Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 12/05-08 In recess

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 29s 29 seconds ago

Nurmi is talking about the 3 witnesses who would participate under anonymity.

He is having trouble getting them to cooperate now.

In other words, even though JSS ordered him to give her the 3 witnesses' affadavits today, he didn't. And she didn't pursue thst any further. And he'll save up that delay for when he runs out of easy others. Got it.

I think the only way this trial should go forward is streaming it live. I think the upper courts should put this on the fast track and muzzle Nurmi/Wilmott for good.

Nothing's showing up on the Ct App or AZ Supreme Court websites, although they're typically a day behind.

ETA: Yes, the AZ Supreme Court can deny the request to hear any appeal.

On what grounds is Nurmi appealing the COA ruling? That he doesn't think its fair that she has to be sentenced?

Blech blech blech blech!!! I can barely stand to watch this now. It's fallen down in to such a level....and it's the Christmas season and I'm sure how this sociopath is "celebrating". I just can't even...

She's celebrating like this I'm sure :facepalm:
♪
♫ Oh Holy Night ♫

She has totally ruined one of my favorite Christmas songs :tantrum:

She's celebrating like this I'm sure :facepalm:
♪
♫ Oh Holy Night ♫

She has totally ruined one of my favorite Christmas songs :tantrum:

Its my absolute favorite, and yes, she tainted it for me too.

Wow, you guys were so busy posting while I was doing other things!

iTunes software will update automatically and even install the update automatically if you've set your preferences for it to do so. However, the End User License Agreement is never automatically okayed by the software. That would be insane on the part of Apple. When there is a major update in the software, there is usually a new EULA. Not all updates get a new EULA. Sometimes it seems like the only update to the software is the EULA.

That said, I can't imagine (as I posted earlier) a bunch of lawyers just blowing by that screen by clicking OK on a laptop in evidence. It may have happened, but I am skeptical.

Yes but even before you click to agree/accept the end-user agreement, the program itself and it's files would have already been installed automatically on your machine without needing the user to purposely do so. If I'm not mistaken.

On what grounds is Nurmi appealing the COA ruling? That he doesn't think its fair that she has to be sentenced?

As far as I know, he hasn't appealed it. But I assume his reason would be the same as it was before--"death is different" and therefore even if no constitutional right of JA is affected (because there is no const. right to a secret trial), she gets to make demands affecting the const. rights of others.

I think the only way this trial should go forward is streaming it live. I think the upper courts should put this on the fast track and muzzle Nurmi/Wilmott for good.

At this point, everyone has had enough. To hold the jurors hostage, the media, the public, the courtroom, the judge, the laws/rules that effect everyone else, and to not adhere to Court ORDERS (even JSS's own) I am truly at a loss as to how this process has been fair and just.

Please Juan, file CoA motions that specifically sets boundaries on No More secrets, delays, underhanded tactics, hiding, lying, or unfounded allegations of misdeeds! What a farce of a "illusion" of a trial. (Sorry, but this has just tipped me over)

In other words, even though JSS ordered him to give her the 3 witnesses' affadavits today, he didn't. And she didn't pursue thst any further. And he'll save up that delay for when he runs out of easy others. Got it.

I don't understand why he doesn't just subpoena them. I don't understand why JSS doesn't ask him to do this. I don't understand why JSS allows JA to refuse to testify and cause more delays. I don't understand what's going on, WHY it's going on, and it's pissing me off.

:tyou: AZlawyer !

So ... did the DT appeal the COA's ruling to the AZ Supreme Court ?

Of course, IF they did, the Supreme Court can deny to even hear it, right ?

Thanks !

Looks like KN is waiting for the written opinion on the COA ruling so that he CAN take it to the Supreme Court. So he hasn't done it yet, he's still waiting. :gaah:

MOO

Looks like KN is waiting for the written opinion on the COA ruling so that he CAN take it to the Supreme Court. So he hasn't done it yet, he's still waiting. :gaah:

MOO

He CAN take it to the Supreme Court right this second, and his 30-day time period started running when the order was released. But that means he still has until Christmas.

He doesn't know his basis yet, the COA hasn't issued their opinion regarding their ruling. Once that is out, then he can fashion his appeal to the the state Supreme Court. I hope, after reading the shoddy way Nurmi writes his endless motions, that the Supremes refuse to hear it. I don't believe there is any way that his witnesses, including Arias, meet the criteria for giving secret testimony. It is so obvious that this is stalling. They have had forever and a day to prepare for this penalty phase, yet there's some new "problem" every day coming from the DT. Smoke and mirrors.

I LOVE Wild About Trials tweets...they make me laugh out loud!:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

He CAN take it to the Supreme Court right this second, and his 30-day time period started running when the order was released. But that means he still has until Christmas.

So basically he's using the excuse that he's waiting for the written opinion before taking it so that they cannot turn him down within that 30 day period? So IOW he's waiting the entire 30 days?

The inmate is running the asylum. Worst court management I have ever seen or heard of. Pretty outrageous for citizens/taxpayers of Arizona and very sad for the Alexander family.

User Actions
Following

Michael KieferVerified account
‏@michaelbkiefer
"The question is how narrowly the opinion is written. Does it apply only to that witness or to all? Only then can defense go to Supreme Court"

He usually has an inside track on the DT's strategy. Sounds like a plan for a long delay: wait for opinion, appeal it, wait for a new opinion

He doesn't know his basis yet, the COA hasn't issued their opinion regarding their ruling. Once that is out, then he can fashion his appeal to the the state Supreme Court. I hope, after reading the shoddy way Nurmi writes his endless motions, that the Supremes refuse to hear it. I don't believe there is any way that his witnesses, including Arias, meet the criteria for giving secret testimony. It is so obvious that this is stalling. They have had forever and a day to prepare for this penalty phase, yet there's some new "problem" every day coming from the DT. Smoke and mirrors.

Can't he appeal to the Supreme Court with the option to submit his arguments later? :thinking:

So basically he's using the excuse that he's waiting for the written opinion before taking it so that they cannot turn him down within that 30 day period? So IOW he's waiting the entire 30 days?

Yes, it seems like a delay tactic to me.

Per BK. One of the 3 witnesses refused to write an affadavit. One hasn't responded. All 3 "refuse to participate." And one will only testify if the media is kicked out.

What a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member