Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/29 thru 2/2 - Break

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ATL, I've had a very difficult time with WS all day today getting it to load and posting, extremely slow. I was only able to post one thing and thank posts. Avatars were missing including on beginnings of threads. Maybe JA supporters are spamming us???

well, the problems yesterday did lead me to clean up my computer. I had over 3 GIGS!!! of tmp files :floorlaugh: I deleted them and all my cookies etc. I'm not very computer savvy, wish my computer would automatically clean cache/tmp files and cookies.

Does anyone know how Jodi got Travis' Facebook, MySpace and E-Mail passwords to be able to hack into his accounts and also when she got them?

I thought she said they exchanged passwords "to repair trust with each other" after after she snooped through his phone. That would have been July, 2007?

But then I thought she stole a notebook of his that had passwords in it before she moved back to Yreka in April, 2008?

I know she did some hacking from Yreka, but did she also do any hacking between July 2007 and April 2008 when she was in Mesa before she moved?

Thanks if anyone has any info.

She had carefully obsessed over and studied him for months.

What passwords she didn't know were easily reset by answering his not-so-secret [in]security questions. She probably reset them to his password(s) that she did know.

If the account was not one accessed daily, for example, he might assume that he had temporarily forgotten the password and entered his other one instead.

Many accounts allow users to remain logged on for weeks or months at a time before requiring signin -- not that there's anything wrong with that.

There's this site called websleuths.com...

She had carefully obsessed over and studied him for months.

What passwords she didn't know were easily reset by answering his not-so-secret [in]security questions. She probably reset them to his password(s) that she did know.

If the account was not one accessed daily, for example, he might assume that he had temporarily forgotten the password and entered his other one instead.

Many accounts allow users to remain logged on for weeks or months at a time before requiring signin -- not that there's anything wrong with that.

There's this site called websleuths.com...

And if the stalker has installed EBlaster software, the victim can change and change and change their password in an effort to avoid being snooped upon....but the software will just send the new passwords right to the stalker's inbox.

Mention of JW and Dr. Horn triggered a very vague memory from the first trial - JW sitting at the DT with barely suppressed excitement anticipating her cross of Dr. Horn during rebuttal/surrebuttal ... when out of nowhere a juror question allowed Dr. Horn to preempt JW's coming attack regarding a "mistake" in his report supporting the DT claim the gun shot didn't extensively damage TA's brain because the "lining"/dura mata (sp) wasn't penetrated. Ring any bells with anyone else? I clearly remember JW deflating like a busted balloon at that juror's astute question.

I actually think it was something she had not even caught yet or had even occurred to her until the juror (probably the nurse) asked the question otherwise she would have hit in her CIC. The fact that the juror caught it and gave Dr. Horn a chance to explain it really took the sting out of Willmott's attacking it in follow up and surrebuttal. I think she only got the idea to attack thanks to the juror. They also seem to have let the typo go altogether, probably after someone told them it indeed would have been impossible for the dura mater to be intact when there is a hole in the skull. They just wouldn't have won there.

Breakfast then walking the beach on the Island

image.jpg

*"Do you remember when the defendant was in jail up in Yreka, [California] and the defendant’s manifesto ... Do you remember that was in your notes?" Martinez asked Psychotherapist Alyce LaViolette.
*"I remember hearing about it [but] I've never seen it," she replied.
*"Isn't it true that the defendant was signing or autographing copies of the manifesto?" asked Martinez.
*"I believe those were my notes," LaViolette said.
Martinez interjected that Arias' writing of a manifesto appears to go against the idea that she lacks self-esteem – something LaViolette previously testified to. The domestic violence expert disagreed with his assumption.
*"No, I don't think it does at all ... She may think she's a good writer ... but it doesn't mean [she has] high self-esteem," LaViolette said.
*Martinez pointed out that Arias had asked someone to print out copies of the manifesto because she wanted them signed "in case ... she became famous."

That was my impression, though I suppose JA could have called him to find out why he had removed her, I didn't notice if anyone had picked that up anywhere ... I have enough trouble trying to follow her thought pattern, ie. why wait until Dec/07 to prove her "love" by sending this letter to TA about a "hug" almost a year after it happened?

I think she was referencing a more recent possibly made up event that happened with AA. Near the end of the email she mentions a hug a couple of weeks ago? Either I am reading it wrong or she messed up her timeline.

I just read through 20 pages. Here are some things I remember I wanted to say:

- On Travis calling Jodi "girlfriend ", that sounded so sarcastic imo. Either he was saying it in a very sarcastic ridiculous way, meaning Jodi would never be his girlfriend and if Travis had a girlfriend, why would Abe, dude at Travis's work (a businessman who's older) kiss a co - worker's girlfriend (meaning Travis didn't buy Jodi's bs story and was just eye roll whatever Jodi mmmk), maybe he meant oh girl pause friend, or maybe she was briefly his girlfriend as in I'm dating you, but not exclusively, but you're a girl. I don't believe it meant omg we are going steady, I wub you, I can haz marriage?! There are plenty of fish in the sea, and Travis caught a piranha.

- I don't think Jodi was above going to internet cafés and befriending, flirting with not very popular, yet knowledgeable computer guys to get hacking info. This trial is full of wtf moments.

- I'm seriously considering suggesting this case to Sarah Koenig for Serial season 2 to find out all the mysteries and to fully rehab the lies Jodi told.

This was a theory not long ago

included among Travis’s entries for May 27, 2008, is: “UFC party was great as usual. Met some new people. A couple new girls even. Anything that will get my mind off Lisa for a moment.”

Then on May 29, 2008, which is Travis’s final entry, he writes, “However, the good news is on Saturday I met a cutie pie on Saturday at my UFC party. I saw her Sunday again at church. Two days ago she requested me as a friend on Facebook. We have been sending email flirts ever since. I got the phone number. We’ve been texting and now we are hanging out tonight.”

Note that Saturday was May 24, 2008. His reference to “two days ago” is either May 27 or, possibly, May 26.

May 26, 2008 entries, Jodi discusses their fight and seems to downplay it. She admits going into Travis’s Facebook page, claiming he gave her his password, but she says she hadn’t logged into his account for a week. She writes that Travis asked her not to do it again.

As for the timeline in the case, the “burglary” of the gun and other items at Jodi’s grandparents’ home occurred on May 28, 2008. Travis was murdered on June 4, 2008.

Had Jodi actually posted something on Facebook–a comment or a photo–that was meant to thwart a budding relationship with the woman Travis just met (Brooke)? We may never know exactly what was a posted but it seems that this could be the catalyst for the horrible May 26, 2008 fight–the explanation we’ve all been looking for.

Mention of JW and Dr. Horn triggered a very vague memory from the first trial - JW sitting at the DT with barely suppressed excitement anticipating her cross of Dr. Horn during rebuttal/surrebuttal ... when out of nowhere a juror question allowed Dr. Horn to preempt JW's coming attack regarding a "mistake" in his report supporting the DT claim the gun shot didn't extensively damage TA's brain because the "lining"/dura mata (sp) wasn't penetrated. Ring any bells with anyone else? I clearly remember JW deflating like a busted balloon at that juror's astute question.

I do remember Deb ~ here is that little clip. Jurors questions toward the end.

[video=youtube;BcEDQZmFxsg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcEDQZmFxsg[/video]

Just checking in & catching up - and thanking everyone for their updates & discussion. Worked all week and missed alot. Here we are going into February, hoping this ends before March.
Just a comment about the killer's "arrested development". She thinks like a teenager - they became "official" on this date, broke up June 29, "he cheated on me", etc, she sounds so immature. Can you imagine how she must have grated on Travis' nerves? She is like a whiny 14 y/o girl.
What really stands out to me from the testimony and messages etc disclosed in this retrial is exactly how much she WAS obsessed with Travis. Her entire being revolved around him. She lived and breathed Travis for nearly two years. I really think she imagined that he loved her. I believe she made up most of what she writes and speaks I don't for one moment think he ever proposed to her. I also feel he never led her to believe that they ever had a future together either. I think he thought they were over when she moved back to Yreka. I don't even believe he let her in June 4, I think she snuck in.
It truly was a "Fatal Attraction" for the murderess. Too bad Travis was such a friendly guy, and I am sure he never thought she was as crazy as she indeed was. How sad.

I actually think it was something she had not even caught yet or had even occurred to her until the juror (probably the nurse) asked the question otherwise she would have hit in her CIC. The fact that the juror caught it and gave Dr. Horn a chance to explain it really took the sting out of Willmott's attacking it in follow up and surrebuttal. I think she only got the idea to attack thanks to the juror. They also seem to have let the typo go altogether, probably after someone told them it indeed would have been impossible for the dura mater to be intact when there is a hole in the skull. They just wouldn't have won there.

Thank you, MeeBee, that seems right to me. Iirc, which is doubtful, JW called Dr. Geffner in surrebuttal to dispute JA's BPD, but also to exploit Horn's dura mater "mistake" and claim the gun shot (coming first) didn't almost immediately incapacitate TA as Dr. Horn claimed it would have. Geffner felt entirely qualified to offer medical opinions then and now because he was a "neuropsychologist". Uh huh.

I don't think you need a ring on your finger, to have the right to have the belief that someone is committed to you and is in a serious relationship with you. I think when you give someone the title of being your "girlfriend" it usually means something. It's not the same as calling and old girl "dear, baby, sweetheart, honey" or something like that. For me personally if someone acknowledged me as his girlfriend then we're no longer casually dating; it's something serious now and with it comes certain limitations; he can't be texting/calling other women behind my back.

And honestly, I'm not a fan at all of guys who just tell someone "You're my girlfriend" to keep the sex coming and don't really mean it. That would be an awful thing to do to a woman. So I'd rather think that TA was serious about JA for a while and that it then watered down to just a booty call type of relationship than him calling her his GF and sort of just leading her on to get the sex.

Well, my first boyfriend was when I was 4 years old! We held hands and walked to the chicken coop down the dirt road often :giggle: We were going to get married! My next committed boyfriend was in 5th grade, when he gave me his ID bracelet to wear (awwwww, the 60's lol). That lasted 3 days I believe :giggle:

I could go on, but the level of maturity, and the definition of girlfriend/boyfriend, flows iykwim

I believe it's her first DP case, but she has to be DP qualified, whatever that means. She can't be lead attorney, that's why Nurmi has to stay on the team whether he likes it or not. From her company's site (partners with husband), she handles mostly DUI's, sex offenses....

Jen is the DP qualified Atty. Nurmi has to have co counsel who is DP qualified

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/03/jodi-arias-trial-update-murder_n_1181779.html

During today's case-management hearing, Stephens appointed Jennifer Willmott, a death penalty-qualified defense attorney, to represent Arias. Willmott will have roughly 10 months to get up to speed on the case.

Just checking in & catching up - and thanking everyone for their updates & discussion. Worked all week and missed alot. Here we are going into February, hoping this ends before March.
Just a comment about the killer's "arrested development". She thinks like a teenager - they became "official" on this date, broke up June 29, "he cheated on me", etc, she sounds so immature. Can you imagine however she must have grated on Travis' nerves? She is like a whiny 14 y/o girl.
What really stands out to me from the testimony and messages disclosed in this retrial is exactly how much she WAS obsessed with Travis. Her entire being revolved around him. She lived and breathed Travis for nearly two years. I really think she imagined that he loved her. I believe she made up most of what she writes and speaks I don't from one moment think he ever proposed to her. I also feel he never led her to believe that they ever had a future together either. I think he thought they were over when she moved back to Yreka. I don't even believe he let her in June 4, I think she snuck in.
It truly was a "Fatal Attraction" for the murderess. Too bad Travis was such a friendly guy, and am sure he never thought she was as crazy as she indeed was. How sad.

There have been discussions about whether JA was ever TA's girlfriend. Just listened to the Chris Hughes interview on Tricia's True Crime Radio. Chris seems to confirm that at one point in time, JA was TA's girlfriend.

Chris says - "He [Travis] still really likes her [JA] and in fact was right there at the point where he wanted to commit to her. I can't remember if he already had, maybe, you know, the timeline. I can't remember when they were officially boyfriend/girlfriend. But it was about this time."

Listen at 1:13:42 - 1:13:55
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websle...as-true-crime-radio-sunday-night-8-pm-eastern

well, the problems yesterday did lead me to clean up my computer. I had over 3 GIGS!!! of tmp files :floorlaugh: I deleted them and all my cookies etc. I'm not very computer savvy, wish my computer would automatically clean cache/tmp files and cookies.

I thought it was my computer too, I tried 'Down for me or everyone?' and it said it was me. lol If you use IE, go to Tools/Internet Options/Advanced tab and scroll down to Security and put a check in 'Empty Temporary Internet Files Folder when browser is closed'. The cookies and such you have to do on your own though.

I feel so lost, can't remember when I've missed almost an entire day here. :o

ETA: I searched twitter for 'websleuths' yesterday to see if anyone was tweeting about the problem getting in here and the first two tweets that came up were for hot girl kinda things, that was rather freaky. Why would shank sites be putting #websleuths in their tweets?

*"Do you remember when the defendant was in jail up in Yreka, [California] and the defendant’s manifesto ... Do you remember that was in your notes?" Martinez asked Psychotherapist Alyce LaViolette.
*"I remember hearing about it [but] I've never seen it," she replied.
*"Isn't it true that the defendant was signing or autographing copies of the manifesto?" asked Martinez.
*"I believe those were my notes," LaViolette said.
Martinez interjected that Arias' writing of a manifesto appears to go against the idea that she lacks self-esteem – something LaViolette previously testified to. The domestic violence expert disagreed with his assumption.
*"No, I don't think it does at all ... She may think she's a good writer ... but it doesn't mean [she has] high self-esteem," LaViolette said.
*Martinez pointed out that Arias had asked someone to print out copies of the manifesto because she wanted them signed "in case ... she became famous."
IIRC when the letter to Travis' family was brought up in court someone posted that Beth said on her sight there will be another document coming in during the rebuttal phase. I think it may be the manifesto. My impression was that Beth was saying that there will be a new document that we haven't seen before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gordock