Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 12/05-08 In recess

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but don't you think he would have done so by now if he wanted to get involved? There must be something in the super-secret hearings that makes even the presiding judge think this is at least borderline OK.
Not to mention JM...are we sure he's even objecting to the delay at this point? All we know is that he was laughing at the bench.

AZL, can you think of any circumstances that might fall within the realm of "borderline OK"? In the most remote of circumstances what could possibly fit within this category? Here are some of the most outrageous things I could come up with - would they even have this kind of impact on this trial?

If JA was sexually abused as a child, it is not an ongoing situation and she is no longer a child.
If TA was sexually abusing a child (which I do not believe at all) couldn't the child's identity be kept secret but the evidence be presented?
If JA was assisting an undercover cop in an investigation into a "child sex ring" and it had some bearing on this case?

Every day that KN is able to stall.....with the blessing of JSS.....is another leisurely payday for him and his sidekick. Next time there is an outcry over no tax money available for something Arizona taxpayers want....hope they are reminded of what is happening and has happened in JSS's courtroom. With KN, JW and the convict calling the shots.
Hopefully, JM will explain to the Alexanders what was so amusing....

AZL...what "this" are you referring to thst might be border line OK?

I'm sure the Alexander's are not laughing today. I don't know how they keep their decorum.

It's disappointing, disgusting, disrespectful and DT is disingenuous imo!

Can anyone name one order that JSS has given that has stuck? Any one order that was followed through?

Thanks AZL for your insightful contributions.

God bless the Alexander's.

I need to say that I am truly appreciative of AZL & Boytown and Minor and other Atty's on this board who try to answer our questions. Thank you for being here and trying to help us make sense of this whole thing, even when you all have no more information (from this secret court) than we do.

Do all these witnesses have attorneys? Wonder who is advising them. While most people would fear contempt of Court these folks are beyond believable.

:thinking: They realize contempt of court is worse than potential perjury charges?

I'm not sure what you mean. Continuing it will likely CAUSE a mistrial due to loss of jurors. I mean, how long can we expect these people to stay off Facebook??

Ohhhhh, good point. Betcha that the DT has folks watching those like a hawk. And of course, if they are caught, it may not be brought up until later so that Nurmi and Willmont are paid for drawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwing this trial out.

I'm sorry, but I think AZ is the laughing stock...
Because of the DT antics, people are noticing and people are talking about the way
this trial has become a circus...
Plus the amount of money that the AZ taxpayers
are required to pay for a muderess...
And right about now ole Stabby is laughing too...The attention this gives her can't get much better than this...MOO
SMDH

This is just one trial out of thousands in Arizona. It's the "exception" not "the rule".

If Californians would quit moving to Arizona, we wouldn't have the likes of Yrecka's finest, CMJA, clogging up our legal system. < I think I like that statement better. And while I'm at it, send the bill to California too.

There is no part of me that thinks the judge would give her LWP. The judge has to be fed up with this crap and she knows what's going on.

She was over ruled by COA. That can't make her happy.

IMO, she would give JA LWOP.

Yes, but don't you think he would have done so by now if he wanted to get involved? There must be something in the super-secret hearings that makes even the presiding judge think this is at least borderline OK.

Not to mention JM...are we sure he's even objecting to the delay at this point? All we know is that he was laughing at the bench.

You know, I was wondering about JM myself. Has he been overruled so much he's not bothering, or is this just acceptable wrangling in the culture of the criminal court system. Is it a big old game, with a generous touch of theater, where they play by rules the rest of us can't decipher? Then they all have a nice laugh after they've each made their moves at the super-secret sidebar? I wonder...

I think they can redo the penalty phase again as long as the mistrial is not the prosecution's fault. But there might be a public outcry against spending another X million dollars on this nonsense.

Seriously??? The first trial, where she was found guilty? This could really happen? I'm a little confused on this. If the prosecution has not done anything to cause a mistrial, then it would be the defense who caused a mistrial, and because of the defense causing a mistrial the penalty trial could be done over. And this new trial of the penalty phase would mean new jurors?

AZlawyer, thank you sooooo much for all you do here, for all the time you spend explaining everything.

Okay, entertain us...what in the world could it be in such super-secret hearings? For the life of me, I just don't know.

This is such an injustice to Travis' family, all these delays/reschedulings. I seriously feel so bad for them, what a financial and physicial (let alone EMOTIONAL) toll on them.

I'm just venting, I know...and I know you can't be thrilled with what you're seeing, either.

I wonder if the Alexanders sitting there watching this even enters their minds?

Note to self.....never, ever follow any court case out of Az., again.

:seeya:

Adding: NEVER EVER EVER follow a court case with JSS as judge !

:hills::hills::hills:

AZL, can you think of any circumstances that might fall within the realm of "borderline OK"? In the most remote of circumstances what could possibly fit within this category? Here are some of the most outrageous things I could come up with - would they even have this kind of impact on this trial?

If JA was sexually abused as a child, it is not an ongoing situation and she is no longer a child.
If TA was sexually abusing a child (which I do not believe at all) couldn't the child's identity be kept secret but the evidence be presented?
If JA was assisting an undercover cop in an investigation into a "child sex ring" and it had some bearing on this case?

AZL...what "this" are you referring to thst might be border line OK?

I was referring to the delays. I think we went through all the possible "OK" reasons for the secrecy weeks ago, and now we know that none of them applied because JA was testifying. None of the things wenwe mentioned above would require JA to testify in secret. Maybe someone's real name wouldn't be used, or another witness would testify in secret, but not JA.

@starknightz: Right quick? Looks like deadline with COA today Dec 8 2014/ What for? Later all! http://t.co/GgdcLtyt6t #jodiarias http://t.co/L8Luk2K3nu

Something due today from COA does anyone know what this means?

It was just a deadline to respond to someone's request for the Ct App to look at a certain part of the record. They decided right away to look at it, so that issue is moot.

Seriously??? The first trial, where she was found guilty? This could really happen? I'm a little confused on this. If the prosecution has not done anything to cause a mistrial, then it would be the defense who caused a mistrial, and because of the defense causing a mistrial the penalty trial could be done over. And this new trial of the penalty phase would mean new jurors?

AZlawyer, thank you sooooo much for all you do here, for all the time you spend explaining everything.

No, not the guilt phase--the penalty phase. The part we're allegedly in trial for right now.

No, the penalty phase (DP vs Life) not the guilt phase.

Thank you for the list!!!! It really helps keep track of what's been brought up and mulled over. Could you please post it in the trial timeline thread so it doesn't get buried and overlooked?

Hi. I'm going through and copying and pasting references cited by WS posters right now. Will repost the list in the Timeline Thread ... would you like a repeat with the references posted here, too?

If JSS is elected can't interested and fed up Arizona taxpayers initiate a petition to recall Judge Stephens ???? Perhaps that would shock her into action. I know if I was a taxpayer in that state I would be super P----d off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tammy58