Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/29 thru 2/2 - Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The mystery of why he let her in (or didnt throw her out when he found her inside his house) ranks up there with what she did to make him so angry in mid-May.

<snip for important May bit>

I was watching her interviews with Detective Flores this morning and before I got dragged away to put together our swing seat I'm sure that she brought up that she'd been in Travis' email and facebook a couple of weeks beforehand and he'd told her quite clearly to stop that *@!% . I think that will be what started it off with possible "well I have a tape of us phone sexing!" thrown in.

Now I have to watch it again to hear exactly what she said.

I'm also not convinced he let her in. The photos of him on the bed do not look like someone who wants to be there by choice.

Think about it...if you're taking sexy photos of your own free will for your woman (sorry...girl *rolleyes*) to look at later, would you have posed like that? I still think he looks terrified in the close up before she started attacking him.

Another thing I watched today was Norbert and his "Jodi in the eye" palava. I missed it the first time.

His doodle had Jodi with a "camera" in her left hand when the button to make the shutter go is on the right hand side. I don't know how many people saw my post a couple of days ago about being left handed and learning to use things right handed but this is the kind of thing I meant. I mean I know she's got freakishly long fingers but even she couldn't do it.

And does anyone really think he will set foot on US soil ever again to face perjury charges???

Sure he will. Unless someone follows up nothing will be done. He won't be on any list to be arrested. There will be no warrants - nothing at all - unless someone follows it though.

His doodle had Jodi with a "camera" in her left hand when the button to make the shutter go is on the right hand side. I don't know how many people saw my post a couple of days ago about being left handed and learning to use things right handed but this is the kind of thing I meant. I mean I know she's got freakishly long fingers but even she couldn't do it.
BBM - If you watch the interrogations videos, when she is writing the letter to Travis' family, she uses her RIGHT hand, even though she says she's left handed. I noticed it and it stuck in my head. Of course I've watched those videos 5-6 times. I have them almost memorized.

I was watching her interviews with Detective Flores this morning and before I got dragged away to put together our swing seat I'm sure that she brought up that she'd been in Travis' email and facebook a couple of weeks beforehand and he'd told her quite clearly to stop that *@!% . I think that will be what started it off with possible "well I have a tape of us phone sexing!" thrown in.

Now I have to watch it again to hear exactly what she said.

I'm also not convinced he let her in. The photos of him on the bed do not look like someone who wants to be there by choice.

Think about it...if you're taking sexy photos of your own free will for your woman (sorry...girl *rolleyes*) to look at later, would you have posed like that? I still think he looks terrified in the close up before she started attacking him.

Another thing I watched today was Norbert and his "Jodi in the eye" palava. I missed it the first time.

Agreed. She could've come in through the doggy dog and surprised him.

Sure he will. Unless someone follows up nothing will be done. He won't be on any list to be arrested. There will be no warrants - nothing at all - unless someone follows it though.

Psssssssst FBI, CIA!

It is interesting that she entered 11th grade at the age of 17. If she had stayed in school she would almost be 19 at graduation . Did she stay back somewhere along the road.

Yes. Kindergarten. Now what makes you fail kindergarten? poor impulse control? immaturity? antisocial behavior? not a Einstein?

Yes. Kindergarten. Now what makes you fail kindergarten? poor impulse control? immaturity? antisocial behavior? not a Einstein?

My husband and his brother failed kindergarten. I think my husband has ADD, do not know about his brother. My husband has five brothers. Out of the five only one is somewhat successful. His mother was overwhelmed with her brood. She told me she had three kids in diapers at once! No books in the house, no homework help, father not home much, a lot of screwing around. IMO, a bad home life can contribute to failing grades.

It's interesting that there are now programs in place that will help pick up kids with learning problems much faster--even really bright kids can have learning problems. For sure, a chaotic home life can be a problem for little guys on many levels, but, even with draconian cut backs to early childhood education, there are people fighting to help kids realize their full potential.

However, I think JA needed much, much more help than anyone could possibly have known when she was in school. I'm looking forward to DeMarte's appearance on the stand. Particularly to her slicing through the DT's fairytales. Maybe she'll explain that PTSD based on an incident that never happened is not PTSD at all. Although I'm pretty sure we'll only get to hear her explain a phrase at a time, interspersed with JW's shrieked objections (my bet is that she's only going to get more shrill) and lengthy periods of white noise.

According to to the book by Jane Velez-Mitchell, she can over the next day to take him to a mechanic:
http://nypost.com/2013/08/18/exclus...-arias-sexual-obsession-led-to-tragic-climax/

Then, also in December, there was vandalism against Travis’ car when his tires were slashed. Even more strange was the fact that, the next day, Jodi called him nonchalantly on his cellphone, and when he told her about his four tires being slashed, she came right over to pick him up for the trip to the mechanic, sort of like the arsonist phoning in about the fire.

The tires were slashed again after that. See the section at the link on Slashing tires

Thank you for posting this, I haven't seen this before. As hearsay is allowed in the mitigation phase I hope JM gets this information in before this jury either through Janeen DeMarte or Taylor Searle himself.

"On Monday, May 26, Jodi and Travis got into a nasty fight. The following day, Travis called Taylor to tell him about the confrontation. He had been on Facebook and had gotten bounced off, a sign that someone else had logged on with his name. He was livid. He logged back on, and there was Jodi. She had hacked in again, but this time he caught her red-handed.
“Did you just log in?” he wanted to know. Travis got her to admit it and started unloading on her. “You are the worst thing that ever happened to me,” he wrote."

http://nypost.com/2013/08/18/exclus...-arias-sexual-obsession-led-to-tragic-climax/

I posted this a thread or two back and it got left behind when the door slammed shut.

I heard/read two things that I hadn't heard/seen before. One was that Jodi held a cat tightly until it passed out, and the other was Juan saying that the August night when Jodi went over to get her SS card, that she went through the back sliding glass door and into the house and stood watching Travis and a woman?

In Beth's latest video she said it's her understanding that Jodi could have been forced to do her allocution Tuesday before the State's rebuttal began instead of at the end of this sentencing phase

She also said she cannot reassure anyone that this phase will be readily/easily viewable after Jodi is sent off to Perryville. That it is being recorded....but who is going to put all the hours, days , months worth of this online to view? She says she'd like to but doesn't think anyone would let her copy all that for her site
BBM

There really isn't that many court hours.

Deanna did a costa rica mission....so of course...Jodi was there too!

My husband and his brother failed kindergarten. I think my husband has ADD, do not know about his brother. My husband has five brothers. Out of the five only one is somewhat successful. His mother was overwhelmed with her brood. She told me she had three kids in diapers at once! No books in the house, no homework help, father not home much, a lot of screwing around. IMO, a bad home life can contribute to failing grades.

I believe that also, but according to Jodi everything was wonderful in her world until she was seven years old. That's the age of some first graders.

Jodi would of been an early kindergartener with her birthday so close to when school started. Maybe that could be it, but I think there were several things going on. I mean your mom smoking pot the day before you were born has to have an effect, just drinking would. Wasn't Jodi six or seven when she hit Carl in the head with a baseball bat?

Thank you for posting this, I haven't seen this before. As hearsay is allowed in the mitigation phase I hope JM gets this information in before this jury either through Janeen DeMarte or Taylor Searle himself.

"On Monday, May 26, Jodi and Travis got into a nasty fight. The following day, Travis called Taylor to tell him about the confrontation. He had been on Facebook and had gotten bounced off, a sign that someone else had logged on with his name. He was livid. He logged back on, and there was Jodi. She had hacked in again, but this time he caught her red-handed.
&#8220;Did you just log in?&#8221; he wanted to know. Travis got her to admit it and started unloading on her. &#8220;You are the worst thing that ever happened to me,&#8221; he wrote."

I have read that the nypost is not the most reliable news source. Why would TA tell Taylor Searle how many orgasms JA would have. Yuck! Sounds like Junior High punks talking IMO. TA was 30 years old. I wonder how accurate their reporting is.

"One of Travis&#8217; best friends, Taylor Searle, said Travis revealed to him that Jodi was a sexual dynamo who could achieve numerous orgasms in a row.
Taylor said, &#8220;We were driving one day, and he was talking about Jodi and was describing how she was a nymphomaniac. He was explaining that Jodi had gotten herself off eight times in one day. It might have been nine, or it might have been 13.&#8221;

This is not correct: " Travis tried to be a good Mormon, even wearing his temple garments &#8212; the church&#8217;s symbolic protections from the evils of the world &#8212; under his clothes. But Jodi&#8217;s sexuality was too much to resist."

I believe that also, but according to Jodi everything was wonderful in her world until she was seven years old. That's the age of some first graders.

Jodi would of been an early kindergartener with her birthday so close to when school started. Maybe that could be it, but I think there were several things going on. I mean your mom smoking pot the day before you were born has to have an effect, just drinking would. Wasn't Jodi six or seven when she hit Carl in the head with a baseball bat?

IIRC, Jodi hit him with a plastic baseball bat and the babysitter that said that was only 12 years old.Seems she crawled out of the woodwork so she could have her moment of fame. I will have to look on YouTube tomorrow to find the interview, so until then MOOl.

Idk. It's in JVM book as "during the final quarter of tenth grade" My brother and I did a summer exchange in Guadalajara two years in a row...

I just find it hard to believe Jodi was ever a foreign exchange student. You have to be good in school to do that don't you? Victor Arias was probably a cousin or something if he exists.

Originally Posted by rose222:

"I must have forgotten this little tidbit but I just watched an old interview with Deanna on Dr. Drew. The baking cookies thing happened AFTER the slashing tires incident. Poor Deanna. I'll never understand how Travis allowed a woman who slashed all four tires (and more than once) to corner him in the shower".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I know why Deanna locked herself in Travis' room when she was upstairs, and again in his office when she was downstairs.

Not knowing if Jodi had a knife at the ready, I probably would have, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela