Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/29 thru 2/2 - Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why JM didn't do this.

I don't think this jury heard all that krapola from her about what he told her about the 'rules.' I think Juan was just focusing on the lies in the affidavits, and that is all.

Does anyone know if the "Temple Recommend" is just for that large nice Mormon Temple that I think is in Salt Lake City Utah?

I am trying to understand if the "Recommend" means that you get to go inside that specific Temple? Or are there other temples elsewhere that it gives you permission to go inside of?

And if you don't have a "Recommend" then does it mean you cant even set foot inside that building?

Any help if anyone knows is appreciated. There was so much testimony about the "recommend" and just trying to better understand if it means about just that 1 really large nice building I have seen on TV many times.

I may be wrong but I think the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings in there sometimes? Maybe all the time?

Temple Recommend is about all Mormon temples all over. (I have close family members who are Mormons.)

Temple Recommend is about all Mormon temples all over. (I have close family members who are Mormons.)

Thank you. I had been thinking about it all wrong all this time. LOL I always thought it meant just that 1 large nice building. Its such a beatiful building in Salt Lake City.
And I love listening to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir whenever I can catch them on TV.

Thank you. I had been thinking about it all wrong all this time. LOL I always thought it meant just that 1 large nice building. Its such a beatiful building in Salt Lake City.
And I love listening to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir whenever I can catch them on TV.

Yeah. My cousin got married in a Temple here in Netherlands and I wasn't allowed in. It's all very secret and mysterious.

I don't think this jury heard all that krapola from her about what he told her about the 'rules.' I think Juan was just focusing on the lies in the affidavits, and that is all.

Ahh yes, that makes sense, thank you.

I think all the Mormon temples are big impressive looking buildings. There is a large temple in the DC area. You can Google images of temples to get an idea.

My guess is they are delusional. Some people just live in a different reality, some believe her story that she was justified and others go as far as believing she didn't even do it. I think one or two actually still think it was ninjas!

It is hard to not feel sorry for those who are that delusional.

Sadly some of them seem to have a DV past and are now fully immersed in the LaViolette mindset. its hard to imagine what motivates the others. My understanding is that their leader also ran the CA is Innocent site as well. Go figure.

Marking my spot because technical difficulties have caused me to have to create a new name and almost have a heartattack trying to find this thread...the last night 12 hours have been horrible!!! Formerly and hoping to return to Wagara!

I just relit my candle. Thanks for the reminder NB2!

Apparently Jodi doesn't want her family and friends to help her. Her focus is to convince the jury Travis was an abusive, *advertiser censored* watching pedophile. And her allocution thus far is that her parents were abusive druggies not concerned middle class people who sent their daughter abroad to study Spanish. Except she wound up studying Victor
She wants their help. She thinks they should all get out the stand and lie like flat fish for her. And THAT isn't something that most people will do.

Poor little abandoned <modsnip>....what's a murderer to do?

Yeah. My cousin got married in a Temple here in Netherlands and I wasn't allowed in. It's all very secret and mysterious.

I'm not Mormon, but your BBM choice of words may have conveyed something other than what I hope you meant. I'm sure they regard it as a sacred place that one must earn the right to enter.

I'm not Mormon, but your BBM choice of words may have conveyed something other than what I hope you meant. I'm sure they regard it as a sacred place that one must earn the right to enter.

I can't really help what those words convey to you, though. To me, it all really is very secret and mysterious. I didn't say anything else and there's no hidden meaning or thoughts behind them.

I missed that part. How did I miss that? That's so great lol! I think the DT ruined their whole case by introducig Marc McGee's affidavit. Huge. They were actually doing quite well, imo, before they lost focus and moved on to child *advertiser censored* on pc's.

I had missed it too. But Paul Sanders, who is in court daily, put it in his Facebook blog

Good article

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3618497

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I highly recommend the 25 point list of how to spot a predator. Very relevant. Thanks for sharing it! Just one of them:
The Truth Is Their Kryptonite: They will slander and assassinate the character of anyone who sees them for who they are, tries to tell the truth, or calls them out on lies. The truth is a direct threat to their way of life.

I had missed it too. But Paul Sanders, who is in court daily, put it in his Facebook blog

Ah, thanks for posting it. I really did miss it. I wonder what other important tidbits don't get tweeted. :gaah:

I highly recommend the 25 point list of how to spot a predator. Very relevant. Thanks for sharing it! Just one of them:
The snippet you quoted from how to spot a predator.....

The Truth Is Their Kryptonite: They will slander and assassinate the character of anyone who sees them for who they are, tries to tell the truth, or calls them out on lies. The truth is a direct threat to their way of life.

BBM

..... really puts me in mind of what Arias said in the Ryan Owens interview:

"If you're not abusing me and attacking me and threatening to kill my life, there's no reason to fear."

Kill my life (rather than "kill me") is an odd turn of phrase, and I've always felt that it's a freudian slip - that it's exactly what she felt Travis was doing to her, or about to do. Threatening to expose her, ruin life as she knew it, and destroy her carefully laid plans for the future.

The snippet you quoted from how to spot a predator.....

BBM

..... really puts me in mind of what Arias said in the Ryan Owens interview:

"If you're not abusing me and attacking me and threatening to kill my life, there's no reason to fear."

Kill my life (rather than "kill me") is an odd turn of phrase, and I've always felt that it's a freudian slip - that it's exactly what she felt Travis was doing to her, or about to do. Threatening to expose her, ruin life as she knew it, and destroy her carefully laid plans for the future.

I think you nailed this. I was wondering why she said it that way. It makes total sense now.

She may have already made her decision to begin the preparation for his murder when she said this OR was this post murder in the interview?

If post murder, then it still makes perfect sense what you said about her slipping up and she was giving the reason and motive why she killed him.

Sadly some of them seem to have a DV past and are now fully immersed in the LaViolette mindset. its hard to imagine what motivates the others. My understanding is that their leader also ran the CA is Innocent site as well. Go figure.
BBM - Good old cold hard cash is what motivates them. :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member