Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 11/17-11/18/14 In recess

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
GRACE: If anything, what alienates me is seeing crime scene photos of an innocent person with their throat slashed.

Joining me right now is Dorian Bond, a special guest joining us tonight. This is Jodi Arias`s private investigator, president of Bond

Investigations, Inc. Dorian, thank you for being with us.

DORIAN BOND, PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR: Thank you.

GRACE: Dorian, we just saw a shot of Jodi Arias in court. And her sex life, the wild afternoon of sex just before she slashes his throat, is

coming into evidence. It`s already started. Does that match? Does that sync or jibe with Arias`s demeanor as you have come to know her behind

bars?

BOND: No, it doesn`t. A lot of things that happen in court -- when I see her privately in the jails, she`s focused on what her defense strategy is

going to be, and also looking forward to her appeal. As you know, she`s very unhappy with her first chair attorney, Kirk. And I question some of

the things that he does on defending her. But like I said, she`s concentrating on moving forward and going to the appeal process.

GRACE: Well, I don`t understand what it is about Kirk Nurmi, or Jennifer Wilmont (ph), for that matter. What is it about them she doesn`t like?

They managed to get a jury to hang on the death penalty sentence the last time around.

BOND: You`re right. She has to have a good relationship with the first chair attorney. He runs the defense team, so he is in charge of the

defense team. She had a better relationship with Jennifer Wilmont, and that`s why she wanted Jennifer to be the first chair. And she felt like

she wasn`t getting the attention and also getting support from Kirk to investigate the issues that she wanted investigated.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1410/21/ng.02.html

NANCY GRACE

Jodi Arias Death Penalty Retrial Opens

Aired October 21, 2014 - 20:00 ET

I would never hire this guy! He is supposed to be a PRIVATE investigator. I don't care who his client is, he should not be divulging anything about his clients. MOO

I had a terrible thought about the "emergency recess", it is just odd and I cannot find a "leak of information" that may explain it. So my terrible thought is this, Travis's family has had enough, forget going for the death sentence, stop the trial and on Thursday just go for sentencing. They want done with it and so does Juan. Just thinking out loud.
I read on BK site, that Samantha walked out of the courtroom when the nude picture of JA with pigtails on TAs bed was put up. How sad.

It certainly does! Going back to the previous motion of Nurmi's, the very fact that the *advertiser censored* sites were accessed on June 10th should have raised a red flag, to both their expert and themselves, that they might be looking at a virus. Nope! Let's just run with it and attack JM and Flores.

Then, in the latest motion, we had a downright vicious attack on Flores, insinuating that he had deleted other evidence (text, emails, you name it). Totally without foundation.

They do look dishonest, inept, and vindictive. They are responsible for what they put in their motions; they are responsible for protecting evidence in their possession; and they are responsible for any errors that their experts make. I am continually disgusted by them, their mitigation expert, and their client.
End of vent. LOL

Right which is why for me personally I automatically assume that the DT may be up to something rather than an honest mistake.

We give people the benefit of the doubt when there is no reason to suspect them of anything else. With the way the DT has made false allegations against Travis and they already know it is not true (mass email), and many other examples of things like you mentioned, it leaves me thinking the DT could be doing something nefarious with the computer while they had it. Or providing the wrong hard drive on purpose just to delay trial more. If its an honest mistake, I will actually be surprised.

Nurmi will likely just claim it was accidental mistake and nobody will ever know if it was done on purpose.

But it would be interesting if a real reason surfaces and we find out things were done on purpose that were not ethical. Nurmi needs stopped if unethical things are done on purpose because the next thing he does could even be worse and have much more dire consequences.

I read on BK site, that Samantha walked out of the courtroom when the nude picture of JA with pigtails on TAs bed was put up. How sad.

I know, even though it was predictable that Arias Camp would again go into this horrible direction and bring up all the same lies and degrading "stuff" to make Travis out as a sex crazed abusive creature all over again it still hurts. It may even hurt more because it is like pouring salt on the wounds from the previous trial that probably have not yet healed, and maybe never will . That's why I got thinking, maybe she -"they"- just wore them down and they said "enough, we're done, cannot do this again." This "emergency recess" has me really stumped.

In my nicest of all MOD's voice: We do not know who Tony is and until we find out, if we ever find out, we will not "sleuth" him. K?

I would never hire this guy! He is supposed to be a PRIVATE investigator. I don't care who his client is, he should not be divulging anything about his clients. MOO

Absolutely, unless she gave him permission. But because she is on trial, he should be keeping his mouth shut.

I know, even though it was predictable that Arias Camp would again go into this horrible direction and bring up all the same lies and degrading "stuff" to make Travis out as a sex crazed abusive creature all over again it still hurts. It may even hurt more because it is like pouring salt on the wounds from the previous trial that probably have not yet healed, and maybe never will . That's why I got thinking, maybe she -"they"- just wore them down and they said "enough, we're done, cannot do this again." This "emergency recess" has me really stumped.

It would be so understandable if they finally had enough and want to give up pursuing the DP. Even as a remote spectator, it is very difficult to handle this trial. I cant even imagine what it would be like to be there and be one of the family. I feel terrible for them.

I also agree that it seems worse this 2nd time around. I think it has something to do with being able to spot all the sneaky false allegations from the DT. They seem easy to spot now where during the first trial, I think a few of them slid by without realizing what the DT was doing.

I have no idea what she was intending to say here.....SHM.

Aunt Sue and CMJA's mom were in court yesterday. I don't think the emergency has anything to do with Bill, because Aunt Sue posted a FB comment "Courts out until Thursday shitt ******". One would think if her BIL was seriously ill, she would not have made this kind of a comment or still be in Arizona.

It would be so understandable if they finally had enough and want to give up pursuing the DP. Even as a remote spectator, it is very difficult to handle this trial. I cant even imagine what it would be like to be there and be one of the family. I feel terrible for them.

I also agree that it seems worse this 2nd time around. I think it has something to do with being able to spot all the sneaky false allegations from the DT. They seem easy to spot now where during the first trial, I think a few of them slid by without realizing what the DT was doing.

Well said, I agree.

I think it seems worse because we haven't had Juan up yet. As ugly and infuriating as this testimony is, it's fairly obvious that it's very thin as to any real skeletons in Travis' closet, and I'm betting the jury is seeing this too. Not to mention it has absolutely nothing to do with Jodi's actions and is eight ways from Sunday away from any kind of mitigation for what she did.

I think it seems worse because we haven't had Juan up yet. As ugly and infuriating as this testimony is, it's fairly obvious that it's very thin as to any real skeletons in Travis' closet, and I'm betting the jury is seeing this too. Not to mention it has absolutely nothing to do with Jodi's actions and is eight ways from Sunday away from any kind of mitigation for what she did.

I know, we need Juan. Reality check!!! It just seems like he is so far away right now and at the pace of this hearing he seems further and further away all the time. Be done Nurmi!! Please, this is too painful to sit by silently listening while wanting to interject reality back into the jurors minds. Travis's time, Juan, will come. But, please hurry.

In my nicest of all MOD's voice: We do not know who Tony is and until we find out, if we ever find out, we will not "sleuth" him. K?

Looks like you got to my post before me. Good job Lambchop and thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cannot wait for Juan's turn. LOL

I think the jurors will see it as a breath of fresh air. By the time he actually gets up there, the DT will have droned on for another day or so. They will be so over the 'sexpert' and her drivel. jmo

GCharlie.. Yr right...unlikely the emergency had to do with Arias family if Aunt Susie was cursing about court abruptly going dark . How Arias of her to think of herself first and to complain.

I'm late to the conversation about the defense expert (computer), but I have to say that I doubt it was Dworkin too. He was the only defense witness that I respected. :floorlaugh: Honestly, he seemed knowledgeable, professional, forthcoming. He also seemed to have a sense of humor. He appeared too smart to have made a mistake like that, and far too smart to behave unethically.

I think the jurors will be furious once Juan starts to question Dr F. I almost feel sorry for her!
"Dr., How many women in the US get Brazilians?"
"Dr., how many young people text all hours of the night?"
"Dr., how many young men and women date several people at once?"
"Dr., how many young people have friends of the opposite sex that they communicate with via social media regularly and at all hours of the night?"
Dr., how many women will drive hundreds of miles one way to be sexually humiliated and then drive several hours home at least twice a month?
I could go on but tired of the constant quotation marks!

I know Dr F knows what she is facing...good luck! Hope the money she is making is worth it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KCL and AZL and others were talking last night about what's wrong with our system. I think the problem is simple, but the fix is not.

Our system is based on honorable opponents facing off against each other and acting in good faith, but it's not that way any longer. DAs may have certain biases and obviously have a story they want to paint. In some cases they are crooks too - we had a famous one exposed in Central Texas's Williamson County not that long ago. But defense attys - at least in high profile cases - seem to engage in the most awful tactics and couldn't give a rip about acting in good faith. "It's the DA's job to fix it he doesn't like the way I presented my case - I'll do whatever it takes to win."

We the People have confronted many complex problems as our society has advanced over centuries. Just look at the strides in gay marriage, women voters, slavery that have turned around in a relatively short amount of time in perspective. I'm just glad to be kickstarting a conversation as this issue, imo, has already spiraled out of control. It's done so insidiously that things that would have been objected to just two decades ago and disallowed (like my sister's supposed drug use and sexual partners) are now considered just expected. Because these defense attorneys keep pushing the envelope and getting away with it.

THings need to be reigned in for the sake of human decency. We've gone way too far afield for the worst of the worst in our society and if for nothing else it makes us WEAK and vulnerable putting ourselves at risk like this to known dangerous individuals. Evil does exist in this world, and protecting it in no way elevates life for the rest of us who by the way pay the way for the worst of the worst.

I had a terrible thought about the "emergency recess", it is just odd and I cannot find a "leak of information" that may explain it. So my terrible thought is this, Travis's family has had enough, forget going for the death sentence, stop the trial and on Thursday just go for sentencing. They want done with it and so does Juan. Just thinking out loud.

Yes, but then everyone will be left with Travis still being trashed by experts that don't know him, but believe and justify Jodi's actions. It's out there that according to them, and Jodi, Travis is an abusive sexually deviant pedophile that likes little boys, and grown women, and sends nine year old girls emails.

This email thing really pisses me off. It's just like Nurmi saying Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger over and over wanting the jury to believe it was *advertiser censored*, instead of music video. I know they've grown weary of all of this, and I don't blame them if they do make that decision,we'll all understand if that is they way they go, but.....Jodi will claim they stopped so nothing else about Travis would be out there ...and it won't ever stop Jodi from crowing about how they were afraid of what else the defense had in their bag of tricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member