Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 11/21-11/23/14 In recess

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fill in the blank

And his famous question "Did I ask you ______________ma'am?

These are two "Did I ask you's" that I can remember. There were lots more!

Did I ask you whether or not you called her stupid, ma`am?
Did I ask you for how long, ma`am?

I'd be all capital letters jealous to hear one of us spent an evening with Juan Martinez. Or even had a 5 minute chat with him in an elevator. ::confetti::balloons::Banane08:

:juanettes:

I also liked when Arias mentioned that Travis' closet is bigger than her cell and Juan said ': Ma`am, we don`t want to know where you`re living. Do you understand that? did I ask you where you were living?'

Juan is amazing, amazing, AMAZING. Juan just blows my mind in a way that no other public figure has. I love that he's compassionate and caring. And I think he appreciates the public support.

Court hearing is today right at 10:30? That's 8:30 Eastern time. I can't find any information. Guess I need to learn Twitter.

It will be fun to see Juan reemphasize some of Dr F's glaring weaknesses when questioning Dr DeMarte, while JW is jumping out of her chair with one objection after another.
- "Have you ever pretended you could not hear a question to give you more time to think about how you wanted to answer it?"
- "Have you ever been involved in a case where you only found relevant the things that were given to you by one side and you completely ignored all evidence other than that?"
- "Do you always bring your notes to court with you when you testify?"

Court hearing is today right at 10:30? That's 8:30 Eastern time. I can't find any information. Guess I need to learn Twitter.

Arizona is 2 hours behind us in EST

That will be 12:30 for us. I know these time differences are confusing.

Good morning!!!
Coffee anyone?

266D8F355369B1633877C5
50d74660fda501af7ff4562b7ca6f975.jpg
5b72b8078eabfb17fa9896199876d45c.jpg

link
link
link

Hope I was gone most of the day yesterday and had to check in last night and read partial posts. I read that tweet and it was totally lost on me until this morning! Thanks so much. In my mind I was asking why this would be brought up when maybe Nurmi could use it to say how much she wanted to please him. It never occurred to me that she already owned the spiderman undies. Juan is so smart. The jury may have missed it also but he will let them know when he sums up all her lies. What I did notice and I thought was brilliant was the Juan switched questions from one topic to another. That will catch someone in their lies very fast.

Yes! that was my favorite tweet of the day! And of course Nurmi quickly asked for a side bar

Jodi 2 TA in text ....trying to piece together a school girl outfit w/ clothes I already have including spiderman undies #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 50m50 minutes ago

Nurmi wanted a sidebar #jodiarias #3tvarias

Uh.... embarrassed to say that I am just finding out at this moment that the retrial had started. Seeing as I had watched probably every minute of the original trial, I am aghast at myself. But this one's not being televised, correct? Twitter only? Ugh. Can anybody tell me where I can find a good summary of what's happened so far? Who has the best coverage? Is Beth Karas anywhere? Any new details we hadn't seen before? TIA.

:help:

Hi Smelly Squirrel! This trial is mostly being Tweeted, so it takes a lot more energy to follow than it did last year with streaming video. The video is supposed to be available after the verdict this time.

Beth Karas' site is really worth the price of admission. http://karasoncrime.com

The first couple of posts whenever Lambchop opens a new thread usually include a good list of Twitter accounts to follow. You can see many of those in one list here: http://twitter.com/eversnark/lists/arias-penalty-retrial

There are a whole bunch of MSM news articles linked from that site too http://www.eversnark.com/category/arias/ courtchatter.com and thetrialdiaries.com have many (if not all?) of the motions and court docs posted.

AZLawyer has been generously popping in here to answer questions, but there is also a legal Q and A thread that is current and active.

Hope this helps!

Yes! that was my favorite tweet of the day! And of course Nurmi quickly asked for a side bar

Jodi 2 TA in text ....trying to piece together a school girl outfit w/ clothes I already have including spiderman undies #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 50m50 minutes ago

Nurmi wanted a sidebar #jodiarias #3tvarias

Glad you posted about this again. I had was just about to do a mea culpa.

I'm not sure the underwear comment WAS made on V day. I reread BK's summary. The last 15 minutes of JM were confusing in terms of evidence. He blocked dates of communications, some were shown and some contents concealed. BK didn't provide exhibit numbers for each communication, and some were discussed out of order.

It's entirely possible I got it very wrong that undies came up in the 2/14/07 email about violence. Sorry!!!! Actually, it would be odd if so, because she mentions doing those things "in case I see you." She's not in Mesa yet.

But it also got me thinking......it's odd Dr. F didn't mention the undies on her very distorted list of things that sounded pedo to her. CMJA made a big deal about the underwear the first time around. Now nothing? Nurmi must have gotten the memo that JM impeached her big time in the issue. Maybe JM is baiting him to bring the undies up again....

Anyway, sorry again!!!!

I didn't post earlier because I think everyone who's interested in these has subscribed to my WS blogs now, but I did finally (later than I wanted, darned having to work a regular job) post the last two installments of my picks of Tweets most likely to be testimony here:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/en...Twitter-Transcripts-various-11-20-14-(1-of-2)
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/en...Twitter-Transcripts-various-11-20-14-(2-of-2)

Sorry I have to carve the day up like this. They exceed the maximum character length otherwise.

Thanks Daisy :daisy: and no, I've never subscribed to a thread. I just did yours and I'll see if it works as I did the option of notification by email. YEAH! Appreciate the heads up that subscribing is an option. Love having it all in one place to read at my leisure. You are the best! :tyou:

Do we not have something on the 25th. Was the COA to respond prior to that. I remember the court being closed for a day and a half so the DT could respond to them. Is this ringing a bell with anyone?

Good Morning Folks!:seeya:

I am clueless on this computer issue/motion, could be much ado about nothing, but here's hoping for good news today!

Do we not have something on the 25th. Was the COA to respond prior to that. I remember the court being closed for a day and a half so the DT could respond to them. Is this ringing a bell with anyone?

Yes oral arguments are set for the 25th in front of the COA. That is for the media's motion to stop the secret testimony and provide them with a copy of transcripts from secret testimony that already occurred.

I have some comments about JW's response:

First, she either doesn't understand what a damaged hard drive is, or she's playing it that way in hopes that JSS won't know the difference between a hard drive and a connector with bent pins.

She then goes on to confuse the issues re: the State's request for an image copy as of the day defense rec'd the computer in 2014 to the copy the State made in 2008. She says he obviously didn't need another image copy, since JM later said they had gone back and analyzed their original copy. His original 2008 copy would not show the damage they claim was done in 2009, thus the need for a later dated one, and one they should have been able to furnish. It's their allegation, and their need to provide proof - I suspect she knows the difference.

She admits they sent the wrong file originally, but somehow blames "FTK software" for "grabbing the wrong drive". How exactly does software "grab" the wrong drive to turn over? This is ridiculous!

She then says the State had all this time to make one, but if they were unaware of these supposed 2009 changes, why would they do that? There would be no need. Both State & defense forensic examiners (that knew what they were doing) testified to what was on the 2008 copy, and both agreed there was no evidence of *advertiser censored* then. Again, you claim all this was done in 2009 - it's your allegations of wrong doing to prove, JW.

She then says there is nothing wrong with the 2nd copy they sent over and that they are appalled that the State doesn't know how to read what they sent...um, what exactly was sent and are we supposed to think State forensics wouldn't be able to read a real image copy? She says it's a clone, but not an untouched image - so what is it exactly? It's not a forensic image copy as protocol requires, but that's the State's problem, how? A clone is used basically to restore a drive to a existing state. It's for backup if your computer goes out, it's not what is required in forensic computer work and anyone familiar with those requirements would know that. I know she mentioned FTK software (above), but I have my suspicions (below) that neither FTK or Encase software with a write block was used, but either one would have done the job.

If you notice the picture of the pin damage, they included some interesting information:

Name: DSC09743.jpg
Item(?) type: FarStone.JPG File
Folder path E:/ARIAS MESA PD
Date created 8/26/2014 2:02PM (hard to read the day and could be 25th - but if it is it's @ a later time than when modified)
Date modified 8/25/2014 10:49AM (on the pdf, the font or size of the lettering here looks a little different to me, but could be the angle or something?)

The first thing I noticed was that the created date is after the modified date - unless I just need a new prescription and am reading this wrong. How can you modify a file before it's created? Also, I thought they didn't get this until late Sept or so?
Next was the "Item type": FarStone, which meant nothing to me, so I hit Google only to find a company that sells cloning/backup software that is basically for consumers and small businesses. It's products get good consumer reviews for inexpensive cloning or backup type software, but it's certainly not something a professional forensic person would use. Who might buy a copy of something like this? Maybe a private investigator, who in trying to provide what JA said was there, somehow screwed up the contents of the HD so badly that it can't be read again. Who knows what was furnished to the State, but JW's feigned surprise that the State couldn't read whatever they sent to them reads a little false after seeing "FarStone" on that pic. I notice the BBM on one of their product descriptions:
If this is indeed what their "expert" used, who knows what they had to 'analyze' and how it compared to the 2008 image copy?

All just my 2cents ...

I've been AFK, link to JW's response referenced please as I don't think I've seen what is being referred to. TIA

Do we know if we will be allowed to get tweets this morning?

Gawd I feel like I've missed a lifetime just being gone all afternoon and evening.

But it was worth it spending an enchanting evening with someone who's name starts with AZ and ends with Lawyer and her wildly colorful husband.

I don't even know where to begin but it does look like Juan started off with a B A N G.

Did she share with you what Zuri and others sent her or had she scarfed all those chocolate calories down already :floorlaugh:

edible_arrangements_372916.jpg

link

Do we know if we will be allowed to get tweets this morning?
Wild about trial said he will be there and this tweet was just posted:

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq 2h2 hours ago
#JodiArias PC *advertiser censored* motion on docket for today. Not sure what will happen. A lot gone on since original allegations. Both sides scrapping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper