Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 12/05-08 In recess

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The holiday season is upon us. Maybe we can all chip in and buy JSS a Christmas present. Maybe the PPL offers a product along the lines of "How to Manage Your CourtRoom- 10 Easy Steps to Restoring Decorum and Efficiency."

We could also enclose a copy of the Constitution for her to consult.

This is BS. He's got three witnesses refusing to testify. So what? You don't need to move the earth for them. Just don't call them! They sound difficult, as hell. Move on, then.

He's waiting for the COA ruling to see if it extends to all witnesses? But you're only having issues with 3 out of 14, right? So call one of them until then!

And we know the COA ruling said during testimony of Jodi Arias, so call her.

Appealing to a higher court...why? Why is this so important? Subpoena the witnesses or shut up about it. Make Jodi take the stand because she has no right to make the demand that she is making.

AZL...is it legally permissible for the State to issue subpoenas to defense witnesses if the DT refuses to?

I ran around this morning to fight wit the SS office trying to convince them that I have no middle name. I have never had a middle name, there is no middle name on my birth certificate, and the "middle"name on my drivers license is my maiden name. and they say but it says middle name, no that is my maiden name. And this wasn't the reason I had to go there in the first place. They said they have a different year listed on my ss account. I tell them everything YOU have ever sent me has my correct birth date and year, so why all of the sudden when I want to start drawing my ss I have a different birth year, that I have to prove

All of the aggravation to rush here to find out that Nurmi and company is going to have a much nicer Christmas than the Alexanders, the jury and the taxpayers of Arizona.

JSS order Nurmi to get his witnesses on board NOW. It's up to him to make every effort to get them to court if they're that damn important issues subpoenas and fine them for contempt.

Also was the Jodi was helping bust a child *advertiser censored* ring a tongue in cheek remark? AGRRRRRRR I need a freaking valium

I was referring to the delays. I think we went through all the possible "OK" reasons for the secrecy weeks ago, and now we know that none of them applied because JA was testifying. None of the things wenwe mentioned above would require JA to testify in secret. Maybe someone's real name wouldn't be used, or another witness would testify in secret, but not JA.

It was just a deadline to respond to someone's request for the Ct App to look at a certain part of the record. They decided right away to look at it, so that issue is moot.

No, not the guilt phase--the penalty phase. The part we're allegedly in trial for right now.

BBM First LOL of the day. Thank you so much. We needed that. I feel much less frustrated after reading your answers here.

Is it true that JM has another trial set to open on December 18 (Redondo)? What then? And if so, gotta think Nurmi is hoping JM can't pull off 2 at once without delays, if at all.

I believe, truly, that JSS is hoping and praying for a mistrial -- She's aiding and abetting JA so she can give her LWP....

Just to stick it to JM. It's all a big game of gotcha.

BBM: I totally agree ! There has got to be a reason WHY JSS favors the defense so much and I think that you got it !

:gaah:

All these outrageous decisions/rulings/continuances by JSS completely FAVORED the defense. Otherwise, she would have told Nurmi and Wilmott "we're moving along, so if ya don't like it, appeal it" ! But she does not have the guts to tell them this penalty phase is taking way way way too long and they need to move forward.

So WHY does JSS give in to every single stinking demand made by the defense team ?

It is NOT IMO that she is being overly cautious because of appeals -- that excuse is getting "old," and CMJA is going to appeal everything she can anyway -- that how she is !

Is JSS anti-DP ?

WHAT in the world is JSS's problem ?

:moo: and :moo: and :moo:

The holiday season is upon us. Maybe we can all chip in and buy JSS a Christmas present. Maybe the PPL offers a product along the lines of "How to Manage Your CourtRoom- 10 Easy Steps to Restoring Decorum and Efficiency."

Lol, I'll go for that!

This is BS. He's got three witnesses refusing to testify. So what? You don't need to move the earth for them. Just don't call them! They sound difficult, as hell. Move on, then.

He's waiting for the COA ruling to see if it extends to all witnesses? But you're only having issues with 3 out of 14, right? So call one of them until then!

And we know the COA ruling said during testimony of Jodi Arias, so call her.

Appealing to a higher court...why? Why is this so important? Subpoena the witnesses or shut up about it. Make Jodi take the stand because she has no right to make the demand that she is making.

He is just stretching it as far as it will go to continue getting paychecks. I can't imagine anyone else hiring after he has made such an *advertiser censored* of himself...

I'd just be thinking whatever these three witnesses have to say must not be that important for them to be playing these games.

:hilarious: :hilarious: !

:thinking: You gave me an idea . . . how about:

- How to be an Efficient Judge for Dumbies

- The U.S. Constitution for Dumbies

:seeya:

BBM: I totally agree ! There has got to be a reason WHY JSS favors the defense so much and I think that you got it !

All these outrageous decisions/rulings/continuances by JSS completely FAVORED the defense. Otherwise, she would have told Nurmi and Wilmott "we're moving along, so if ya don't like it, appeal it" ! But she does not have the guts to tell them this penalty phase is taking way way way too long and they need to move forward.

So WHY does JSS give in to every single stinking demand made by the defense team ?

It is NOT IMO that she is being overly cautious because of appeals -- that excuse is getting "old," and CMJA is going to appeal everything she can anyway -- that how she is !

Is JSS anti-DP ?

The judge overruling the defense's many motions for prosecutorial misconduct and to have the death penalty taken away does not favor the defense. If she were trying to favor them, no need to make it so difficult when the defense has made weekly pleas to her to get the death penalty tossed.

She IS being overly cautious. She wants this sentence to stick if it's the death penalty. It's not about her appealing, it's about her appealing successfully. If she says tough nuggets and tells them to just appeal these issues later, there's a chance Jodi's death sentence would be thrown out. Better to handle these things now, no?

If JSS is elected can't interested and fed up Arizona taxpayers initiate a petition to recall Judge Stephens ???? Perhaps that would shock her into action. I know if I was a taxpayer in that state I would be super P----d off.

How about an emergency recall of JSS ... NOW!

Is JSS anti-DP ?

The million dollar question. IMO, JSS needs to be in traffic court.

From the State versus Arias Facebook page

"#‎JodiArias‬' attorney, Kirk Nurmi, said that Arias will not resume her testimony until the COA issues its opinion about the closure order -- the opinion will give the rationale for, and parameters of, their decision to vacate the closure order.

The defense may appeal the issue to the Arizona Supreme Court, according to Nurmi.

~Beth Karas, in part"

Great idea! except the good judge would not consult the Constitution...she would toss it out the window.

From the State versus Arias Facebook page

"#‎JodiArias‬' attorney, Kirk Nurmi, said that Arias will not resume her testimony until the COA issues its opinion about the closure order -- the opinion will give the rationale for, and parameters of, their decision to vacate the closure order.

The defense may appeal the issue to the Arizona Supreme Court, according to Nurmi.

~Beth Karas, in part"

The order said she can't testify in secret. The order before that said that the judge could place reasonable restrictions on the coverage per the usual rules of court.

Who needs to know the Ct App's reasoning? Just follow the orders. Call JA up to the stand. What does he mean she "will not" resume her testimony? Call her up for cross if she doesn't want to say anything else on direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487