Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 12/05-08 In recess

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, but I am not big on using Itunes these days... and about the nick-name. Have you ever heard of the game called Counter-Strike...

Nope. I don't play games. It's just a very odd name for a victim friendly forum. To each their own. Thanks for all the computer talk tonight. It has been enlightening. ;)

The laptop was probably turned off, perhaps even packed for his trip, so when it was turned back on and any scans that were overdue would have automatically started.

Then, how to we get to the fact the picture was taken at 1:44 and the computer was in use at the same time? I thought I had to be an update or scan? Maybe I am confused, although I have been trying to follow along.

Then, how to we get to the fact the picture was taken at 1:44 and the computer was in use at the same time? I thought I had to be an update or scan? Maybe I am confused, although I have been trying to follow along.

I posted a while back some screengrabs that shows that it is possible for someone to choose for a spyware/anti virus program to update or scan automatically if the computer has been idle for 60 minutes or more. It's possible that Travis had that option clicked. That would explain the software running during the day.

I can only guess that perhaps someone had plugged in the camera memory stick and then turned on the laptop so they both recorded the same time. We still aren't sure(at least I'm not) whether the dates on the pics were from the camera when they were taken, or from the meta data that was pulled when they were recovered because they had all been deleted.

I posted a while back some screengrabs that shows that it is possible for someone to choose for a spyware/anti virus program to update or scan automatically if the computer has been idle for 60 minutes or more. It's possible that Travis had that option clicked. That would explain the software running during the day.

I know because I have been following along. Most things are possible, but we don't have anything concrete and it sure didn't get cleared up the other day. I can't wait until Juan's expert gets up there and tells the facts, no bs, just the facts, Mam'. Bottom line, neither Juan nor Flores did anything to those computers in secret or deliberately. So all this other "fluff" is just torment and agony for the family. This case needs to be put back on track. Enough is enough. Hopefully, tomorrow will bring some clarity. My son reports for jury duty tomorrow and I can't imagine his entire life being put on hold for this long. This is obviously the defense teams strategy. Pretty sad. To me, delaying things by BS stuff is not justice in any court of law. JMO

Before I go to bed I just want to point out that there are kiddy *advertiser censored* sites out there (most of them) the FBI and the cops don't even know exist. They disappear and reappear all the time and only a handful of people knows about them so that's why I find it hard to believe that somebody (especially guy who is not the part of the scene) could really be able to track the kiddy *advertiser censored* sites down (I mean they just disappear without a trace). One more thing pedos usually get caught because some "hacker" who gets caught rats pedophiles out to the cops to shave off a few years off his sentence or cause the feds plant moles in their communities. And since the NSA started really spying on people (or should I say 2009) these pedo sites went underground I mean they just dropped off the grid completely, but I bet they still exist in the deepest shadows of the internet...

What I'm getting at is that it is imperative (their survival depends on it) for pedophiles to be one step ahead of the cops when it comes to the child *advertiser censored*... and by the way most underground pedos are very good at hiding their skills...

Ya, we kind of know that already here. At least I am understanding it more now. Thanks!

I know because I have been following along. Most things are possible, but we don't have anything concrete and it sure didn't get cleared up the other day. I can't wait until Juan's expert gets up there and tells the facts, no bs, just the facts, Mam'. Bottom line, neither Juan nor Flores did anything to those computers in secret or deliberately. So all this other "fluff" is just torment and agony for the family. This case needs to be put back on track. Enough is enough. Hopefully, tomorrow will bring some clarity. My son reports for jury duty tomorrow and I can't imagine his entire life being put on hold for this long. This is obviously the defense teams strategy. Pretty sad. To me, delaying things by BS stuff is not justice in any court of law. JMO

Total agreement.

Back to Jodi's testimony:

1) She said there was a virus on the laptop - Melendez said there wasn't. She has a point there. But that alone, to me, is not something important enough to warrent a mistrial or anything like that.
2) She said Travis had an actual picture of child *advertiser censored* - Melendez said there wasn't any *advertiser censored* on the PC. But whether there was or not, it has no bearing on what she testified to. So why should the *advertiser censored* come in? Especiallly since it can't be proven who or what accessed these *advertiser censored* sites.

Back to Jodi's testimony:

1) She said there was a virus on the laptop - Melendez said there wasn't. She has a point there. But that alone, to me, is not something important enough to warrent a mistrial or anything like that.
2) She said Travis had an actual picture of child *advertiser censored* - Melendez said there wasn't any *advertiser censored* on the PC. But whether there was or not, it has no bearing on what she testified to. So why should the *advertiser censored* come in? Especiallly since it can't be proven who or what accessed these *advertiser censored* sites.

In regards to both 1 and 2, there is NO way to prove that Travis is the one who did anything to his computer. I say this because JA is a known liar and may have deliberately emailed him *advertiser censored*, viruses or physically put them on his computer. I would not put it past her. Whether she did something when they had their falling out in May, or when she sent emails later, or on the day of the murder, or even when she was representing herself, she had something to do with it. If Travis had only looked at *advertiser censored*, then it's no big deal, but I am not believing that based on her word, not yet. I'm not trusting her, the defense, BN or any of them until we see proof. There is a reason why BN has not been forthcoming, even when he was asked the name of the person who helped. The secrecy has got to stop! There is a reason they are sliming Juan and keeping secrets...to distract, delay and avoid. JMO

Because of BN's hesitancy to turn over the original copy, clone, whatever; I'll believe it when I see (hear) it that it matches the original that the prosecution has. In other words, is it possible that the original was altered?

Well first of all, for a computer "expert", his company website is pathetic. And secondly, anyone who would brag about winning "Emmys" but neglect to mention that they are regional Emmys, the majority of which were likely won during his time working for KPNX-TV, a local news station, is more than likely to embellish his credentials during a hearing such as this.

MOO

Perhaps BN saw the computer *advertiser censored* in Jodi's other eye. :giggle:

I just keep trying to weigh the balance of

Emmy Award winner vs. Military, Goverment Forensic Expert, certified.

It sounds like a group with certifications for different things, kind of like the group in Phoenix, PI's linking up. BN did not impress me. I know how to search things he says too. Might be rusty but I knew a couple things so far aren't true as stated on the witness stand as far as software, viruses/malware & operating systems. He's outdated if he can't google like me, ha ha. jmo

BN made some glaring mis-speaks on the stand. I'm no expert, but I've been involved with computers for nearly 30 yrs, and taken many courses and can google, and my degree is in electronics. DH and I own our own business, and we handle the majority of our computer issues, aside from writing the software. I know tons about bent/pushed pins, unseated connectors, wiring, and 1s and 0s. Binary/octal/hexi-decimal/gray code were my life for years. Which is why I'm very interested in what BN actually did to his copies/clones. How did he delete the viruses and malware; with what program/tool? And everything I know about HDDs tells me he should have made 2 copies - 1 to work on, 1 to preserve the original data integrity. Him just saying JM has what he has is baseless without presenting what he did and comparing it to the original. Maybe I'm just way over-thinking this.

Oh Gosh! *giggle giggle* (bats eyes, flips hair, points chin down and eyes up, head slightly tilted)

I bet that used to work on Daddy, or other older gents like DB or GS, but not so much on guys your own age.

Didn't work with Flores and she was trying so hard :)

Didn't work with Flores and she was trying so hard :)

Perhaps because she is pretty darn close to his age and yes I had noticed how hard she was trying... pretty pathetic given the circumstances.

BN made some glaring mis-speaks on the stand. I'm no expert, but I've been involved with computers for nearly 30 yrs, and taken many courses and can google, and my degree is in electronics. DH and I own our own business, and we handle the majority of our computer issues, aside from writing the software. I know tons about bent/pushed pins, unseated connectors, wiring, and 1s and 0s. Binary/octal/hexi-decimal/gray code were my life for years. Which is why I'm very interested in what BN actually did to his copies/clones. How did he delete the viruses and malware; with what program/tool? And everything I know about HDDs tells me he should have made 2 copies - 1 to work on, 1 to preserve the original data integrity. Him just saying JM has what he has is baseless without presenting what he did and comparing it to the original. Maybe I'm just way over-thinking this.

Nope, I don't think so. Just because the DT and JA all think they're geniuses doesn't mean they are.

Good morning! Just touching base before whatever happens today happens. I skimmed the computer talk until I was dizzy. I understand a tad more than I did before.

At this point, JM has shown clearly that there was no intentional deletion/tampering with files, which was the gist of the DT motion. I can see that JSS wants to get through the *advertiser censored* files while they are at it.

JM must know a lot about computers considering all the cases he has prosecuted. It's learn as you go process. At this point, he's learning more and more, thanks to his current expert. I'm sure this expert is explaining it all and preparing JM with the key questions to BN that he will bring up with his expert. I'm sure that the expert stressed to JM that he needs the original disc BN made. There has to be a very good reason to believe some hanky-panky might have taken place.

See you all on the next thread!

Here’s a little pat on the back for all of our weekend sleuthing. I thought I’d put together a list of “stuff” we found that debunks much of what BN asserted or implied.

1) SIM cards missing: Not. They didn’t exist for the phones/service used by TA and JA
2) ActiveX is a video codec needed to view *advertiser censored* and is strictly for *advertiser censored* sites: Not. Soooooo. Not.
It’s not even a video codec:
“ActiveX is a software framework created by Microsoft that adapts its earlier Component Object Model (COM) and Object Linking and Embedding (OLE) technologies for content downloaded from a network, particularly in the context of the World Wide Web.” (Wikipedia)
3) Zblog can only be picked up by visiting *advertiser censored* sites: Not. Blatantly not.
4) Spybot only runs if triggered by human intervention: Not.
5) The downloads/modifications that happened on June 19, 2009, had to be “okayed” by human intervention: Not.
Several were likely initially downloaded on 6/10/2008, but not installed/configured until the computer was booted up on 6/19/2009.
6) BN can prove certain *advertiser censored* URLs were accessed via “typing in” the site address: Not. No way.
And if he can, Mr. Tyler Mount expert (that’s a helicopter mount; read his CV) is the first in the nation to be able to prove this.

What else? Let’s see:
7) The modifications that happened on June 10, 2008, and on June 19, 2009, constitute prosecutorial misconduct: Likely not.
The 6/10 goof up of bringing the laptop out of sleep is easily attributable to the exigent circumstance of discovering a badly decomposed murder victim and needing to determine time of death.
Also: The time the laptop “awakening” and the time the Mesa PD officially initiated/served the search warrant? That’s about a half hour gap. Seriously? I think some “just plain cop” on the scene screwed up by moving the mouse/stirring the laptop out of sleep.

The boot-up a year later? The Mesa PD had already made a mirror of the drive. It was poor procedure to fire it up on June 19, 2009, but the DT – apparently – insisted on it. Changes made on that date were (in spite of BN’s insistence) likely automatic, resulting from the completion of installs/configurations initially downloaded on June 10, 2008, via auto-updates and from –possibly – anti-virus software doing its ‘thang’ upon boot-up.

8) Inability to find the *advertiser censored* is sheer incompetence: Likely not.
Neither the DT nor the State looked for *advertiser censored* “files” when the initial analyses were done.
9) No one looked for *advertiser censored* until JA changed her defense strategy
Two experts, one from the State and one from the DT said they didn’t find any *advertiser censored* (although Dworkin tried to change his tune when the DT changed THEIRS, then got called out by JM).
10) *advertiser censored* “hits” found now: Likely due to advancements in registry investigation tools.
*advertiser censored* site “hits” are far different than downloaded and saved photographic files.

I'm putting it here so others will see it for sure.

Here is the proof BN is an idiot lol. Automatic update for Apple software. Notice this article is from 2008.

http://www.zdnet.com/pictures/apple-software-update-versus-microsoft-update/

:giggle: (In my best Homer Simpson) Stupid Neumeister.

What's going on in court today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members