Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 11/3/14 Hearing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If "winning" means killing someone in cold blood and ending up convicted for first degree murder, with a stay in state prison for life, then yeah, Arias certainly hit the jackpot there. She may also earn a spot on death row.

After watching and following this case since Dateline interview (before it made WS), I will venture an opinion that Jodi considers small things like a delay a "win". When you are incarcerated and looking at spending the rest of your life in a cell, the small things are monumental.

ANYTHING but the death penalty is a win for Nurmi and Wilmott. And Nurmi will do everything, including making ridiculous secrecy demands to delay and annoy everyone involved, to achieve that goal. He has no real witnesses. There's nothing secret or privileged about any testimony that might be given in support of Jodi's quest to live! They have no real mitigating factors, so trial by circus is their best bet. Anything but death is a win for the DT. It's over, they get to walk away from Jodi. Their obligation is fulfilled, their lives can continue, and they saved a cold blooded murderer from certain death. End of story.

After watching and following this case since Dateline interview (before it made WS), I will venture an opinion that Jodi considers small things like a delay a "win". When you are incarcerated and looking at spending the rest of your life in a cell, the small things are monumental.

I agree. But this trial won't last but the length of a blip, compared to the many decades she has to be incarcerated. This is it, other than some future appeal that may or may not get traction in a few years. She's got nothing else. She'll be as irrelevant as an old dingy sweatshirt that got thrown away.

OK, I got it now, the only exception still out there is if there is a mistrial due to loss of jury members, still not clear on what would happen then, thanks to everyone who help clear this up for me...

This is just a guess but I would hope there is no difference what the reason for the mistrial is. I would hope the judge gets to decide if mistrial for any reason.

This is just a guess but I would hope there is no difference what the reason for the mistrial is. I would hope the judge gets to decide if mistrial for any reason.

I too can only hope that is the case.

Right now, the only small things I want to be monumental for the convict are the cockroaches in her cell. :drumroll:

Yes, keeping a client (any client) off death row is a 'win' for a defense attorney, especially when your client is guilty of first degree murder and you knew that's what a jury would decide when the time came, as I believe Nurmi & Wilcott knew. The only thing they can do is try to advocate to the jury to spare her life. It will not surprise me if the jury either gives her LWOP or is unable to come to a unanimous decision but I hope they do decide something unanimously as I think that would be the best outcome. Sentencing someone to death is the most important and perhaps most difficult decision one can make.

I agree. But this trial won't last but the length of a blip, compared to the many decades she has to be incarcerated. This is it, other than some future appeal that may or may not get traction in a few years. She's got nothing else. She'll be as irrelevant as an old dingy sweatshirt that got thrown away.

Oh yes, she will wither and go by the roadside to die in obscurity. She will be mentioned once in a while and her case will be featured every so often on shows like Dateline and 20/20 but time will go on and all of us following will go on to the next case. But! Right now I'm going all the way to the end of the road for this one. I was there at the first and I'll be there, God willing, til her sentence is pronounced, although when that will be is anyone's guess. I do believe that this will not be the last delay. At least at the end of this trial we, the public can say that we have seen justice work. The Casey Anthony trial will haunt some of us forever.

These last few days of court have got me all in a tizzy. It's madness.

Just got home, and I cannot (but really CAN) believe there will be another delay. :gaah:
And MeeBee, don't let the murderer JA get you all tizz-ified, she's not worth it and we need your expertise here. Take a deep breath and walk away for awhile. That's what I had to do today ~
and
1, 2, 3 * 1, 2, 3 DRINK, throw em back till I loose count :eek:ddsmiley:

Someone has already posted that Mon and tues of next week were already off the docket. So it is just wed thur and fri of this week.
Nope. They don't work on Friday.

Now, this judge could make an exception and even have them work late, but she would rather have this go to January and inconvenience the jury, who were told Dec 18.

Just got home, and I cannot (but really CAN) believe there will be another delay. :gaah:
And MeeBee, don't the murderer JA get you all tizz-ified, she's not worth it and we need your expertise here. Take a deep breath and walk away for awhile. That's what I had to do today ~
and
1, 2, 3 * 1, 2, 3 DRINK, throw em back till I loose count :eek:ddsmiley:

image.jpg

Actually Nurmi is doing his job, which is to try and save his client from the needle. Can't fault him. He doesn't have much to work with and has to do everything he can possibly do to do his job.

Nope. They don't work on Friday.

Now, this judge could make an exception and even have them work late, but she would rather have this go to January and inconvenience the jury, who were told Dec 18.
It's not going to go into January. That is just smoke.. I think that it will be close to what they were told.

If next monday and tuesday were already off the schedule, and the court is always off on fridays, the judge only gave Nurmi 3 days, today, tomorrow and thursday, correct? t

If next monday and tuesday were already off the schedule, and the court is always off on fridays, the judge only gave Nurmi 3 days, today, tomorrow and thursday, correct? t

Maybe technically. But what ever happened to be sure to have all your witnesses lined up ready to go at a moments notice just in case they are needed earlier than expected.

Im convinced Nurmi is just playing more games with the courts and he looks for any delay possible. More $$$ in his pocket when he can charge a few more hours to this case.

And the longer it goes on, the more chance another juror will bail. Nurmi actually said that yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne