Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/29 thru 2/2 - Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surrebuttals are not automatic and are normally limited to issues that the judge permitted to be raised for the first time in rebuttal. But in the mitigation phase it would be the state asking for surrebuttal. Defense goes first in the mitigation phase and gets a rebuttal at the end. It was somewhat confusing in this case, because Juan went first only to get this jury caught up on the premeditated 1st degree murder and cruelty, then we had victim impact statements, then the defense started their mitigation case. Now we are in the state's response case. Next comes the defense rebuttal (if any). Then allocution and closings. Jodi certainly can offer allocution even if she doesn't testify in the rebuttal phase.

Oh jeez. I am all kinds of confused. Thank you so much for clearing that up.

It was actually in the video.

I think what she means is that Nurmi is doing everything he possibly can with what he has to work with. He's covering everything that JA said he hadn't covered in the trial, when she was trying to get him off the case. He has done everything possible to discredit all the states witnesses and Juan. He's done everything he can to delay the trial and hope that jurists drop out.

That's all he's got to work with but he's doing everything he can. I don't think she meant he was "winning", just that he was getting it all out there.

I am now wondering if Nurmi is doing everything he can to make sure CMJA appeals would be denied. We may find him sordid and reprehensible, but perhaps he is doing what he needs to do to make sure CMJA gets the best defense possible and will lose all future appeals. Wishful thinking?

Nope, she said she saw a picture of a young child on his bed(then later her "experts" tried to mix that up with him on his knees, pics on the internet, his pc, etc.) when TA allegedly got caught taking care of business...

She said she saw a pic of a boy (not naked) float (can't remember her poetic flight ) across her and land at her feet as TA was masterbating ( lie)

Wasn't there an email/text between JA and Travis and she said "i didn't slash your tires" (not verbatim). I know that's not evidence, but does anyone have that exchange?

Found it! May 26, 2008 G-chat (all or most of electronic chats between them are here)
http://jodiariastrialtruth.blogspot.com/2014/12/timeline-of-journal-and-messages.html

TA- "You stole my journals, you slashed my tires, and I know it. You can never tell the truth"
JA - "I may be a coward, I may be a *advertiser censored*, but the one thing I am not is violent. I did not slash your tires

Found it! May 26, 2008 G-chat (all or most of electronic chats between them are here)
http://jodiariastrialtruth.blogspot.com/2014/12/timeline-of-journal-and-messages.html

TA- "You stole my journals, you slashed my tires, and I know it. You can never tell the truth"
JA - "I may be a coward, I may be a *advertiser censored*, but the one thing I am not is violent. I did not slash your tires

The good thing is, the jury has heard the tire-slashing accusation. This message exchange could never have been introduced as evidence that Jodi actually slashed TA's tires, but the defense brought it in as evidence that Travis was a big meanie and accused Jodi of all kinds of bad things even though she's totally Christ-like and non-aggressive.

The good thing is, the jury has heard the tire-slashing accusation. This message exchange could never have been introduced as evidence that Jodi actually slashed TA's tires, but the defense brought it in as evidence that Travis was a big meanie and accused Jodi of all kinds of bad things even though she's totally Christ-like and non-aggressive.

And the state snuck in that maybe she rewrote her journals.

Oh wait - that was Jen. Never mind.

I didn't know that the jury had heard any back and forth convo from TA and JA re: tire slashing, but I'm also glad they did. Hopefully they took good notes, and Juan can remind them in his closing arg.

But speaking of Jodi being "totally Christ-like and non-aggressive", the thought occurred to me yesterday that it seems like she did her darned best to market herself as someone who was educated, sophisticated, pious and of high moral value, yet most everyone who was educated, sophisticated, pious and of high moral value wanted nothing to do with her.

"That's mildly amusing" to me. ;)

Only was a question by the DT, which Deanna said "I don't know" (paraphrase)

ETA: I see in scrolling up that AZLayer in #223 post said the she definitely heard that before. I had not, but refer to AZL now as she is more in the know on this than I. Perhaps someone can pull up a link for us?

ETA#2- I found that AZL was correct as Chris says " in 2007 and 2008" he lost his temple recommend (see Chris Hughes book review) which has this stated at https://books.google.com/books?id=lYYCkFHyUh4C&pg=PA49&lpg=PA49&dq=chris+hughes+did+travis+lose+his+temple+recommend&source=bl&ots=HkBkQSoN2P&sig=lowKoDzfKoK3zVlQ-Ey8bI3U_js&hl=en&sa=X&ei=_aTKVKfWCsqyggTXxoK4CQ&ved=0CB4Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=chris%20hughes%20did%20travis%20lose%20his%20temple%20recommend&f=false

View attachment 68443

^^^^Why AZL is so good, her brain is a sponge for information and recollection :grouphug:

My question is; Did Travis slip once or twice with JA BACK IN 2007 and are the rest of the sex tales a product of Ja's FRUITFUL IMAGINATION?

I am expecting some new and exciting testimony from the detective about which messages were manufactured by the Princess of Satan herself. Flores mentioned in the interview of her that they could tell if she had used a computer in California to send messages pretending to be him.

Thanks, AZL. There’s this sneaky, cynical part of me that wonders if this could find its way to the US District Court or even the US Supremes. (Talk about getting ahead of myself!)

The media circus surrounding the first trial was out of control. HLN was 24/7 Arias. TV hosts and expert panelists tore into witnesses; ripped open private lives; and camped within yards of the courthouse. I’m hoping KN doesn’t try to prove a case of witness intimidation due to the court’s decision to allow live coverage during the first trial.

He’s pulled this intimidation/media coverage rabbit out of his hat twice. In the first trial, he called no mitigation witnesses, right? Wash, rinse, repeat for this trial. Except, at this trial, JM called his bluff: Fine, slip in affidavits; I won’t stop you. So, out of the (11?) (14?) “intimidated” witnesses, KN went with two useless affiants. A guy JA worked with years ago and a bizarre liar.

Don’t you find that strange?

I’ve often wondered when a Federal Case might limit unfettered public access to a court room and do it on constitutional grounds. I hope The State v. Jodi Arias isn’t it. Hate to see that kind of Federal dabbling in the our right to an open and public justice system. (Oh, Gawd. Somebody stop me!!!)

I don't think it will fly though. This trial was no more covered or famous then the Casey Anthony trial or the OJ trial, even Scott Peterson's maybe. We know how those worked out- 2 of them were more than likely guilty as sin but got off- Jodi Ann has had a more than fair trial even with media coverage. I think it was a big mistake though for JSS to shut down the cameras the second time around- it sort of gives the appearance it may not have been a good idea the first time around. MOO.

How is it that we still don't know the reason Travis sent this email or txt to Jodi? Just like "You are the worst thing that has ever happened to me."

They emailed and texted like crazy. Why isn't the details in writing somewhere? I know we speculate what she did or was going to do but wouldn't it have been great if the reason for him turning on her was in writing?

This email must have really pissed her off. Of course we know what happened next. There was a break in at her grandfather's house within days of this correspondence and a gun was stolen.

Sadly, we can only speculate.

My under-informed guess centers on extortion.

The recorded phone call is the foundation.

To paraphrase the late Marion Berry, "da b&#*h set [him] up."

That April 2008 message to JA, purportedly from TA, about being in a nightclub at the time and being reminded that JA was one of the prettiest women in the world ... certainly seems bogus.

My question is; Did Travis slip once or twice with JA BACK IN 2007 and are the rest of the sex tales a product of Ja's FRUITFUL IMAGINATION?

I am expecting some new and exciting testimony from the detective about which messages were manufactured by the Princess of Satan herself. Flores mentioned in the interview of her that they could tell if she had used a computer in California to send messages pretending to be him.

The jury has to be wondering about that. All the W1 allegations were obviously fabricated. Geff relied on them the same as everything else, so they can all be assumed to be equally reliable right? If JA could hear his phone messages she could send messages too. We know she tried to pull a trick with email; was she doing things there too? And maybe she did something to his computer. Certainly they've already discarded anything to do with *advertiser censored* from their consideration, except maybe as far as how manipulative JA is.

All the things we've suspected might be front and center in the jurors' minds after the MM debacle.

State vs JA Facebook page is posting this from one of the JA support sites. Guess a few over there do realize what a fiasco this was for her?

CaptureMM.JPG

In Beth's latest video she said it's her understanding that Jodi could have been forced to do her allocution Tuesday before the State's rebuttal began instead of at the end of this sentencing phase

She also said she cannot reassure anyone that this phase will be readily/easily viewable after Jodi is sent off to Perryville. That it is being recorded....but who is going to put all the hours, days , months worth of this online to view? She says she'd like to but doesn't think anyone would let her copy all that for her site

The whole *advertiser censored* on computer fiasco has worn me out. I think it went as deep as it did was exactly for the DT to confuse the heck out of everyone.

JMO

I agree. And it looks like there will be more as JM tries to clear it up with Detective Smith. I really thought it was interesting that the Bishop had a virus on his computer and took it to be fixed. Viruses happen and they redirect your browser to *advertiser censored* pop ups. It even happened to a Bishop's communal computer so why couldn't it happen to TA's? If it wasn't 14 years later and that computer wasn't likely long gone, it would be interesting to see what Sue would have found in that computer. Or any computer from any person on the jury who has experienced a virus.

That whole thing was a ridiculous wash. I really hope the jury sees that.

MOO

A gurney and a gold-plated needle.

If the nick from the Bic was unbearable, I'm thinking "she's not a needle fan" might be significant understatement.

I don't recall any ink, and we've certainly seen all her 'real estate' by now.

Yeah, she may actually faint (or is that feign?) dead away at the mere sight of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV