Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 12/05-08 In recess

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s a little pat on the back for all of our weekend sleuthing. I thought I’d put together a list of “stuff” we found that debunks much of what BN asserted or implied.

1) SIM cards missing: Not. They didn’t exist for the phones/service used by TA and JA
2) ActiveX is a video codec needed to view *advertiser censored* and is strictly for *advertiser censored* sites: Not. Soooooo. Not.
It’s not even a video codec:
“ActiveX is a software framework created by Microsoft that adapts its earlier Component Object Model (COM) and Object Linking and Embedding (OLE) technologies for content downloaded from a network, particularly in the context of the World Wide Web.” (Wikipedia)
3) Zblog can only be picked up by visiting *advertiser censored* sites: Not. Blatantly not.
4) Spybot only runs if triggered by human intervention: Not.
5) The downloads/modifications that happened on June 19, 2009, had to be “okayed” by human intervention: Not.
Several were likely initially downloaded on 6/10/2008, but not installed/configured until the computer was booted up on 6/19/2009.
6) BN can prove certain *advertiser censored* URLs were accessed via “typing in” the site address: Not. No way.
And if he can, Mr. Tyler Mount expert (that’s a helicopter mount; read his CV) is the first in the nation to be able to prove this.

What else? Let’s see:
7) The modifications that happened on June 10, 2008, and on June 19, 2009, constitute prosecutorial misconduct: Likely not.
The 6/10 goof up of bringing the laptop out of sleep is easily attributable to the exigent circumstance of discovering a badly decomposed murder victim and needing to determine time of death.
Also: The time the laptop “awakening” and the time the Mesa PD officially initiated/served the search warrant? That’s about a half hour gap. Seriously? I think some “just plain cop” on the scene screwed up by moving the mouse/stirring the laptop out of sleep.

The boot-up a year later? The Mesa PD had already made a mirror of the drive. It was poor procedure to fire it up on June 19, 2009, but the DT – apparently – insisted on it. Changes made on that date were (in spite of BN’s insistence) likely automatic, resulting from the completion of installs/configurations initially downloaded on June 10, 2008, via auto-updates and from –possibly – anti-virus software doing its ‘thang’ upon boot-up.

8) Inability to find the *advertiser censored* is sheer incompetence: Likely not.
Neither the DT nor the State looked for *advertiser censored* “files” when the initial analyses were done.
9) No one looked for *advertiser censored* until JA changed her defense strategy
Two experts, one from the State and one from the DT said they didn’t find any *advertiser censored* (although Dworkin tried to change his tune when the DT changed THEIRS, then got called out by JM).
10) *advertiser censored* “hits” found now: Likely due to advancements in registry investigation tools.
*advertiser censored* site “hits” are far different than downloaded and saved photographic files.

Thanks very much for this concise list of exactly why the DT's motion should fail. Unless BN can come with proof that anyone deliberately deleted anything before the DT, at their request, showed up on June 19, 2009 to view the evidence and determine the size of the files to be able to get approval to hire a forensic expert, then this jig should be done.

P.S. By updates I mean the updates done in 2008 and 2009 to QuickTime and iTunes that BN claims was done intentionally by clicking on a command. Juan may be setting up to prove that they were done automatically.

How wonderful would it be for Juan to get an APPLE developer guy on the stands? LOL. I would love that. :D

You're right. It will really depend on what Juan's expert says was the cause for the update at 1:44. He got BN to agree Travis did it himself. He may have been setting a trap so he can reveal that it was done automatically, and also as a way to set up his evidence that the updates done in 2008 and 2009 were also automatic and BN doesn't know what he's talking about.

It could probably have narrowed down the exact time of murder and events everything happened. dummy defense. thank you. jmo

I don't know MB. I kind of think they didn't think about modern tech in computers. Antiquated tech from BN's group (google, google dudes). Jodi talent from 6 years ago. jmo

It would be 1 through 3 for me possibly, Shadowboy. Thanks!

I think that they didn't think of "old" technology either. I think that he may have forgotten about the recent developments in technology. Yes, these days you have to click ok to accept even COOKIES when visiting websites. But back in 2007-2008 things were a lot different. He's claiming, very determinedly, that this program or that program doesn't do that without realizing that we're at Quicktime 10 now. Quicktime 5/6 back in 2007/2008/2009 might have very well updated automatically.

Predator, you always seem to underestimate others' ability to understand you. We're all pretty smart people around here. I've been digging around forensics and may not get the super technical jargon, but I get the gist. I also have a software engineer husband at my beck and call. Anything you shoot at me, I'm sure he'll understand if I don't. We're all bouncing ideas off each other. I've been posting about this for days now. It's not impossible for me to understand things. Just explain it.

In any case, shadowboy has already pointed out that advancements in technology may have something to do with BN picking up what the other two experts didn't. It makes sense.

I agree!
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”
― Albert Einstein

Predator, you always seem to underestimate others' ability to understand you. We're all pretty smart people around here. I've been digging around forensics and may not get the super technical jargon, but I get the gist. I also have a software engineer husband at my beck and call. Anything you shoot at me, I'm sure he'll understand if I don't. We're all bouncing ideas off each other. I've been posting about this for days now. It's not impossible for me to understand things. Just explain it.

In any case, shadowboy has already pointed out that advancements in technology may have something to do with BN picking up what the other two experts didn't. It makes sense.

Before I go to bed I just want to point out that there are kiddy *advertiser censored* sites out there (most of them) the FBI and the cops don't even know exist. They disappear and reappear all the time and only a handful of people knows about them so that's why I find it hard to believe that somebody (especially guy who is not the part of the scene) could really be able to track the kiddy *advertiser censored* sites down (I mean they just disappear without a trace). One more thing pedos usually get caught because some "hacker" who gets caught rats pedophiles out to the cops to shave off a few years off his sentence or cause the feds plant moles in their communities. And since the NSA started really spying on people (or should I say 2009) these pedo sites went underground I mean they just dropped off the grid completely, but I bet they still exist in the deepest shadows of the internet...

What I'm getting at is that it is imperative (their survival depends on it) for pedophiles to be one step ahead of the cops when it comes to the child *advertiser censored*... and by the way most underground pedos are very good at hiding their skills...

Before I go to bed I just want to point out that there are kiddy *advertiser censored* sites out there (most of them) the FBI and the cops don't know even exist. They disappear and reappear all the time and only a handful of people knows about them so that's why I find it hard to believe that somebody (especially guy who is not the part of the scene) could really be able to track the kiddy *advertiser censored* sites down (I mean they just disappear without a trace). One more thing pedos usually get caught because some "hacker" who gets caught rats pedophiles out to the cops to shave off a few years off his sentence or cause the feds plant moles in their communities. And since the NSA really took off (or should I say 2009) these pedo sites went underground I mean they just dropped off the grid completely, but I bet they still exist in the deepest shadows of the internet...

What I'm getting at is that it is and always was imperative (their survival depends on it) for pedophiles to be one step ahead of the cops when it comes to the child *advertiser censored*... and by the way most underground pedos are very good at hiding their skills...

Before I go to bed I just want to point out that there are kiddy *advertiser censored* sites out there (most of them) the FBI and the cops don't even know exist. They disappear and reappear all the time and only a handful of people knows about them so that's why I find it hard to believe that somebody (especially guy who is not the part of the scene) could really be able to track the kiddy *advertiser censored* sites down (I mean they just disappear without a trace). One more thing pedos usually get caught because some "hacker" who gets caught rats pedophiles out to the cops to shave off a few years off his sentence or cause the feds plant moles in their communities. And since the NSA started really spying on people (or should I say 2009) these pedo sites really went underground I mean they just dropped off the grid completely, but I bet they still exist in the deepest shadows of the internet...

What I'm getting at is that it is imperative (their survival depends on it) for pedophiles to be one step ahead of the cops when it comes to the child *advertiser censored*... and by the way most underground pedos are very good at hiding their skills...
Child *advertiser censored* has NOTHING to do with Travis Alexander. Period. Although you may be knowledgable in it, there is ZERO evidence of child *advertiser censored* or pedo, regarding Travis Alexander. This is the sentencing phase of the killing of the VICTIM, Travis Alexander. He is not on trial.

Thanks for the info though.

Child *advertiser censored* has NOTHING to do with Travis Alexander. Period. Although you may be knowledgable in it, there is ZERO evidence of child *advertiser censored* or pedo, regarding Travis Alexander. This is the sentencing phase of the killing of the VICTIM, Travis Alexander. He is not on trial.

Thanks for the info though.

Yes, you are right. And I'd like to think that I was taught better than to speak ill of the dead...

I am sorry if I've offended someone... I didn't mean to do. I can be really insensitive at times.

How wonderful would it be for Juan to get an APPLE developer guy on the stands? LOL. I would love that. :D

He doesn't even need an Apple developer, it has been updating automatically since it came out. I have never had to press an "ok" button for ITunes. I don't know if it makes a difference that I have a Mac and Travis didn't? Most of my programs, when I had a Dell, automatically did everything for me, back in the day. I never had my spyware set to the middle of the day, so that is confusing. Why would Travis have it set for the afternoon? Especially if his computer was infected? It would take forever for all those programs to run. Something is "off" about all of this nonsense and I don't think it has anything to do with Travis, *advertiser censored*, or anything up until the day he was murdered. I believe it will all go back to after the killing, which has nothing to do with the hearing for misconduct on the part of the State. JMO

Predator (how did you come up with that name..lol) I edited my post up above right after I wrote it. If you could edit yours, I would appreciate it. I apologize for being a little rough. It drives me crazy when Travis is labeled as a pedo or there is any suggestion of it. Until I see proof of it, it ticks me off. That is me being sensitive and I shouldn't have told you what to do. Have a great night.

He doesn't even need an Apple developer, it has been updating automatically since it came out. I have never had to press an "ok" button for ITunes. I don't know if it makes a difference that I have a Mac and Travis didn't? Most of my programs, when I had a Dell, automatically did everything for me, back in the day. I never had my spyware set to the middle of the day, so that is confusing. Why would Travis have it set for the afternoon? Especially if his computer was infected? It would take forever for all those programs to run. Something is "off" about all of this nonsense and I don't think it has anything to do with Travis, *advertiser censored*, or anything up until the day he was murdered. I believe it will all go back to after the killing, which has nothing to do with the hearing for misconduct on the part of the State. JMO

Just Installed outdated itunes and here's what happened when I launched it:

20140608_160639.jpg

I have to press OK now. It shows me that there are updates available and to confirm that I want the software updated. BUT I don't remember if I purposely chose for it NOT to update automatically and to ask for my permission or not.

I think the misconduct claim is total time consuming BS. The things that jurisprudence labels as misconduct are very serious things! Not turning on a laptop in the presence of defense attorneys for all of 12 minutes. The focus should have been on the *advertiser censored* from the start. Wilmott/Nurmi's motion was a total waste of time; they didn't even bother to find out who had the laptop that day.

I have to press OK now. It shows me that there are updates available and to confirm that I want the software updated. BUT I don't remember if I purposely chose for it NOT to update automatically and to ask for my permission or not.

I think the misconduct claim is total time consuming BS. The things that jurisprudence labels as misconduct are very serious things! Not turning on a laptop in the presence of defense attorneys for all of 12 minutes. The focus should have been on the *advertiser censored* from the start. Wilmott/Nurmi's motion was a total waste of time; they didn't even bother to find out who had the laptop that day.

I'll add I dislike this sideshow and smell a rat. jmo (not here )

Unless the following review was referring only to version 7.5.5, I would say that Quicktime 7.5 that was released on June 10, 2008 could very well have been done through an auto update. Any other info I could find seemed to be how to not let it auto update, something that I would think TA would not have necessarily been concerned with, I know I used to just let all my programs auto update before I started gaming... now I don't because it often causes my games to hang and at best, causes the game to stutter or lag.
------------------------------------------------
http://download.cnet.com/Apple-QuickTime/3000-2139_4-10002208.html
"Editors' Review
-

by: Download.com staff on November 09, 2008

After 10 years and with millions of users worldwide, Apple's QuickTime player still provides one of the best solutions for digital media. Whether you're watching streaming movie trailers online or diving headlong into QuickTime as a creation platform, you'll find little to quibble about in this veteran player.

Its few quirks are quickly offset by the elegant Apple interface and the top-notch audio/video playback quality. QuickTime 7 comes in two varieties. The free standard player handles popular audio, graphic, and video formats, including the much-ballyhooed H.264 and MPEG-4. Also, for $29.95, you can upgrade to the content-creation-friendly Pro version, which adds features such as full-screen playback, easy editing, H.264/MPEG-4 production, and the ability to save movies from the Web.

MPEG-2 support is available, but at an additional cost of $19.95.High-definition content looks impressive with the new H.264 codec, but hardly better than with similar offerings from Microsoft. The stylish transport controls and the friendly layout work well. Inclusion of the autoupdate and automatic-network-detection features make getting started and staying current easy.

Overall, QuickTime 7 continues to be a must-have for anyone surfing the Web or looking to experience the best in digital media."
---------------------------------------------------
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QuickTime
"After a couple of preview Windows releases,[49] Apple released 7.0.2 as the first stable release on September 7, 2005 for Windows 2000 and Windows XP. Version 7.0.4, released on January 10, 2006 was the first universal binary version. But it suffered numerous bugs, including a buffer overrun, which is more problematic to most users.

Apple dropped support for Windows 2000 with the release of QuickTime 7.2 on July 11, 2007.[50] The last version available for Windows 2000, 7.1.6, contains numerous security vulnerabilities.[51] References to this version have been removed from the QuickTime site, but it can be downloaded from Apple's support section.[52] Apple has not indicated that they will be providing any further security updates for older versions. QuickTime 7.2 is the first version for Windows Vista.

Apple dropped support for Flash content in QuickTime 7.3, breaking content that relied on Flash for interactivity, or animation tracks. Security concerns seem to be part of the decision.[53] Flash flv files can still be played in QuickTime if the free Perian plugin is added.

In QuickTime 7.3, a processor that supports SSE is required. QuickTime 7.4 does not require SSE. Unlike versions 7.2 and 7.3, QuickTime 7.4 cannot be installed on Windows XP SP1 system (its setup program checks if Service Pack 2 is installed). QuickTime 7.5 was released on June 10, 2008.[citation needed] QuickTime 7.5.5 was released on September 9, 2008,[citation needed] which requires Mac OS X v10.4 or higher, dropping 10.3 support. QuickTime 7.6 was released on January 21, 2009.[citation needed]"

Yes, something like the screengrab attached.View attachment 65110

Mine is set to this and so is my son's. Neither one of us have ever had to click OK to update. In fact, I just checked and mine is the latest version and I have NEVER updated it manually, nor clicked ok. Just my personal experience and my kiddo's. :)

The laptop was probably turned off, perhaps even packed for his trip, so when it was turned back on and any scans that were overdue would have automatically started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member