Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/29 thru 2/2 - Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I believe the Abe/JA make-out session would have been after The Hughes' (TA/JA sex #1), Starbucks (TA/JA sex #2), Ehrenberg (TA/JA sex #3) and her being baptized (TA/JA sex #4).

That's a lot of magic.

Lol. Correct. He testified he was grabbing her panties shortly after Christmas 2006.
She was baptized Nov 26, 2006

OK WSers: I figured out how to search for posts when you ask me a question. Yay. Bad news, thread closed, can't respond...so...

I will return to the courtroom Monday, Groundhog Day...ironic since it seems Nurmi will be doing cross on Bishop Parker and it will feel like Groundhog Day for us with his inability to effectively impeach.

Getting to know some of the insiders slowly. I'm the new kid in town and I don't exactly blend (My Cousin Vinny reference). Day before yesterday JA turned and stared at me during a recess and I stared right back into those dead eyes until she turned away. If MDLR follows the forum, I wondered if they were trying to figure out who ziggy was. If they were curious, I'm sure it wasn't difficult to figure out.

One of the media reporters approached me - she was looking for JA supporters to interview so, no interview happened. She said JA supporters won't talk to her. She also said she is the only one in the media room who thinks the verdict will be death. Most of the trial watchers think death penalty will be handed down.

Spoke at length with the Tweeter, The 13th Juror, who authored a book on the Devault murder case for which he did jury duty. Interesting similarity in the cases. We compared jury duty stories, as I was jury foreman in a criminal trial last year in the courthouse where I knew most of the judges and my law school friends clerked in the DA's office and the Public Defenders Office. Beats me how I remained on the jury, but it was not fun and another woman and I hung the jury; the 2 of us guilty, the other 10 found reasonable doubt based on the desperate "the photo ID procedure used to gain the witnesses' ID of the defendant was flawed and subliminally made them choose him" argument. It worked because all of our eyewitnesses had been drinking and all gave widely varying descriptions of the perp. But I digress...

He has been studying the JA jurors and told me that the seasoned citizen male is the loner juror aka one who could hang a jury. Apparently he carries a CD Walkman (yes, you read that correctly) and puts his earbuds in during breaks and does not engage in conversations with the others. I have observed he does take notes often.

We agreed the Bishop looks like the perfect witness - above reproach - a friendly looking, soft- spoken older gent, who seems a bit nervous but appears to want to answer truthfully, even though this process pains him.

Jen from Trial Diaries is sweet. Need to find out who Wild is because the commentaries crack me up. Beth K has her computer on her lap with the power cord attached to an extension cord, lol. She is a one row media mogul.

Have a a great weekend and let's hope the Seahawks and their fans take their cold, stupid rain back To Seattle with them!!!

Thanks, Ziggy.

:yourock:

You probably don't get to hear what's said in the endless sidebars, what with the white noise and all, but we're dying to hear it if you do, please!

FYI ~ BK put up Travis' writings, and it's not the same ones blended in JA's journals.

I wanted it not to be true because it would really invalidate they're whole "cheating player T-Dogg" persona they've created for Travis. But you're right; JA has been telling the truth about somethings: them being "official" and him cheating on her at some point. I think he might have liked her a lot before her true self started coming out.

LOL at coo coo for cocoa puffs.

Where are you getting they were "official," whatever the heck that means? Or that he "cheated" on her?

I believe Abe.

She had a very consistent MO of using other folks to manipulate Travis, even when she had to invent them.

The Abe thing got me thinking again about Matt. She writes in her journal in 2007 that she's in touch with him, and that she's talking to him about Travis and feeling suicidal.

Then I think about her visiting him on the way to kill Travis , and calling him en route to Utah. And afterwards, that he was willing to lie, forge letters, and commit perjury for her. What's up with that?

A wild guess is that she did tell Matt that Travis was abusing her...in order to manipulate Matt. Maybe she even told Matt what she was going to do. If she did, would he have believed her? And if she told him ahead of time then called him afterwards, maybe he was willing to help her because he believed everything she told him about Travis and thought he deserved to die?

Is that toooooo far out there?

No, I don't think it is.

Many of us speculated similarly during the guilt phase.

Because she was on her murder mission, I think many of us suspect[ed] just about everyone with whom she met or spoke with between Yreka and Redman, CA and St. Lake City, UT -- and everywhere in between, of course.

We know there was grinding at Ehrenburg, but no confirmation of any of the other three and a half, IIRC.

Only her worthless word for it; e.g., being "spun around", 'Lewinskys' in the car, drive-by Toblerones, etc.

A lot of magic?

Or maybe just strange magic?
Oh, I know nothing really happened between TA & JA at the Hughes', at Starbucks or after she was Baptized.

That they only did the "Ehrenburg Push" with clothes on tells me that was their first real intimate contact with each other. I'm sure they just played kissy face with each other all the other times. Maybe that's when she got spun around all the dang time.

RBBM

And we know, all too well, that Jodi manipulates men by painting herself as the perpetual victim of men. We have no clue what Jodi told Travis about Abe. She played head games with practically every guy in her life about every other guy in her life. It wouldn't surprise me at all if she'd painted a picture for Travis that had cast Abe as the villain and her as the demure damsel in distress. Ugh.

Especially when what's she set up in the letter is...please don't touch me again, Abe. Kinda obvious where she'd go next with that one...

No, I don't think it is.

Many of us speculated similarly during the guilt phase.

Because she was on her murder mission, I think many of us suspect[ed] just about everyone with whom she met or spoke with between Yreka and Redman, CA and St. Lake City, UT -- and everywhere in between, of course.

Yah. I was here. Didn't believe it then, but wonder now.

ETA...I hope that's what really happened. It would be perfect if he could have honestly testified that she'd told him Travis abused her, but couldn't because she involved him in lying about the pedophilia. :D

Really interesting, thanks! I'd be really interested to hear YOUR impressions of Walkman juror. How many more days will you be going to court?

Just because Walkman isolates himself in public doesn't mean he's like that in the jury room. Nor does it mean that he'll arrive at a different conclusion than the others or hold out.....

From what you've tweeted so far, I'd trust your take over Sanders. :). And that the media folk think not DP? Pffft.

Was this the man who was writing the hash marks on paper during CMJA interview the Det. Flores of how many times CMJA lied?

OK WSers: I figured out how to search for posts when you ask me a question. Yay. Bad news, thread closed, can't respond...so...

I will return to the courtroom Monday, Groundhog Day...ironic since it seems Nurmi will be doing cross on Bishop Parker and it will feel like Groundhog Day for us with his inability to effectively impeach.

Getting to know some of the insiders slowly. I'm the new kid in town and I don't exactly blend (My Cousin Vinny reference). Day before yesterday JA turned and stared at me during a recess and I stared right back into those dead eyes until she turned away. If MDLR follows the forum, I wondered if they were trying to figure out who ziggy was. If they were curious, I'm sure it wasn't difficult to figure out.

One of the media reporters approached me - she was looking for JA supporters to interview so, no interview happened. She said JA supporters won't talk to her. She also said she is the only one in the media room who thinks the verdict will be death. Most of the trial watchers think death penalty will be handed down.

Spoke at length with the Tweeter, The 13th Juror, who authored a book on the Devault murder case for which he did jury duty. Interesting similarity in the cases. We compared jury duty stories, as I was jury foreman in a criminal trial last year in the courthouse where I knew most of the judges and my law school friends clerked in the DA's office and the Public Defenders Office. Beats me how I remained on the jury, but it was not fun and another woman and I hung the jury; the 2 of us guilty, the other 10 found reasonable doubt based on the desperate "the photo ID procedure used to gain the witnesses' ID of the defendant was flawed and subliminally made them choose him" argument. It worked because all of our eyewitnesses had been drinking and all gave widely varying descriptions of the perp. But I digress...

He has been studying the JA jurors and told me that the seasoned citizen male is the loner juror aka one who could hang a jury. Apparently he carries a CD Walkman (yes, you read that correctly) and puts his earbuds in during breaks and does not engage in conversations with the others. I have observed he does take notes often.

We agreed the Bishop looks like the perfect witness - above reproach - a friendly looking, soft- spoken older gent, who seems a bit nervous but appears to want to answer truthfully, even though this process pains him.

Jen from Trial Diaries is sweet. Need to find out who Wild is because the commentaries crack me up. Beth K has her computer on her lap with the power cord attached to an extension cord, lol. She is a one row media mogul.

Have a a great weekend and let's hope the Seahawks and their fans take their cold, stupid rain back To Seattle with them!!!

BBM - Yikes, possibly another WZ with a direct line to MK's feed(do his articles hit the airwaves?)?! :gaah:

Where are you getting they were "official," whatever the heck that means? Or that he "cheated" on her?

I believe Abe.

I agree, official most often means an engagement ring, "going steady" is often a precursor to that but is something that is openly admitted to everyone around, but dating... well dating is just dating and in most cultures unless there is some kind of "token"(be it a ring, a pin, or wearing your bf's letter sweater kind of thing) that points to "going steady", usually means that you are free to date others, even if you're "sleeping" with all of them. It's strictly up to the parties involved as to what situation they are willing to adhere to, if you don't like it then you don't "date" the other person, easy peasy!

OT: MarVA, you're from DC, too? I have looked at your name and thought it might mean, Maryland & Virginia, maybe just asking for the DC to be inserted!

ATL, I've had a very difficult time with WS all day today getting it to load and posting, extremely slow. I was only able to post one thing and thank posts. Avatars were missing including on beginnings of threads. Maybe JA supporters are spamming us???

Was it, "You kissed my girlfriend." or "You kissed my girlfriend?" The latter would suggest JA was not his girlfriend: "You kissed my girlfriend?" [because you're not] And recall this whole thing about Abe was one big manipulation. I don't know that TA was refuting a whole lot of anything in that tape.

I think Travis did indeed say "You kissed my girlfriend?" However, IMO, the context of his words indicates that he was still calling her his gf.

To give context, TA said: "He's a ghost to me because what am I supposed to say? Hey you kissed my girlfriend? Wanna talk about that?" IMO, when TA says "Hey you kissed my girlfriend?", he is answering his own question of "what am I supposed to say?" incredulously - as in "You dare kiss my girlfriend and you expect me to treat you as anything other than a ghost?!"

Also, these words are immediately followed by JA saying "That was before I was your girlfriend" - meaning she understood TA's words to mean that TA thought Abe tried to kiss JA while JA was TA's girlfriend - and TA's response to her seems to support this interpretation. And he does not refute it.

Again, only my opinion though! :)

I would actually prefer if I had your point of view instead of mine - I don't like thinking JA was ever TA's girlfriend.

ETA - I'm not certain TA said "Wanna talk about that?" bc the "wanna" part is hard to understand. He could have said a different word than "wanna." But by his tone, whatever he said were words to that effect. IMO.

I believe they are responsible for filing the notice of appeal (although if she gets the DP it will be automatic). Then they are relieved from responsibility. She will be appointed appellate counsel who will stay on unless and until she hires a private lawyer.

At this time, I believe the state pays only for the first direct appeal. The feds used to pay for post-conviction counsel, but I think that stopped in the 90s sometime.

If she is sued for wrongful death, she will not get an appointed lawyer.

Oh boy!! Then she can play attorney again!!

Oh, I know nothing really happened between TA & JA at the Hughes', at Starbucks or after she was Baptized.

That they only did the "Ehrenburg Push" with clothes on tells me that was their first real intimate contact with each other. I'm sure they just played kissy face with each other all the other times. Maybe that's when she got spun around all the dang time.

"Ehrenburg Push" is new to me. In my day, Mormons were doing' the Provo Push, and Levi Lovin'. thing.

OT: MarVA, you're from DC, too? I have looked at your name and thought it might mean, Maryland & Virginia, maybe just asking for the DC to be inserted!

:giggle: I thought maybe your name came from a Seinfeld episode. Do tell....

ETA..... ooops, can't be that. Seinfeld said "Mulva"... :laughing:

Interesting! Okay, so she may have been girlfriend for a few days, weeks or months. Travis himself says it on the phone so I can't ignore or deny it. One thing we do know is that Travis very quickly realized that she was not girlfriend material.

My take on it after listening to the first part of the video again, is that TA refers to AA having allegedly hit on JA during that whole Clancy T affair(is that when JA started her and AA's "relationship", or was it during the time she was seeing both AA and TA?), just trying to find the date of it... as for calling her his gf... what else would he call her in the middle of a sex-tape, anything else would surely be counter productive?

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/03/20/friend-travis-alexander-clancy-talbot-prosecution-witness-list

"Clancy Talbot recounted how Arias cornered her in the bathroom at a Pre-Paid legal convention to make it clear to Talbot that Travis “is basically hers.” Talbot told Grace how Arias blocked the door, “because she wasn’t going to let me leave until she was done saying what she was saying.” Talbot reflected, “now looking back on it, it’s just scary.”

Talbot went on to tell Grace of another incident where Arias’ possessiveness was on display. According to Talbot, Arias showed up to Alexander’s home uninvited and declared to a group of thirty people, including her, that she was Alexander’s girlfriend. Talbot revealed that Travis told the group, “no, she is not my girlfriend; we went on a couple of dates.” She went on to explain how Travis told Arias there was no room for her to stay at his home and “she ended up sleeping under his Christmas tree.”
"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member