Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/29 thru 2/2 - Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. Here is my completely random thought for the day. I hope it doesn't sound too out there like some of the ideas posted on the JA support page.

We had Neumeister say that he, "Tony", and Computer Guy #3 looked at Travis' hard drive and founds tons of *advertiser censored*. Neumeister refused to name Computer Guy #3 in court and would only write his name down on a piece of paper to hand to Juan. If I recall correctly, we figured out that Sue D. Nihm was neither Tony nor Computer Guy #3.

We know that Secret Witness #1 (coughMarcMcGeecough) worked in computers.

Does anyone think that perhaps Computer Guy #3 is really Marc McGee? :escape:

I think if that were the case, JW would have sprained something by getting up so fast to object to VP mentioning that W1 worked on computers.

I took it different from others. I took it as Jodi *thinks* she is winning as she is doing all the things she said she would do...destroy/delay/cause havoc as the socio/phycho wanted. Her motives are not winning the *end*...but leaving a trail of control and destruction along the way...just as she had promised.

:moo:

ETA: I see that paintr said pretty much the same 4 posts above me.

I agree the killer is winning the battle as she sees it: She is delaying the process which delays the healing process for the victim's loved ones. She is able to collect funds through her followers' solicitations/donations on her behalf. She gets to smear Travis each and every day court is in session and even on non-court days via her followers' social media.

As far as the statement "she is still alive" goes, that one is just plain weird. She would still be alive even if this trial was over a long time ago.

I am grateful for one thing still: The killer did not win where it was most important--the verdict in the guilt phase. She firmly believed she would get an acquittal or at most conviction on a lesser charge. I do not think she was expecting guilty as charged at all. That was the most awesome day!

Please do not get into a discussion regarding religions. Keep to what is being discussed during court and on topic. Do not get into side discussions regarding other religions.

I think everyone is tired, exhausted from this circus and reading way too much into the religion and juror questions as a whole. It could be as simple as testing Deanna to see if she's truthful and knows the rules as far as chastity(remember, JA played stupid like the rules weren't laid out), it could be a Mormon jury wanting the knowledge told to other jurors, it could be someone like me (no knowledge) wanting more clarification. The fact is, we don't know. We can beat the dead horse, worry, spread fear or we can just wait until it's all done and take comfort in knowing that no matter what, she's locked up forever.
EXACTLY. Well said.

Don't shoot! :hiding:

Winning was probably a poor word choice, but I think I see what ML was trying to say. Although she is not my favourite reporter, she does have a point. If you compare Arias promises/threats/legal points listed in her request for a plea deal to ML's list of the things that have happened during this trial, I guess one could say that Arias has accomplished some things despite being in jail. Wouldn't call it winning though.

ETA And this headline DID get ML's report talked about.

I do not believe that monster is winning because she was convicted of first degree murder and eligible for the death penalty. That's not winning. It may have taken over six years to get there but she is there. And the surprised look on that monsters face upon hearing the verdict was worth the wait. She did not believe she would be convicted. She had lied and dragged this trial out longer than most would have believed and the corrupt judge allowed too much in and kept too much out, she thought she had those male jurors in her pocket and she did have the foreman to a certain degree but even he knew he couldn't let that monster go without major punishment. But this retrial is a JOKE to the AZ taxpayers. This sets a BAD precedent for further criminal defendants charged with murder. Is AZ going to fund muli million dollar defenses for all their murderers. I don't think they can afford to do that. Plus the lengths this judge has went to is beyond dangerous. I personally don't believe in the DP because I believe it is not applied fairly but in this case I say KILL her. I don't care what Jeff Gold says. This is a death penalty case if I ever saw one. PREMEDITATED AND FELON MURDER AND CRUEL BEYOND BELIEF. AZ better wake up. And anyone that says Sheriff Joe is a harda$$ better think again. He has also bent over backwards for this defendant. Arias is hated by more people than Casey A was. And LWOP for this woman will kill her. She needs to be out and manipulating people sexting on her phone and duping men. She will be locked away without any of the nice things in life forever. Her future is not good. But she is deluding herself into believing she will get off scott free.

Please do not get into a discussion regarding religions. Keep to what is being discussed during court and on topic. Do not get into side discussions regarding other religions.
And I would add "non-religions" in there, too.

Scads of the scantily clad...

And, staying on topic, what Gus Searcy said about JA's apparel and accoutrements:

"She was always dressed very feminine but very conservative."

He also described her dress as "classy... appropriate... professional".

Now, I'll be the last guy ever accused of possessing ladies' fashion expertise, but c'mon, Gus!

View attachment 68397

View attachment 68399
View attachment 68400
View attachment 68401

Other words like provocative and revealing seem more apt descriptors.

Except for that stupid t-shirt she made after she killed TA, of course.

I'm currently reading JVM's book on this case. When CMJA got to Utah, after butchering Travis, one of the first things Ryan Burns and others noticed was JA's attire. They said she had always dressed provocatively. But that day, she arrived with long sleeves on even though it was a sweltering hot day. CMJA also arrived with bandaids on multiple fingers--both hands. When asked about it, CMJA replied that she was a bartender and cut herself. It seemed odd that she could have cut herself that many times. Of course, nobody knew at that point that Travis was dead.

I think everyone is tired, exhausted from this circus and reading way too much into the religion and juror questions as a whole. It could be as simple as testing Deanna to see if she's truthful and knows the rules as far as chastity(remember, JA played stupid like the rules weren't laid out), it could be a Mormon jury wanting the knowledge told to other jurors, it could be someone like me (no knowledge) wanting more clarification. The fact is, we don't know. We can beat the dead horse, worry, spread fear or we can just wait until it's all done and take comfort in knowing that no matter what, she's locked up forever.

Or it could be a juror who is buying into some of this Travis was a player and manipulator and is asking questions to support that theory when they deliberate. Doesn't appear that they're getting much support for the theory by anyone other than what JA told people and some out of context IM's and text exchanges. If this is the case, hopefully it's not a stealth anti death penalty person who also makes the final cut but rather a person who is also open to deliberate the possibility that JA made everything up, the "experts" who supported this theory are paid shills and that TA was more of an outgoing, flirtatious, self mocking, funny and nice guy who was having trouble finding a life partner and was getting nervous about ever finding one due to his advancing age. Which is pretty much the way his friends describe him. Too bad they can't all be brought in to tell the jury about their friend. I've yet to see an interview with any of them that hasn't reduced me to tears. :(

MOO

If CMJA dressed very conservative per Gus, i must be buying my own clothes at Strippers -R- us.

Does anyone know when he lost his TR in AZ?

Does it coincide with Jodi to moving back to Yreka?

The throwing of Nurmi under the bus (again) begins.

MDLR and JA want you to believe that JA did NOT write codes into those magazines. No sirree, wasn't her.

Asked why didn't the DT refute this lie manufactured by JM, the response is.....well it wasn't Jennifer's fault, because she wasn't there when it first came up. Victoria Washington was. And Nurmi was the boss.

Nurmi is to blame for allowing JM to lie about JA trying to sneak coded magazines out.

I'm sure after she's sentenced to the DP the masses we'll be told all the many ways Nurmi betrayed her and made her get the DP. That they're already turning on him says just maybe its sinking in to her that the DP is just weeks away. :)

Just read yesterday's BK notes for the first time. Fwiw, lots of posters over there don't believe she'll get the DP.

Question... does anyone know whether or not Travis lost his Temple Recommend in 2008? JW was trying mightily to get DR to answer that question, but DR said she didn't know.

BK's notes have DR saying that loss of a TR lasts for one year, and that during that one year marriage is impossible. Not allowed. Given how concerned Travis was about getting married, the loss of a TR until 2009 would have been a very big deal for him.

If he hadn't already lost the TR, JA would have known how vulnerable he was to having their sexual activity exposed.

Wow--that makes a lot of sense! CMJA probably threatened to expose him to the Bishop and that is what caused Travis' heated response to her.

I'm currently reading JVM's book on this case. When CMJA got to Utah, after butchering Travis, one of the first things Ryan Burns and others noticed was JA's attire. They said she had always dressed provocatively. But that day, she arrived with long sleeves on even though it was a sweltering hot day. CMJA also arrived with bandaids on multiple fingers--both hands. When asked about it, CMJA replied that she was a bartender and cut herself. It seemed odd that she could have cut herself that many times. Of course, nobody knew at that point that Travis was dead.

Not to mention, wasn't she out of work at that time? :thinking:

MOO

Is she *advertiser censored*-eyed? Cross-eyed? Astigmatism?

She's just ugly. Only reason she loved photography was so she had a reason to be photographed as she fancied herself a model. jmo

....go Hawks!! But, like NE, too!!

Keep checking for the status of anything new filed--that can change at any time.

Regarding that motion, wouldn't it effectively be canceled based on the fact that the DT own witness also said the name out loud in court? I mean, it should be dismissed anyway, but doesn't that fact make the motion baseless?

Juan can prove this lying witness committed perjury and he was not afraid of testifying in open court because he was all over the Internet bashing Travis and lying. Numnuts can do nothing his motion is baseless, he should be charged with knowingly putting that statement in evidence when he knew it was a lie
:shame:

:seeya: Hi MeeBee,

I read this last night and my first thought was WTH ?

Is Monica serious -- or -- joking ?

I have read some seriously biased tweets coming from Monica Lindstrom - especially when compared with someone else's tweets describing the same testimony. After the killer was convicted, Lindstrom wrote an article about her feeeeeeeelings after being convicted. Of course, I cannot find it now. I always read her tweets with a side-eye.

Maybe it's my bias against anyone having a single positive angle about The murderer. Can anyone on this planet or in that courtroom come up with ONE SINGLE redeeming quality about the murdere? ONE? BUELLER???

Not a single UNPAID soul stood up in order to try to spare her life to say "Hey, she's a great gal". Yet numerous people have stood up to defend a man who has been long gone from this world, in which their words will never bring him back. Even people he didn't like (Abe) are standing up for justice. Very, very telling.

I think it is difficult to know exactly why jurors ask certain questions. Sometimes a question might make one think the juror is on one side over the other but there is no way to know for certain. Many times a juror already knows the answer to the question they are asking but they ask it anyway just to clarify or maybe even to get something on the record so it can be used in deliberations.

I was not alarmed by any of the juror questions of the bishop after direct. Hopefully I can say the same about what they ask after cross.

I have read some seriously biased tweets coming from Monica Lindstrom - especially when compared with someone else's tweets describing the same testimony. After the killer was convicted, Lindstrom wrote an article about her feeeeeeeelings after being convicted. Of course, I cannot find it now. I always read her tweets with a side-eye.

Maybe it's my bias against anyone having a single positive angle about The murderer. Can anyone on this planet or in that courtroom come up with ONE SINGLE redeeming quality about the murdere? ONE? BUELLER???

Not a single UNPAID soul stood up in order to try to spare her life to say "Hey, she's a great gal". Yet numerous people have stood up to defend a man who has been long gone from this world, in which their words will never bring him back. Even people he didn't like (Abe) are standing up for justice. Very, very telling.

Yep...where are all these people now?

https://myspace.com/jodiarias/mixes/classic-friends-471959

We both know that there plenty of rigid & judgemental folks out there, religious and otherwise, who don't focus so very much on the forgiving and redemption part of the program.

So worse case, one juror is that AND a Mormon. If so, she/he is likely not to like Travis very much. From that POV, he not only violated his vows but is responsible for dragging the Church and many members through the mud, including an elder Bishop, forced to testify about child *advertiser censored* in public. Baaaaaaad.

On the other hand if there is such a juror, she/he is going to be hard pressed to rationalize any of JA's behavior. And I should think that an exceptionally judgemental juror would be especially offended by JA's lack of remorse.

So....not worried.

I would think a Mormon juror would take offense at the way it seems the defense is trying to drag the LDS through the mud.

I think BK has said that Nurmi is doing a good job....so, I guess a lot of her followers agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli