Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/29 thru 2/2 - Break

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK...so we did not get to juror questions for the bishop. I guess the trial by tweet has me more confused than I thought. It seems the question of whether Temple Recommendation (or loss of) follows a member no matter how many times he/she relocates was asked of the bishop by JM. I am not sure how I got the impression it was a juror question but, oh well...it was a very good question that informed jurors that a church member's move from one state to another would not just wipe the slate clean.

Juror questions were asked to Deanna about Temple Recs, etc. I think that's what you're thinking of.

I honestly hadn't meant it as a reprimand, I was just referring to a previous poster that had stated that in her/his opinion the temples were considered sacred, as opposed to how some JA supporters like to make snide remarks about some kind of secret Mormon mafia... sorry for any ill will that may have caused.:truce:

Oh, no ill will at all! I was just agreeing with the other poster that what goes on in the temple seems secretive. Mormons do prefer to use the word sacred. It doesn't matter to me either way! :seeya:

Does anyone know how Jodi got Travis' Facebook, MySpace and E-Mail passwords to be able to hack into his accounts and also when she got them?

I thought she said they exchanged passwords "to repair trust with each other" after after she snooped through his phone. That would have been July, 2007?

But then I thought she stole a notebook of his that had passwords in it before she moved back to Yreka in April, 2008?

I know she did some hacking from Yreka, but did she also do any hacking between July 2007 and April 2008 when she was in Mesa before she moved?

Thanks if anyone has any info.

Does anyone know how Jodi got Travis' Facebook, MySpace and E-Mail passwords to be able to hack into his accounts and also when she got them?

I thought she said they exchanged passwords "to repair trust with each other" after after she snooped through his phone. That would have been July, 2007?

But then I thought she stole a notebook of his that had passwords in it before she moved back to Yreka in April, 2008?

I know she did some hacking from Yreka, but did she also do any hacking between July 2007 and April 2008 when she was in Mesa before she moved?

I don't know and I don't think anyone knows for sure. In high school I had a friend who was fond of getting people's locker combinations and leaving stuff in their lockers. I swore he'd never get my combination and did everything possible to keep him from getting it, but he eventually got it. (Just to pat myself on the back for a second here. I was the last one he got.)

I think Travis thought he could trust her and probably didn't think twice about logging into stuff while she was standing right next to him. It's also possible he used poor passwords like 1234, Napoleon, or his birthday or something else fairly easy to figure out. JMO

I don't know and I don't think anyone knows for sure. In high school I had a friend who was fond of getting people's locker combinations and leaving stuff in their lockers. I swore he'd never get my combination and did everything possible to keep him from getting it, but he eventually got it. (Just to pat myself on the back for a second here. I was the last one he got.)

I think Travis thought he could trust her and probably didn't think twice about logging into stuff while she was standing right next to him. It's also possible he used poor passwords like 1234, Napoleon, or his birthday or something else fairly easy to figure out. JMO

Going a bit OT: Some people just have no password sense. It all seems like such a bother. I have worked with such people and it leads to nothing but trouble. Passwords are really important these days. Just think: all that brain you used to use to remember phone numbers? You don't need that now. Lyrics to oldies? Let them go. Make strong passwords and use that free part of your brain to remember them. Or use password management software, and change your passwords from time to time.

Truth Detector!
Ahahaha!

Thindy Brady, is that you?!

Abe is thanking his good Karma, the murderess didn't think to use his name as her Mystery Stalker.
Just one more thing to muddy the water...
If now his name is tossed out there as her stalker....er, my bad.

Secret Witness1:
I daydream of him on the stand, being Jaunaillated, barfing on his shoes as he lies.

The little boy who hid in his dad's attic, as we watched an empty, silver balloon fly 1000 feet in the air, live on all news channels,
told his story to CNN. His body rejected the lie, dry heaving mid-sentence, more than once.

A girl can dream.

I'm not convinced JW has a lot of high quality book learning. She doesn't seem to have had rigorous professors or mentors, otherwise she'd be much more precise. She's a sloppy thinker and a sloppy user of language: this doesn't speak very well for her standards for herself. She's not a young 'un and should be a lot more mature in her professional skills.

I agree with all the rest, MeeBee: good points!

So, now I'll look up JW's vita.....

I agree. When she was cross examining Dr Horn I was embarrassed for her.

No. Not immigration into Arizona but into Costa Rica. Please read previous posts regarding entry into Costa Rica.

Willmott's intent was to raise doubt about when exactly, and how often, Deanna returned to the U.S., so that jurors might think it possible, at least, that Witness #1's testimony was true.

Hence:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 27s 27 seconds ago
Willmott pressuring Reid saying, "Your passport & immigration papers would confirm that you only came home once?" Reid: "Yes." #jodiarias

BBM

Marking my spot because technical difficulties have caused me to have to create a new name and almost have a heartattack trying to find this thread...the last night 12 hours have been horrible!!! Formerly and hoping to return to Wagara!

I had a really hard time getting in here yesterday too. I was able to post one thing, but it never took me back to Websleuths. Later I got back in and noticed I had screwed up my post. I tried to edit it, but I kept getting timed out every time I tried. Was anyone else having problems? It seems to be fine this morning.

In my post about Jodi's MANY jobs, I accidently used Juan Martinez's initials instead of JW's. Jenny was the one who looked shell shocked at DeMarte's answer. And it was roughly 2 months of JA babysitting. :facepalm:

I had a VERY hard time getting in. Only once did I get in, and my post didn't post. Matter of fact, my tab is still circling and downloading lol. Funny, it's loading so slow I could write down all the stuff that WS is downloading for the page as it shows on the lower right. Let's see if this posts now.

This may surprise folks, but some guys will tell a girl they like her to keep the sex spigot on. May even -- secretly -- call her "girlfriend", "dear", "hon'", etc. on occasion as TA did.

Doesn't mean they've been to pick out a ring or that they've put down a deposit on a venue.

I don't think you need a ring on your finger, to have the right to have the belief that someone is committed to you and is in a serious relationship with you. I think when you give someone the title of being your "girlfriend" it usually means something. It's not the same as calling and old girl "dear, baby, sweetheart, honey" or something like that. For me personally if someone acknowledged me as his girlfriend then we're no longer casually dating; it's something serious now and with it comes certain limitations; he can't be texting/calling other women behind my back.

And honestly, I'm not a fan at all of guys who just tell someone "You're my girlfriend" to keep the sex coming and don't really mean it. That would be an awful thing to do to a woman. So I'd rather think that TA was serious about JA for a while and that it then watered down to just a booty call type of relationship than him calling her his GF and sort of just leading her on to get the sex.

I agree with your perceptions of JW and where she is weak. I have noticed the same things that you mention. She is the polar opposite of Juan, who can think on his feet, without notes. She is also boring and redundant at times in her meticulous need for legal protocol when questioning someone.

A blatant example of this is found in JA's secret testimony to the jury. Obviously, the DT wanted the jury to hear JA's story. JW interrupted her constantly to pin down exact info that was meaningless to the story. She couldn't get past her training on "how to properly interview somebody on the stand" (class 101) despite the fact that it was HER client who was trying to present a story to the jury. She's a robot. Maybe she is a good professor of law, but she hasn't progressed beyond the basics to being successful in court, despite her years of experience.

I don't need to mention her annoying voice, temper tantrums or condescending treatment of credible witnesses which will likely turn off a jury. She could have learned so much from Juan in this trial. Instead she seems to mock him when she imitates his style imo. Well, we know Juan's opinion of her, which caused a motion to eject him from the court. lol

I did check JW's vita. Well, I couldn't get the whole thing, but maybe someone else can figure out how to get it: I guess JW has been hearing from the "haters". Her BA doesn't list anything like "magna *advertiser censored* laude" or even "*advertiser censored* laude" in the bio line. Did I say she was not a stellar student? Not having honors (except maybe at an elite university) would not be common for a person headed to law school. This is partly because lawyers and future lawyers are very competitive types. Plus, her major is not given, and we all know there are "jock" majors and "majors" majors. There is no mention of work on the law school journal, clerkship, honor societies, bi lines on professors' articles, major contributions to science, undergraduate thesis, Phi Beta Kappa..... This is all stuff that lawyers brag about...

And I definitely agree with Casesensitive: JW is not a creative thinker.

We know JA accessed TA's voicemail system ~6 hrs. after slaughtering him. She'd probably been closely following those messages for months and using them to stalk TA on his dates.

Her Journals

Vol.2, p.59 - Nov.19, 2007 TA's grandma is ill.

Vol.2, p.63 - Nov.24, 2007
She had Thanksgiving with some family from the church, "then I went home and grabbed my computer and went to Travis' house. I got my ring and then stayed and watched the Secret." .... then, "I fell asleep there."

Vol.2 p.65 Nov.25, 2007
"Tomorrow marks 1 year for me as a church member."

This tells me that one, TA likely wasn't even home when she went and slept at his place and by "her" ring... who knows, perhaps the engagement ring is what she is referring to? Iirc, TA didn't realize it had gone missing until 2008.

She could have bought herself a ring and had it shipped to Travis'. She didn't have any kind of permanent "ship to" address, I would think.

I don't think you need a ring on your finger, to have the right to have the belief that someone is committed to you and is in a serious relationship with you. I think when you give someone the title of being your "girlfriend" it usually means something. It's not the same as calling and old girl "dear, baby, sweetheart, honey" or something like that. For me personally if someone acknowledged me as his girlfriend then we're no longer casually dating; it's something serious now and with it comes certain limitations; he can't be texting/calling other women behind my back.

And honestly, I'm not a fan at all of guys who just tell someone "You're my girlfriend" to keep the sex coming and don't really mean it. That would be an awful thing to do to a woman. So I'd rather think that TA was serious about JA for a while and that it then watered down to just a booty call type of relationship than him calling her his GF and sort of just leading her on to get the sex.

In this case, he didn't have to tell JA she was his girlfriend. She was 'laying it on' (it = the sexplay) thick enough without it.

According to Clancy Talbot, when JA announced to a gathering of 30 or so friends at his place that she was TA's girlfriend, instead of confirming or even acknowledging her as such he clearly and publicly denied it before she slept 'neath the Christmas boughs.

Source: http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/03/20/friend-travis-alexander-clancy-talbot-prosecution-witness-list

I was just looking up how many murder cases she's won, if any, or any cases she's defended, with no success. I am eager to see what you find.

I believe it's her first DP case, but she has to be DP qualified, whatever that means. She can't be lead attorney, that's why Nurmi has to stay on the team whether he likes it or not. From her company's site (partners with husband), she handles mostly DUI's, sex offenses....

I agree. When she was cross examining Dr Horn I was embarrassed for her.

Mention of JW and Dr. Horn triggered a very vague memory from the first trial - JW sitting at the DT with barely suppressed excitement anticipating her cross of Dr. Horn during rebuttal/surrebuttal ... when out of nowhere a juror question allowed Dr. Horn to preempt JW's coming attack regarding a "mistake" in his report supporting the DT claim the gun shot didn't extensively damage TA's brain because the "lining"/dura mata (sp) wasn't penetrated. Ring any bells with anyone else? I clearly remember JW deflating like a busted balloon at that juror's astute question.

It's so so easy to do. You just install software on the person's computer and have their every cyber movement delivered right to your email...as easy as having a pizza delivered.

http://www.spectorsoft.com/products/eBlaster_Windows/index.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member