Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/29 thru 2/2 - Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, official most often means an engagement ring, "going steady" is often a precursor to that but is something that is openly admitted to everyone around, but dating... well dating is just dating and in most cultures unless there is some kind of "token"(be it a ring, a pin, or wearing your bf's letter sweater kind of thing) that points to "going steady", usually means that you are free to date others, even if you're "sleeping" with all of them. It's strictly up to the parties involved as to what situation they are willing to adhere to, if you don't like it then you don't "date" the other person, easy peasy!

Didn't Travis give Jodi a CTR ring?

Oh right, this came out of JAs mouth. :facepalm:

I've seen multiple posters say that Juan has convinced them that Jodi and Travis were never officially dating ("boyfriend/girlfriend"). I was totally part of this school of thought until this afternoon.
I was listening to the original trial while doing chores, and the day of the sex tape starting playing. :shame: Before I could fast forward through it, I heard an exchange that gave me pause.

JA and TA are having a conversation about Abe and how TA did not care for him. The relevant exchange goes like this:

Jodi: "He's like [referring to Abe] . . . 'I don't understand, ya know. I see him in the bathroom, and I'm a ghost to him. He looks right through me . . .'"

(side conversation)

Travis: "He's a ghost to me because what am I supposed to say? You kissed my girlfriend."

Jodi: "That was before I was your girlfriend."

Like many (ok, ALL) of you, I know JA is beyond capable of fabricating a relationship. But after hearing Travis call JA his girlfriend and hearing JA refer to herself as his girlfriend (at least at one point in time) without Travis refuting it, now I'm not so sure. Thoughts?

*To hear the portion of the trial to which I am referring, skip to 8:16

[video=youtube;3uZTXKLqoXE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uZTXKLqoXE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uZTXKLqoXE[/video]

They hadn't been boyfriend girlfriend for eleven months at that point. I think in the beginning there was a boyfriend/girlfriend thing going on. I don't think they were ever official though. Jodi writes in her journal the first of August 2007 about how the last month had been hell for her, and she goes on about Travis kissing and dating other women and how it makes her feel.

I also see that she'd changed her story a bit in her testimony - 1) that when she broke up with Travis June 29th, she made a snap decision to move up to Big Sur with Matt M. then she moved to Mesa less than a month later? I keep forgetting that she didn't live in Mesa until August 1,2007 - it was eleven months since she and Travis met. Hmm eleven twice

I always wonder when Travis and Jodi met and someone posted a flyer for the event at the MGM as September 10 -12 ,2006.

Jodi list one as one of the presents Travis showered on her at Christmas 2006? I don't think he would be doing this in 2007. Jodi was stalking Travis and Lisa then.

Really interesting, thanks! I'd be really interested to hear YOUR impressions of Walkman juror. How many more days will you be going to court?

Just because Walkman isolates himself in public doesn't mean he's like that in the jury room. Nor does it mean that he'll arrive at a different conclusion than the others or hold out.....

From what you've tweeted so far, I'd trust your take over Sanders. :). And that the media folk think not DP? Pffft.

Will you do a blog?? and can you let us know?

OT: MarVA, you're from DC, too? I have looked at your name and thought it might mean, Maryland & Virginia, maybe just asking for the DC to be inserted!

Yeah, born in DC, raised in MD, now living in VA. I'll always fondly remember "B**** set me up"! Good times.

I have learned that having book learnings does not always translate to being good at what you do. There are people who are motivated and driven to succeed and that gets you far but it doesn't mean you'll always be good at putting what you learn into practice. I think Willmott is intelligent and she is good at what she does and can teach the things she's learned to future lawyers. I am only observing this from a lay person's point of view but I think she does make these boneheaded mistakes and doedn't know when to quit while she's ahead. She asks TOO MANY questionsI've noticed that when she thinks she's made a good point she tried to really nail it down and keeps asking questions on that one point in many different ways and that leads her into undoing the work she just did in getting the answer she originally wanted.

For instance, when she was questioning Dr. Hayes and kept trying to drill on Dr. Demarte not doing a good job, she'd ask a question, get the answer she wanted and then keep going. She had tried to say previous that Demarte was being misleading by including work she's done before she was licensed as years that she practiced. Hayes said she would not include pre-license work in how many years she'd been practicing. And Willmott kept going and got Hayes to say that while other psychologists might do this, she personally doesn't. It's just a choice. Good job.

Or when she was trying to nail Demarte for not using the latest version of the MCMI. Willmott had gotten an answer she wanted and said, "you wouldn't just not use the latest version because your employer hadn't bought the latest version, would you?" Giving Hayes the chance to say yeah that's exactly one reason why you wouldn't. You can't use it if you don't have it. She further clarified that even though there's an updated version, using an older version is still perfectly adequate. It's just an updated version of the tests but the old test still works fine.

I think the points she wants to make are good but she doesn't always ask the questions in a way to make her point. She's too open ended.

I agree with your perceptions of JW and where she is weak. I have noticed the same things that you mention. She is the polar opposite of Juan, who can think on his feet, without notes. She is also boring and redundant at times in her meticulous need for legal protocol when questioning someone.

A blatant example of this is found in JA's secret testimony to the jury. Obviously, the DT wanted the jury to hear JA's story. JW interrupted her constantly to pin down exact info that was meaningless to the story. She couldn't get past her training on "how to properly interview somebody on the stand" (class 101) despite the fact that it was HER client who was trying to present a story to the jury. She's a robot. Maybe she is a good professor of law, but she hasn't progressed beyond the basics to being successful in court, despite her years of experience.

I don't need to mention her annoying voice, temper tantrums or condescending treatment of credible witnesses which will likely turn off a jury. She could have learned so much from Juan in this trial. Instead she seems to mock him when she imitates his style imo. Well, we know Juan's opinion of her, which caused a motion to eject him from the court. lol

Will you do a blog?? and can you let us know?

Oooh! I like that idea! The blog feature here on Websleuths is easy to use and we'll know where to find your posts, Ziggy. You won't get lost in the threads. I would have missed your earlier post had someone (Hatfield?) not quoted it. Consider a WS blog?

ETA: I totally understand if you don't. I think I remember KCL getting really burned out doing the verified insider thing. No demands; it's really nice of you to share with us what you already have.

"Ehrenburg Push" is new to me. In my day, Mormons were doing' the Provo Push, and Levi Lovin'. thing.

LOL! I got the Ehrenburg reference from the recording that JA made. NOW I get the rest of the joke! TY!

daisy, I totally hear and appreciate this logic.

The only reason why I even entertain the idea that JA was actually TA's girlfriend at some point (even if just for a few days or weeks) is 1) Travis himself called her his girlfriend 2) Travis himself brought it up, as opposed to him passively agreeing with JA referring to herself as his girlfriend 3) Travis not only called JA his girlfriend, but expressed frustration over another man trying to make a move on his significant other.

Trust me - I HATE conceding that JA might have been honest about ANYTHING. The girl is coo coo for cocoa puffs.
I don't know. For one thing, should it really be transcribed "girlfriend", or "girl friend"? And is it really true to say that Travis himself brought it up? To my mind, Arias leads the way with her description of Abe's (alleged) confusion at Travis' coolness - a heavy-handed fishing expedition, imo, for a flattering explanation of why that was. And (as daisydomino says) what's a boy to do but deliver said flattery?

And, while there may have been a time when Travis thought that they were - or might be - a couple, the lack of all the usual evidence of an "official" meaningful relationship - dates, gifts, flowers, etc. - suggests that if so, it was at most a flash in the pan. Way too brief for that accumulation of romantic paraphanalia. Arias of course is well aware of this glaring void, which is why she concocted the story that their relationship was a secret.

I could be wrong, but I thought JA met Abe at a PPL event late spring/summer 2006. Then they met and had lunch at a mall in Pasedena right before or soon after she met TA in Sept. 06. Then Abe and JA met for dinner, followed by their "magic" make-out session, in Palm Desert in Oct. or Nov. 06.

Sounds about right, now add Abe to the timeline here, you have to admit he called it when he told JA he didn't want to be a part of her drama.:

http://jodiariastrialtruth.blogspot.ca/2014/12/timeline-of-journal-and-messages.html

Does anybody have a count of how many times she was 'spun around' for various penetrations, or hits?

I don't know. For one thing, should it really be transcribed "girlfriend", or "girl friend"? And is it really true to say that Travis himself brought it up? To my mind, Arias leads the way with her description of Abe's (alleged) confusion at Travis' coolness - a heavy-handed fishing expedition, imo, for a flattering explanation of why that was. And (as daisydomino says) what's a boy to do but deliver said flattery?

And, while there may have been a time when Travis thought that they were - or might be - a couple, the lack of all the usual evidence of an "official" meaningful relationship - dates, gifts, flowers, etc. - suggests that if so, it was at most a flash in the pan. Way too brief for that accumulation of romantic paraphanalia. Arias of course is well aware of this glaring void, which is why she concocted the story that their relationship was a secret.

In the letter to the family she told about all the precious knick knacks she'd bought for all their trips and how Travis treasured them, (Travis's house didn't look like a clutter of knick knacks and things) but she really has nothing from Travis, and if she did she's be writing all about it. She never wrote about the t shirt and booty shorts, and how it made wonderful they made her feel. Well she did have that porcelain angel he gave for helping him put up the Christmas decorations.

"Ehrenburg Push" is new to me. In my day, Mormons were doing' the Provo Push, and Levi Lovin'. thing.

Sorry, I was just trying to be funny. I was trying to think of the Ehrenburg equivalent to the "Provo Push", and couldn't think of an "E" word that relate.

To combine the two is the only thing that seemed to make any sense and not lose anyone. Seems like that went over like a lead balloon.

Her Journals

Vol.2, p.59 - Nov.19, 2007 TA's grandma is ill.

Vol.2, p.63 - Nov.24, 2007
She had Thanksgiving with some family from the church, "then I went home and grabbed my computer and went to Travis' house. I got my ring and then stayed and watched the Secret." .... then, "I fell asleep there."

Vol.2 p.65 Nov.25, 2007
"Tomorrow marks 1 year for me as a church member."

This tells me that one, TA likely wasn't even home when she went and slept at his place and by "her" ring... who knows, perhaps the engagement ring is what she is referring to? Iirc, TA didn't realize it had gone missing until 2008.

I guess I don't see why it is even important/interesting what this chick did when she was 17. JMO. The reason JW asked if Deanna had "proof" of when she returned from her mission is to cause doubt in a juror that she actually MAY have been at the bishops house and been abused by TA like MM affilied to.

Yes, I agree about JW acting like Deanna was lying about where she really was. If defense does call her back (as KN threatened to do) I hope that she has those papers in hand.

RBBM

And we know, all too well, that Jodi manipulates men by painting herself as the perpetual victim of men. We have no clue what Jodi told Travis about Abe. She played head games with practically every guy in her life about every other guy in her life. It wouldn't surprise me at all if she'd painted a picture for Travis that had cast Abe as the villain and her as the demure damsel in distress. Ugh.

Just jumping off your post, I noticed at the beginning of that sex tape when she brought Abe's name up, the first thing she said to Travis was that he had told her "the other day" that he was responsible for Travis getting his ring. Travis was curious as to when and why she was talking to Abe. She hesitated for just a second before telling him a lie about how she connected with him on myspace, she tried to post something and she didn't even realize that he had unfriended her because she hadn't communicated with him for like 4 months so she sent him another friend request and he phoned her and said he unfriended her because didn't want to deal with the situation between her and Travis blah blah blah (in my best Jodi rambling run on interpretation). Didn't Abe say on the stand that they had no contact for some time before the murder? I can't remember. According to Jodi they spoke a couple of days before the sex tape. And for some reason he told her that he was the reason Travis had earned his PPL ring.

The manipulation and lies just never ended. She was egging him on to talk poorly about anyone at PPL she knew he might have an issue with to also have THAT to hold against him as well in the blackmail tape.

MOO

It wasn't until I learned through DB that she was getting deep into PPL and the Mormon religion months before she met Travis that the light bulb went off in my head that this meeting of TA was no mistake. He was an executive,motivation speaker on conference calls and at events she would have learned of Travis soon, stalked him out on myspace and purposefully bumped into the one event that she KNEW he'd be at. A broke waitress isn't going to risk going to Vegas unless there was a big potential windfall there in the husband lottery for her

I'll bet she had a dress, too, and didn't need to borrow Skye's. JA never stinted on such things. The whole "bumping in to Travis" thing was premeditated, IMO. How could she even afford that convention?

In the letter to the family she told about all the precious knick knacks she'd bought for all their trips and how Travis treasured them, (Travis's house didn't look like a clutter of knick knacks and things) but she really has nothing from Travis, and if she did she's be writing all about it. She never wrote about the t shirt and booty shorts, and how it made wonderful they made her feel. Well she did have that porcelain angel he gave for helping him put up the Christmas decorations.

Getting back to that ring business, this is what she claims in her last journal... I suppose TA being the kind of person he seems to have been may have bought her the ring, if only to remind her of the vow of chastity since it certainly seemed to be something he battled with.
JAring2a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members