Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/29 thru 2/2 - Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
. If you listen to the sex tape they speak of pics just like some of those on Travis's new camera. He also describes wanting graphic pics of him "putting it in, your reaction, the angle". Not too much of a stretch that those could be the two not allowed to be shown. You can also tell from the close up

Maybe they were playing nude backgammon and using the KY to lubricate the board.
There were two not shown. If Juan says they had sex I trust him

I am just wondering if this David Allen is maybe a cousin of CMJA, some on other sites seem to think he is an admirer of the butcheress though. I just read poor old Grandpa Allen's legacy (obituary), he was a veteran and very hard worker it appears. She should be so ashamed at what she not only put Travis' Grandma through, but her own Grandparents. Evil, pure Evil.

I know it went through the brain but based on the location of the entry and exit points, it probably didn't hit too much of it. It also went through the frontal lobe, which is an area of the brain that you can sustain damage to and still come out ok, unlike if it hits another more essential part of the brain. And, like I said, low calibre, old gun may not have done as much damage as a higher calibre. For it to just lodge in his cheek like that, that was a pretty weak gun.

And IMO, Travis was immediately incapitated, like Dr. Horn said, which is why he was barely able to fight for his life.

As you know :) because of decomp, Dr. Horn couldn't say exactly the path it took, but it certainly traveled from right to left - a factor that significantly decreases survival rates as compared to bullets passing from front to back, or vice versa. Also, low-velocity bullets can sometimes cause greater damage because of "wobble" - their lack of power can cause them to bounce around in the cranial cavity, rather than pass clean through. Caliber is not as important as where the bullet goes - the resulting cavity will in any event be many times larger than the bullet itself, and shock waves will nonetheless be immense. Overall, very few come out ok: while some small-scale trails have achieved improved survival rates, for the public at large it remains the case that 90% of all gunshot wounds to the head are fatal - a statistic that applies across the board, whatever the gun/caliber/velocity.

But so far as this case is concerned, the main point is that (as you say) Travis would have been immediately incapacitated. :)

It's a little late to dig up more in-depth supporting links (should have called it a day ages ago) but in the meantime, here's a couple of quick grabs:
http://www.columbianeurosurgery.org/conditions/cranial-gunshot-wounds/
http://neurosurgery.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=134

Holy, can always tell when we are bored on no court days. LOL.

The trial minutes have been released for the class action Omnibus case, where JA and others are trying to get DP taken away. The case is now delayed until April. Beth Karas says that means if JA is sentenced to death before then, she will no longer be able to take part in this class action. So you can bet that once Nurmi and company get the case back to do their rebuttal, it will be delay after delay again.

The on.y good part is that jurors will once again see how fast court goes when Juan has control and how slow it goes when the defense has control.

I still believe gunshot was first. Occam's Razor.

There is also a damaged bathroom tile that to me, looks like a bullet ricocheted, which could of caused the bullet casing on top of the blood.

This is what I can picture what happened, and why else would she steal the gun?
I know this is a late reply, I got behind on my reading, but this is what I think happened too. I think she tried to shoot him first, the gun locked and he knocked it out of her hand and possibly knocked her down in the process. I believe that is why her story, with the ninjas, always started with the gun locked and she was knocked to the ground. Even her testimony started with gun and body slam. I think after being on the ground she got the knife, probably stashed away on her, and started stabbing and slashed his throat. Then when she got him back to shower, she was still so mad that she didn't get it all done in the shower, with less mess, she shot him. She had to have all the control and he wasn't going to change her plan, which was to shoot him.

Holy, can always tell when we are bored on no court days. LOL.

The trial minutes have been released for the class action Omnibus case, where JA and others are trying to get DP taken away. The case is now delayed until April. Beth Karas says that means if JA is sentenced to death before then, she will no longer be able to take part in this class action. So you can bet that once Nurmi and company get the case back to do their rebuttal, it will be delay after delay again.

The on.y good part is that jurors will once again see how fast court goes when Juan has control and how slow it goes when the defense has control.

The defense rested...Juan has called Deanna and the Bishop and plans to call DeMarte and maybe some of Travis's friends...

What's the next step? Does defense get a rebuttal? Or after Juan rests do we go to allocution and Closings?

I am just wondering if this David Allen is maybe a cousin of CMJA, some on other sites seem to think he is an admirer of the butcheress though. I just read poor old Grandpa Allen's legacy (obituary), he was a veteran and very hard worker it appears. She should be so ashamed at what she not only put Travis' Grandma through, but her own Grandparents. Evil, pure Evil.
Sounds to me like David Allen is somehow related to JA.

But the pic looks old, so I guess the post was made yesterday with an old pic intended to bolster morale over on the dark side?

Or maybe it's simply a RE-post from several years ago, and was meant to look like it was from yesterday intended to bolster morale over on the dark side?

One Adam 12, One Adam 12... see the man... David Allen...

Then when she got him back to shower, she was still so mad that she didn't get it all done in the shower, with less mess, she shot him.
Which direction would the shell casing have ejected? Would the shell casing have ejected behind her to land in a pool of drying blood, or could she have picked it up from elsewhere in the bathroom and had accidentally dropped it where it was found? I'm still open to any and all "when and where" theories re: the gun shot.

Just for comparison... she looks chipper in the pic on the left. The pic on the right? Not so much.

So do these two pics of JA look like they were taken days apart or years apart?

jodi.before.after_zpsqhhdnyuc.jpg

I believe Martinez:

The photos recovered were time stamped.

"Not only was he very much alive. He was involved in these photographs with a woman. And yes, they were both sinning, because they were going at it. They were nude and yes they were engaged in sexual relations in these photographs," said Martinez.

They were time stamped by EnCase, not the camera, and EnCase drew that info from the memory card as the pictures had been deleted, overwritten and only the thumbnails were recoverable from the unallocated space of the memory card.

And let's not forget that there was user-initiated Spybot activity on Travis' laptop at the very same time one of the nudes was time stamped. I think there's good reason to question when those nudes were actually taken.

Encase recovered the time stamps iirc from testimony. They also use a number of other investigative techniques to verify the data is correct. They will run a check on the camera if it's available to take photos delete and run through encase to verify the internal set time is right. They make sure chronologically the pictures and sequence match up to time stamps like is it light outside? Obviously if time stamp says 3am but it's bright and sunny.. There's a problem.

There were 90 recovered photos from the camera that the sequence of exif data matched (sequensequencing) she couldn't have thrown in 60 photos of previously taken photos In the middle of the other 60.

I have no reason to doubt those photos are authentic.
Also each Camera has their own exif data in the metatag string that it's unique to their maker. Itd be painfully obvious at the data set where some are taken by Canon while others were with the Sony

Plus..for what motive would cmja place herself at the scene of the crime when we all agree part of the premeditation was took great pain in making herself nowhere in arizona. Why would she set herself up beforehand by planting nude sexually explicit photos of Travis and herself the day he died and THEN go back to delete them off his Camera after putting them There? If anybody can provide a meaningful explanation to that I'm all ears

And I am in Santa Cruz; right in between Monterey/Big Sur (Darryl, Matt, Ventana) and San Francisco.

QUOTE=Niner;11452167]You got that right katydid! I used to live in Novato (where Bobby (or was it Matt) & Jodi went to New Age thingy)... anyway - anytime up that way I always go across the bridge!![/QUOTE]

My take,
Travis let her in. She told him all is good (ie not going to use the sex tape) I'll give the tape to you. Lets have sex one last time (for old times sakes) Travis fell for it (sadly). When he was in the shower during the picture taking she caught him by surprise with the knife, and in rage she stabbed him, thinking that he would just die in the shower. He fought back, which sent her into a panic, thus the overkill.

I am so curious to see what the DT has to say to the good Bishop tomorrow morning.

Even if she were bipolar—which Demarte argues against and is not on the list of mitigators filed by the defense, IIRC— an adult would be expected to make a good faith effort to address it. JA had been told she had problems: no treatment. Instead, she BS's about how she wanted TA to get psych treatment for pedophilia and even brought hime an instructive pamphlet from the mall. As if she's a psychologist know-it-all!

Nurmi said two doctors would testify to BPD. Geffner went off about bi polar based on people who knew her.

If I were on the jury I'd cross off BPD as a mitigator just because he didn't present it.

Using my phone so forgive me if my typing is scrambled :)

I am so curious to see what the DT has to say to the good Bishop tomorrow morning.
So am I. I sure that KN and JW will say that the bishop (as for as the *advertiser censored*) will deny that because of the consequences for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem