

Even if it might give the appearance, we have to remember that the defendant herself has grabbed the spotlight every chance she got before trial and right after the guilty verdict. And she tweets (or has someone tweet for her). Arias has not done much to strengthen any claim that publicity should never have been allowed given how often she herself sought it.

Can anyone enlighten us on what exactly a "temple recommend" is and how it might affect one's life? Does it mean you can't go to church, sort of like "temporary excommunication"? How about other activities? Would TA have been unable to go to singles' events to find a life partner?

This should help with the understanding of the Temple. It's so very sacred to us, and when I put into words what the Temple and the recommends are I get flooded with emotion (happy) and can't see to type. Hopefully this will help at least a little.
http://www.abc15.com/news/region-so...-mormon-temple-what-happens-inside-lds-temple

I am now wondering if Nurmi is doing everything he can to make sure CMJA appeals would be denied. We may find him sordid and reprehensible, but perhaps he is doing what he needs to do to make sure CMJA gets the best defense possible and will lose all future appeals. Wishful thinking?

I've actually wondered the same thing, Zuri.

One thing that really made me wonder was Nurmi's comment during the COA crap where he was talking about he and Willmot being scrutinized. I felt like he was saying you guys might not like what I'm doing but I have to do everything I can for my client. Kind of like JA making the threat to TA's family when she didn't get to plead to second degree.

I think Nurmi is closing every loophole now while everything is fresh in everyone's mind. I mean, having a trial where the public and media are refused entry? It's crazy and he knows it. But if he pushes everything beyond the limit now, there's nothing left to argue with.

As much hate as she's shown him, I'm sure he doesn't ever want her seeing the outside again either.

No way she claim he didn't do everything possible and beyond.

They really think it would be better to have this bonehead go up against JM face to face? :laughcry:

Hey, at least I can agree with them about something. I think Mr McGee should come on over and take the stand too. I'd probably fly to AZ just to get a front row seat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugar4Mama